Teisco EP-8T - tremelo bar

Advertisement
Posted by ebubier on Thu, 08/26/04 - 12:15:10.
In Reply to S&L MUSIC GEAR

I just bought what I am pretty sure is a Teisco EP-8. If anyone can verify it for me, that'd be great.
Also if anyone could help me acquire a tremelo bar that, too, would be most appreciated.
To see pictures, check out :
http://www.mindspring.com/~ebubier@mindspring.com/guitars.html

Here are some of it's features:
Slimline hollowbody electric
This guitar is as light as a feather.
2 white and gray marbleized pickguards.
2 single coil pickups (fantasitic sound)
Volume, tone, and 2 pickup controls on lower bout.
Tremelo bar is missing. (help me find one please).
Nameplate is missing (you can see the glue though).
It's red with black outline (sorta sunburst but only red and black)
Tailpiece looks like a "V", not the fancy lyre shaped one.

This is one really cool guitar. Light. Nice acoustic sound. When plugged in it has a dynamite twanginess. It's super clean sounding. With my amp's reverb on this ax just keeps on re-re-re-re-verbing.

Not bad for $75 bucks.
It was so cheap, I'm sure, because it wasn't sold as a Teisco.
It took some research on my part to figure that out once it arrived.

Cheers,
Bruce

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Teisco EP-8T parts

I have the 8T and need some pars to make her sing again.
Tremelo spring and bolt, roller bridge, and head nut.

Please let me know if you have or know where to find.
Thanx

Re: Teisco EP-8T - tremelo bar

hi! I'm form Portugal and I have one (I've owned just yesterday). Well, i've this question?
the 2 control pickups have, each one, 3 positions... can u tell me what for? usually the pickup controls have just 2 (on/off), so i just don't understand...
if u can help me, my e-mail is acmtl@hotmail.com

thanks!!!

:
: Hello, what you have is a Teisco Del-Ray EP-8T. It was produced in the early 60's around 1964 to 68 and sold at that time for about $29.99 to $39.99 You will find that the guitar is very well built and plays easy with a rockabilly type sound, Very very cool guitar. I recently also bought one on ebay and am waiting to receive it. You will enjoy that guitar. Hope this helps, Cheers! Joe....

I currently own a Teisco EP-8T in near mint condition. How much do you think I could get for it if I were to sell it?

: I currently own a Teisco EP-8T in near mint condition. How much do you think I could get for it if I were to sell it?

I have seen them as high as 150.00 so maybe 200.00 tops for an mint condition? I have one I payed 150.00 in almost mint!!!

: : Hey, I've had my guitar ever since I was about 8 or 9. My grandmas neighbor gave it to me before he died because he knew I wanted a guitar. I've done more harm than good to the thing over the years (nothing too severe) and now I want it to play right. I've taken the thing almost completely apart and now I want it to play well. The pickups sound bad and the switches seem to be really loose. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do. I also need a tremelo bar (it's set up for one, must of gotten lost over the years). So, if anybody can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks
:

I too got the EP-8T when i was about 11yrs old in the early 70's. traded a horse for it. got it from a musician boyfriend of my sisters who was making albums with jerry jeff and loggins and messina etc-he wanted the horse and i wanted the guitar--i have kept it for yrs as a keepsake and have lost the whammy bar as well through the years,probably not worth much but i have great memories of playing as a kid through an old radio converted to a guitar amp.

i am currently finishing my 4th cd and have had some regional success and movie track mailbox money

good luck to all

www.murrywoods.com

: : : Hey, I've had my guitar ever since I was about 8 or 9. My grandmas neighbor gave it to me before he died because he knew I wanted a guitar. I've done more harm than good to the thing over the years (nothing too severe) and now I want it to play right. I've taken the thing almost completely apart and now I want it to play well. The pickups sound bad and the switches seem to be really loose. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do. I also need a tremelo bar (it's set up for one, must of gotten lost over the years). So, if anybody can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks
: :

In my post, I listed my guitar as an EP8-1. That is a typo..
It is an EP8-T. I do have the bar and removed it because of
my Boys (youngsters at the time)and have misplaced the screw
I don't want to part with it as I love the guitar. Yours is
the only other EP8-T I have ever heard of. Don't think there
are a lot of them around.....Thanks.....Walt.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.