Dan Armstrong sliding pick up

Posted by Clive Gilbert on Mon, 12/03/01 - 03:57:31.

I am the owner of single sliding pick up double cut away timber built Dan Armstrong - does anyone know anything about their history?
Clive Gilbert

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Dan Armstrong sliding pick up

I bought one in 1976 from a guitarist who had recently got it from Clapton. (Jack Bruce had a matching bass). I used it in a pro cabaret act for over 30 years. Always kept in tune and plyed great. I dropped it and the neck cracked near the head. I got it fixed by a professional luthier. Saw one sell on eBay about 2 years ago for around £1000. Would sell this at a good price. Must be very rare these days.

I had one on 1976/7/8 playing in a punk band in Birmingham UK. The neck broke off during the punk festival August 1977.
Great sounding guitar

: I am the owner of one Lucite Clear guitar and i'm looking for one pick up with 12 pole.

: I am the owner of single sliding pick up double cut away timber built Dan Armstrong - does anyone know anything about their history?
: Clive Gilbert

Clive:

I am the owner of a "Timber" Dan Armstrong with a single sliding pickup which I purchased new in 1975 in Sacramento, California. When I purchased it, there were two options in the colors - dark mahogany, which I have, and a "Pumpkin" color. I purchased it for about $750.00 and it came with a huge hard-shell case. I don't think there is much resale value - or at least the stores where I am are do not think much of the guitar. I look forward to hearing from you.

Dick Beranek

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.