Morris W -25

Advertisement
Posted by amyk on Sun, 09/11/05 - 00:29:43.
In Reply to Guitar Explosion

I just bought a morris guitar model w 25 and I cant find anything out about this guitar!? It was made by terada gakki in nagoya japan. Its a six string acoustic and is in good shape. The original receipt says it is a Morris Folk Guitar. Does anybody have any information on this guitar? I'd really like to find out approxmately what its worth or even when it was made!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Morris Guitars

These 70s japanese guitars are worth scouting out for. They go for a song still..The Morris range ar flawless copies of Martrin dreadnoughts and named after their prices ..A Morris W100 [ if u can even find one ] was selling for 100,000 yen in the mid 1970s.. [ a 100,000 yen today is @ 1000USD$ ] so back in the 70s this is like a 5-6k guitar today. Ive found a Morris W40 [ 40,000 yen or 500USD$ in mid 70s} selling today for 300USD$... So ask yourself,.. would u rather pay 7k for a 70s Martin or 300$ for an equivalent guitar made in sitka spruce and brazilian rosewood..???

Re: Morris W -25

:I found one at a garage sale...model T-18 (copy of martin 000-18)
it is beautiful.....probably 20 years old (or more) very rich and full sound, great playability....I can't believe how much it is like a real martin........now for the best part......paid 20 bucks for it!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.