Re: Teisco Checkmate 50 amp: info wanted

Posted by Louis vorster on Wed, 09/10/03 - 11:06:56.

Hi there Chuck, I have just obtained the same amp as you from a friend, but it is not in working order, i'm currently as we speak actually trying to rebias it, I have no idea where to get the schematics but of I do I will scan it for you and email it to you.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

teisco checkmate 50 schematic please!

Hi, I too have a Teisco Checkmate 50 guitar amp. The guy I bought it from said it worked perfectly and was all original, I had no way to test it since we both drove to meet each to make the sale because we lived very far apart. I bought it only to get home and find out its definitely got some issues. Its not very loud, and the sound is all fuzzy and unclear even at low volumes. The guitar sound still plays when the switch is on stand by, the tremelo goes in and out and takes a minute to fully come on, etc.. Anyways, I would really appreciate it if someone has a schematic they can share with me cause I just took it to a vintage guitar repair guy and he wont touch it without a schematic. If anyone has one can you please email me at tcrecordingstudio@gmail.com

Teisco Checkmate 50 Amp

If you still need a schematic diagram then drop me a note and I'll send you a pdf.

: Hi there Chuck, I have just obtained the same amp as you from a friend, but it is not in working order, i'm currently as we speak actually trying to rebias it, I have no idea where to get the schematics but of I do I will scan it for you and email it to you.

see www.schematicheaven.com
bios is -37 pin 6 on 6L6gc tubes

At www.audiotubes.com you can find all the tubes
for checkmate 50.
If you see from front,from left 1,2,3:12ax7,4:6BQ5,5,6:12ax7,7,8:6L6/kt66.The rectifier tube ? The loudspekers are 12 Inch 8 Ohm
in serial

For all looking for info on the Checkmate 50 it is rated a 100w per channel and originaly had 2- 15" Pioneer speakers, hooked in parallel giving it a 4 ohm impedence,as to a schmatic I do have one contact me by e-mail and see if we can work something out

Checkmate 50 schematic

I saw your old post on this web site. I have a Checkmate 50 and also a schematic, but I don't think the schematic is original. I would like to get another schematic to check against the one I have. My Checkmate has been repaired several times and I'm going through it to restore and upgrade it. Some of the repairs were "Workarounds" by technicians who either couldn't get the right replacement parts, or wanted to experiment with modifications. I'm in the process of replacing all the capacitors and potentiometers at present and will retube it. i'm also looking at upgrading the reverb tank (terrible sounding original tank) and changing the 6AQ8 currently driving the tremolo circuit to a more easily available tube. I hope this address is still current.

John Goins

Checkmate 50 Schematic

Did you find a schematic for this amp? Were you able to replace the reverb tank and tremolo tube? Tx Dave

Teisco Checkmate 50

I found several sources for the 6AQ8/ECC85 tube, so I didn't have to change it, U$D15.00 and up for NOS. The amp was retubed, re-capped and cleaned or replaced all pots and switches and works great. I still haven't replaced the reverb tank, but they're available from lots of sources. If you just Google "Teisco Checkmate 50 schematic" it will show several free websites to download a schematic, but I've never found an original one. It's tone is clean 60's Fender clone.

Checkmate 50

Thanks for the quick reply, I have one other question, is the output impedance 8 ohms? I read the original cab had two 15"s, but some say they were 16 and some 8 ohm, for a total of 8/4 ohms total respectively. I was very happy to find this but just got the head, so I'm looking to buy or build a cab. I was thinking of seing if I could find a long spring reverb tank that was compatible. I am also missing the upper face plate/vent cover, so I'll have to build a repro, don't think I'll find one used. Seems to work and sound pretty nice though...I'm a huge fan of the 6L6 fender sound, just don't like lugging those heavy combos around.

Teisco Checkmate 50

There were different versions of the Checkmate 50, but I believe all were 8 Ohm output. The most common was a separate head with 2 x15" Pioneer 16 Ohm speakers in parallel. bit I have also heard of 2 x 4 Ohm speakers in series. There were also versions with 2 x 12" speakers.

The reverb circuit drives the springs directly from a 12AX7 with no transformer. I tried one larger tank without success because it didn't match the impedance of the original tank. I know you can roughly match the impedances by measuring the DC resistance across the drive and output coils and looking that info up on a cross reference to get a recommended substitute from Accutronics. I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I don't use the reverb much, but it does sound really muddy when I do.

: Hi my dad has a checkmate 50 amp in working order and he was wondering if anyone could tell him what the value of it would be. I'll check with him to see if he has the schematics

Re: Teisco Checkmate 50 amp info

Well, I've just got one, too. I'll draw up a schematic for it, and see what I can 'suss out'. I've seen a site that said this amp used two 15" speakers. If anyone else has found something, let me know. (may take awhile as I'm currently moving). :T

Re: Teisco Checkmate 50 amp info

: Well, I've just got one, too. I'll draw up a schematic for it, and see what I can 'suss out'. I've seen a site that said this amp used two 15" speakers. If anyone else has found something, let me know. (may take awhile as I'm currently moving). :T

Hy, My name's Olivier. I'm From France. I have a checkmate 50 Teisco with shématic électonic. But I don'i speak english

HI!
i{m form venezuela I have a checkmate 50 teisco...but is broken...I need the map or squematics as you said in order to fix it!...anyone can help me????

: HI!
: i{m form venezuela I have a checkmate 50 teisco...but is broken...I need the map or squematics as you said in order to fix it!...anyone can help me????

Hi there, ihave checkmate 50 teisco and need electrical diagram, anybody can halp me?

: : HI!
: : i{m from venezuela I have a checkmate 50 teisco...but is broken...I need the map or squematics as you said in order to fix it!...anyone can help me????

:
: Hi there, ihave checkmate 50 teisco and need electrical diagram, anybody can halp me?

i `ve got a checkmate 100 and need also the schematics, perhabs it is simular to the 50`s model ?
anyone can help

Hi! Bro I'm from Venezuela to... I have a Teisco Checkmate, and I've been looking for its map/Schematics; my be we can work together. Please Contactame Pana!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.