Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – May, 2000

Viewing 211 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Give me a recommendation if that is possible to receive the sports essays paper from the custom writing services, or perhaps that’s better to order free essays online?

Anonymous

That’s nice, but does anyone know where to find tabs like that?

Anonymous

: Anyone out there own a SUZUKI guitar?
      : Is it consider a fair quality guitar to learn on?
      : Please give me some commend. Thanks.

yes – i do
      i have a martin D45 copy – about 30 years old, i had to reglue the bridge on and now it is great
      i also have a gison a series copy mandolin – the finger board has come away from the neck and a luthyer is presnrtly fixing it
      both instrument have solid timbers and considereing they arte 30 yrs old are in great condition and play and look beautiful….

Anonymous

we love music, women, and parties
      : we are cool
      : and we are both hot and talented

Anonymous

: Soundgenerator.com is now activly looking for talented musicians and bands. The A&R dept is currently running a top 10 mp3 chart and are scouting for talent for the future, so if you wish to be involved please regester first and submit via e-mail or the mp3 artist board your material

: we are cool
      : http://www.soundgenerator.com

Anonymous

:I was ripped off by Marcus as many others. I suggest a legal action against him. I hope he will close his fuckin’ business. Please contact me if you want to joint me in this crusade against this piece of shit.

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM AMPHEAVEN!! THEY RIP YOU OFF!!

Anonymous

Great Deals are happening at Uptown Recording Studio! Get 1000s CD’s for 79cents! Call for details! 877-376-CDRS

Anonymous

: I’m looking for free and easy bass tabs on the web.
      : Thanks!

Anonymous

: : I’m looking for free and easy bass tabs on the web. : : Thanks! don’t know how to play at all!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Do you have acting because I’m studying to became an actor a.k.a. move star

love,
      yolanda

p.s thankyou

Anonymous

Do you have acting because I’m studying to became an actor a.k.a. move star

love,
      yolanda

Anonymous

: hi. my name is Tarren and i’m a 17/m/australia. what i would like to know is where i can find a site that has heaps,heaps of different guitar tunnings and how to do them. eg D G C F A D
      : how to get it- tune the 7th fret of the E string to the A string. Retune the rest of the guitar as in normal tunning. etc….
      : i would like to know how to do heaps and heaps of them as i’m a serious guitar player and when i’m listening to cds of mine they all have different tunnings. and when i play i want the sound to match the cd if u know what i mean. so i would like to know if u know a site which has a list of them and how to do it as i have shown above in the example. it would be VERY much appriciated and i would also be very grateful if u can help me out. if not please try and contact me on my email where i could find them. Thanks alot
      : TARREN

guitar.com has a chord generator. you can change the tunnings on it. if you work it right you can figure out some good stuff. but it might not be quit what your lookin for, but who knows.
      mickeys

Anonymous

: : hi. my name is Tarren and i’m a 17/m/australia. what i would like to know is where i can find a site that has heaps,heaps of different guitar tunnings and how to do them. eg D G C F A D : : how to get it- tune the 7th fret of the E string to the A string. Retune the rest of the guitar as in normal tunning. etc…. : : i would like to know how to do heaps and heaps of them as i’m a serious guitar player and when i’m listening to cds of mine they all have different tunnings. and when i play i want the sound to match the cd if u know what i mean. so i would like to know if u know a site which has a list of them and how to do it as i have shown above in the example. it would be VERY much appriciated and i would also be very grateful if u can help me out. if not please try and contact me on my email where i could find them. Thanks alot : : TARREN : : guitar.com has a chord generator. you can change the tunnings on it. if you work it right you can figure out some good stuff. but it might not be quit what your lookin for, but who knows. : mickeys

Anonymous

: : : hi. my name is Tarren and i’m a 17/m/australia. what i would like to know is where i can find a site that has heaps,heaps of different guitar tunnings and how to do them. eg D G C F A D : : : how to get it- tune the 7th fret of the E string to the A string. Retune the rest of the guitar as in normal tunning. etc…. : : : i would like to know how to do heaps and heaps of them as i’m a serious guitar player and when i’m listening to cds of mine they all have different tunnings. and when i play i want the sound to match the cd if u know what i mean. so i would like to know if u know a site which has a list of them and how to do it as i have shown above in the example. it would be VERY much appriciated and i would also be very grateful if u can help me out. if not please try and contact me on my email where i could find them. Thanks alot : : : TARREN : : : : guitar.com has a chord generator. you can change the tunnings on it. if you work it right you can figure out some good stuff. but it might not be quit what your lookin for, but who knows. : : mickeys

Anonymous

thats what i said, fool

Anonymous

here is how you get to choose which patches you want to put the old patches back on : turn off the zoom.
      hold down the store button wilst turning it on
      the words ALLINT will appear, press the pedals down left and right to choose the patch you want to replace.
      press store to replace the patch, and press cancel to get back to normal mode. and what do you owe me for this deed? visit my shitty site. http://www.millboyo.8k.com

Anonymous

: : visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs.

Anonymous

: : : visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs. there is not a fucking bass tab one on this wb site

Anonymous

: visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs.

Anonymous

Hi! My name is Ramona. I am writing in regards to you post messgae. I am singer/songwriter or various types of music including dance, pop, latin and have recently recorded a demo of three of my songs. If you are interested in these. Please do not hesitate to contact me on the details provided.

Kind Regards,

Ramona

Anonymous

look up olga tab index on a search anf find pennywise
      they have a one string songs called bro-hymm very easy song very cool song.

Anonymous

please send me system of a down: marmalade bass tabs, thanks.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

: i am searching for a Fender precision bass wiring diagram. please, if you could help a guy out, send it to me. Thanks

Anonymous

: : i am searching for a Fender mb-4 wiring diagram it as a pbass pickup and jazz bass pickup…thanks

Anonymous

: I think it is difficult to play fast but there are a lot of finger pickers from many different
      : areas, country to jazz to flamenco, that can play fast with their fingers.

: A good tape to watch is "World of Fingerstyle Jazz" from vestapol video. It doesn’t show you
      : how to get fast but it is certainly inspiring!

: Also "Meeting of the Spirits" from vestapol video, is awesome if you like flamenco stuff.
      : Paco DeLucia is the one of the fastest flamenco pickers I’ve seen. Also on the tape
      : are John McLauglin and Larry Corryel. No lessons here just inspiring tape.

: : Ive been thinking about switching to finger picking. Is that real hard to play fast with? I can use a pick fast, I can move my fingers fast on the guitar or piano, I can play fast on one string at a time with a bow on a violin but I cant finger pick fast at all – not even on one string at a time. Is finger picking the hardest thing to get fast with? Can someone recomend a good instructional video for a beginer for classical guitar – I cant afford lessons.
      :paco pena has some good ones

Anonymous

: I’m looking for some easy and free bass tabs for beginners. I just got mine on christmas. if you find some kick them this way.

Anonymous

: : I’m looking for free and easy bass tabs on the web.
      : : Thanks!
      how do u read it….. What do u do with a line like this:
      E——–22332——–
      D—-44433225———
      A———————
      G1-2——————

Anonymous

: DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM AMPHEAVEN!! THEY RIP YOU OFF!!
      if you,ve been ripped off by any amp company in HULL,
      YORKSHIRE ,UK, THEN REPORT IT IN WRITING TO;THE TRADING
      STANDARDS OFFICE,2ND FLOOR KINGSTON HOUSE,BOND ST,HULL,HU13ER,ENGLAND.

Anonymous

: This is a totally untrustworthy company: stay away from them. : DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM AMPHEAVEN!! THEY RIP YOU OFF!! : if you,ve been ripped off by any amp company in HULL, : YORKSHIRE ,UK, THEN REPORT IT IN WRITING TO;THE TRADING : STANDARDS OFFICE,2ND FLOOR KINGSTON HOUSE,BOND ST,HULL,HU13ER,ENGLAND.

Anonymous

: how much is metallic blue 1991 fender strat plus worth?

Dude, I just bought the Deluxe Version. I’ve been trying to find the price of it on the internet all day. So If you find anything out, let me know.

Anonymous

hi
      i have been working for tele visa in ottawa if you are iterested please email me.

Anonymous

: Hank Garland is one of the Greats of Both Country Music and Bebop Jazz Guitar. He came to Nashville to play as a professional on the Grand Ole Opry when he was only 15 years old.

: Hank Garland Played on Elvis Recordings, and most all the popular Records made in Nashville until 1961. He Also played on Jazz Recordings by George Shearing. Hank Garland also Played in the Birdland Jazz Club in New York City.

: Hank Garland made Country Music Guitar Instrumental Recordings and Modern Jazz Guitar Recordings.

:
      : I have an extensive Web Page on Hank Garland if anyone is interested. He is one of the Guitar Greats.

: My Hank Garland Web Page

: http://www3.50megs.com/dobro222/greatguitarist_hank_garland.html

: Robert Lee Johnson
      : The Guitar Man

: http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Hi Robert lee:

My Mother, Fern Jones, made an album on Dot
      Records during 1957-58 which features some of what I like to think of as Hank’s best work. Though she considered herself a gospel performer, like so many, she’d cut her teeth on blues in the Deep South clubs of the 1930’s. I think her album is out of print. It was called "Singing A Happy Song" and I’m including mentions of Hank in a book I’m writing called "The Glory Road" about my family’s life in evangelism/gospel work in the 1950’s. Good luck with your continued research. Hank was a true genius. I say "was" because someone here in Hollywood said they think he passed away? Someone else told me he was in an awful car crash years ago and never did get all his agility back. do you know any details? is Hank still with us today?

Anonymous

Anonymous

I just found this site and re: Suzuki, I play a Suzuki "3-S". This is a Martin clone with all the same woods and abalone trim. I found it in a pawnshop for 50 and after knocking the dust off saw a beautiful instrument, but when I played it I was amazed. I quickly payed the man and left! I play at various songwriter venues and constantly hear players of Takamine’s and Yamaha’s and even one Martin player comment on the tone and volume of this guitar. Many have asked to play it. When they see it’s a Suzuki they are baffled!The guitar was made in 1979 and apparently was Suzuki’s attempt to move into the performance market. I believe they were only made from 1978-1979. So if anyone gets the opportunity to buy one it might be worth checking into as this model is underrated and usually under priced.

Anonymous

I own a Suzuki guitar which my wife bought around 1977-79 and I love the sound from it. I dont know the model number or anything.

Anonymous

I bought a suzuke three in California during those dates. It is a beautiful instrument with a nice sound. It has worked well untill recently when it developed a buzz in the bridge.

Anonymous

I have a Suzuki Classical Mod SC 300c that right now i’m trying to find out about. I bought it brand new in 1975 -was a fac second w/a couple of blems on the finish for about $475.(trying to find the receipt LOL!) Anyway I’ve always been complemented about the tone(both warm or bright-depending on the strings) & the volumn. I never saw of heard of another Suzuki -just had to followup -good luck!

Anonymous

: I just found this site and re: Suzuki, I play a Suzuki "3-S". This is a Martin clone with all the same woods and abalone trim. I found it in a pawnshop for $250 and after knocking the dust off saw a beautiful instrument, but when I played it I was amazed. I quickly payed the man and left! I play at various songwriter venues and constantly hear players of Takamine’s and Yamaha’s and even one Martin player comment on the tone and volume of this guitar. Many have asked to play it. When they see it’s a Suzuki they are baffled!The guitar was made in 1979 and apparently was Suzuki’s attempt to move into the performance market. I believe they were only made from 1978-1979. So if anyone gets the opportunity to buy one it might be worth checking into as this model is underrated and usually under priced. I found a Suzuki F-120 guitar. Twelve strings, chrome tuners, redish Mohogany-like back and sides, looks like spruce top, I found it in a flea-market with top broken and glued. It had 6 nylon strings on it and it still wouldn’t sell so I paid $40 and got it and a set of strings!!! I reinforced it with epoxy and put 12 strings on it three years ago. It sounds good. Prime feature is how it projects! People tell me that Suzuki makes quality violins. I didn’t know they stopped making guitars. Would like to know what year it was manufactured. The sticker says it was made in "Nagoya, Japan". The company, "Suzuki Violin Company, Ltd." was established in "1887". Maybe we’ll find out more soon.

Anonymous

I have a 6-string Suzuki W-120 acoustic guitar. I can’t find any information about it anywhere! I can find 12-string F-120’s, but nothing anywhere about mine! If anyone has any ideas about how old it is, or how much it’s worth, please email me! Thanks.

Anonymous

: I have a 6-string Suzuki W-120 acoustic guitar. I can’t find any information about it anywhere! I can find 12-string F-120’s, but nothing anywhere about mine! If anyone has any ideas about how old it is, or how much it’s worth, please email me! : Thanks. Can’t really help – but I also have a 12 string suzuki. It looks good quality and very old. It has a very ornate headstock with CF Suzuki & Co in mother of pearl – written in script as per CF Martin. The sticker inside the guitar says Kiso Susuki Violin Co, model 9513 folowed by 00311 which might be a production number. I have been unable o find out absolutely nothing about this guitar – is yours the same. Also waht sources iof information have you found.

Anonymous

I have a Suzuki 3-S date stamped 1976 on inside brace. I have had it since new and have kept it in the closet for years. In the meantime I have owned Gibsons, Marins and finally Taylors. When I got my Susuki out the other night I was amazed as to how it favorably compared to my brand new Taylor 910CE. I could have saved myself a lot of money and time if I had just revisited this sweet little guitar…

Anonymous

I’m looking for some easy basslines to learn. that way i can figure somethings about notes fitting together and mess, someone please help me out!

Anonymous

Anonymous

artist : dan fogleberg title : longer : : : visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs.

Anonymous

The pod is not meant to be an effects box, I just bought the pod pro and the floorboard and I LOVE THEM TO DEATH
      but it all depends on what you need. If you JUST wanted delay then buy a nice boss dd-5 digital delay
      one of the best delays around with tons of settings. If you want to emulate wsome amp tones and direct record
      buy the pod, the the pod is definatly not meant to be a delay box only 🙂

The pod can save settings, you can save anything within a patch all the different delay settings. With the floorboard
      you can turn delay on or off of a certain effect individually. You can set the tempo or spped for the delay
      by hitting (or steping on the floorboard) the tap button, or by saving the delay time in the patch.
      Any other questions on the pod write to me 🙂
      THanks
      Chris

: : First of all I wanted to get the delay effect. So I figured that I had to get a delay pedal. Recently, I wanted to get a Line6 POD because it had many effects on it. It looks like one of the effects is delay. I heard that you can store sounds/settings on the Line6.
      : :
      : : So my first question: Is the delay effect of the Line6 POD the same as the delay effect of a delay pedal?
      : : My second question: Is there a pedal or some kind of device that can switch between stored sounds/settings on the Line6 while playing???

:
      : First off, if you really want delay from Line6, they came up with a Delay Modulator 70, which has all the delay you want. Yes it does have the delay of regular stomp box. If you are intent on the POD, I know what you need. For like 30 Line6 makes a Floorboard, kinda like midi controller, which you could control your effects with. Why don’t you just buy a regular effects-processor, for a fraction of that. You will be paying in inxs of 00 for the POD, and the floorboard. For 60 you could get a KORG Ax1000G, which is pretty cool, or a Boss Gt3 for like 80. Both will give you more than the pod, a little less confusing, and cost a fraction

Anonymous

I dont have to much money to have a big processor or something like that so most of my equipment is cheap
      i got a IBANEZ CHORUS AND FLANGER, IBANEZ TRASHMETAL, IBANEZ CLASSICMETAL, IBANEZ ECHO MACHINE, IBANEZ PHASER AND A PROEL WAH-WAH , CAN YOU TELLME IN WHAT ORDER I CAN PUT THEM TO SOUND BETTER? THANK YOU . WRITE ME PLEASE

Anonymous

: : : visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of bass tabs.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Carlos. "I love you much too much".

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

OF COURSE

Anonymous

: : Hank Garland is one of the Greats of Both Country Music and Bebop Jazz Guitar. He came to Nashville to play as a professional on the Grand Ole Opry when he was only 15 years old.

: : Hank Garland Played on Elvis Recordings, and most all the popular Records made in Nashville until 1961. He Also played on Jazz Recordings by George Shearing. Hank Garland also Played in the Birdland Jazz Club in New York City.

: : Hank Garland made Country Music Guitar Instrumental Recordings and Modern Jazz Guitar Recordings.

: : I have an extensive Web Page on Hank Garland if anyone is interested. He is one of the Guitar Greats.

: : My Hank Garland Web Page

: : http://www3.50megs.com/dobro222/greatguitarist_hank_garland.html

:
      : : Robert Lee Johnson
      : : The Guitar Man

: : http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Guitar Man

I am currently compiling a comprenhensive list of as many of Hank’s recording as I can find, any help you can provide would be appreciated. He sure did make a lot of them! I already have afull session list of all his Elvis work provided to me by Steve Scholes web site.
      Dave Wells
      Bristol England

Anonymous

: Hank Garland is one of the Greats of Both Country Music and Bebop Jazz Guitar. He came to Nashville to play as a professional on the Grand Ole Opry when he was only 15 years old.

: Hank Garland Played on Elvis Recordings, and most all the popular Records made in Nashville until 1961. He Also played on Jazz Recordings by George Shearing. Hank Garland also Played in the Birdland Jazz Club in New York City.

: Hank Garland made Country Music Guitar Instrumental Recordings and Modern Jazz Guitar Recordings.

:
      : I have an extensive Web Page on Hank Garland if anyone is interested. He is one of the Guitar Greats.

: My Hank Garland Web Page

: http://www3.50megs.com/dobro222/greatguitarist_hank_garland.html

: Robert Lee Johnson
      : The Guitar Man

: http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Anonymous

: I have an SMF amp tube amp head that has Dallas Music Industry from England on it, as well as Sound City. It was made in 1976. I’m attempting to find the schematic for it. Any clues? Thanks.

: RK

RK-

I have one of those too! Please let me know if
      you find out anything. Mine still works but I’d
      love to have more info.

Claude

Anonymous

I lika da guitar

Anonymous

G’day bloke’s and sheila’s,
      Greetings from down under.
      If you are interested in a factoring a transaction on a 1936 martin guitar, model 018 then
      read on:
      Owner has had for 18 years and has decided to sell if the price is right. So it’s up to you
      good folks to sharpen your pencil’s, check out the aussie dollar exchange rates and get back to me.
      The instrument sounds as sweet as, the condition is only slight wear, the machine heads have been
      changed and it’s still gigging. "all around the water tank, waiting for a train"
      I can see an alternative lifestyle coming up for the new owner and hopefully we can aid and abet that concept.
      Hope to hear from you soon,
      Yours musically,
      ‘macthunder’ down under

Anonymous

: : Anyone out there own a SUZUKI guitar?
      : : Is it consider a fair quality guitar to learn on?
      : : Please give me some commend. Thanks.

: If there is they wouldn’t admit it!
      : Seriously Grace they would be Ok to learn on if you are the persistent type but they don’t make very good guitars.
      : I am a believer in the idea that we must be inspired by our instrument whether we are learning or are profficient in our playing.
      : That doesn’t mean that you have to go out and buy a 000 guitar to learn on.
      : There are lot’s of good budget priced guitars around that will give you a good sound and are relatively easy to play Suzuki isn’t one of them.

So what is your prefered brand, model? I’m in the process of buying my first guitar too. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

I bought a Suzuki Les Paul copy and for the price it is a very nice guitar. Could not find another $200.00 Les Paul copy as nice as the Suzuki for the price. Picked up a Jay Turser Les Paul and it is not near the quality.

Anonymous

: : : Anyone out there own a SUZUKI guitar? I have one and need to find out what it is worth. it is a suzuki violin company model s12… please help : : : Is it consider a fair quality guitar to learn on? : : : Please give me some commend. Thanks. : : If there is they wouldn’t admit it! : : Seriously Grace they would be Ok to learn on if you are the persistent type but they don’t make very good guitars. : : I am a believer in the idea that we must be inspired by our instrument whether we are learning or are profficient in our playing. : : That doesn’t mean that you have to go out and buy a $2000 guitar to learn on. : : There are lot’s of good budget priced guitars around that will give you a good sound and are relatively easy to play Suzuki isn’t one of them. : So what is your prefered brand, model? I’m in the process of buying my first guitar too. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

: : : Anyone out there own a SUZUKI guitar? : : : Is it consider a fair quality guitar to learn on? : : : Please give me some commend. Thanks. : : If there is they wouldn’t admit it! : : Seriously Grace they would be Ok to learn on if you are the persistent type but they don’t make very good guitars. : : I am a believer in the idea that we must be inspired by our instrument whether we are learning or are profficient in our playing. : : That doesn’t mean that you have to go out and buy a $2000 guitar to learn on. : : There are lot’s of good budget priced guitars around that will give you a good sound and are relatively easy to play Suzuki isn’t one of them. : So what is your prefered brand, model? I’m in the process of buying my first guitar too. Thanks for the help. Don’t take any notice of these upstarts telling you what is good and bad. The only things you need for a good steel string acoustic are: Slim neck, fairly low action (Distance between fret and strings) heads that stay in tune, and a reasonable tone. The Suzukis of even 20 years ago were comparable to a Fender F36 Acoustic… perhaps even a bit better. As for Electirics I’ve played these too and they are as good as any other (Ibanez,Vantage,Washburn) copy. Andy

Anonymous

: Anyone out there own a SUZUKI guitar?
      : Is it consider a fair quality guitar to learn on?
      : Please give me some commend. Thanks.

If there is they wouldn’t admit it!
      Seriously Grace they would be Ok to learn on if you are the persistent type but they don’t make very good guitars.
      I am a believer in the idea that we must be inspired by our instrument whether we are learning or are profficient in our playing.
      That doesn’t mean that you have to go out and buy a 000 guitar to learn on.
      There are lot’s of good budget priced guitars around that will give you a good sound and are relatively easy to play Suzuki isn’t one of them.

Anonymous

Yes, I have a Suzuki (1975 W-300) and am not afraid to admit it. She’s very easy to play, and has an incredible voice. I have had her worked on, replacing the saddle with a wider piece of bone along with a few of the frets. She has a very fast action and a great voice. No guitar under $1500 gets close to what she’ll do for music. Really serves up the sound! Once I played a Santa Cruz "Tony Rice" model that felt and sounded as good as my Suzuki, right out of the box, but that guitar was selling for $2700 (discounted from $$3500)! The Suzuki’s a righteous piece of firewood, I’d say. My advice is to look around for one of the 75-76 dreadnought models that has been well cared for. Unfortunately, they’re not easy to find, but still well worth the effort. blues.

Anonymous

I have had a Suzuki w-400 accoustic guitar for between 15 and 20 years. It not only is a beautiful instrument to look at but is beautiful to play. When I bought it the only comparable models in my price range where Yamaha’s, but the Suzuki felt better looked better and played better for a similar/better price. Whilst I would now like to ‘move up’ to a Gibson, it is only because my suzuki is so good that I cannot justify the move up to medium priced guitars as I would be wasting my money for no improvement in sound quality. I would like to find a review of this model because I just love it to bits, this guitar has been my ‘best friend’ for nearly 2 decades. Jim Mooney.

Anonymous

: a friend told me i could wrap my pickups with more copper wire to make them hotter. how do you do this?what tools do you need? thnx anyone who can help 🙂

Take this advice from someone who knows.
      Unless you are an expert don’t mess with your guitar.
      The risk of headaches isn’t worth it.
      Save up your pennies and get a set of Seymour Duncan’s or Kinman’s or Di-Marzios or whatever but leave that sort of stuff to the experts.

Anonymous

: I was wanting to know if I really need to take private lessons to learn how to play guitar. I have never played one in my life and I was wanting to know if i could learn from books and videos.
      : If so what are some good books and videos?
      : i WANT TO DOWNLOAD SOME SCALES USE BY SLASH WITH MP3
      : THANKS FOR ANY INFO KC

Anonymous

: : Hey im going to learn how to play guitar, more specifically eletric guitar (Hard rock style 🙂 my fingers are going to be sore for a while hehehe). What do your recomend for a good guitar in the 00-00 range, also what books do your recomend as good beginer books?

Dude, I’m a whore for Ibanez guitars. They are fast, comfortable,and sound great too. You get a lot of guit for your money. Don’t forget though that with most guitars, like everything else, you get what you pay for. Talk to the guys in your local guitar shop. Look at used guit’s available there. Play them before you buy and be certain that it FEELS right and most importantly that it SOUNDS right for what you want to accomplish.

Anonymous

Anonymous

: Same body as other Epi LP, Steinbergen whammy, but with
      : two vc’s and one hummer. nice guitar but the vender is
      : asking 00.00. Seems too high to me. Need more info.
      : Can you help?

I have an Epiphone les paul black beauty with two vc’s and humbucker and paid £200
      in london

Anonymous

What kind of guitar do you have….You want something with sustain. This is easiest by a ‘neck through’ guitar like a Les Paul, strat or any semi hollow body etc… Then just get any powerful tube amp. I have a fender Reissue black face Vibrolux. 2 Ten inch speakers. I have a heritage 535 semihollowbody and for over drive I use a Boss yellow pedal. Also I have a Qtron and Memory man. By using the pre amp in the memory man I can saturate my sound and when the over drive is on I can sustain until the cows come home and even until they decide to go back out again. Go to http://www.GuitarGeek.com and look up trey’s sound…they should have it labled from ax to amp.

Anonymous

I cant scare a guy without givin him an answer too – look up John 3:16 and Acts 2:21 in the bible – if you care – so you can be "wheat" and you wont be burned up with the "tares". He he he he he

Anonymous

For practicing and/or recording check out a korg px3. See some of my other posts for a
      better description of the unit.

Newton

: In the opinion of all you great players out there what is the best, quietest and versatile Guitar FX unit, either rack mount or stand alone. Thanks for taking the time.

Anonymous

I think it is difficult to play fast but there are a lot of finger pickers from many different
      areas, country to jazz to flamenco, that can play fast with their fingers.

A good tape to watch is "World of Fingerstyle Jazz" from vestapol video. It doesn’t show you
      how to get fast but it is certainly inspiring!

Also "Meeting of the Spirits" from vestapol video, is awesome if you like flamenco stuff.
      Paco DeLucia is the one of the fastest flamenco pickers I’ve seen. Also on the tape
      are John McLauglin and Larry Corryel. No lessons here just inspiring tape.

: Ive been thinking about switching to finger picking. Is that real hard to play fast with? I can use a pick fast, I can move my fingers fast on the guitar or piano, I can play fast on one string at a time with a bow on a violin but I cant finger pick fast at all – not even on one string at a time. Is finger picking the hardest thing to get fast with? Can someone recomend a good instructional video for a beginer for classical guitar – I cant afford lessons.

Anonymous

: CAN ANY ONE TELL WHAT COMPANY MAKES GOTOH PICKUPS ARE WHO OWNS GOTOH IKNOW ITS A JAPAN BASE COMPANY

Gotoh company in Japan makes Gotoh tuners, bridges and other hardware for guitars and
      basses.

Best regards,
      Gulab Gidwani, Exotic Woods Co. Inc.

Anonymous

( the good and the evil – Matthew 13:37-43 in the bible)are being seperated. The wheat grow into more good and the tares are becoming more and more evil so the angels will be able to know wich are wheat and wich are tares. Next time maybe you could just say – "I dont like Metallica anymore" and leave it at that.

Anonymous

: I am a beginner and I was wanting an acoustic guitar.
      : What is the best brand for the 2468809$. I really can not aford anything over 00.
      : What is the diference in a 6 sting or 12 sting?
      : I want to play country music

If you have somebody that plays guitar and has a clue about guitars you can check out used guitars. you can get a pretty decent acoustic used for 00. If you shop on your own used however you might get ripped off.

Anonymous

To start with play your guitar unplugged and listen to other expensive guitars unplugged at a guitar store. If yours sounds bad unplugged, I wouldn’t waste time/energy on it. "You can’t polish a turd". Also the amp is extremely important to tone. A 000 Paul Reed Smith will sound bad on a crappy pv. If the guitar sounds good acoustically, you can get a decent pickup starting at 0 through mail order (american musical supply, etc. check out links}. I put a Seymour Duncan in my Japenese Fender and it sounds great. I have also heard that the fender srv’s (texas specials) are cool too (0). Changing pickups is actually an easy job. The pain is in getting the pickguard off. You’ll get a heavier/bassy sound with humbuckers and a clearer (although you can muddy it up) and more dynamic sound with single coils. With single coils you can play softer and then hammer the guitar during a chorus and it will go much louder and distorted and can be more energetic. I would play some guitars with both humbuckers and single coils and see what you like. But don’t spend a lot of money at a store for pickups, they are usually marked up quite a bit. I hope this helps, if you have any questions you can e-mail me. Greg

Anonymous

I agree with not buying new pickups for a crappy guitar, however if you want new pickups for a decent price with easy installation, check out EMG’s. They come pre-wired on a pickguard and sound great. Since your guitar is a Strat copy, the pickguard should fit.

Anonymous

just go with how you feel

Anonymous

i just put a seymour duncan P-90 stack in my ibanez les paul jr. copy and it screams. i wired it in series and it sounds like a humbucker,really cool

Anonymous

: Damn rights and thats a fact. I want to know were i could find one of his set ups for a good whammy sound

Carlos uses a Paul Reed Smith, and their vibrato systems are made by PRS. I have the same vibrato on my PRS CE22 and it does work very well.

Sincerely,
      Charles Rathmann
      http://www.rathmanncomm.com
      http://charlesrathmann.iuma.com

Anonymous

: I’ve accidentally replaced that patch
      just restore the factory setting by holding store when you turn on the pedal and then when alinit comes up press store it will change all the sounds back to the original

Anonymous

I would reccommend that you get a epiphone before looking at strats.
      If you are wanting to play the hard rock style you cannot beat that.
      The fender single coils will give you a thinner sound and a little bit quacky.
      I use my fender for songs that I need to have good control of my distortion level on. BUt for everything else that I need to be thick, bassy and nasty, I use my Epi les Paul. If you want a good quality guitar that you can keep do not by a Danelectro (they are crappy!) their tone is not very bassy and you will probably have to get a really good amp or effects processor to make it have some versatile tone.
      My suggestion is a Epiphone Les Paul. I have had mine for 3 years and she is very faithful.

Anonymous

Damn rights and thats a fact. I want to know were i could find one of his set ups for a good whammy sound

Anonymous

: I am looking for the best price on a left handed Gibson Les Paul (Studio, Jr., Custom)guitar.

have you tried southpaw guitars on the web

Anonymous

Some friends of mine were at a concert a few days ago and the lead guitarist had a normal capo and a then smaller capo on his guitar. I was wondering what the 2nd capo was for and what the theory is behind it????

Jason
        Participant

If the two capo’s were on different frets then that would let him quickly change down keys simply by removing the top capo.

If you’re looking for one then see our capo guide

Anonymous

File them, don’t clip them, it only takes a couple of weeks to get used to filing them to the shape you prefer and it is widely believed that clipping nails weakens the fibres making them brittle and susceptable to breakage.
      Jim Graham

Hear my nails in action at http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham

: does anyone know what is the best way to care about right hand claws to make them stronger to play classic guitar? Thank you

Anonymous

Valley Arts Custom Pro Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Valley Arts Custom Pro Guitar

Anonymous

SANTANA is the best of the best!!!

Anonymous

you stupid fucking penis. why do u come on this guitar site and promote disco? u obviously are just a stupid little homosexual puerto rican man with a little too much time on his rosy hands. try nirvana, asshole. thats music. at least our musicians write their own songs and play their own instruments and are talented enough to do more than gesticulate around to dances their fucking choreographers taught them. thats not talent dude, thats just damn pathetic. so take your kool and the gang ass out of here and go stick you weasel in a toaster or something. fucking prick.

Anonymous

Anyone know the lead line for "can’t buy me love" by the Beatles?

Thanks

Anonymous

does anyone know what is the best way to care about right hand claws to make them stronger to play classic guitar? Thank you

Anonymous

i got a gibson sg and i had the same prob. i just lowered the neck pickup till it was near level with the scratch plate. I don’t use that pickup much, but if you do, it adds to the tone, making it sound pretty nice and mellow. so try that.

Anonymous

I am looking for the best price on a left handed Gibson Les Paul (Studio, Jr., Custom)guitar.

Anonymous

: I am looking for the best price on a left handed Gibson Les Paul (Studio, Jr., Custom)guitar. :e-mail me a picture

Anonymous

iam looking for warlock left handed guitar and guitar like metallica and pantera have just left handed please email me if you know

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can get hold of 200 or so cardboard guitars for distribution to members of an audience on July 14th 2000? The gig is in thenorth west of England so we need a supplier reasonably close to Manchester.

Anonymous

: What’s a good price for a new 4×10 Fender Deville? I was recently quoted 625. I love the sound of this amp, but have little experience with it. Any others that have used a Deville, I would appreciate comments/feedback….THATS A GREAT PRICE…I HAVE A 410 DEVILLE….ITS A GREAT AMP…I PAID 50 LAST YEAR FOR IT….GREAT AMP FOR THE PRICE…I USE IT MORE THEN MY VOX AC-30..WHICH COST TWICE WHAT I PAID FOR THE FENDER….BUT I’M A RICKENBACKER NUT AND I HAD TO HAVE A VOX….GOOD LUCK WITH THE FENDER!

: Joe

Anonymous

: Here’s some humorous perspective on the Napster MP3 debate…

: http://theonion.com/onion3618/kid_rock_starves.html

Another Napster tradgedy. MP3 users should be made to jump off the edge of the world. Death CAN be fun.

Anonymous

Same body as other Epi LP, Steinbergen whammy, but with
      two vc’s and one hummer. nice guitar but the vender is
      asking 00.00. Seems too high to me. Need more info.
      Can you help?

Anonymous

my guess would be either jackson or ESP since they do customs just about anyway imagineable

but more than likely jackson

Anonymous

There’s no way it could be esp, they’re a cheap japanese knock-off company. Also, the Flying V has been around longer then Jackson was started. My guess is Gibson.

Anonymous

: Reading guitar advertisements I have stumbled across the term fitted with slab board can anyone explain this guitar terminology which has got me beaten. Thank-you SANDY

All the fingerboards used today are slab boards, except for one piece necks with skunk stripe
      at the back.
      I understand that at one time Fender had used some fingerboards, which were veneered on.

Best regards,
      Gulab Gidwani

Anonymous

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM AMPHEAVEN!! THEY RIP YOU OFF!!

Anonymous

Awe… diddums…there there. Oh! and that is not the only way to spell there.
      stick with school for a little while yet.
      regards
      Brian

Anonymous

Dear KC —
      This is an excellent question. I can’t slam books because I publish guitar instruction books. However, I write them with my teacher. My studies with Jim Crimmins have been instrumental to me, and have sold me on the idea of having a teacher.

One thing we stress in ROCKIN’ JIMMY’S DAILY GUITAR WORKOUT is that it is important to have a teacher. A very accomplished musician, particularly one whose playing you admire, can add immeasurably to your progress. The stimulation they provide, the feedback, the interaction — all will help you fully realize your potential. Working only with books and videos is a one-way street — you never know what you may be doing incorrectly or what opportunities you are missing.

Think of it this way — you can never learn from a book or video, but only from the person who developed that book or video. And these forms of communication are not as effective as personal attention.

Even if lessons are infrequent, they can help you stay focused and grow as a musician. Often, however, lessons are scheduled too frequently, and the student doesn’t have the time to completely master what was taught previously. This can contribute to frustration involved in the learning curve.

The important thing — develop a mix that works for you.

Sincerely,
      Charles Rathmann
      http://www.rathmanncomm.com
      http://charlesrathmann.iuma.com

Anonymous

First they are greedy enough to go after Napster (like anyone fucking cares if they lose a little cash out of there millions) And now they are pathetic enough to sell out and do a sound track for MI2 which blows…I think metalliSUCKS fans should sue them for being fucking sell outs…..Fuck there stupid asses….It’s not like they’re good anymore anyway…..fucking fags can suck my fucking CUM.

Anonymous

last month i bought a 00.00 dimebag darrell washburn i cant say i was very happy with it because there was something wrong with it. other than that i can tell you that just the guitar is not going to get the pantera sound it played good but it was very bulky the head stock suprised me because it was huge. i like the 11 gauge strings because of the heavier sound, i didnt like where the volume and tone controls were because of my picking style i kept hitting the knobs and turning the volume down when i played. over all its an ok guitar for 399.99 right now i play a gibson epiphone les paul for the money i think its a better guitar. i ordered from musicians friend so if you dont like it you can send it back. maybe i gave a little help or you just listened to me bitch a little while. good luck

Anonymous

I have an i banezx js700 guitar with 2 soapbar pickups.
      however, i want to change them to humbucker, preferably emg 61 and 81. Can anyone tell me if i can fit them or if there are any other humbucker alternatives which would fit a JS700 soapbar?

Anonymous

the last couple of days while ive been playing my epiphone lespaul the little e string has been getting wedged under the frets below the guitar whats up with that

Anonymous

: Is there a secret to getting nicks out of an acoustic flattop without causing damage? Is it with a wet cloth and ironing board? If done professionally, how much should I pay to have someone take nicks/scataches out?

Dr.Ducks Ax Wax will turn them into beauty marks …
      http://www.ducksdeluxe.com

Enjoy …

Anonymous

Amy: I don’t know a particular site to send you to, but I generally have really good luck using detailed search strings on http://www.dogpile.com. For example, if I were looking for
      a Mary Chapin Carpenter song, I’d enter as a search { +"Mary Chapin Carpenter" +"End of My Pirate Days" +"Tab" +"Lyrics" -"sale" ] Then Dogpile doeas a search, weeds out the sites
      that want me to buy a music book (or sheet music), and shows me what(if any) is left. It’s time-consuming, but it usually works.

There’s a Caveat, however – if you transcribe anything, be sure to post it on the web SOMEWHERE, so the next time some other musician needs it, they can get to it! 🙂

Anonymous

I have a MusicMan 210 combo 65 watt with a low power switch and a 4&8 ohm switch. My questions; what is the low power wattage rating;and should I be running 4 or 8 ohms when using the 2 10s that are in the amp.

Anonymous

I'm a moron. Explain Stairway To Heaven.

This popular thread has been given its own page : I’m a moron. Explain Stairway To Heaven.

Anonymous

I have money about 600 $.I want guitar have sound like
      Pentera.Please consult me .

Anonymous

Can you please help me i’m looking for a site where i can learn country tabs and also lyrics aswell me and my freind want to enter a country talent quest but we need the tabs and songs please help

Anonymous

want info on Ampeg Rocket 2 single channel combo

This popular thread has been given its own page : want info on Ampeg Rocket 2 single channel combo

Anonymous

http:members.aol.com/chumloat/twinv.JPG this will show you one hell of
      a guitar, a twin neck flying V, this baby has everything except for a
      clue who made it??? schaller tuners, ebony fretboard, ablone block
      inlay, neck binding, 12/6 string, PAF for 6 string, Bartolini for 12
      string, Orginal Floyd Rose tremelo on 6 string. mirrored truss rod
      covers, very hot out put. Any idea who made this excellent guitar,
      lighter than a Les Paul, plays very very well. Thanks for any help
      Chumgod: [email protected]

Anonymous

Wondering if you could help me or send me information about
      guitar customisation. I am trying to customise my guitar,
      it’s a Fender Strat. copy ( a really cheap one ) and am
      wondering what types of pick ups would be most advisable to use.
      I am after a heavy/powerful sound which would suit both
      lead and rhythm in a hard rock band. The sound which I am
      going for would have to be fairly versatile
      but along the lines of "Alice in chains playing Stone Temple
      Pilots covers". If you could get back to me it would be great.
      Thanx from PETR: [email protected]

Anonymous

You could go for the TASCAM 4-channel recorder, like he said, but it’s around 00. I’d suggest a program like CakeWalk 7.0 Studio. I’ve got a copy of it, and I love it. You don’t have to worry about MIDI, you can just record audio onto as many tracks as you wish, and can mix them all down.

Anonymous

: I was wanting to know if I really need to take private lessons to learn how to play guitar. I have never played one in my life and I was wanting to know if i could learn from books and videos.
      : If so what are some good books and videos? i remember how much i hated lessons — in 1969 — it seemed the teacher just strung things along, never getting anyplace — i had no desire to read music, still don’t . i assume you want to play rock guitar ! this advise would be wrong for a jazz dude !! i would take lessons for 6 mo. or a year, just to learn the basics that you are not going to get anywhere else ——— then learn by JAMMING !!!!! there are some great tab books, and some that sux — reccommend books by hal leonard, armadillo publications — i hate mel bay books !!! don’t get discouraged, it takes 5 years to really be able to play!

Anonymous

Hohner Arbor LW400N

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hohner Arbor LW400N

Anonymous

Derek;
      While U’re looking @ books, check out the Guitar Grimoire series. Check out your local pawn shops 4
      guitars, U’d be surprised what U will find there.
      Get yourself a can of tennis balls 2 squeeze
      One of my Pop’s old secrets 4 hand strength.
      And also a set of Chinese excercise balls 4
      control and dexterity.

PE@CE&HAPPY JAMM’IN
      Black Owl

Anonymous

I was wanting to know if I really need to take private lessons to learn how to play guitar. I have never played one in my life and I was wanting to know if i could learn from books and videos.
      If so what are some good books and videos?

THANKS FOR ANY INFO KC

Anonymous

: I am a beginner and I was wanting an acoustic guitar.
      : What is the best brand for the 2468809$. I really can not aford anything over 00.
      : What is the diference in a 6 sting or 12 sting?
      : I want to play country music

KC, I think you just decided what the difference between the 6 and 12 strings is, 6 MORE STRINGS!!! A 12 string has a cool sound, because the strings in between the base strings are octaves, giving you a rounded sound. It is harder to start on a 12-string. It is easier to just get started on the 6. Yamaha makes a decent guitar for 00, but don’t expect much out of it. Acoustics at that price are all the same, and are tough on begginers. 6 strings is what most country players use. Check some cheap resonator guitars, they are very country picking type guitars. I think the best match is, when you get into electrics, you should look at Fender Tele’s. They are country electric at its finest

Anonymous

: Hey im going to learn how to play guitar, more specifically eletric guitar (Hard rock style 🙂 my fingers are going to be sore for a while hehehe). What do your recomend for a good guitar in the 00-00 range, also what books do your recomend as good beginer books?

I think the book that taught most of the people I talk to, esspecially myself, is the Mel Bay book. I hated that thing, but I learned how to play "Tenting tonight" with it. Good guitar in that range esspecially for a begginer is a Mexican Strat, it will do you good for a while, and will have you set until you are ready to get another one. Epiphone makes some cool guitars in that range. The Epi G-400 comes to mind. Very cool SG copy. Oh also the Danelectro Hodad, is a good one. Go to your local store and check a few out

Anonymous

: I was looking for suggestions on what my new guitar should be. I am looking for a guitar that can play a decent clean tone. What I am especially looking for is a guitar than can handle heavy distortion and possibly metal distortion. Any ideas?? Oh Man, new guitars make my nipples hard. Try "RockAuction.com" a good number of new and used guitars and plenty of brands to choose from between 00 and 00. It’ll give you plenty of ideas

Anonymous

I was looking for suggestions on what my new guitar should be. I am looking for a guitar that can play a decent clean tone. What I am especially looking for is a guitar than can handle heavy distortion and possibly metal distortion. Any ideas??

Anonymous

Hey im going to learn how to play guitar, more specifically eletric guitar (Hard rock style 🙂 my fingers are going to be sore for a while hehehe). What do your recomend for a good guitar in the 00-00 range, also what books do your recomend as good beginer books?

Anonymous

Just as the subject says… Not much more.
      I live in algonquin, the northwest part of il.
      we play mostly metallica, ozzy, pantera, and most
      80’s metal GOOD bands. drop me a line if you’re a drummer
      or bassist looking for two great guitarists. (not meaning
      to oversell ourselves, but hey…gotta say something good
      about us, ’cause WE ARE!!!)
      Send me an e-mail @ [email protected], and
      give me your info and likes/dislikes, equipment, and age.
      we’re both 17. not looking for people over 20 or 21. must
      have good equipment and skills.
      we need you guys!! PLEASE!!! just someone to jam with,
      and a bassist that’ll actually play along! (ref. to prev.
      bassist… 🙂 anyway, you guys wouldn’t get it. please,
      mail me.

-MetalMassacre

Anonymous

Reading guitar advertisements I have stumbled across the term fitted with slab board can anyone explain this guitar terminology which has got me beaten. Thank-you SANDY

Anonymous

Those are great lessons – I might get the 3 Aaron Shearer begginer books. Im into speed alot but I want to switch to finger picking because I like the way it feels more. I got tired of rubbing my right palm on the strings or pushing against fingers anchored on the guitar – you have to do that to pick fast cuz its hard to balance picking fast with your whole right hand off of the guitar.

Anonymous

Finger picking is useful when using a pick sounds too sharp. It all comes naturally – I developed my finger picking style after playing Stairway to Heaven over and over. Just keep practicing and it should develop enough so that you won’t even have to think about which fingers are doing what.

Anonymous

: I am trying to set up my rig to get a Trey Anastasio sound. As Im currently playing through a solid state amp (Fender Ultimate Chorus), I know the first step is getting a tube amp. I currently have one Tube Screamer, (I know Trey uses 2 and a bunch of other things). I am considering a Fender Hot Rod Deville, but the Peavy Classic 50 seems to give a warm, clean tone. Any thoughts on these or other amps?? I think Trey uses Fender Deluxe Reverb amps. Im not trying to "copy" him, but his tone is so buttery!!!

I just bought a Deville. I love it. I’m not as familiar with Trey’s sound as some others, but I do know that the Deville has a great, crystal clear clean channel and some screamin’ overdrive. Great sustain, great articulation….all the subtleties of playing are really brought out by the Deville (in my opinion). I suggest the 4×10 over the 2×12…lots more punch and articulation in the 410.

Anonymous

Some examples…
      Rack mount (chorus, flanger, reverb, delay FX):
      TC Electronics and Lexicon

Floor pedal: Check Line6 new pedals

/Knud

: In the opinion of all you great players out there what is the best, quietest and versatile Guitar FX unit, either rack mount or stand alone. Thanks for taking the time.

Anonymous

I am trying to set up my rig to get a Trey Anastasio sound. As Im currently playing through a solid state amp (Fender Ultimate Chorus), I know the first step is getting a tube amp. I currently have one Tube Screamer, (I know Trey uses 2 and a bunch of other things). I am considering a Fender Hot Rod Deville, but the Peavy Classic 50 seems to give a warm, clean tone. Any thoughts on these or other amps?? I think Trey uses Fender Deluxe Reverb amps. Im not trying to "copy" him, but his tone is so buttery!!!

Anonymous

: Is there a secret to getting nicks out of an acoustic flattop without causing damage? Is it with a wet cloth and ironing board? If done professionally, how much should I pay to have someone take nicks/scataches out?

Just like freckles and scars on your own body, nicks and scratches become part of your guitars charater through time. Although we all feel the pain the first time we drop a harmonica on a flattop or bang into a mic stand, these little blemishes make our axes unique and real. Take a good look at a picture of Stevie Ray Vaughns Strat sometime, Now thats Character !

Anonymous

Just like freckles and scars on your own body, nicks and scratches become part of your guitars charater through time. Although we all feel the pain the first time we drop a harmonica on a flattop or bang into a mic stand, it isd who we are. Take a good look at Stevie Ray Vaughns Strat sometime.

Anonymous

Just like freckles and scars on your own body, nicks and scratches become part of your guitars charater through time. Although we all feel the pain the first time we drop a harmonica on a flattop or bang into a mic stand, it isd who we are. Take a good look at Stevie Ray Vaughns Strat sometime.

Anonymous

: Where can i get the current "book" value of a 1962 Gretch model 6192, country club, sunburst finish with hard case.?

I would suggest that you look to a local music store specializing in used instruments. They have pricing guides for many, many brands…even low end, imported names…I’m sure a name like Gretch would appear in most pricing guides. They’ll be able to help you.

Anonymous

Where can i get the current "book" value of a 1962 Gretch model 6192, country club, sunburst finish with hard case.?

Anonymous

: Where can i get the current "book" value of a early 1980 Yamaha FG-200D and an early 1980 Yamaha FG-470S.

Anonymous

I have an SMF amp tube amp head that has Dallas Music Industry from England on it, as well as Sound City. It was made in 1976. I’m attempting to find the schematic for it. Any clues? Thanks.

RK

Anonymous

Please help me. Schematic Marschall bass head 3530. Thanks

Anonymous

I am a beginner and I was wanting an acoustic guitar.
      What is the best brand for the 2468809$. I really can not aford anything over 00.
      What is the diference in a 6 sting or 12 sting?
      I want to play country music

THANKS FOR ANY INFO KC

Anonymous

if you are just getting down ideas and want ease of use, just buy an inexpensive cassette 4 track. They are easy to use. Fostex and Tascam both have cheapies.

Anonymous

If you’re serious, pick up a copy of Scott Tenant’s Pumping Nylon, it’s a book and a video and the best guitar technique thing out there.

Anonymous

If you’re serious, pick up a copy of Scott Tenant’s Pumping Nylon, it’s a book and a video and the best guitar technique thing out there.

Anonymous

Need wiring diagram for Gibson SG

This popular thread has been given its own page : Need wiring diagram for Gibson SG

Anonymous

Does anyone have Hughes&Kettner Vortex amp (head 80 W and cab 4 x 12" 200 W) or otherwise is familiar with that?
      I’ve tested once but only a short time. I will be glad to hear your experiences.

Anonymous

dont buy one. im currently looking online for the schematics on the head because it just stopped working and cant find the schematics anywhere

Anonymous

I bought this amp in March ’99 and have never looked back. I don’t like amps that have loads on knobs, and this is very basic. The clean sound is great and can get a good range with the EQ knobs. I like the distortion sound but the only drawback is there’s no indidual EQ for each channel. Ive found that if I get the clean tone I want,then the EQ on distortion sounds too muddy. And if I get the dist. right, then the clean sounds too tinny. I use separate pedals. But all in all this is a great amp that throws air across a room, but it’s not too deafening when you’re stood next to it.

Anonymous

I have one at home, but the head is not 80 watts though. It’s a 100 Watt head as far as I know. Maybe there are two different kinds but I’ve never heard of that. It’s a rock amp, plain and simple. It has o.k. clean, but if you mainly play the softer cleaner type of music you shouldn’t buy it, you should go for fender. If you mainly play rock however, this is the best buy to make for that kind of money. It doesn’t have a shitload of settings, but nothing the right footswitch can’t fix. The overdrive channel is great, you don’t need a pedal to make alot of metal noise or seventies black sabbath type shit. If u wanna know more………just ask.

Anonymous

I don’t know about getting scratches out, but i do know how to get them in. (play a lot) as far as i am concerned, wear and tear give a guitar character. i guess my advice would be to leave the scratches in. But maybe i’m just being eccentric ?

Anonymous

In the opinion of all you great players out there what is the best, quietest and versatile Guitar FX unit, either rack mount or stand alone. Thanks for taking the time.

Anonymous

sound quality versus aging of acoustic guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : sound quality versus aging of acoustic guitars

Anonymous

I use POD leslie sometimes. With Midipedals you can control the speed and switch between slow/fast.
      Listen to a short MP3 with POD leslie at:
      http://www.geocities.com/pylonia
      /RRR

: Any guitarists out there into the leslie thing? Please email with thoughts, tips, tricks, links, etc.
      : Have been hooked on leslies since I first heard Lonnie Mack’s Wham, 150 yrs. ago

Anonymous

Hi, I have been a guitar player for 25 years and I am very interested in acquiring a Leslie cabinet to experiment with. Is a Leslie 45 a good one to start with? I do not know much about Leslies, what would I need to have hardware wise in order to play thru a 45? Also, any tips on what to look out for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Harry.

Anonymous

The picking hand is critical for any style. It’s the voice and the source of the rhythm, the groove, the expression. It’s great that you hear and appreciate that. That’s why we think that our practice instrument, called the Twanger PraxAx is so useful. You can find out more at http://www.twanger.com. It’s about the size of your hand, has normal guage strings mounted above a piece of maple, and the string tension can be adjusted to suit your needs. Comes with a nylon web belt so you can groove on the move and give your right hand a workout wherever, whenever.

Anonymous

I’m looking for free and easy bass tabs on the web.
      Thanks!

Anonymous

Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows. —————————–<hr> <a href="http://www.doorway-page-software.com/">Search Engine Positioning</a> http://www.doorway-page-software.com

Anonymous

What other problems do you have besides being unemployed, a moron and a dork? ————————————————–<hr> Website Hosting Packages – Windows 2003 Server <a href="http://www.efextra.net">Web design hosting site</a> http://www.efextra.net

Anonymous

: I’m looking for free and easy bass tabs on the web. : please i really want to learn this awsome guitar. thanks

Anonymous

:i want cool easy bass tabs for songs today

Anonymous

I know you get tired of seeing people post there website adresses and stuff all the time but take a minute to visit my site.
      There’s lots of stuff on the page even a message board to go and talk on.
      And of course it’s a guitar page:
      http://www.bozzguitar.homestead.com/home.html

Anonymous

Check out my website to see and hear some of my compostions for the classical guitar. The url is: http://www.richsguitarsite.ewebpromo.com

Anonymous

Check out my website to see and hear some of my compostions for the classical guitar.

Anonymous

I perform. compose for, and teach the classical guitar. If you are interested in obtaining a book to start with, try the Frederick Noad methods. You can find his stuff everywhere and talks to you as an adult and not a child like most books I’ve used to teach with. As far as speed is concerned, you do have to sacrifice that desire. There are some exceptional guitarists that can play fast on the classical, but they are rare. The classical gitar is more about expression and musicality and not so much on the pyrotechinics. It is, however, worth it as you are the music and have to rely on no one.

Anonymous

Robert Eldridge on mp3 has a very eclectic fingerstyle you should listen to….

http://www.mp3.com/roberteldridge

i think will like his style

Anonymous

: I’ve got a Digitech 2120, a Roland JC120, Korg rackmount tuner, BBE 362 sonic maximizer, Boss EQ pedal, tube screamer, Wah, and rotovibe. How do I set it up to get little noise, and no distortion in my signal?

The more links in the chain, the weaker the chain is – meaning that you don’t have to have all of that at the same time.
      Decide which you want: the Digitech or the TubeScreamer and EQ. The 2120 has tube distortion and EQ, so unless you are getting a totally unique and definable sound using both pedals and rack, I would say drop the pedals or keep them only as backups (an A/B switch is great for this situation).
      Also make sure your Input volume on the 2120 isn’t cranked too high – if you distort or peak going in to the unit then you’ll distort on clean settings.
      If you are using the 2120 only for its effects (Chorus, Flange, etc) then run the TS into the EQ, then into the F/X Return of the 2120, then into the Wah and Roto, then run the 2120 Output to the amp or into the BBE then into the amp.
      Preamp effects go first (EQ, Distortions, etc) with specialty effects (Wah) next, and then to the amp.

Anonymous

I’ve accidentally replaced that patch

Anonymous

Listen to 9 songs from recently released Classical Guitar CD "Rhapsody" by Francisco burgos. Includes three original compositions. http://www.mp3.com/franciscoburgos

Anonymous

Listen to 9 songs from recently released Classical Guitar CD "Rhapsody" by Francisco burgos. Includes three original compositions

Anonymous

HOW TO SET UP A DIGITECH GSP 21 PRO GUITAR PROCESSOR!

This popular thread has been given its own page : HOW TO SET UP A DIGITECH GSP 21 PRO GUITAR PROCESSOR!

Anonymous

Any guitarists out there into the leslie thing? Please email with thoughts, tips, tricks, links, etc.
      Have been hooked on leslies since I first heard Lonnie Mack’s Wham, 150 yrs. ago

Anonymous

Hipshot Tremsetter....does it really work?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hipshot Tremsetter….does it really work?

Anonymous

Oh yeah, Technotronic, Emjay, Jennifer Lopez this is what i call music.

Anonymous

Disco is for fags and pussies. Shut the hell up.

Anonymous

: Hello everyone,
      : I view a few threads of curiosity concerning the TransPerformance self tuning guitar. Not many people know about the tuning, but have a desire to write creatively by using alternat tunings. It is now possible with this computerized mechanical tuning system. Check it out at http://www.selftuning.com

The Self Tunning Guitar is something. I visited the web site a long time ago and could see the advantages of owning a Self Tunning Guitar. The really great guitar players are buying the self tunners because they can change tunnings withing a song at the click of a button.

The Self Tunning Guitar expands the ability of the greatest guitar players. It would also be nice to own even if you did not change tunning within a song. Just get the guitar out push a button and it’s in tune. It takes the hassle out of keeping your guitar in tune.

Did you ever tune you guitar special for a certain key, to play a certain song? You have to have certain chords be absolutely perfect for certain songs. And in reality we do not have a perfect music scale. So we have to use a compromise tunning that is acceptable in all chord formations, and on every position on the neck, but it is a commpromise, and not an absolutely perfect tunning, no matter how good your guitar intonnation is. If you have perfect relative pitch, you need to hear a perfect chord in some songs. A self tunning guitar could be preset so that certain chord formation produce absolutely perfect chords in certain postiions of the neck. This is a great advantage to those who have perfect relative pitch.

I think that someday all high end guitars will come with self tunning computer mechnisms. But right now that is not the case. You can buy a A Telecaster Or Les Paul from the company that makes the self tunning mechanism, or you can have it installed on your guitar. But it’s not cheap, darn it.

I sure wish I could have the self tunning mechansm added to my Fender Telecaster. How nice that would be. To those who have big bucks, the Self tunner is more than a toy, especially if you have advanced in your guitar playing enough to appreciate the advantages this innovative guitar tunning computer mechanism brings to you.

Check out the web site where this self tunner is on display.

Are you advanced enough to need a Self tunning guitar to play the most creative of all Guitar Music, using different tunnings within a song?

Robert Lee Johnson
      The Guitar Man

http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Anonymous

hi. my name is Tarren and i’m a 17/m/australia. what i would like to know is where i can find a site that has heaps,heaps of different guitar tunnings and how to do them. eg D G C F A D how to get it- tune the 7th fret of the E string to the A string. Retune the rest of the guitar as in normal tunning. etc…. i would like to know how to do heaps and heaps of them as i’m a serious guitar player and when i’m listening to cds of mine they all have different tunnings. and when i play i want the sound to match the cd if u know what i mean. so i would like to know if u know a site which has a list of them and how to do it as i have shown above in the example. it would be VERY much appriciated and i would also be very grateful if u can help me out. if not please try and contact me on my email where i could find them. Thanks alot TARREN

Anonymous

Hank Garland is one of the Greats of Both Country Music and Bebop Jazz Guitar. He came to Nashville to play as a professional on the Grand Ole Opry when he was only 15 years old.

Hank Garland Played on Elvis Recordings, and most all the popular Records made in Nashville until 1961. He Also played on Jazz Recordings by George Shearing. Hank Garland also Played in the Birdland Jazz Club in New York City.

Hank Garland made Country Music Guitar Instrumental Recordings and Modern Jazz Guitar Recordings.

I have an extensive Web Page on Hank Garland if anyone is interested. He is one of the Guitar Greats.

My Hank Garland Web Page

http://www3.50megs.com/dobro222/greatguitarist_hank_garland.html

Robert Lee Johnson
      The Guitar Man

http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Anonymous

If your sole desire is to play fast, stay with the pick. I have been playing with fingers for about 15 years. This is after playing with a pick for 15 years, and I have never been able to play as fast. But this is a small sacrafice for what playing with you finger can offer.

Anonymous

Is Metallica Greedy?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Is Metallica Greedy?

Anonymous

While I agree with robb’s comments on sound, you have to start somewhere. I have several lessons posted at the Wholenote guitar site that should help. Go to http://www.wholenote.com , click on lessons and scroll down to Flamenco. My lessons apply to most fingerstyle playing, not just Flamenco. Real life examples of these appear at http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham , Jim

: Ive been thinking about switching to finger picking. Is that real hard to play fast with? I can use a pick fast, I can move my fingers fast on the guitar or piano, I can play fast on one string at a time with a bow on a violin but I cant finger pick fast at all – not even on one string at a time. Is finger picking the hardest thing to get fast with? Can someone recomend a good instructional video for a beginer for classical guitar – I cant afford lessons.

Anonymous

CAN ANY ONE TELL WHAT COMPANY MAKES GOTOH PICKUPS ARE WHO OWNS GOTOH IKNOW ITS A JAPAN BASE COMPANY

Anonymous

i play classical. it’s very easy for me to play fast, but i’ve been doing it for almost 30 years.

i think you might want to consider the SOUND, rather than speed for a while. it’s a big adjustment getting rid of the pick and your primary concern should probably be tone, at least until you develop your technique a little.

Anonymous

Here’s some humorous perspective on the Napster MP3 debate…

http://theonion.com/onion3618/kid_rock_starves.html

Anonymous

Ive been thinking about switching to finger picking. Is that real hard to play fast with? I can use a pick fast, I can move my fingers fast on the guitar or piano, I can play fast on one string at a time with a bow on a violin but I cant finger pick fast at all – not even on one string at a time. Is finger picking the hardest thing to get fast with? Can someone recomend a good instructional video for a beginer for classical guitar – I cant afford lessons.

Anonymous

A bit late but here’s my view. I was taught classical guitar through the traditional method of AMEB and my picking style is as fast as any one could ever want. My flat pick style is not so great but isn’t needed. So stop looking for easy ways out, it takes years of practice and dedication to be great at something.

Anonymous

Soundgenerator.com is now activly looking for talented musicians and bands. The A&R dept is currently running a top 10 mp3 chart and are scouting for talent for the future, so if you wish to be involved please regester first and submit via e-mail or the mp3 artist board your material

Please register now to become a member of the foremost website for musicians and the music industry in the world. You will be able to search for anything from a CD to a studio to a sampler/find a musician for your band/submit a demo to a label/find a song for your artiste/ find a venue for your band and much, much more. We aim to give to you all of this under one site.
      http://www.soundgenerator.com

Anonymous

Hello everyone,
      I view a few threads of curiosity concerning the TransPerformance self tuning guitar. Not many people know about the tuning, but have a desire to write creatively by using alternat tunings. It is now possible with this computerized mechanical tuning system. Check it out at http://www.selftuning.com

Anonymous

: Hey

: I just bought my first guitar(Takamine EG-230)and whenever i play the low e string on like the 5th fret it seems to make a buzzing noise. the same thing happens when i strum the high pitched e on the 2nd fret. I not sure if this is normal or if their is something wrong w/my guitar. Iknow it’s not a tuning problem though because i have an electronic tuner although it says that its off on those two chords for a weird reason although it says the open string for each chord is right. Please reply if anyone has advice. thanx

First of all,..it’s a Tak. (nice guitar! good choice!)
      Your problem boils down completely to matters of string set-up and action from the sound of it,..nothing wrong with the guitar itself per se.
      The buzzing could happen for several reasons,..ALL of them easily corrected, and probably free if you just bought the guitar and the store stands behind what they sell. (I’ve done my own guitar and bass tech-work for years,…it’s worth learning,..but not a necessity.)
      The string "cack" (as in "cacking-out" or buzzing) is either the result of : A) Too much back warp in the neck,…loosen the truss rod slightly to correct, or
      B) A high fret or two,…have the store you bought it at give it a fret-dressing to even out fret-heights on the fingerboard,…Don’t try it yourself unless you Know what you’re doing.

Being as you didn’t mention whether the 5th/7th/12th fret harmonics on each string were properly pitched when it’s in-tune open,…I doubt it’s an intonation problem,..more likely just the fret causing false harmonics where it touches the string and causes the buzzing.
      Once you’ve decided on the guage and type of string you like on your guitar,…it IS a good idea to have the intonation set-up on it via the bridge saddles,…if it’s a one piece compensated bridge it’s fiddly but still a necessity if you want to be in-pitch all the way up the neck.
      Don’t worry,..it’s minor guitar maintenance no matter what you own, and easily remedied relatively fast and cheaply.

Anonymous

visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

: : : visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs. i would like to get some bass tabs for the red hot chilli peppers

Anonymous

i would like to find some tabs for enrique iglesias the song hero

Anonymous

I Fart in your general direction

Anonymous

Does the the BOSS GT3 make any NOISE or HUM when hooked up to  the AMP

This popular thread has been given its own page : Does the the BOSS GT3 make any NOISE or HUM when hooked up to the AMP

Anonymous

yo mama is so hairy they filmed gorillas in the mist in her shower

Anonymous

Is there a secret to getting nicks out of an acoustic flattop without causing damage? Is it with a wet cloth and ironing board? If done professionally, how much should I pay to have someone take nicks/scataches out?

Anonymous

Just thought some of you might be interested to know that I have invented a tremolo that blows the Floyd Rose completely away! I am trying to get Peavey to work with me on the invention. Peavey has a better web site now and a good forum so if you get a chance and have the time post a question to me and maybe I can get so notice from Hartley.
      I have shown the New Prototype ( which works great) to some friends and the response has been very good!
      Next step is to make one that is closer to the final product. Which I just ahppen to know how to do!

Anonymous

I agree with your comments about picking up on the little accidents in your playing and on this basis here is my new practice routine 😉

Warmup 10 minutes – Place my hands in a freezer. (I find this helps cultivate the mistakes in my playing.

15 minutes – Bum notes ( Cram as many bum notes into 15 minutes as is humanly possible ). If I play a good note then I must start from scratch. I’ts no use just leaving it in or I will come to accept good notes as part of my practice routine.
      15 minutes – Fumbling and dropping my plectrum.

Etc, etc.

No seriously a good post by Rob, I just couldn’t resist taking the p£ss.

It is often the bits I play when I’m not thinking about it too much that surprise me.

Regards

Ben

Anonymous

: Hi,

: i’m new here. I’m wonderring. Should the G string on a guitar sit a bit back or a bit forward on the bridge (nut, saddle, whatever it’s called?). I say back. Am I wrong? Please help me. Silly question. But thanks in advance.

: Sincerely
      : Harpo

I think you are talking intonation. Thier is never a right question of where it sits. The guitar is made of wood, so the intonation is not exact on every guitar, you should ethier learn how to check the intonation, or send it to the shop

Anonymous

Try ringing some guitarshops in your area that have a Teaching School, often the teachers may be looking for a gig, some might even offer to help you out on a temp basis. The teachers are trained and most have a gigging background, good luck in your search.

Chris
      http://www.1800instruments.com
      Australia’s On-Line Guitar Shop

: What have you found to be the most effective method to recruiting musicians? I am in a position that I need to find a rhythm guitarist/backup singer…I’m in a fairly large market (Chicago), and I imagine the work will be overwhelming unless I find a way to weed out the underqualified early. My band has just been booked at a local bar through December, so it’s important that I do this quickly…suggestions? Thanks.

: P.S. If you are a guitarist based out of the south side/south suburbs of Chicago, you know some music theory, have your own equipment, like rock/funk/blues, and are willing to commit to 2-3 nights per week, I’d like to talk to you. Email me at [email protected]. We aren’t looking for a lead man, so if that’s your interest, you should look elsewhere…..please forward this message…

Anonymous

Hi,

i’m new here. I’m wonderring. Should the G string on a guitar sit a bit back or a bit forward on the bridge (nut, saddle, whatever it’s called?). I say back. Am I wrong? Please help me. Silly question. But thanks in advance.

Sincerely
      Harpo

Anonymous

Great post. I have some thoughts on the issue that I’d like to share…

I would argue that the only way to develop your own sound in music is to see what others before you have done. Most people start as imitators of several artists, but eventually these ideas fuse into a vocabulary that is uniquely ‘them.’

A parallel can be drawn in learning to public speak. Speech students watch the masters (JFK, Jesse Jackson, Martin Luther King, Jr., etc.), and see what mannerisms and tendencies they have that make them good speakers. Student imitates these things, then incorporates them.

The other point is that ‘sound’ in terms of choice of amp, effect, etc., and ‘sound’ in terms of musical vocabulary are not the same thing. I could play through a rig identical to Wes Montgomery’s, but there is no way in HELL I would ever sound like him…

I started as a heavily SRV, Jimi, EVH influenced guitarist. Today if you heard a solo you might say "I can tell he’s influenced by [insert famous guy’s name here]," but I’d never be pegged as an imitator. That’s part of the maturing process…You learn to play what you hear, and then it becomes a part of you that is less tangible then a set of notes or numbers or whatever, and it becomes enmeshed with all the other ‘stuff’ you’ve learned.

In fact, at this point, I do most of my learning on guitar AWAY from the instrument. My chops are about where I want them to be at the moment, so most of the time I just think about playing…new solo ideas, new chord progressions, etc…

Subtle differences, perhaps, and I don’t mean to offend or start a fight…just my perspective. Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

I have many emails from budding guitar players asking advice on achieving their own
      sound. Whilst a certain amplifier and guitar will probably give you a sense of achieving
      that, it’s by no means the answer. (by the way I like Marshalls!)
      Learn from yourself, because you actually hold the key to it. OK, it’s great to sound like
      Hendrix or Stevie and I may add takes a hell of a lot of talent to do this, but
      unfortunately it won’t get you very far in the big game.

Hendrix & Stevie were successful because they had their own thing happening.

Start taping every jam you have, whether it’s practising along with a backing track or
      with a band. Listen to it the next day as you will discover 1 or 2 riffs you played "by
      accident" that you didn’t pick up on at the time – learn those accidents.
      Do this continously and you will start to "catalouge" a series of your own riffs to use for
      your improvisations.

You will find you will start moving away from the "you gotta use this new amp or
      pedal…you’ll sound like Hendrix" syndrome (usually hyped by clever marketing
      professionals) and start discovering yourself as an individual player on the field, thus
      giving yourself an edge.

Appreciate and respect the great guitar players you admire, but search for your own
      thing.

Kind Regards
      RobTog
      http://www.mp3.com/robtognoni

Anonymous

Ben; Thanx 4 the hook up

Anonymous

What have you found to be the most effective method to recruiting musicians? I am in a position that I need to find a rhythm guitarist/backup singer…I’m in a fairly large market (Chicago), and I imagine the work will be overwhelming unless I find a way to weed out the underqualified early. My band has just been booked at a local bar through December, so it’s important that I do this quickly…suggestions? Thanks.

Joe

P.S. If you are a guitarist based out of the south side/south suburbs of Chicago, you know some music theory, have your own equipment, like rock/funk/blues, and are willing to commit to 2-3 nights per week, I’d like to talk to you. Email me at [email protected]. We aren’t looking for a lead man, so if that’s your interest, you should look elsewhere…..please forward this message…

Anonymous

http://www.olga.net

use the search engine. it’s a music bonanza.

Anonymous

What do you think about the Seymour Duncan Custom SH-5?

This popular thread has been given its own page : What do you think about the Seymour Duncan Custom SH-5?

Anonymous

Attention Lefties,parents &friends of Lefties…Check out the Acoustic Guitar Conversion Kit at http://www.leftgtar.com
      This is a revolution for left-handed players.

Anonymous

I’ve got a bunch of them listed on the Links page of my website that I find useful as a guitarist.

Check them out at http://www.bensnet.fsnet.co.uk

Regards

Ben

Anonymous

What I’d suggest is using some sequencing software like Cubase or Cakewalk and setting everything up to sync. with midi.

This way you could send the click track to your onstage monitors but not to the house PA so only you hear it.

Hope this helps some.

Ben

http://www.bensnet.fsnet.co.uk

Anonymous

I have made backing tracks
      of commercial songs in order to play guitar
      and sing along with live.

But – not all songs have a continuous backing
      track all the way through. Some songs have
      just guitar and vocals unaccompanied with
      other instruments only kicking in mid song.

The way I have been getting round this is
      to use a click track to give me an idea of
      the songs tempo. This is really annoying
      though for the audience to listen to the
      whole 1-2-3-4 thing all the time.

Is there any way of kicking the backing track
      in manually, by a foot switch connected to
      a cd-player or something?

Anonymous

Does anyone know of any good musicians chat sites.One with
      real musicians and not a bunch of kidz talk’in about nothing?

Anonymous

: Does anyone know of any good musicians chat sites.One with : real musicians and not a bunch of kidz talk`in about nothing?

Anonymous

I saw your message and I am also looking for those kinds of pages. Did you get any good replies? I would be very thankful if you would send me some URL’s.
      -Anna

Anonymous

Anyone out there own a SUZUKI guitar?
      Is it consider a fair quality guitar to learn on?
      Please give me some commend. Thanks.

Anonymous

Well Grace, I picked up a Suzuki w-150 recently s/h. It was knocked around a bit but when I cleaned it up I was pleased with what I saw. When I put a set of new strings on it, I was delighted! I adjusted the action by lowering the bridge saddle and the neck fits like a glove. Better yet, the tone was equivalent to or better than much more expensive guitars. I paid under $100 at a local fleamarket for this guitar and I feel real guilty that I paid so little. Don’t go paying thousands of dollars for a "better quality" acoustic until you can afford to do so. If you are happy with the guitar you have and the tone you getting from it and it satisfies your needs now, hang on to it. You will know when it’s time to "upgrade". Cheers.

Anonymous

I’m doing a lot of covers at the moment. I’ve found plenty of sites with lyrics to pop and rock songs. But is there a site with music or just chords as well?

Anonymous

Your guitars intonation and string height probably needs to be professionally set up. If you bought this guitar from a music store,bring it back, and shame on them for letting it out the door that way, If you bought it somewhere else, then bring it to a music store and have it done. It may cost a few dollars, but you can’t learn to play on an improperly set up guitar.

Anonymous

Hey

I just bought my first guitar(Takamine EG-230)and whenever i play the low e string on like the 5th fret it seems to make a buzzing noise. the same thing happens when i strum the high pitched e on the 2nd fret. I not sure if this is normal or if their is something wrong w/my guitar. Iknow it’s not a tuning problem though because i have an electronic tuner although it says that its off on those two chords for a weird reason although it says the open string for each chord is right. Please reply if anyone has advice. thanx

Anonymous

If you are looking for a Sequencer, check out PGMusic’s PowerTracks. I just found some real cool .dll s, an AWE editor, guitar tuner, and a lot of value for 9.95. If you are considering Cakewalk for Guitar, check this one out first, you might be impressed with the amount of bang for the buck.

Anonymous

Aria Pro II - TS500

This popular thread has been given its own page : Aria Pro II – TS500

Anonymous

: Can someone possibly recommend some pick-ups for an Epiphone SG for me?

I’ve been a dedicated Seymour Duncan user for the last 7 years or so…For an SG or other guitar using a couple of humbuckers, I would HIGHLY recommend the Alnico II and Model ’59. I just tossed a couple of those bad boys into my ES-335 style guitar, and BOY do they shred. Really hot, screaming, in fact…full tone….price was not bad…I get pumped up just thinking about them….WOO!!!!

Just my two cents…

Anonymous

: Can someone possibly recommend some pick-ups for an Epiphone SG for me?

I have a Gibson Explorer, and I’m going to put in some Dimarzio Air classics into it soon. I like Dimarzio’s they are very good. You should check them out. I would recommend a couple PAF’s for your SG, it would really make it sound Gibson like

Anonymous

Can someone possibly recommend some pick-ups for an Epiphone SG for me?

Anonymous

Matt try a trip over to the Ask the Pickup Makers Forum at http://venus.beseen.com/boardroom/s/26921/ The dudes that hang there are Pickup nuts and are straight shooters too boot, they should be able to offer useful advice. Chris http://www.1800instruments.com Australia’s On-Line Guitar Shop : Can someone possibly recommend some pick-ups for an Epiphone SG for me?

Anonymous

I’ve got a Digitech 2120, a Roland JC120, Korg rackmount tuner, BBE 362 sonic maximizer, Boss EQ pedal, tube screamer, Wah, and rotovibe. How do I set it up to get little noise, and no distortion in my signal?

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been lost]

Anonymous

a friend told me i could wrap my pickups with more copper wire to make them hotter. how do you do this?what tools do you need? thnx anyone who can help 🙂

Anonymous

you cannot ADD copper wire to an existing pickup, what you need to do is remove all the old wire and rewind the pickup with more coils of wire, over winding the bobbin makes them hotter (all other things being equal). I’m not an expert but I know the theory behind pickup winding by reading books. Try a trip over to the Ask the Pickup Makers Forum at : http://venus.beseen.com/boardroom/s/26921/ : The dudes that hang there are Pickup nuts and are straight shooters too boot, they should be able to offer useful advice. : Chris : http://www.1800instruments.com : Australia’s On-Line Guitar Shop : a friend told me i could wrap my pickups with more copper wire to make them hotter. how do you do this?what tools do you need? thnx anyone who can help 🙂

Anonymous

Just off the top of my head…

Id want a Jackson Soloist modified so it has a sustainer system… and a normal soloist.. a Jackson PC1…

A Gibson Les Paul Custom, A Fender Fat Strat with all the perks.. SOme PRS’s a nice ESP Kirk Hammet model, a Hetfield one too…

THERE ARE SOOO MANY I WANT!!!

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

If you could have any Guitar You wanted, and as many guitars as you wanted, what guitars would you own?
      I have a 1984 Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez JS2000, and an Ibanez JS100.

Anonymous

i would have a fender tele or a yemaha sg or gibson sg and a martin accostic or a white falcon or country gental man thats my dream guitat

Anonymous

well id have to have a gretsch white falcon a ’61 re-issue gibson SG (red of course) a fender jaguar (pre cbs) a fender stratocaster (white with the bridge pickup replace with a humbucker) a gibson les paul (silverburst) and last but not least a gibson explorer (black)

Anonymous

: What’s a good price for a new 4×10 Fender Deville? I was recently quoted 625. I love the sound of this amp, but have little experience with it. Any others that have used a Deville, I would appreciate comments/feedback….

Thats a bargain!! I see them for like 30, that is a very good deal, go for it!!

Anonymous

: First of all I wanted to get the delay effect. So I figured that I had to get a delay pedal. Recently, I wanted to get a Line6 POD because it had many effects on it. It looks like one of the effects is delay. I heard that you can store sounds/settings on the Line6.
      :
      : So my first question: Is the delay effect of the Line6 POD the same as the delay effect of a delay pedal?
      :
      : My second question: Is there a pedal or some kind of device that can switch between stored sounds/settings on the Line6 while playing???

First off, if you really want delay from Line6, they came up with a Delay Modulator 70, which has all the delay you want. Yes it does have the delay of regular stomp box. If you are intent on the POD, I know what you need. For like 30 Line6 makes a Floorboard, kinda like midi controller, which you could control your effects with. Why don’t you just buy a regular effects-processor, for a fraction of that. You will be paying in inxs of 00 for the POD, and the floorboard. For 60 you could get a KORG Ax1000G, which is pretty cool, or a Boss Gt3 for like 80. Both will give you more than the pod, a little less confusing, and cost a fraction

Anonymous

First of all I wanted to get the delay effect. So I figured that I had to get a delay pedal. Recently, I wanted to get a Line6 POD because it had many effects on it. It looks like one of the effects is delay. I heard that you can store sounds/settings on the Line6.

So my first question: Is the delay effect of the Line6 POD the same as the delay effect of a delay pedal?

My second question: Is there a pedal or some kind of device that can switch between stored sounds/settings on the Line6 while playing???

Anonymous

how much is metallic blue 1991 fender strat plus worth?

Anonymous

: how much is metallic blue 1991 fender strat plus worth? hey, funny thing I think I bought the exact same guitar as you, and as well i’ve been trying to find a pic but its impossible. Anyway I contacted some dude at fender and this is some info i’ve found. Rob- That sounds like a 1991 U.S. Strat Ultra. There is a spec sheet included below. Thanks again, John Willis Consumer Relations MODEL NAME: U.S. Strat Ultra MODEL NUMBER: 110-9800-(Color#) NECK: Maple BODY:Alder with Highly Figured Maple Top and Back FINGERBOARD: Ebony with Mother of Pearl Dot Inlays (9.5” Radius/241 mm), Medium Jumbo Frets NO. OF FRETS: 22 SCALE LENGTH: 25.5” (648 mm) WIDTH AT NUT: LSR Roller Nut, 1.6875” (43 mm) HARDWARE: Chrome MACHINE HEADS: Polished Fender Locking Keys BRIDGE: Fender Floyd Rose Tremolo PICKGUARD: White Pearloid PICKUPS: Blue Lace Sensor (Neck), Gold Lace Sensor (Mid), Dual Red (Bridge) PICKUP SWITCHING: Special 5 Position Blade with3 Position Bridge Pickup Selector CONTROLS: Master Volume, Tone (Neck), TBX (Mid & Bridge) COLORS: (806) Black, (828) Crimson Burst, (836) Blue Burst, (837) Antique Burst STRINGS: Fender Super 250L’s (.009 to .042) Nickel Plated Steel pn#073-0250-003 SOURCE: U.S. U.S. MSRP: $1,799.99 STATUS: DISCONTINUED ACCESSORIES: Ultra Molded Case, Strap, Cable INTRODUCED: 1990 DISCONTINUED: 7/1998

Anonymous

What’s a good price for a new 4×10 Fender Deville? I was recently quoted 625. I love the sound of this amp, but have little experience with it. Any others that have used a Deville, I would appreciate comments/feedback….

Joe

Anonymous

My wife plays an old Hudson P-bass and we don’t Know anything about it.

Anonymous

Unfortunately it wasn’t possible to post messages to this
      discussion page for a few days but we have fixed the problem
      and you can now begin posting again!

Anonymous

i got a 64 or 65 vox 12 string electric sunburst teardrop ,with awammy bar can some body please let me know what it might be worth you can go to billymarquis.com then scrapbook and a picture of the ax is there ,, need help thanks billy marquis

Anonymous

if you’re from the US, the theory books by Bruce Benward are extremely easy to read and cover everything you need to know.

if you’re "separated by a common language" (ie. england or australia, etc), i recommend The ABC’s of Music" by imogen holst (daughter of composer gustav holst, i’m told).

many musical terms are different depending on which language (english or english) you speak.

Anonymous

: I just took my first guitar lesson last night and I am stoked.
      : However, I suspect my teacher has a tendency to blow through discussions of music theory way too fast. I got this feeling when he was aplogizing for/explaining the importance of basic chord and scale practice. "The building blocks of a solid playing style, etc…"

: While I am convinced that his logic is sound and his approach effective, his explanation was convoluted. Even upon asking for clarification, I gained only slightly more understanding.
      Buy some sort of theory book, and maybe if there is a thesauras of music terms, buy that too. Or simple ask him to talk in simpler terms. Hang tough, the first couple of years could be frustrating. You aren’t playing what you want, and you stuck doing homework, but it pays off. Learn as much as you could about thoery, different styles of music, and most importently practice.
      : My question is this: How can I gain a beginner’s level understanding of theory so the language he uses doesn’t go right over my head when he loses himself in his enthusiasm?

Anonymous

I just took my first guitar lesson last night and I am stoked.
      However, I suspect my teacher has a tendency to blow through discussions of music theory way too fast. I got this feeling when he was aplogizing for/explaining the importance of basic chord and scale practice. "The building blocks of a solid playing style, etc…"

While I am convinced that his logic is sound and his approach effective, his explanation was convoluted. Even upon asking for clarification, I gained only slightly more understanding.

My question is this: How can I gain a beginner’s level understanding of theory so the language he uses doesn’t go right over my head when he loses himself in his enthusiasm?

Anonymous

Hi everyone,I have a quick question maybe someone can
      help me out with.I’m looking for a good,inexpensive
      software package that will allow me to record some rough"sketch-pad"ideas on guitar without alot of fuss.
      I,m no genius when it comes to computers so the easier
      the better.I’m not into midi,sounds lame to my ears.Thanx for your time.

Anonymous

If you’re talking about guys like Brent Mason then here’s how I achieve a similar sound using my pod.

I use my bridge pickup and select one of the Class A amp models such as a fender twin.

Then set the sound clean so it only breaks up if you really hammer the strings, add a short slapback delay and some compression to even out the attack then maybe a bit of reverb.

Good luck.

Ben Jackson

Anonymous

I have a telecaster & a Fender ultra chorus, but I want to know what to set my knobs at to achieve today’s country lead guitar sound. The sound that comes to mind is either Merle Haggards guitarists or Alan Jackson’s. It’s hard to describe the sound, but if you think you know what I’m talking about, please let me know. thanks

Anonymous

: I’ve tried out a whack of distortion pedals and nothing is cool.
      : Currently playing a US strat thru a 70’s Twin Reverb.
      : The problem being is that this amp is mint clean. i also use a BOSS OD-3 which i love, but for a better distortion boost with awesome tone, what do i use!
      : Looking for a general, alternative sound.
      I reccomend this to a lot of Alt players. Buy a Ratt pedal, these things sound cool. The first one I heard, came off a Foo Fighters record, and I have liked them ever since. Try it out

Anonymous

I have a CBS Masterworks bass guitar. I purchased it off of a friend in Toronto in 1973 for 90. It has the exact same dimensions as a 1970 Fender Jazz bass, except on the head it says CBS Masterworks. I can’t find any info on this guitar anywhere and would appreciate any input you have.
      Thanks

Barry

Anonymous

I’ve tried out a whack of distortion pedals and nothing is cool.
      Currently playing a US strat thru a 70’s Twin Reverb.
      The problem being is that this amp is mint clean. i also use a BOSS OD-3 which i love, but for a better distortion boost with awesome tone, what do i use!
      Looking for a general, alternative sound.

Anonymous

i am searching for the original precision bass wiring diagram. please , please send it to me

Anonymous

I would plug the effects unit into the amps effects loop if it has one. This will bypass the Marshalls preamp and should sound a lot better.

Ben Jackson

Anonymous

How do you become a studio guitarist?

This popular thread has been given its own page : How do you become a studio guitarist?

Anonymous

I got a new marshall half stack this weekend, and I love it. I was originally going to plug my OLD zoom 9030 effects box into it, through the "clean" channel. But I got a little tiny sound out of the stack, and going straight into the head using the "stock" gain, it has a great, HUGE sound. With that premise my question is, do ALL multieffects make the stack sound worse? … or is it just the early 90s electronics in the zoom 9030? I was thinking about getting a Roland GT-3 muliteffects, but now I am hesitant! Should I shy away from multi effects or what? feedback appreciated by all.

Anonymous

3 English musos travelling from Memphis to New Orleans early june anybody recommend places, clubs to see
      like to see local musos in action

Anonymous

Have you checked out sounds of Listen yet?

http://www.listenhome.com

Viewing 211 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.