Artist LTD Model 50

Posted by drj on Sat, 03/19/05 - 09:24:50.

Today I picked up an acoustic guitar...Can anyone tell me anything about it...plays nice, nylon strings. the inside tage says : Artist LTD..Handcrafted in Japan...By R.B.Nippon, Inc...Model # 50...Serial # 70110046...any information would be very much appreciated
thanks DrJ

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Artist LTD Model 50

I realize your post was a while back, but if you're still interested:
Yeah, I've got one of these also, and have encountered a lot of difficulty in figuring out anything about it. I thought maybe Yamaha might've had something to with it (they sell a line of "Nippon-Gakkai" classical guitars), but according to their web-help guy, that ain't the case. I've had this one for years, and I'm guessing that it was made in the 70s or earlier. What I CAN tell you is that this is a suprisingly high-quality instrument; The cheap-looking, plain-jane plastic tuners (on mine anyway) are kinda misleading, and even so, they're perfectly serviceable. I dug out the dental mirror, double and triple-checked, and was astounded to find that this guitar has a solid cedar top, rather than plywood. Traditional Torres-Hauser (not Flamenco) bracing inside. The rosewood back and sides are quite attractive, and the rosette and purfling are pretty tasteful...artfully done, if subdued. I wish the fretboard were ebony instead of rosewood, but still, the action is very nice. Hey, it's no Ramirez, but neither is it a Walmart starter guitar from Korea. Very playable, warm voice...tonal differences in these guitars can be very subtle over a ridiculously wide price-range, but this instrument, in my opinion, is certainly comparable to, say, a $700.00 Alvarez. In other words, a really decent starter instrument, or a great knockaround for the serious guitarist (I toted mine to the Dominican republic a few years ago, instead of the $1,400.00 Takamine). ope you enjoy yours. -bj

: Today I picked up an acoustic guitar...Can anyone tell me anything about it...plays nice, nylon strings. the inside tage says : Artist LTD..Handcrafted in Japan...By R.B.Nippon, Inc...Model # 50...Serial # 70110046...any information would be very much appreciated
: thanks DrJ

QZY2B

marketplace this afternoon we shall start with something reviewed against Diane, Pursued by financial finish hailing
dior scarves shop online http://www.juvesoraclubdoc.it/scarf10.asp?id=dior-scarves-shop-online.html

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.