Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

soundcards

Hi I need information on soundcards. What is a reasonable soundcard for the price for recording guitar tracks? I'm using a Ax2 line6 amp.

Veleno Guitar

I'd love to find the present whereabouts/owner of my Veleno Custom guitar #143 which was sold at a guitar show in Detroit in 1994.

Re: Veleno Guitar

Have you been to www.veleno.com yet? Try page three of the guitar section, and get in touch with Ted Smida through the link. longshot, but who knows... Did you know that John Veleno only has one Veleno guitar in his posessiion, and it's #144?

Re: Veleno Guitar

: Have you been to www.veleno.com yet? Try page three of the guitar section, and get in touch with Ted Smida through the link. longshot, but who knows... Did you know that John Veleno only has one Veleno guitar in his posessiion, and it's #144?

Who knows what?

Kravitz, Hagar, Allman guitar auction going on now!!!

HEY!!! Check out www.buynsellit.com's red, white, and blue charity auction. There are pictures on the front page of guitarsite.com in the news section. The main items up for auction are an autographed Lenny Kravitz guiar along with autographed cd's, an autographed Sammy Hagar guitar, and an autographed Allman Brothers Band guitar. Also there is an autographed rare picture of Sonny and Cher from their teenage years. Each piece comes with a certificate of authenticity from Kidz2k and Beyond, a Miami based organization which Kravitz is on the board of. www.buynsellit.com will give 100% of the profits to Kidz2k and Beyond. So please, help out the kids as well as helping yourselves. At least go check it out at www.buynsellit.com. Thanks, Zach

digitech Rp2000

Could someone help me ?
I just bought a RP2000 . I only have one problem :
I can't find the way to "activate" the V-SWITCH
And i don't find an explanation in the manual .

I edited a new preset with only a whammy and also tried with only a wah . After that i pressed the utility button and selected the sensibility then pressed the store button .
Nothing happened, why ?

Thank you very much

pedal steel chords

can anybody e-mail me some chord configurations for pedal steel guitar?i would really apreciate it thanx.

Re: pedal steel chords

: can anybody e-mail me some chord configurations for pedal steel guitar?i would really apreciate it thanx.

--Have you checked out Brad's page of steel at
" http://www.well.com/user/wellvis/steel.html " ?
He posts a lot of great info and it's a cool site.

How Those Young's From AC/DC DID it!

The guitar tone...
Firstly I did a little research in the past on how the Youngs from AC/DC achieved their sound.
This is what I got....
They used an old Neve desk at Albert's Studio in Sydney (I have had the pleasure of recording
through it in the past). Now when you overload the inputs of those desks, the transistors snarl at you
(distort) in a pleasant way. I was told this is what they did to get their unique sound.
I thought I would put it to the test with my Behrringer desk....it sounded bad...those IC's don't dig
overload...so I got thinking..why don't I slave the preamp from my Marshall JCM 800 into my Solid
State Fender 185 amp and mike that up.
Bingo! there's the sound. The transistors in the Fender snarled cool. No output valves in sight and
only 1 12" Fender speaker in an open back cab miked.
The other thing is the old crappy Shure Uniden (SM57 predecessor). Many an old gutar recording
was made through these things.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1031/1031038.html

1960 Rickenbaker

Any one have an idea what this might be worth? I bought it back in highschool. All original with case. I think its what they call a 360 fireglow (it's red). 3 pickups, 3way switch...thanks

Re: 1960 Rickenbaker

none

nails

Could anyone recommend a product to reinforce or repair nails without rendering them brittle. I've got rather thin nails which quickly break or tear.
Thanks for yr help.

PLEASE Help!

Hi I need schematics for a Boss DD-5 Delay -if someone can help or tell me where to get them it would be a frickien' miracle ! lol Throw me a fricken' bone here - but seriously if anyone knows please help - thankx
Rai
www.SimpLe168.com

Re: PLEASE Help!

I think I recall that Boss customer service faxed a schematic to me at one time.

E book for lead guitarists

Hey Guys check out the e-book for lead guitarists at acetutor.net

Where can i get a good guitar for a cheap price

if you do know where i can get a good guitar for a cheap price please e-mail me at Ryan_jeske@hotmail.com

Re: Where can i get a good guitar for a cheap price

www.carvin.com

Nothing more need be said!

: if you do know where i can get a good guitar for a cheap price please e-mail me at Ryan_jeske@hotmail.com

Musician's Friend has a large selection of guitars for the beginner to the professional - at a good price. Link through Gusboot.

: : if you do know where i can get a good guitar for a cheap price please e-mail me at Ryan_jeske@hotmail.com

: Musician's Friend has a large selection of guitars for the beginner to the professional - at a good price. Link through Gusboot.
www.gusbootmusic.50megs.com

: musicians friend sucks...this guy just wants you to go to thru his site....

musicians friend sucks- warped necks -they r crooks

: : musicians friend sucks musicians friend sucks musicians friend sucks musicians friend sucks musicians friend sucks musicians friend sucks musicians friend sucks
musicians friend sucks- warped necks and crooks

I find it hard to palm mute standing up?

I find it hard to palm mute standing up?

This popular thread has been given its own page : I find it hard to palm mute standing up?

acoustic guitar effects?

Ok, are there any acoustic specific pedals out there...or multi-effect units made specifically for the acoustic guitar- something that will not just enhance the sound but actually have some fun sounds to work with? Also, does anyone know of any effect that will change the tuning of a guitar (for example, open g)? Thats something I could really use as well. Thanks.

Re: acoustic guitar effects?

I use normal delay pedals from electric gear to get some funky sounds. You can pretty much use any electric effects on acoustic it's just a matter of experimenting.

: Ok, are there any acoustic specific pedals out there...or multi-effect units made specifically for the acoustic guitar- something that will not just enhance the sound but actually have some fun sounds to work with? Also, does anyone know of any effect that will change the tuning of a guitar (for example, open g)? Thats something I could really use as well. Thanks.

tuning a 12 string guitar

hi all,
i recently got a 12 string and would love to know how to tune it correctly, any thoughts anyone, or does anyone know of a good site that gives any info about this?
thanks for your help

jon

Re: tuning a 12 string guitar

: hi all,
: i recently got a 12 string and would love to know how to tune it correctly, any thoughts anyone, or does anyone know of a good site that gives any info about this?
: thanks for your help

: jon

You've a few options here, depending on how creative you want to be. Most people would do the following. Top pair - or course, as they're known, to E, the same as the high E on a standard 6 string. Next course both to B, as above. Next course, tune the heavier of the pair to a normal G, with the lighter of the pair to the G, top string 3d fret, so that this pair are an octave apart. Repeat that pattern for the D, A and E pairs. Alternatively, you could tune it to an opening tuning. This is how I play mine these days. Email me if you need to know about that and arte interested. Depending on the gauge of strings you're using, you may want to downtune a tone to make it slightly easier to play. Have fun.

Fender Bullet Amp

The paper says this guy want's to sell his fender bullet amp and fender guitar for 325$ or maybe it was 350$. What do you think. tell me something about the bullet amp if you would.

Guitarsolo.com

I found this site that has some very good fingerstyle acoustic music at GuitarSolo.com by this new age guitarist "Dillon" -- pretty damn good guitarist based on his mp3 soundfiles. I bought his debut CD. I think it is worth checking it out!...Ingrid

Re: Guitarsolo.com

This Dillon guy has some good mp3s of his music -- veery good guitarist! I ordered one also for my brother for X-mas.

Seymour Duncan Invaader

What do you think of the Seymour Duncan Invader and where can I find them Online?

Custom Pick Guards

Where can I find a place that will make a custom pick guard for a classic 50s Strat? All as I want is a white pick guard with a volume knob hole and a pickup hole (the bridge pickup) that will fit a Seymour Duncan Invader Humbucker. I dont need the other crap.

Re: Custom Pick Guards

: Where can I find a place that will make a custom pick guard for a classic 50s Strat? All as I want is a white pick guard with a volume knob hole and a pickup hole (the bridge pickup) that will fit a Seymour Duncan Invader Humbucker. I dont need the other crap.

What you want is the pearloid pickguard from the tom delonge strat. Am I right? Well if so, what you need to do is go to your local music store w/ guitars(ex- melody music), and show them a picture of tom playing his guitar. A really good one, and they will order it for you, but since toms guitar, it will have to be made custom. So it will be around $50 dollars. I need a seymour duncan invader humbucker(1) please email me on how you got yours, and the price. I hope I have been a help to you. Bye.

Visit www.terrapinisland.com for custom pick guard question. If yo have a tracing or actual size drawing of how you want
it layed out they can make it.

I'm having a hard time finding a place on the internet with a selection of Epiphone Special pickguards. I dont want the triangle piece that goes on a LP, but rather some kind of upper piece to go above the pickups. I was looking for a black-white-black layered peice, if you know of any places with that style.

MP3s from TeleMaster Jim Campilongo

Hi GuitarSiters,
Select tracks from Jim's 4 records on Blue Hen are now up on MP3.com. Check 'em out @ http://www.mp3.com/stations/JimCampilongo
Thanks for your support!
Blue Hen

Which is the best sequencing software for guitar based recording

Which is the best sequencing software for guitar based recording with a few drum loops and syths thrown in. I have SB Platinum and Cubasis VST. Is this a good package to start out on? Pro Tools are supposed to be good aren't they?

Re: Which is the best sequencing software for guitar based recording

Note you can download ProTools Lite FREE!!! from www.digidesign.com - it has 8 tracks of audio, 48 tracks of midi and EQ, Compressor, Delay, Modulation, etc.

I have the same Cubasis that came with SBlive platinum but don't use it because it didn't save sounfonts with project files, was bugged and the user interface and company support was poor.

I personally use Cakewalk Homestudio 9 which is beautifully intuitive and stable - unlike the Stienberg stuff. It also has really good newsgroup support - which is invaluable and can support dozens of freeware DirectX plugins (and VST plugins with VST Wrapper). You can control virtual synths through loop backs drivers though CPU overload can be a problem.

The more expensive Cubase lets you use synths as plugins (VST2) though with SBlive the latency is poor.
I have a page about recording at
http://members.tripod.com/acmerock/shush_recording/shush_studio.htm

: Which is the best sequencing software for guitar based recording with a few drum loops and syths thrown in. I have SB Platinum and Cubasis VST. Is this a good package to start out on? Pro Tools are supposed to be good aren't they?

Re: Which is the best sequencing software for guitar based recording

thanks for the digidesign tip. i had the same exact question. Does anybody know of a website or newsgroup devoted to trading/discussing home recordings?

: Note you can download ProTools Lite FREE!!! from www.digidesign.com - it has 8 tracks of audio, 48 tracks of midi and EQ, Compressor, Delay, Modulation, etc.

: I have the same Cubasis that came with SBlive platinum but don't use it because it didn't save sounfonts with project files, was bugged and the user interface and company support was poor.

: I personally use Cakewalk Homestudio 9 which is beautifully intuitive and stable - unlike the Stienberg stuff. It also has really good newsgroup support - which is invaluable and can support dozens of freeware DirectX plugins (and VST plugins with VST Wrapper). You can control virtual synths through loop backs drivers though CPU overload can be a problem.

: The more expensive Cubase lets you use synths as plugins (VST2) though with SBlive the latency is poor.
: I have a page about recording at
: http://members.tripod.com/acmerock/shush_recording/shush_studio.htm

:
: : Which is the best sequencing software for guitar based recording with a few drum loops and syths thrown in. I have SB Platinum and Cubasis VST. Is this a good package to start out on? Pro Tools are supposed to be good aren't they?

music

Jouer de la music en reseau REPONCE

guitar music sheets

guys:
Im searching for jorge morel prelude for olga
and E. grenet ( arr. by leo beouwer ) drume negrita classical guitar music sheets.
I will be enourmeously thankfull to have this partitures copies.

Kay mandolin ("A" body)

Can anyone give me information on a Kay mandolin? Inside is stamped N1 also L1486

Re: Kay mandolin ("A" body)

*** Can anyone give me information on a Kay mandolin? Inside is stamped L2651

: Can anyone give me information on a Kay mandolin? Inside is stamped N1 also L1486........i bought one @ a estate sale.....trying t find info as well,,,,,,e-mail me

: Can anyone give me information on a Kay mandolin? Inside is stamped N1 also L1486

Sorry I'm looking up a Kay Mandolin too. Is your's electric? Not sure what body? If I find out any info on it I'll write you back.

best buy

im thinking about buying a new guitar but cant decide on which one , a gibson les paul standard or a rickenbacker 330
at the minute im just a rhtymn guitarist but sooon hope to step a gear and play lead
has anyone got any sujestion,s
cheers

Re: best buy

depends on what kinda sound youre looking for- the les paul's a big beefy tone, and the ricks more jangly. if youre going for nice lead sounds eventually, I recommend the les paul. (although honestly, if you want a nice mix of beef and jangle, something that switches well between rhythym and lead, look at a strat. just my opinion.) good luck.

gituar cases

looking for a used electric gituar case for my son.

Re: gituar cases

Go to a music store, you can buy a case from them.

Looking for a good yet cheep electric guitar around $50 to $100.

Looking for a good yet cheep electric guitar around $50 to $100.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.