Aria classical guitar Model #A552

Posted by Ardie on Mon, 05/03/04 - 15:52:26.

I purchased this guitar new in 1968 and was wondering the value of it now. It has a serial #00444.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Aria AA552

I have an Aria model AA552 serial #67447 and was wondering if anyone has any information about this instrument for me.
What might be it's value
When was it made
What name was it sold under eg. Flamingo or?

info on Aria guitar

Good day

I have a Aria guitar model 9580 serial blank I purchased this guitar in 1978 it was never used vey much and is perfect condition so I am trying to find out info on this model and approximate value, if anyone could contribute any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you W B Kaiser

Aria guitar value

I have a Aria guitar model # A562 serial#00884. Any idea of the value? Thank you

Model #A-694

An old 12 string model A-694 was given to me recently and I was wondering what it is worth. The serial number is 213.

Also curious to know what it would cost to send it in and get it refurbished.

Thanks,

Re: Model #A-694

: An old 12 string model A-694 was given to me recently and I was wondering what it is worth. The serial number is 213.

: Also curious to know what it would cost to send it in and get it refurbished.

: Thanks,

About $75?

Re: Aria acoustic guitar Model 940

: I purchased this guitar recently, but was a model of the years 70/75. Unfortunately I've not ound any information of this model in internet.

Nobody knows something abt it ???

Hope to hear somebody soon !

Ciao
Nash

Aria Model #9410?

: My Mom purchased this guitar new in 1974 and was wondering the value of it now. It has the model #9410 but the serial number is blank?

Re: Ariana classical guitar Model #A586

: I purchased this guitar new in 1968 and was wondering the value of it now. It has a serial model 570#00444.

I read this on and wondered if you found anything on your 570? I have a model A586 ariana I have had since early 60's and would like to know value?
Jerald

Ariana classical guitar

I have a model 586 with a ser# 441 and it's still a nice guitar but I don't have any idea what's it's value.

Re: Ariana classical guitar Model #A570

I'm still looking for information on the approximate age & value of my Ariana A570. I sent a request to Aria a while back, but they never responded.

: I'm still looking for information on the approximate age & value of my Ariana A570. I sent a request to Aria a while back, but they never responded.

I would like to know this as well as I have exactly the same guitar.
Thanks

: : I'm still looking for information on the approximate age & value of my Ariana A570. I sent a request to Aria a while back, but they never responded.

: I would like to know this as well as I have exactly the same guitar.
: Thanks

hey same problem here on my A570, no info at all...

Re: Aria (Ariana) Classical guitar Model A570

I bought this guitar +/- 40 years ago. It is in mint condition, has inlaid wood around sound hole, has no serial number, and sounds better than my Yahama C70. Would you have any informtion on the A570 (when & where made, approximate value)??

Re: Aria classical guitar Model #A552

very good

Re: Aria classical guitar Model #A551

I have a Aria A551-B for sale sn. 11412

i just purchased an Aria # A552 from an old lady here in montreal who has purchased it herself new in the early 70's. she sold it to me for 190 $ (thats Canadian dollars). The serial number is 32572.
i love the sound of it and will sure keep it for as long as it will hold

I have one also, serial number 00602 which I purchased new in 1967 in New York City. No one seems to know its value, but it sure sounds sweet and has been a best friend. Mine also has a number in the body where the neck joins inside. Probably not significant.

Re: Aria classical guitar Model #A552 model#A-554

: I have one also, serial number 00602 which I purchased new in 1967 in New York City. No one seems to know its value, but it sure sounds sweet and has been a best friend. Mine also has a number in the body where the neck joins inside. Probably not significant.
AS I STATED I HAVE JUST PURCHASED AN ARIA A-554 CLASSICAL GUITAR,THE SERIAL # IS BELOW 50,AND THERE IS ALSO A # ON THE BODY WHERE THE NECK JOINS.I AM HAVING GREAT DIFFICULTY FINDING INFO ON THIS FINE PLAYING,AND RICH SOUNDING GUITAR,I LOVE IT ALREADY.ANYONE WITH INFO ON THIS PLEASE CONTACT ME.
THANK YOU
D.

Aria A548 !

Hi, i want to sell an old Aria Classic guitar, but i dont know the prize of it, to how much could i sell for? The model number is A 548 serial No: 298 Made In Japan...you can see it by the link below..thank you...http://www.sahibinden.com/orijinal_japon_aria_klasik_kilif_la_bella_tel-36WQQaXQQ11627587WQQpXQQdisplayitem

Re: Aria A548 !

: Hi, i want to sell an old Aria Classic guitar, but i dont know the prize of it, to how much could i sell for? The model number is A 548 serial No: 298 Made In Japan...you can see it by the link below..thank you...http://www.sahibinden.com/orijinal_japon_aria_klasik_kilif_la_bella_tel-36WQQaXQQ11627587WQQpXQQdisplayitem

Hey! Let me know if you find out what it is worth, i have one too, mine just has a serial number of 54 :)

Re: Aria A548 !

Merhaba Selman,

Ben Gurkan ODTU hazirliktan.
Eger sen Bizim Selman isen bana
gary@motivation.co.za ya bir email cekermisin.
Seneler once boyle bir gitar almisti annen sana hatirladigim kadariyla.
Karar vermistik 20 sene sonra birbirimizi arayalim diye ben seni buldummu acaba?
Bir resmini de gonder bu arada!
Sevgiler

Aria 552 classical

I own old Aria A-554 and 557 models, circa 1971. Check the Aria guitars website, but there may not be much info available there.
These guitars were part of Shiro Arai's period of Japanese classical guitar copies of well-known Spanish classical guitars. Aria certainly gave the Spaniard guitar market a run for it's money in the 70's. Quality of the Arias is usually good. Sound-wise is a different story. I also own ramirez, fleta, sanchis, and baarslag concert guitars- the Japanese copies are not in the same category. By comparison, they can be bass-heavy, w/ tinny trebles. I've heard smoother trebles in some Hirade (Takamine) classicals, but these were more recent-made instruments. Generally you can get used Japanese classical guitars in Japan for between $200-300 USD. Like me, keep your Aria classical as a nice period piece.

Re: Aria 552 classical A554 ARIA

: I own old Aria A-554 and 557 models, circa 1971. Check the Aria guitars website, but there may not be much info available there.
: These guitars were part of Shiro Arai's period of Japanese classical guitar copies of well-known Spanish classical guitars. Aria certainly gave the Spaniard guitar market a run for it's money in the 70's. Quality of the Arias is usually good. Sound-wise is a different story. I also own ramirez, fleta, sanchis, and baarslag concert guitars- the Japanese copies are not in the same category. By comparison, they can be bass-heavy, w/ tinny trebles. I've heard smoother trebles in some Hirade (Takamine) classicals, but these were more recent-made instruments. Generally you can get used Japanese classical guitars in Japan for between $200-300 USD. Like me, keep your Aria classical as a nice period piece.
I have just purchased an Aria A-554,COULD YOU E-MAIL ME AS IT SEEMS YOU HAVE INFORMATION ON ARIA'S AND I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
THANK YOU
DENNIS

Related Instruments:
See this report if you are thinking about buying a Classical Guitar

Aria A549

I own an Aria A549 & A554. Can't find any info on these. The A549 looks like it could be Cherry back & sides by its beautiful wood grain. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Re: Aria 552 classical A554 ARIA

: I own old Aria A-554 and 557 models, circa 1971. Check the Aria guitars website, but there may not be much info available there.
: These guitars were part of Shiro Arai's period of Japanese classical guitar copies of well-known Spanish classical guitars. Aria certainly gave the Spaniard guitar market a run for it's money in the 70's. Quality of the Arias is usually good. Sound-wise is a different story. I also own ramirez, fleta, sanchis, and baarslag concert guitars- the Japanese copies are not in the same category. By comparison, they can be bass-heavy, w/ tinny trebles. I've heard smoother trebles in some Hirade (Takamine) classicals, but these were more recent-made instruments. Generally you can get used Japanese classical guitars in Japan for between $200-300 USD. Like me, keep your Aria classical as a nice period piece.

: I purchased this guitar new in 1968 and was wondering the value of it now. It has a serial #00444.

i have one too i dont know much about it.

Re: Aria classical guitar Model #A551

: :I have an Aria Model #A551 was wondering the value of it now. It has a serial #01821.
I dont know much about it, but my uncle gave it to me in the early 70s.

Re: Aria classical guitar Model #A552: photo and information

Here is information link to Aria 552: http://www.matsumoku.org/models/a-ap2_acou/class/aria_classical_b_pg4.jpg.html
cedar top: obancle-mahogany back, rosewood finger board on nata mahogany neck. No indication re. when last manufactured.
As to it's value: in the ear of the beholder. The construction is solid, like Takamine; upper frets are not haute gamme but (re earlier comment) not 'tinny'. A bright, Bach-friendly sound.

Re: Aria classical guitar Model #A552: photo and information

do you have any information on the #A558?

Very few of these excellent sounding Aria A552 Classical
Guitars ever come around these days. If you get your hands on one for under $600 U.S., you'll have a real bargain on your hands. The ones made in the late 1960's are highly sought out by Japanese guitar collectors, because they were produced for export only. Imagine working in the Aria on these excellent guitars and not being able to purchase one!
Everytime I see one of these A552 Classical guitars for sale on online auctions, the price seems to go through the roof. I have had mine since Christmas 1969, and my serial number is 2247. I will never sell mine, it's been my favorite guitar for nearly 40 years. They really stand the test of time. I've only met one other person in my life with one of these A552's and he was keeping his too!

Hi:
I just came across this thread and was wondering if anyone has info on my peculiar situation. Most people's guitars seem to have multiple numbered serial numbers. Mine just says 7. The date stamp seems to say 54.8.11. But that can't be right, if they were made starting 1957. Must be 64.8.11.
It needs some work (action is too low). Any information on where to get a new saddle?

Bruce

Mine (A552) has number 13

Mine (A552) has number 13 and It is form 54/10/23 so 23 october 1954... Yours has Been made in august. It seems right (aria started in 1954 ?)

I bought in a small guitar shop in Boston mentioned guitar 'cause a lot a rumors where going onto this Aria and specialy the 552 model. Paid U$ 845 for it. Lot of money! So I compare the Aria with very expensive classical guitars from famous Spanisch builders. What I can say: If you can catch one of these classical guitar wonders for approx U$ 1000 do it!

: Very few of these excellent sounding Aria A552 Classical
: Guitars ever come around these days. If you get your hands on one for under $600 U.S., you'll have a real bargain on your hands. The ones made in the late 1960's are highly sought out by Japanese guitar collectors, because they were produced for export only. Imagine working in the Aria on these excellent guitars and not being able to purchase one!
: Everytime I see one of these A552 Classical guitars for sale on online auctions, the price seems to go through the roof. I have had mine since Christmas 1969, and my serial number is 2247. I will never sell mine, it's been my favorite guitar for nearly 40 years. They really stand the test of time. I've only met one other person in my life with one of these A552's and he was keeping his too!

I have an Aria serial #01600. I have had this guitar since 1968 and was born who knows how long before me. It is indeed the one made in Japan. Does anyone have an idea of the value of this model and serial #?

: Guitars ever come around these days. If you get your hands on one for under $600 U.S., you'll have a real bargain on your hands. The ones made in the late 1960's are highly sought out by Japanese guitar collectors, because they were produced for export only. Imagine working in the Aria on these excellent guitars and not being able to purchase one!
: Everytime I see one of these A552 Classical guitars for sale on online auctions, the price seems to go through the roof. I have had mine since Christmas 1969, and my serial number is 2247. I will never sell mine, it's been my favorite guitar for nearly 40 years. They really stand the test of time. I've only met one other person in my life with one of these A552's and he was keeping his too!

: : Very few of these excellent sounding Aria A552 Classical
: : Guitars ever come around these days. If you get your hands on one for under $600 U.S., you'll have a real bargain on your hands. The ones made in the late 1960's are highly sought out by Japanese guitar collectors, because they were produced for export only. Imagine working in the Aria on these excellent guitars and not being able to purchase one!
: : Everytime I see one of these A552 Classical guitars for sale on online auctions, the price seems to go through the roof. I have had mine since Christmas 1969, and my serial number is 2247. I will never sell mine, it's been my favorite guitar for nearly 40 years. They really stand the test of time. I've only met one other person in my life with one of these A552's and he was keeping his too!
: : My experience with Aria is very similar, but with a student guitar. I have a C-90, vintage 1969 or 1970, serial number 0116, made in Japan. I have had it for these 40 years and it plays beautifully. It is the only guitar I would never sell, out of the 2 dozen or so guitars of all types that I have owned through the years.

Hi,
I have also one, she is soundig wonderful, I have never seen a classic guitar sounds so good !!!!!!

Aria A552

I do also have an Aria A552 that was given to me as a present but it's serial number is from 5 numbers wich are 67756 and it was bought from Verona long ago. I wonder if this is a real one ?

I have an Aria Model HF A588. It's a six string classical acoustic. If I could find the serial number would anyone know how much it's worth?

Thanks,

Charlie

Very few of these excellent sounding Aria A552 Classical

Aria A-552 classical guitar.

My wife found this at a consignment store, with an excellent case, missing three strings. There were still someone's beginners guitar lessons in the case.
The inside label gave me the idea that this is not a normal guitar.

I have not been able to find pictures of this to verify what I have.

It plays beautifully and sounds nicely rounded and full. If it is as old as I believe, it should.

BTW, it is pristine.

There are a few numbers stencilled on the strut in front of the sound hole.

Aria Guitar

Model HPA 588 serial # 455
Value?

ARIA

I have the following classical guitar,
Aria CLASSICAL MADE IN JAPAN MODEL 558 SERIAL NUMBER 00659
Have any way to get information about this old darling.
Someone has a name plate on it 1974
It looks like a CEDAR TOP
INDIAN ROSEWOOD BACK AND SIDES.
Thanks for some specs,
Harlan

: I have an Aria Model A552. It's a six string classical acoustic. tThe serial number is 00422 if anyone know how much it's worth please send me an Email

: Thanks,

: Gabriel

: : Guitars ever come around these days. If you get your hands on one for under $600 U.S., you'll have a real bargain on your hands. The ones made in the late 1960's are highly sought out by Japanese guitar collectors, because they were produced for export only. Imagine working in the Aria on these excellent guitars and not being able to purchase one!
: : Everytime I see one of these A552 Classical guitars for sale on online auctions, the price seems to go through the roof. I have had mine since Christmas 1969, and my serial number is 2247. I will never sell mine, it's been my favorite guitar for nearly 40 years. They really stand the test of time. I've only met one other person in my life with one of these A552's and he was keeping his too!

Araia Model A552

I have an ARIA model A552 serial number 01501 does anyone know when this was made and what it is worth?

ARIA A552

I have an ARIA A552 serial number 01501 does anyone know when this was made and what it is worth??

Aria A552

I have an Aria Classical guitar Model A552, Serial number 606. If anyone knows how much it is worth, or where I can find that info please email me at krazykhris@hotmail.com

Thanks

Aria classical guitar model #A552

I have an Aria classical guitar model #A552 as well which I purchased in March 1968--I have the sales slip--and have kept it in a hard core case which I purchased with it. It's serial number is 00444.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.