maton fyrbyrd anyone?

Posted by aroun on Thu, 04/28/05 - 17:05:17.
In Reply to Maton Guitars

Hellon there,
I have been franticly looking for a maton fyrbyrd guitar and could not find any, does anyone have clues, tips, comments or even a model that one would be willing to part with

Cheers

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Maton Fyrebyrd 12/20 for sale

Hello all,

Maton Fyrebyrd 12/20 12 string electric for sale.
Good condition, pics available.
$1790 - cash on pick up (ie: try/see/play it first before buying) - I'm in Melbourne.

Thanks
Pete
petesmail@y7mail.com

Maton Fyrbyrd 6 string

I am looking for a Maton Fyrbyrd white with red scratch plates if possible. Does anyone have one?
Cheers Graham

Maton FyrByrd

I have a white one with red guard

email me

brissyproducer@gmail.com

Greg

Re: maton fyrbyrd anyone?

Hey guys
Does anyone have a maton fyrbyrd 12/20 12 string they are willing to part with? I'm serious about finding one so if you've got
one your willing to let go let me know! My email is moonwalking.xenite@gmail.com.
Cheers
Joe

I'm looking for a Maton Fyrbyrd - if you have one for sale - I'm very interested. Many thanks. Martin 0419 466 085.

i have a used maton fyrebyrd 12-20 for sale, its # 28 of 120 1965model i think

Do you still have it? I'd love to buy it! I have been looking for a 12 string fyrbyrd for a long time.
Give me a bell - 0413599344

cheers

Joe

could i have a look at the photos?really keen dave.thanks.
talk soon.x

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Maton-Fyrbird-electric-guitar-Model-620_W0QQitemZ220241134310QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33034QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

: Hellon there,
: I have been franticly looking for a maton fyrbyrd guitar and could not find any, does anyone have clues, tips, comments or even a model that one would be willing to part with

: Cheers
try .guitaremporium.com.au they have three

I have one but I'm in the states. Do you know what they're worth?

: : Hellon there,
: : I have been franticly looking for a maton fyrbyrd guitar and could not find any, does anyone have clues, tips, comments or even a model that one would be willing to part with

: : Cheers
: try .guitaremporium.com.au they have three

Fyrbyrd

Would be interested in Fyrbyrd if it for sale, im located in Texas
Cheers
apple_bob@hotmail.com

: Hellon there,
I have a 12 string Maton Firebird for sale. it is number 162 out of 180 made. I have had it for over 30 years. It plays perfectly well as a 12 or 6 string guitar. It is completley original and in good condition and has a Bigsby tremelo. The only reason that I am willing to part with it is because I want to buy a Strat for my son.

: Cheers

David Beardsell

Maton Fyrebyrd 12/20

Hello all,

$1790 - cash on pick up (ie: try/see/play it first before buying) - I'm in Melbourne.

Thanks
Pete
petesmail@y7mail.com

What price you got in mind David? Regards John.

: I have a 12 string Maton Firebird for sale. it is number 162 out of 180 made. I have had it for over 30 years. It plays perfectly well as a 12 or 6 string guitar. It is completley original and in good condition and has a Bigsby tremelo. The only reason that I am willing to part with it is because I want to buy a Strat for my son.

: David Beardsell
Hi David. I had a six string as a teenager. Do you still have it for sale?
Dave waterford32@xtra.co.nz

Hi

I have one too-its no 191, so I dont know about the 180 made-I have the original nunbered tag, perhaps they missed a few numbers.Its a fyrebyrd 1220, yes , with a Bisby tremelo-which I have to say is one of the dumbest ideas you'd ever see on a gutar -I took the spring out after a week , I think.Mine's red/gold, just like you know who's.

Tim

: I have a 12 string Maton Firebird for sale. it is number 162 out of 180 made. I have had it for over 30 years. It plays perfectly well as a 12 or 6 string guitar. It is completley original and in good condition and has a Bigsby tremelo. The only reason that I am willing to part with it is because I want to buy a Strat for my son.

: David Beardsell

Maton Fyrbird

I have a white Maton Fyrbird complete with original case in good working order, unfortunately someone has painted white on white and the paint has reacted causing cracks in the paint, which could be part of it's Mojo.
The number on the guitar at the back of the headstock is J10 so I suspect it is one of the first made.
I am considering selling it but am unsure of what it is worth
Plays great by the way
Cheers
Big Al

FyrByrd

Hey mate,

I am still keen to talk to you about your FyrByrd... Do you still have it...

Please email me on brissyproducer@gmail.com or sms or call me on 041 229 6413...

Cheers

Greg

maton fyrbird

is anyone selling their maton fyrbird?

12 string or otherwise. i'm keen.

-
j

FyrByrd

Hey mate,

I would like to talk to you about it and see some pics.... Email me at brissyproducer@gmail.com... or call or sms on 041 229 6413...

Thanks

Greg

Maton Fyrebyrd 12/20

Hello all,

Thanks
Pete
petesmail@y7mail.com

Hi mte
If you are keen on selling your Fyrbyrd 1220 can you et me know! I've been looking for one for years.
Cheers
Joe

: Hi if you have 191 it was the 91st one made --serial numbers for the 1220 started at 100 with 101 being the first and there was only 120 made not 180-- 80 the first year and 40 the next --I have 108 the 8th one made --serial numbers would have ran to 220
: I have one too-its no 191, so I dont know about the 180 made-I have the original nunbered tag, perhaps they missed a few numbers.Its a fyrebyrd 1220, yes , with a Bisby tremelo-which I have to say is one of the dumbest ideas you'd ever see on a gutar -I took the spring out after a week , I think.Mine's red/gold, just like you know who's.

: Tim

: : : Hellon there,
: : I have a 12 string Maton Firebird for sale. it is number 162 out of 180 made. I have had it for over 30 years. It plays perfectly well as a 12 or 6 string guitar. It is completley original and in good condition and has a Bigsby tremelo. The only reason that I am willing to part with it is because I want to buy a Strat for my son.

: : : Cheers

: : David Beardsell

Maton Fyrebyrd 12/20

Hello all,

Thanks
Pete
petesmail@y7mail.com

Hello, I have a 1960,s elec in white with red scratch plate. Reasonable condition for age. Nothing missing and never been re painted or tampered with. e-mail is rgellately@gorell.com.au

Maton Fyrbyrd 12 String

David! Do you still have that 12 string Fyrbyrd? I have been looking for one for ages and would love to buy it of you if you still have it? Give me a bell - 0413599344
cheers

Joe

Maton Fyrbyrd 12 String

David! Do you still have that 12 string Fyrbyrd? I have been looking for one for ages and would love to buy it of you if you still have it? Give me a bell - 0413599344
cheers

Joe

Maton Fyrebyrd 12/20

Hello all,

Thanks
Pete
petesmail@y7mail.com

Re: Maton Fyrbyrd 12 String

i have a mid 60's solid body 12 string that has sat idle for many years now that i am now prepared to sell.

not in original condition, retro fitted dimarzios,
neck repair in Sydney 1969, sunburst body - like the one currently on the grouse site. original parts aavailable with the exception of the scratchplate which was the subject/victim of 'improvement - change'. Iwas going to get a new custom s/plate and fit 3 seymours - the hb's which split to a p90 or strat type blade but i know that it would still not be used as i did a 12 string conversion on a strat and that fits the bill. enquiries welcome
pkennedy@y7mail.com . all questions answered truthfully.

it sits in the UK and i am flying to the UK in april and can bring back to Perth. in its original case - unfortunately with my name on it.

it does have a serial number on it -reasonably it is 190 ish

Phil Kennedy

Maton

Hi do you have original pickups working or not?

Hi mate
I'd love to see some pics if you've got any. I'm still very keen on getting one. My email is moonwalking.xenite@gmail.com . I to send an email to your address but it wasn't working. Would love to see that fyrbyrd man!
Cheers
Joe

hey mate
have you got any pictures you can send me? what parts on it are un-original? I'd absolutley love to hear back from you on this one! My email is moonwalking.xenite@gmail.com
cheers mate
joe

: i have a mid 60's solid body 12 string that has sat idle for many years now that i am now prepared to sell.

: not in original condition, retro fitted dimarzios,
: neck repair in Sydney 1969, sunburst body - like the one currently on the grouse site. original parts aavailable with the exception of the scratchplate which was the subject/victim of 'improvement - change'. Iwas going to get a new custom s/plate and fit 3 seymours - the hb's which split to a p90 or strat type blade but i know that it would still not be used as i did a 12 string conversion on a strat and that fits the bill. enquiries welcome
: pkennedy@y7mail.com . all questions answered truthfully.

: it sits in the UK and i am flying to the UK in april and can bring back to Perth. in its original case - unfortunately with my name on it.

: it does have a serial number on it -reasonably it is 190 ish

: Phil Kennedy

for inf only ---- i put it on ebay last week and sold it. seemingly me being a tamperer has cost me money as there is one for sale on gumtree starting at 3k australian.

I am Selling a maton fyrbyrd! 12 string email me alcoops101@gmail.com It is a mean guitar to handle and get used to, but so unique and rewarding, cheers coops

: David! Do you still have that 12 string Fyrbyrd? I have been looking for one for ages and would love to buy it of you if you still have it? Give me a bell - 0413599344
: cheers

: Joe

Tim,

I agree with your comments on the bigsby temelo on a 12 string. One tug and every string is out of tune. I Put in a brass piece instead of the spring and it is very stable and plays very well. I like the wide fretboard. It sounds like the Burns 12 string used on several Beatles tracks from the late 60's. It is a good guitar but I don't use it much and need the money to buy a more usable guitar for my son who loves heavy metal.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.