Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

looking for a Guild M20

I'm looking for a Guild M20. Ideally it'd be based in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Belgium...) but I have also a contact in the US if needed.

Re: looking for a Guild M20

: I'm looking for a Guild M20. Ideally it'd be based in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Belgi<a href='http://www.russian-lolitas.org'>u</a>m...) but I have also a contact in the US if needed.

: : I'm looking for a Guild M20. Ideally it'd be based in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Belgi<a href='http://www.russian-lolitas.org'>u</a>m...) but I have also a contact in the US if needed.
Hello-Did you find one yet? What price range are you thinkging?

I ave a 1965 M-20 taht I am selling.

songs

nothing

Aria Thinline

Looking for date and price info an my Aria "Thinline" guitar. Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks,
Karl
kroten@tcac.net

starting a rock band

hi,im 13 and i live in kent (south east England)
and am desperate to form a rock band,i am ambitous regarding music.i know i may be young and have no band experience whatsoever,i can sing,although i cant reach the notes i used to (voice broke 2 years ago) i can hold a note pretty well, im the kind of guy who sounds crap when just singing when it dont matter,but if i was singing in front of 250,000 (besides hurling up) i could probably do it well,i listen to koRn,Nirvana and Linkin Park mainly,and i live just off a town called Edenbridge and attend Lingfield Notre Dame school,im struggling to find a place to practise,if you are interested,pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease e-mail me (i know myself to an extent that ill probably never look on here again) e-mail addrress is captainteddy2002@yahoo.co.uk this applies to people aged 12-15 only.guitarists (eletric or bass only) and a drummer that are interested and live near me are accepted,and no-one else.I wouldnt follow this if your the sort of guy whos going practise every week,and are bossy (had some bad experiences with my last band that lasted a grand total of 3 weeks),with me its simple,practise once or twice,every week,after a few months i would start playing gig's

Re: starting a rock band

Todies goot fello, me name es Gutenmargen. I live in Edenbridge as well but am homeschooled. I play the drums and would like to be in your band. Chipmunks can't play the drums as stupendus as me. call me 425-2405.

: hi my name is vicky i live in fallriver ma. and me and my friend ashley want to start a rock band we need people who own and can play orck instruments we really dont have any expeirience playing an insrument or bein in a band but we r really into rock music and really want to start a band

hi my name is stephanie, we have all the people and we have all the expiriance but what we need is music, no one can afford the music.

: : hi my name is Ryan i live in West hartford,CT. and me and my friend Colin want to start a rock band we need people who own and can play orck instruments we really dont have any expeirience playing an insrument or bein in a band but we r really into rock music and really want to start a band

PRS pick up wiring

I have 2 PRS pickups; Tremonti humbucker bridge and I believe a stock PRS neck pick up (it is labelled a Tremonti Bass, but I think it's labelled wrong). The bridge pick up has four wires as well as the ground (red green white and black), and the neck pick up has a single wire as well as the shielding for ground.

I want to set these up in an old Aria Pro II SG style guitar that has a humbucker (bridge)and single coil (neck), with two volume pots, one tone pot, and a three way pick up select switch.

The only real problem I have is the wire codes. any thoughts?

Re: PRS pick up wiring

for the bridge pickup:

look on the pickups to identify the wires that come out and in to each of the two coils in the humbucker. if you want it in humbucker mode (as opposed to split coils) then you need to solder the wire coming out of pickup 1 with the wire coming into pickup 2. this has the effect of making the current travel through both coils.

look on the stock humbucker you have, and see which of the wires goes to the volume pot and which to the pickup selector. then do the same with the prs pickups, ie if the wire going IN to coil 1 goes to the pickup selector on the aria, do the same with the prs. the other wire is generally earthed.

for the neck pickup:

the earthed wire should just be soldered to any metal part of the guitar that doesnt get in the way of the functioning of the electrics. the other single wire should just be soldered to the pickup selector.

it may be a help to find a site with all the colours according to make wires. do a google search for something like "prs wiring diagrams" and youll get your answers.

hope this is any help

a yamaha

Back in the mid eighties my friend had an old yamaha guitar it had a slim mahogany body in kind of a funky reversed strat shape and I think it had a reverse headstock but I'm not sure. Do you have any idea what it might have been or know where I might find out? His was the only one I have ever seen since thanks MP3

12 string guitar

I am curious to know if the 12 string guitar was in use in the Victorian era...say 1860 to 1890?

Re: 12 string guitar

: I am curious to know if the 12 string guitar was in use in the Victorian era...say 1860 to 1890?

I don't think so, but there's guitars like it
the reason I think that is 12 strings have alot more pressure on the speaking length of the body, so there hard to build.

Amp problem ,.. so sound

i have the Samick SM-10 amp,.. receltly it has stoped working,.. the power goes on bu there is no sound,.. i had a damamged input on it so i replaced it but still so sound,.. i then replaced the speaker but still nothing.,.. the headphones still work perfectly but nothing comes from the speaker or the line out,.. whats wrong?

Gibson L6S

I have a Gibson L6S guitar serial No 00141741 which I purchased in 1977. It is in great condition and has been unplayed for the past 20 years. Does anyone know what it's worth. It's the only right handed instrument I have as I'm left handed. Please e-mail.

download the kal ho na ho songs

: I have a Gibson L6S guitar serial No 00141741 which I purchased in 1977. It is in great condition and has been unplayed for the past 20 years. Does anyone know what it's worth. It's the only right handed instrument I have as I'm left handed. Please e-mail.

need advice on buying guitar

hi i need some advice on buying a guitar. this will be my first guitar and im not sure what to look for. price range of $100-$150. could you tell me some websites and brands of guitars. thanx

Re: need advice on buying guitar

For that price, what you will probably wind up with is an instrument that will frustrate you into giving up quickly. So the first advice is to raise your budget some.

After that, well, the next question is acoustic or electric? What kind of music are you hoping to play?

BLACK/DEATH METAL tones/equalization for BOSS GT-6

How can I get some great and heavy tones/equalizations in Black/Death/Thrash metal way, with BOSS Gt-6?? Something like EMPEROR, MYRKSKOG, ZYKLON, SIRIUS, DIMMU BORGIR and stuff...

4 ovation guitars

I have 2 celebrity model cc-028s-4. Their serial numbers are 1101608 and 1101611. I also have a celebrity model cc-026-4, serial number 1045517. All three have hard cases and have only been played about two times each. I also have a 2001 center hole collectors edition serial number 531 with a hard case and is number 21 in the series. It has a redwood top and ebony fret board. What are these guitars possibly worth?

Schecter C1+ vs. Epiphone Les Paul Std. vs. OTHER

which guitar would be better for getting heavier, darcker sound (im currently playng strats). please dont answer anything other than strats...
thanks

Re: Schecter C1+ vs. Epiphone Les Paul Std. vs. OTHER

Im currently playing a fender stratocaster, and fender fat strats. I think that the fat strat with overdrive deffanately gives a hard clean sound. Ive been playing guitar and drums for a long long time, and i think that the fat strat gives the best sound of any other giutar you could find.

Re: Schecter C1+ vs. Epiphone Les Paul Std. vs. OTHER

Im currently playing a fender stratocaster, and fender fat strats. I think that the fat strat with overdrive deffanately gives a hard clean sound. Ive been playing guitar and drums for a long long time, and i think that the fat strat gives the best sound of any other giutar you could find.

mark knopfler acoustic solo

Hi i'm looking for THE TAB of a classical guitar solo with an acoustic guitar of mark knopfler...can SOMEBODY help me
plieezzzzzz

Re: mark knopfler acoustic solo

yea.. i´m looking for the samething.

hey man, i'm looking for the same thing too. I'll keep looking or else try to tab it- if you find the tab- email me the page- thanks

yea.. i´m looking for the something guitar solo (acosutic)

Scale Lenght-What is it?

I have been on some guitar company's sites looking at different guitars and in the specs they refer to "scale length". Is this the distance from the nut to the end of the last fret on the fingerboard?

Re: Scale Lenght-What is it?

close, but it's basically the distance from the nut to the saddle, and hence the distance you use along with the string gauge to start intonating a guitar.

: I have been on some guitar company's sites looking at different guitars and in the specs they refer to "scale length". Is this the distance from the nut to the end of the last fret on the fingerboard?

Looking for people to work with

No limitations, Nobody telling you what to do, Just entertaining music and well made......

Good guitar shop in Orlando area

Looking for a good guitar shop in the Orlando area, preferably on the west side of town. I need someone I can trust to do setup properly on a Custom Classic Player Strat. I don't want to leave it with a big box store like Ash or Guitar Center if I can avoid it.

For Sale Gibson Hollow bodies

I have a 96 ES165 Herb Ellis And a 90 Chet Atkins Tennesean. Both mint with cases. The 165 Still has the plastic on the pickguard. Will provide pics on reguest.

Re: For Sale Gibson Hollow bodies

: I would like for you to send pics and price please...Kerry

guild X-175 lefty

I have an opportunity to buy an Acoustic/electric Guild X-175tobacco sunburst LEFTY!....I need to know if this specific one is a good guitar. The person is offering to me for a good price. what he says it is worth....any suggestions????
and what would it be worth,

David Barry

David Barry

This popular thread has been given its own page : David Barry

Seagull serial numbers

Does anyone know anything about Seagull's serial numbering? My best friend and I just bought S6+folks, and hers is slightly larger than mine. Our inner labels are different, and her serial number seems to indicate it was built this year, but mine doesn't have a clear cut date on it. Any thoughts?

Whats My1936 Martin Acoustic Worth?

I have a 0017 1936 Martin Acoustic thats in preety mint condition i have pictures of it.. does anyone know what this might be worth? or anyone who knows someoene or might be interested in this guitar email me please or post a follow up

Re: Whats My1936 Martin Acoustic Worth?

Don't know what it's worth -- would like to see a picture of it. I have an 0-17 made in 1940
please e-mail me

Some ideas please...

Hiya,
I'm 16 and i've been playing guitar for around two years. I learn songs and learn musical theory, but recently I have hit a wall. i don't seem to be improving anymore. I am into emo stuff such as Dashboard Confessional and intead to write a few songs in his style. Any suggestions on what I should start learning, any practise regimes, and tips anything to help me improve, will be greatly appreciated.
Thnx

Re: Some ideas please...

try to forget about the theory!PUT ON HIS CD AND JAM ALONG WITH THE SONGS UNTILL YOU THINK YOUVE NAILED A FEW,OVER TIME HIS STYLE WILL BE INFLUENTIAL IN YOUR PLAYING, THIS IS ALSO EXELENT TRAINING FOR YOUR EAR!

: Hiya,
: I'm 16 and i've been playing guitar for around two years. I learn songs and learn musical theory, but recently I have hit a wall. i don't seem to be improving anymore. I am into emo stuff such as Dashboard Confessional and intead to write a few songs in his style. Any suggestions on what I should start learning, any practise regimes, and tips anything to help me improve, will be greatly appreciated.
: Thnx

well my first question is to you is,what do want to improve on?chord voicings?lead guitar?song writing in general?wel neways,it sounds to me like you mean your in a "dashboard c." wall.if so,just try to start learning/listening to somthing of the genre maybee,but somthing that sounds significantly different to there stuff.or even better jump into another genre,blues,jazz,especially jazz,its a great type of music for LEADS and CHORD voicings,thats what jazz is all about,lots of chords and scales.well i hope this helps ya,your question was pretty vague.theres a lot of different aspects of "improvment":-P

: : Hiya,
: : I'm 16 and i've been playing guitar for around two years. I learn songs and learn musical theory, but recently I have hit a wall. i don't seem to be improving anymore. I am into emo stuff such as Dashboard Confessional and intead to write a few songs in his style. Any suggestions on what I should start learning, any practise regimes, and tips anything to help me improve, will be greatly appreciated.
: : Thnx

: well my first question is to you is,what do want to improve on?chord voicings?lead guitar?song writing in general?wel neways,it sounds to me like you mean your in a "dashboard c." wall.if so,just try to start learning/listening to somthing of the genre maybee,but somthing that sounds significantly different to there stuff.or even better jump into another genre,blues,jazz,especially jazz,its a great type of music for LEADS and CHORD voicings,thats what jazz is all about,lots of chords and scales.well i hope this helps ya,your question was pretty vague.theres a lot of different aspects of "improvment":-P

Well mainly song writing ingerneral..i seem to have good chord voicings and my ear is prettygood...im just stuck wen it comes to songs now...cn u help me??

78 Fender Mustang Value

I'm thinking of buying a 78 Fender Mustang(all original, cream w/black pickguard), original case as well. Made in USA. serial#-S819395. Mint cond, no wear and tear, looks perfect. She's asking $650. Am i getting ripped off?

Re: 78 Fender Mustang Value

: I'm thinking of buying a 78 Fender Mustang(all original, cream w/black pickguard), original case as well. Made in USA. serial#-S819395. Mint cond, no wear and tear, looks perfect. She's asking $650. Am i getting ripped off?

No, That is a good price for a good guitar. It's a model that has been used by many artists like Kurt Cobain.

old gibson guitar

I have an old gibson f-hole guitar,sunburst finish,dot inlay and, black headstock. only numbers found are 1864-2-0. can anyone tell me the value. Gibson said it was made in the 40"s. condition is about 90% Thanks

Re: old gibson guitar

I would assume the Gibson people mentioned a model number, etc.? Please provide same (and a picture, if you can).

Regards,

David R. O'Hearn
dohearn@fenix.com

: I have an old gibson f-hole guitar,sunburst finish,dot inlay and, black headstock. only numbers found are 1864-2-0. can anyone tell me the value. Gibson said it was made in the 40"s. condition is about 90% Thanks

Re: old gibson guitar

I have an old Gibson guitar Style L4 Number,966S9 Made in Kalamazoo Mich. wiuld like to know the value is in very good condition

:
: : I have an old gibson f-hole guitar,sunburst finish,dot inlay and, black headstock. only numbers found are 1864-2-0. can anyone tell me the value. Gibson said it was made in the 40"s. condition is about 90% Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.