maton f10

Posted by Domenic on Sun, 11/13/05 - 06:10:00.
In Reply to Maton Guitars

I have a Maton f10, I think it was made in 1971. It is in very good condition as it was only used by me as a teenager. Can anyone give me any info about its value? Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Maton

Hi Guys I live in Victoria and I have a Maton f10 from the early 60s, has no serial
Seems like a smaller guitar. Who would be the best person that u guys
Know what to value it. Tom who did your valuation
Cheers
Craig

maton f10

hi people

i have a maton f10 from approximately 1962-1969. i got from my grandma when she died and she gave it to me. my mum and i got valued and the man said in its original condition and its original case mine is worth $15,000 AUD. but i could never sell my maton f10 it produces beautiful sound and it look lovely. so have fun people

TOM AZZOPARDI

RE.Maton f10

I have a 1973 f10 6 sting acoustic model number 5464 (573) made in Victoria Australia
I was wondering what the current market value is for insurance purposes

Maton purchased in 1970's in New Jersey 046

I would like some information about my husband's Maton Bass purchased in 1973 or 74. The bass has a hardwood solid body with black pick guard and metal bridge guard. It has the Maton logo and an embossed "046 made in Australia" on the headstock.

I play a Carvin Bunny Brunel signature 5-string bass. My husband rarely plays bass or guitar anymore.

We had thought of donating his Maton as a back up bass for our church because it still sounds wonderful. But we have so many fond memories attached to the instrument of the both of us playing in our high school garage bands and early worship experiences at church in the 1980's. I've decide to buy another new bass to donate.

The Maton is the bass our #2 son learned on. He now plays a 5 string Schecter. We will likely leave Glenn's Maton to him and my 1977 Yairi. Alvarez acoustic to our oldest son.

Anyone know what Maton Bass we own?

F10 MATON 1969

Hi there,

I recently bought an F10 Maton (1969). It is in very good condition, probably one of the best that I have seen of the ones recently up for grabs. I was just wondering if someone could tell me what the most up to date value would be for my guitar?

Thanks

Dave

F10

hi all, i also have a f10 folk guitar, serial number 4189 (1171) do the number in brackets refer to month and year?

also when i rang the Maton museum they really dont value these F10s quoteing a paltry $120.

am i missing something, this guitar plays and sounds beautifull, its in fair condition and has original case.

can anyone give me a realistic price range?

cheers

Re: maton f10

A Maton F10 has rescently come into my hands for some repare work.Looking at it i would say it was a 62? one of the first, and the fact that it only has three bracing struts is causing it to belly in. The bracing may be different it the later models adding strength, lifespan, and value. However, the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. To get a true value, go to a reputable luthier and ask for a valuation specifically for insurence perpouses. Keep in mind that you WILL have to pay a fee for this, but you will get a certificate of valuation, and a true value on your guitar. You can be guarenteed, however, that if you walk into a shop and ask for a valuation and don't want to pay a thing for it, it will be under valued and they may try to buy it from you at a lower price again. Take my advice. Pay for a valuation. It's worth it in the long run.

: I have a Maton f10, I think it was made in 1971. It is in very good condition as it was only used by me as a teenager. Can anyone give me any info about its value? Thanks

: Hi,
Being a maton F10 paly myself. I understand the joy you when palying the guitar. I have a 1970 F10 that is currently valued at $4500.00AUD. If you still have your 1971 F10 I would hold on to it for another coulpe of years.

price

I have a F10 5131(1272) how do I find out value

hey mate,

I hve 2 maton f10s, I recently had tehm valued. The 1st one is a 69 model in good condition and it is worth somewhere between $400 and $700 australian dollars the other one is a 62 model and is worth between $1300 and $1700. mind you this is one valuers opinion and he did want to buy them so I am maybe thinking he may have undervalued them. But all the same hold on to them if you are a keen player and still play them, they improve like a fine wine.

: hey mate,

: I hve 2 maton f10s, I recently had tehm valued. The 1st one is a 69 model in good condition and it is worth somewhere between $400 and $700 australian dollars the other one is a 62 model and is worth between $1300 and $1700. mind you this is one valuers opinion and he did want to buy them so I am maybe thinking he may have undervalued them. But all the same hold on to them if you are a keen player and still play them, they improve like a fine wine.

I bought my F10 in 1969. It cost $120AUD then which was quite a lot - 3 weeks pay for me! It is quite right that the F10 gets better with age. It is still the best guitar I have in my stable and the one that gives me the most pleasure to play.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.