Re: Arbor Electric guitar "flying v"

Posted by tommy on Tue, 10/21/03 - 17:12:56.

i too have an arbor flying v. i bought it at a guitar shop for 140. it was in well condition n it sounded awesome, although i did make some slight ajustments to the factory neck settings and the tuners. i heard these guitars were manufactured in the early 80s n only a few were produced, so i if u have one keep it!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Arbor Electric guitar

: i too have an arbor flying v. i bought it at a guitar shop for 140. it was in well condition n it sounded awesome, although i did make some slight ajustments to the factory neck settings and the tuners. i heard these guitars were manufactured in the early 80s n only a few were produced, so i if u have one keep it!

email me if ur interested in selling it... I am looking to add this to my bass collection tbone69@rcn.com

: i too have an arbor flying v. i bought it at a guitar shop for 140. it was in well condition n it sounded awesome, although i did make some slight ajustments to the factory neck settings and the tuners. i heard these guitars were manufactured in the early 80s n only a few were produced, so i if u have one keep it!

email me if ur interested in selling it... I am looking to add this to my bass collection

i also have this guitar, just is that i need to restor it because the paint and the pickup where all banged up. i would like more info on this guitar.

I also have a arbor flying V I would like more info on this guitar

: i have a flying v made by arbor its white black pinstrips just like randy rhoads has i was told back in early 80 that arbor tryed to copy randy rhodes and only 10 were made if so i have one i too have an arbor flying v. i bought it at a guitar shop for 140. it was in well condition n it sounded awesome, although i did make some slight ajustments to the factory neck settings and the tuners. i heard these guitars were manufactured in the early 80s n only a few were produced, so i if u have one keep it!

arbor flying v

Hi i have one too !!!!
Mine is almost mint ..
And sounds grate i love it ....

Piranha 502 mine was black with creme stripping

just got the info9name) off a cat. listed online. was wondering if it was 1983,4,5? but info narrows it down to 1984, Sold it early 1990 in saint peters Missouri?

Flying V

Bad spelling day I meant to say blue oyster cult on my other post no disrespect for that band sorry

meee toooo

I also have one of these and would love to see everyones photos.

It's amazing. neck thru. super low action. kahler tremelo. emg81 in the bridge and a dimarzio in the neck. WOW!

Flying V

Wow I have one of those guitars too I was told only ten were ever made friend of mine sold it to me he was in a band at the time getting ready to open for blue oyster ugly he was heading to Europe

Arbor RR guitar

Hi, I just found a guitar just like you guys are talking about. I started cleaning it up. Going to change the junk pots
that are in it. It had a Dimarzio in the neck and I had a Gibson LP pickup for the bottom. It has the brass nut with locks &
set neck. Couple cracks in the paint both sides of the neck but its tight. I have to repair a chip in the head stock and there's
a hole drilled through the body between the pick ups ????? It also has a Kahler tremelo. I don't see a place to add a picture?
Anyone found out anything more about these guitars?
Thanks Tony

Pics

Tony if you're still around or anyone else I can send pics and you can send yours send me an email to slyrfn1986@gmail.com and we can get in touch

Arbor V

My dad bought one in 81 when he was 16 at a yard sale for 100 bucks witha fender amp its black with the white pinstripes
he did a little modding himself in his youth i watched him play since i was 3 and i wanted that guitar since. He handed it over to me at 18 and im now 25 i love this thing and will be buried with it he changed out the tremelo with an 82ish kahler flyer which seriously never loses tune and wails. well when he gave it to me it had some rust and such i changed out the pots got lucky and found another flyer on ebay for $75 and replaced the old with a that one which was black and replaced the knobs over explorer black speed knobs basically everything else is stock an what him/I have changed can you guys load pics or email them to me i want to see them as I havent seen any others except once on ebay when i was around 17 and it was nothing but the wood and no hardware and i missed the bid by a few dollars lol...I did email Arbor to find any info on them btw mine has a sort of lightning bolt headstock instead of the puck or traditional style....I also have a sticker on the back G502 thats about it

arbor flying v

I have a red and black one I bought in 1985.Needs new frets(now) but plan to get that fixed and enjoy it another 25 years or more.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.