morris tornado

Posted by chase on Thu, 01/22/04 - 19:50:25.
In Reply to Guitar Explosion

I came across my dad's 12 string elec-acoustic morris tornado gxx-12. I just wanted to know if anyone had any info about, the quality and value of the guitar. (I'm not wishing to sell as it is my father's). I was just having trouble locating info on it. e-mail me for pics of the guitar. Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Morris tornado

my wife was vacationing in Spain with her mom and sister and picked up a Morris tornado 6string acoustic electric guitar as a present for me back in the states. It has a label inside that states it was produced under license by Kaman Music Corp. It looks very much like their Ovation model. The label also says its a model AZJ and was made in Japan by Morris Musical Instruments. My wife purchased it for somewhere between 350-400$ to the best of her recollection in the late 1980 s. I think it's a very nice guitar . It looks great ,is easy to play and sounds great in either electric or acoustic mode. I also have always been impressed with the craftsmanship with which it was made. The neck is perfectly straight, the finish is excellent and every thing about it makes it appear to be a much more expensive guitar. I write and record my own music and have used in on several albums and it sounds great on recordings. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar story . In closing , if anyone knows monetary value of this model would be interested to hear from you or if you own one and would like to share your thoughts on the subject. Thanks for reading this A.

Re: morris tornado

Sure my friend.
I own one myself.
Definitely e-mail me on gdi44458@bigpond.net.au
Yes there is very little infomation on it.
I know wht they were worth when they first came out twenty years agoish...
write soon
Gary

Hello, I have just bought a MORRIS Tornado XX-12 acoustic guitar with original hard case. Also has 81108 marked on the neck. I cant seem to find any information on them at all. If you have any info it woould be very appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Mick.

Morris Tornado

Hi There,

I seem to have your guitar - bought it from Fretco in Adelaide about 12 months ago. Has 81108 on the neck!

Lovely instrument.

Cheers,
Nick

morris 12 string tornado

hi i see you are in adelaide, so am i, looking at buying a morris 12 string guitar, can i ask how much you paid or what they are worth
fergi

Morris Tornado XX-12

Hi
I have the same guitar - bought for about $900 (australian) back in 1980's (might have been 1986)
the serial number on the back is 190218 - had it refretted about 5 years ago. Great guitar and much loved !
SimonG

: I came across my dad's 12 string elec-acoustic morris tornado gxx-12. I just wanted to know if anyone had any info about, the quality and value of the guitar. (I'm not wishing to sell as it is my father's). I was just having trouble locating info on it. e-mail me for pics of the guitar. Thanks

:I have a Morris Tornado GX. If anyone is interested in purchasing it, pls let me know.

:: - I have a Morris Tornado Eclipse Z3 - semi acoustic G - ANYONE GOT ANY INFO ONE THIS LITTLE BEAUTY ??

Thanks
Ken Liverpool UK

: : I bought this model in 1984 for $AUS800
(which was a lot of money in those days); the guitar is beauitfully made and is similar to an Ovation. Not sure how much it would be worth today and I am interested to find out more about the brand as well.

: : I came across my dad's 12 string elec-acoustic morris tornado gxx-12. I just wanted to know if anyone had any info about, the quality and value of the guitar. (I'm not wishing to sell as it is my father's). I was just having trouble locating info on it. e-mail me for pics of the guitar. Thanks

I have a Tornado Morris Z2 electro - acoustic.. mint condish.. i think if im right this is from the 80's/90's any ideas on its worth?

Here is an Auction site I found for the value issue:
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r57999418
as for information on the company it is a Japanese company that apparently stopped doing business outside of Japan in the 1980s. Here is there homepage:
www.morrisguitars.com

: I bought this model in 1984 for $AUS800 (which was a lot of money in those days); the guitar is beauitfully made and is similar to an Ovation. Not sure how much it would be worth today and I am interested to find out more about the brand as well.

: I came across my dad's 12 string elec-acoustic morris tornado gxx-12. I just wanted to know if anyone had any info about, the quality and value of the guitar. (I'm not wishing to sell as it is my father's). I was just having trouble locating info on it. e-mail me for pics of the guitar. Thanks

: I bought this model in 1984 for $AUS800 (which was a lot of money in those days); the guitar is beauitfully made and is similar to an Ovation. Not sure how much it would be worth today and I am interested to find out more about the brand as well.

:

I also have a Morris GXX-12 which I bought in 1984 for about $AUS800 which was a tidy sum in those days. It is a very well-made Ovation-style guitar. Not sure what it's value would be nowadays.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.