Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Prince

This is what I've heard and read.
Prince's main concern was musical,sound arrangment and production.He's notoriously "STONE HANDED" on these issues.Very demanding!
Guitar playing,didn't seem a huge concern for him later in his career.He had a host of other baddass guitar players to take the load.Dez Dickerson,Miko Weaver,and virtuoso Wendy Malovin to name a few.

Prince is definatley a BAD MOFO!His style tends toward Jimmy Hendrix,Eddie Hazel,Muddy Waters...very bluesy,hard edge,wah-wah powered boogie woogie.
"LETS GO CRAZY",the end solo is Prince.The Middle solo is Wendy."WHEN DOVES CRY"is Wendy,but "TEMPTATION" is definatly Prince."BAMBI"is vintage Prince.He's also a good rythym guitarist,a FONKAY bass player and a powerful drummer!

But he deserves more credit than just as a musician.
Prince kept traditional POWER FUNK alive,well into the 90's!Especially after '95,when music took a turn for the worst.He also helped George Clinton and P-Funk make a breif,but spectacular come back!

Good Luck

: This is what I've heard and read. : Prince's main concern was musical,sound arrangment and production.He's notoriously "STONE HANDED" on these issues.Very demanding! : Guitar playing,didn't seem a huge concern for him later in his career.He had a host of other baddass guitar players to take the load.Dez Dickerson,Miko Weaver,and virtuoso Wendy Malovin to name a few. : Prince is definatley a BAD MOFO!His style tends toward Jimmy Hendrix,Eddie Hazel,Muddy Waters...very bluesy,hard edge,wah-wah powered boogie woogie. : "LETS GO CRAZY",the end solo is Prince.The Middle solo is Wendy."WHEN DOVES CRY"is Wendy,but "TEMPTATION" is definatly Prince."BAMBI"is vintage Prince.He's also a good rythym guitarist,a FONKAY bass player and a powerful drummer! : But he deserves more credit than just as a musician. : Prince kept traditional POWER FUNK alive,well into the 90's!Especially after '95,when music took a turn for the worst.He also helped George Clint<a href='http://www.geocities.com/ewniono'>o</a>n and P-Funk make a breif,but spectacular come back! : Good Luck

Gee,are going o write an inelligent follow up?? Or just reprint what I've already wrote?!?

I understand your frustration...but it ain't easy being me.

Trade 65 Fender Twin Reverb Reissue for Vox Valvetronix head

Looking to trade a never gigged and clean 65 Fender Twin Reverb Reissue for a Vox Valvetronix head and pedal VC12 (new style).
Please email me at albripet@cableone.net

Thanks,
Peter

strataverius restoration

I would like to know how I would go about finding someone that works on and restores old violins.

Re: strataverius restoration

I'm highly doubtful that you have a Stradivarius (as it's sometimes correctly spelled). If you did, you wouldn't be asking this question, especially here.

That said, I suggest typing the words "violin restoration" into the search box at Yahoo. I got 20,000 hits. I'll bet at least one of them knows a little about it.

: I would like to know how I would go about finding someone that works on and restores old violins.

Need a manual for my portastudio 488

I thought I could figure it out by trial and error, but that was ridiculous. I'd greatly appreciate some help.

running Ampeg 8X10 cabs through SVT-350H

I am trying to run 2 8X10 cabs through the SVT-350H solid state head.. But when I do, I get a rattle )(like a blown speaker) out of two of the top speakers in each cabinet.. Is this an ohmage problem, and is it even possible to run them through that head?? The cabs sound fine individually..

Re: running Ampeg 8X10 cabs through SVT-350H

: I am trying to run 2 8X10 cabs through the SVT-350H solid state head.. But when I do, I get a rattle )(like a blown speaker) out of two of the top speakers in each cabinet.. Is this an ohmage problem, and is it even possible to run them through that head?? The cabs sound fine individually..

Yes this is an ohmage problem. And no its not possible to run them through the head. Thats why your getting that rattle. Try taking your speakers in for repair and let a profesional look at them.

Manual Needed for Tascam 424 (original, not mkIII)

Hello, just wondering if anyone has an original portastudio 424 manual available? I recently purchased one and the manual was not included. It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Email dschroeder01@hotmail.com Thanks!

Re: Manual Needed for Tascam 424

: Hello, just wondering if anyone has an original portastudio 424 manual available? I recently purchased one and the manual was not included. It would be greatly appreciated!!!

: Email dschroeder01@hotmail.com Thanks!

: : Hello, just wondering if anyone has an original portastudio 424 manual available? I recently purchased one and the manual was not included. It would be greatly appreciated!!!
i CAN DO YOU A COPY IF YOU LIKE?

: : Email dschroeder01@hotmail.com Thanks!

: Hello, just wondering if anyone has an original or secondhand (in good Condition) portastudio 424 manual available? I recently purchased one and the manual was not included. It would be greatly appreciated!!!

: Email dschroeder01@hotmail.com Thanks!

I've got one. A copy of it if you're interested. Let me know if you've found one yet. Thanks!

Looking for affordable necks

Im having troubles finding a good neck that isnt or looks nothing like a fender. Does n e one know where i can find one that is affordable.

songs of kal ho na ho

sir i want free download of kal ho na ho

Re: songs of kal ho na ho

: sir i want free download of kal ho na ho

: : sir i want free download of kal ho na ho

: : : sir i want free download of kal ho na ho

: : : : sir i want f<a href='http://www.preteens-in-bikini.com'>r</a>ee download of kal ho na ho

: : : : sir i want free download of kal ho na ho video

: : : : : sir i want free download of kal ho na ho video song

songs of kal ho na ho

: sir i want free download of kal ho na ho and pictures of sharukhan

: : sir i want free download of kal ho na ho and pictures of sharukhan

: : : sir i want free download songs of kal ho na ho.

: : : : sir i want free download songs of kal ho na ho.

sir i want free downloadable songs of "Kal Ho Na Ho" film.

: sir i want free download of kal ho na ho
can i down load plz
i sahll b very thanks full to u bye

: sir i want free download of <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">kal </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">ho </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#ff9999">na </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">ho</B>

songs

i want to download hindi songs

ACHAT

UNE BONNE GUITARE A PAS CHER C QUOI? SVP RENSEIGNER MOI

for discussion

Is that an Indtitution with global standard for Creative studies required in India to compete with the world wide professionals.The campus will be called as "Global school of Creative Studies", in Chennai. This campus includes Animation and Digital Media, Communication design, Industrial design, Architecture, Fine Arts, Crafts, Interior design. If this project is Feasible to be coming up in Chennai. If not in chennai which place in chennai is Feasible for this type of campus.

blah blah blah

who cares ? when they start teaching music then maybe post it here.

: Is that an Indtitution with global standard for Creative studies required in India to compete with the world wide professionals.The campus will be called as "Global school of Creative Studies", in Chennai. This campus includes Animation and Digital Media, Communication design, Industrial design, Architecture, Fine Arts, Crafts, Interior design. If this project is Feasible to be coming up in Chennai. If not in chennai which place in chennai is Feasible for this type of campus.

"Global school of Creative studies" campus is feasible in Chennai

Is that an Indtitution with global standard for Creative studies required in India to compete with the world wide professionals.The campus will be called as "Global school of Creative Studies", in Chennai. This campus includes Animation and Digital Media, Communication design, Industrial design, Architecture, Fine Arts, Crafts, Interior design. If this project is Feasible to be coming up in Chennai. If not in chennai which place in chennai is Feasible for this type of campus.

ple comment on this disscussion to my mail id..

chandu_80@yahoo.com
vijaychandru_arch@yahoo.com

effects programing

Is there any good website to go to that list different bands (i.e. Metallica) and the different effects they use (i.e. Am I Evil.) I am using a Zoom 505 II processer and cant find the right sounds.

FAKE fender stratocaster

I just want to show people this guitar. It was a fake stratocaster www.fakestrat.com

Re: FAKE fender stratocaster

man, my mate got a guitar of ebay and it was pretty good, i WAS gonna look there for my next guitar, but after seeing that no way, thats horrible, i feel for the dude who spent 3 grand on it.

Burns / Baldwin splitsound wiring help needed!

I have a 60's Burns/Baldwin Splitsound guitar with the low impeadance pickups, all the pickup leads are disconnected from the 4 way switch and I'd like to put them back as they were (stock). Any help(pic,diagram,schematic)would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Burns / Baldwin splitsound wiring help needed!

go to www.stewmac.com they have diagrams and instructions for most wiring configurations in their "free info sheets" section if not www.projectguitar.com may have some to help

help with raising action

I just got a new washburn accoustic a few months ago... and I'm having a big problem with the action. It's way too low. let me put it this way, the first three frets on the high E all sound exactly the same... a dull thud. the lower strings arent that bad but playing open chords sounds HORRIBLE. I'm a pretty experienced player but I've never had to deal with anything like this... can anyone tell me how I can fix it by myself, because I'm just a poor college student with 3 cents in my bank account.

thanks

Re: help with raising action

First off if it has a truss rod just adjust it so that neck bows away from the strings that should help sum. Secondly if it is how u say then there might be a problem with the neck (warped, twisted, etc...)if thats the case then your gonna need a new axe or a professional to fix it

guitar help

ive recently changed my strings to ernie ball supers and to do this i had to alter the bridge on my guitar and now it is constantly going out of tune and i was wondering if any one knows how to stop this from happening?

1964 Framus Television

Can anybody tell me how much this guitar is worth?
Thanks for your time.
Wyatt

Price for 1967 12 string Martin

Hi all. I am looking to sell my 1967 D-1220 Martin. I really don't know how much it is worth. Got a couple of people interested and don't know what to ask. Any help is appreciated. I've owned it since 1970. Thanks.

Gibson L6S

I have an ebony L6S Gibson (1963 according to the serial number). Does anyone know what it's worth in good condition?

Re: Gibson L6S

: I have an ebony L6S Gibson (1963 according to the serial number). Does anyone know what it's worth in good condition?..........
This would be impossible since the L6s was made only 7 years 1973 to 1979-80 from the Blue Book from Gibson USA. I HAVE A BLONDE 1977 & EBONY 1973. THERE is a great difference in the way Gibson kept the Serial numbers.

They had master craftsmen that didn’t want to relocate from Kalamazoo and looks to have had a silent rebellion by not staying in the configuration that Gibson held fairly solid for sum 40-50 years or so.

Make sure you are using the older format of reading the code number. The former chronology order is used at times but can be only partially applied. Read the very vague explanation from the blue book. I had a in-depth discussion with my former band mate and if you ignore the obvious “sometimes” , “not always” type wording in the confusing explanation you could have a couple different philosophies by the end of the read.

Take Care

Strings for Jackson PC1 and fretboard height

Hi,
Which brand/gauge strings are best for the Jackson PC1?
Also, what is the recommended height for the strings at the 12th fret.

Thanks

Takamine F 390 S Guitar

I have 1977 Takamine F 390 S guitar that I bought new. Does anyone have any idea what the guitar is worth today?

Re: Takamine F 390 S Guitar

: I have 1977 Takamine F 390 S guitar that I bought new. Does anyone have any idea what the guitar is worth today?

I believe this guitar goes for $300(poor conition) to $600(excellent condition)the reason being that the Guild that it copied is available for around $650 to $1200.I bought mine 2 years ago for $450. Mark

Charvel acoustic bass

I recently obtained a Charvel acoustic bass with active pick up. It's the shape of a Surfcaster. I'd like to know a bit about it but can't find anything on the net. Like when they where made etc. Any info appreciated

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.