Artist LTD Model 50

Posted by drj on Sat, 03/19/05 - 09:24:50.

Today I picked up an acoustic guitar...Can anyone tell me anything about it...plays nice, nylon strings. the inside tage says : Artist LTD..Handcrafted in Japan...By R.B.Nippon, Inc...Model # 50...Serial # 70110046...any information would be very much appreciated
thanks DrJ

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Artist LTD Model 96F

I have a 96F Model acoustic/flattop that I received as a Christmas gift from my parents in the early 70's (71 - 72). I was told that it cost around $100 new at the time. I can not find any info about these instruments anywhere. I would think that if they are so rare they would have some value to them!

Re: Artist LTD Model 50

I realize your post was a while back, but if you're still interested:
Yeah, I've got one of these also, and have encountered a lot of difficulty in figuring out anything about it. I thought maybe Yamaha might've had something to with it (they sell a line of "Nippon-Gakkai" classical guitars), but according to their web-help guy, that ain't the case. I've had this one for years, and I'm guessing that it was made in the 70s or earlier. What I CAN tell you is that this is a suprisingly high-quality instrument; The cheap-looking, plain-jane plastic tuners (on mine anyway) are kinda misleading, and even so, they're perfectly serviceable. I dug out the dental mirror, double and triple-checked, and was astounded to find that this guitar has a solid cedar top, rather than plywood. Traditional Torres-Hauser (not Flamenco) bracing inside. The rosewood back and sides are quite attractive, and the rosette and purfling are pretty tasteful...artfully done, if subdued. I wish the fretboard were ebony instead of rosewood, but still, the action is very nice. Hey, it's no Ramirez, but neither is it a Walmart starter guitar from Korea. Very playable, warm voice...tonal differences in these guitars can be very subtle over a ridiculously wide price-range, but this instrument, in my opinion, is certainly comparable to, say, a $700.00 Alvarez. In other words, a really decent starter instrument, or a great knockaround for the serious guitarist (I toted mine to the Dominican republic a few years ago, instead of the $1,400.00 Takamine). ope you enjoy yours. -bj

: Today I picked up an acoustic guitar...Can anyone tell me anything about it...plays nice, nylon strings. the inside tage says : Artist LTD..Handcrafted in Japan...By R.B.Nippon, Inc...Model # 50...Serial # 70110046...any information would be very much appreciated
: thanks DrJ

QZY2B

marketplace this afternoon we shall start with something reviewed against Diane, Pursued by financial finish hailing
dior scarves shop online http://www.juvesoraclubdoc.it/scarf10.asp?id=dior-scarves-shop-online.html

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.