Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

free down load of hindi songs

Merry chrismas

Re: free down load of hindi songs

bollywood pictures songs

: bollywood pictures songs

: : bollywood pictures songs

: : : bollywood pictures songs
bollywood ghazals

bollywood pictures songs and Gazhal

plz send me mp3 songs

i want to download a hindi songs.

i want latest hindi song.

i want letest hindi song

: Merry chrismas

free music downloads

: : Merry chrismas

pls send me the new songs
thanking you,
JAMEELTK

happy new year

I want this song "Ek do teen aja mousam hai rangeen" of film "AWAARA"

happy valantines day

its great site downloading songs

old hindi songs of lata mangeshkar,kishor kumar

: :

: : :

please let me download hindi songs

free down load of hindi songs

: : hindi old songs

: : : hindi old and new songs

free hindi songs to download

: happy new year.

Gibson 001?

I bought this guitar back in 1972 from a guy that got "busted" for pot and needed the money for his lawyer. I paid $70.00 then and had a chance to by a '57 humming bird at the same time for $150.00. Couldn't scrape up the "jack" for that one. Regretted it ever since. Never saw the guy again, so I don't know his outcome. The guitar and I have been together ever since. Last year the neck warpped and some braces were coming unglued. Sent it to an authorized repair shop. I'd never been able to find a number but the head has "Gibson" written in script. No "The." preceeds "Gibson." It is a tobacco sun burst color.I asked the repairman if he could give me an idea as to what it was. From my understanding "Gibson" in script was not used after 1932? The guitar was always referred to by everyone that saw it as a "Lady Gibson." The repairman told me after refferancing it that it was a "Gibson 001." pronounced "double ought one" I'd never heard of it. According to him "Gibson" made these guitars at the start of WWII (this one, I was told, is a 1940 model) and these instruments were donated to the military to be put in barracks, so if a serviceman could play, they'd have something there to play. The old Ax is in fair shape and has a crack on the bottom side that was epoxied(?) from the outside. A slight hairline on the top that has been stopped. Below the pick guard is some major pick scrapping. (Not as bad as Willie"s.) None of these character flaws have effected the sound. It always sounded good but after coming back from the shop it sounds better than most guitars I ever heard and plays like an electric!

Anyone else ever heard this story of the "001?" The repairman said he'd give $1500.00 before he started. It ain't for sale! It's written too many songs for me. In fact, it wrote two when it got home!!!

I've looked on eBay for like kind but nothing.

Just courious.

Re: Gibson 001?

wow, contact gibson. they might be interested, as well as could tell you stuff about it.
they were pretty good about helping me figure out my Gibson stuff.

--dan

: I bought this guitar back in 1972 from a guy that got "busted" for pot and needed the money for his lawyer. I paid $70.00 then and had a chance to by a '57 humming bird at the same time for $150.00. Couldn't scrape up the "jack" for that one. Regretted it ever since. Never saw the guy again, so I don't know his outcome. The guitar and I have been together ever since. Last year the neck warpped and some braces were coming unglued. Sent it to an authorized repair shop. I'd never been able to find a number but the head has "Gibson" written in script. No "The." preceeds "Gibson." It is a tobacco sun burst color.I asked the repairman if he could give me an idea as to what it was. From my understanding "Gibson" in script was not used after 1932? The guitar was always referred to by everyone that saw it as a "Lady Gibson." The repairman told me after refferancing it that it was a "Gibson 001." pronounced "double ought one" I'd never heard of it. According to him "Gibson" made these guitars at the start of WWII (this one, I was told, is a 1940 model) and these instruments were donated to the military to be put in barracks, so if a serviceman could play, they'd have something there to play. The old Ax is in fair shape and has a crack on the bottom side that was epoxied(?) from the outside. A slight hairline on the top that has been stopped. Below the pick guard is some major pick scrapping. (Not as bad as Willie"s.) None of these character flaws have effected the sound. It always sounded good but after coming back from the shop it sounds better than most guitars I ever heard and plays like an electric!

: Anyone else ever heard this story of the "001?" The repairman said he'd give $1500.00 before he started. It ain't for sale! It's written too many songs for me. In fact, it wrote two when it got home!!!

: I've looked on eBay for like kind but nothing.

: Just courious.

fingerings

Hello i really need bass guitar fingerings.If anyone knows a web page or has them would you please email them to me?thanks!

can figure powercords?!?

hello people...
i cant figure out how to play power cords at all...i know how to play the basic cords but i cant figure powercords.....i also play bass...but with bass, cords arnt an issue...but its diving me completly insane....so if any of you could help a musician in need ...it would be much appreciated...:p....thanx
Sara

Re: can figure powercords?!?

Power chords are barre chords use 4-6 strings when strummed.Power fifths are 2 notes rang together(ie:5th fret A on E string and 7th fret E on A string make a power 5th).
There are lots of good books to help you too.
Good Luck

can you help me learn powercords???

: hello people...
: i cant figure out how to play power cords at all...i know how to play the basic cords but i cant figure powercords.....i also play bass...but with bass, cords arnt an issue...but its diving me completly insane....so if any of you could help a musician in need ...it would be much appreciated...:p....thanx
: Sara

....and also

...having much trouble with double picking .....teh picks keeps flying from my hands.....its annoying...i bring a pick to school and pick at my fingers when im bored in class ...maybe this will help a little? anyway ..any ideas would be great

ROCK RIFFS CONNECTION (Cote)

Hi,

I am looking for the book "Rock Riffs COnnection" by Nigel Cote.

If anybody can help me, please email me at : tonis12@hotmail.com

I would be ready to buy it used or photocopies of it.

Thanks
Tonis

Trade Scanned tabs

Hi!

If you want to trade scanned guitar tabs and some theory books - add me on msn jonatanberg@hotmail.com

See ya!

help.

can anyone help me?? i just got a fender strat but i have no idea how to play it. Ive tried teaching myself but i dont understand how to read the music. Can you help!!!??

Re: help.

Either take lessons, or find someone who can show you the basics. There are plenty of websites with basic instruction, and maybe download some songs in TAB format, it's an easier format and you don't need to know how to read music to use it

: can anyone help me?? i just got a fender strat but i have no idea how to play it. Ive tried teaching myself but i dont understand how to read the music. Can you help!!!??

have old silvertone need info plz help.

I have an old silvertone 6string gutair no vin# no model only have photos please help me find out what too do I dont want to play her too hard.

aria 12 string electric

I have an aria 12 string electric hollow body with tobacco sunburst and no model number on form. has mother of pearl inlay on neck and finger guard,trying to find some information on it.

Goya Cf Martin

I aquired a Goya Cf martin that i know nothing about its in great condition..its probably dated from 1960-1970 it said model number 1805 what is some information about this guitar and prices

download all the songs of kal ho na ho

i like all the songs

Re: download all the songs of kal ho na ho

: i like all the songs

: : i like all the songs of kal ho na ho coz all the songs are very touchy and had deep fellingin the heart of the persons.

: : i like the songs of kal ho na ho

download all the songs of kal ho na ho

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.