yamaha image deluxe special

Advertisement
Posted by Billy Nikolopoulpos on Mon, 03/04/02 - 09:24:32.
In Reply to Yamaha

I would like to have some information about a guitar model : yamaha "image deluxe special". I payed $750 for it some five years ago and since then I 've never seen another.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: yamaha image deluxe special

I had the impression that any of the Image series that had MSG in the name were just the models for the UK market.They were the same as the other models sent overseas. I have a Image Custom with the H.I.P.S pickup system. Love it to death. I am missing a tremelo arm though. I got it 2nd hand from a hock shop regards Jon (Brisbane Australia)

Just fyi...I also have an "Image Deluxe" serial is PJ 240091 bought new here in Canada around 1992 for $1695 CDN. Had never seen one before that time and was looking for something that sounded and played great. That was the one. I have never seen or heard of another one like this in my Canadian travels. Although I originally bought the "standard " from the same store for $1495. It fell over one day and broke it's neck:) My insurance company covered it for a $200 deductible and tried to replace it and the only place they could find another was at the same store I had bought mine a year earlier...so they are quite rare out this way. Every guitarist I have met has admired and played it and said the same thing...that it plays and sounds very good with a really mellow rich tone. Two years ago I changed the closest pickup to a Lace sensor to get it to sound a little dirtier when I was recording a CD with some blues type licks. I think I'll change it back to the original Yamaha's Humbucker for that sweeter tone soon. Enjoy yours! I sure do mine!

ecanada

: I would like to have some information about a guitar model : yamaha "image deluxe special". I payed $750 for it some five years ago and since then I 've never seen another.
Hi
I would like to buy the MSG should you ever sell it. I live 4 miles from Martyn booth and I have been searching for an MSG for years
thanks
Duncan

: I would like to have some information about a guitar model : yamaha "image deluxe special". I payed $750 for it some five years ago and since then I 've never seen another.

I have the same guitar... the msg was designed by a highly respected English maker, Martyn Booth. It's a stunning guitar, and very much under rated in my opinion... it was launched during the height of "pointy headstock" fever, and hence wasn't ever a "fashionable" guitar, and was dropped by Yamaha way too early.

Interestingly, if yours does say "image deluxe" on the truss rod cover plate, and not "msg deluxe" this indicates that the guitar did not go through the pre release checks at the factory. (mine also says image deluxe) I have spoken to Martyn Booth and he confirms that this is so. It doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the guitar, but the originals said MSG deluxe, not image.

I hear that Martyn is going to hand make a new super MSG limited edition with a price tag of 2,500 pounds sterling !

You're got a nice guitar... enjoy !! - Tony.

yamaha image deluxe special

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: yamaha image deluxe special

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.