Tamura P30 Guitar 1970

Posted by Teo on Sun, 01/23/05 - 19:53:34.

I purchased not too long ago a Tamura P30 from a professor of mine and don't know much about it. I'm just curious if anyone can give me information about that specific model or line or maker. It's a little hard to read, but I believe it's a 1970 and was told it's Brazilian rosewood. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Guitarra Tamura

I have a 1969 P-80. I've had it since it was new. It's the only classical guitar I've ever owned.

1969 Tamura P-80

I have the identical guitar. Any idea of its value in $ on the used market? Thanks!

guitarra tamura for sale

I have a1970. P-30, signed tamura classical in MINT condition (as close as it gets to NEW). The original owner passed away and this guitar was given to me. Asking $$??

Re: Tamura P30 Guitar 1970

The P30 is Indian Rosewood & laminated. I have a 1969 H. Tamura signed & another luthier looked at it and confirmed the wood and laminate..If you look inside the guitar you may be able to see the grain is different than the back, also the back is 2 pieces and the inside laminate looks like it is 4 pieces. http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/image/106807780 has a pix of the Tamura. (Which is for sale to serious buyers...I do not have the reach in my hands and am muting the high e string trying to play a g chord...so needed a super narrow necked guitar. It has been sitting in it's case for several years, in very good condition) I can be contacted at the Pbase site.

: I purchased not too long ago a Tamura P30 from a professor of mine and don't know much about it. I'm just curious if anyone can give me information about that specific model or line or maker. It's a little hard to read, but I believe it's a 1970 and was told it's Brazilian rosewood. Thanks in advance for your help!

I have the same model P30 1970. It was sold by Jose Oribe's workshop in CA. I've owned it for abou 35 yrs. It has solid Rosewood sides and back. Beautiful instrument and sounds even better.

: I purchased not too long ago a Tamura P30 from a professor of mine and don't know much about it. I'm just curious if anyone can give me information about that specific model or line or maker. It's a little hard to read, but I believe it's a 1970 and was told it's Brazilian rosewood. Thanks in advance for your help!

The p30 may not be braz rosewood. It's most likely a laminate guitar. What did you pay?

I only paid $100 dollars for it--it was essentially a gift, though.

wow, what condition is it in? because they usually go for a couple grand.

I have the same guitar, given to me as a gift in 1971. Going to sell it but having trouble finding much info on pricing. Any help? It's in very good condition and is signed by H Tamura.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.