Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

hi

hi
how ru???

Re: hi

i have a headache this morning and my butt itches..any other great questions?

hi

<script language="javascript1.2">

</script>

Aria Pro II Cardinal Series CBS 450 Model

I would like some general information on this particular instrument. I recently purchased one for $150.00 W/case. Can someone PLEASE provide: Year,Wood-type, Etc.. Is it a short scale???? thanks

Re: Aria Pro II Cardinal Series CBS 450 Model

Go to ariausa.com or serach for aria guitars. I own a Pro II Cardinal Series CS-400 dated in the 80's. It is my staple guitar, even with gibsons to choose from, I always go back to my aria.

gretsch?

i have a red monkees model gretsch all original with two tinny scraches. i dont know how much it is worth,so i was wandering if i can get an estimate here? thank you jam-n johnny ross

Re: gretsch?

Hi- Sorry to just send this, hope you don't think I'm weird. I am just wondering if you are the same Johnny Ross who used to work at a theatre (AMC Eastland 6) many many years ago, with Shannon, John,Kristin Thomas, Mark, Bacon, Jeff P., Eric, Gretchen (that'd be me) etc.???? I'm just flippin' through the JOhn Ross' on google.com and there are too many! The John Ross I knew played guitar, went to Pickerington High school and was good at com puters, just thought I would see if you were him. If you are and you remember me, please send me an email, if not, no worries, just ignore this confusing message. Ok, bye!
Peace, Gretchen

: i have a red monkees model gretsch all original with two tinny scraches. i dont know how much it is worth,so i was wandering if i can get an estimate here? thank you jam-n johnny ross

:i believe it's worth 2000 or so. I am looking, so if you or any one else are selling one please feel free contact me, thank you

:i believe it's worth 2000 or so. I am looking, so if you or any one else are selling one please feel free contact me, thank you

Lyle 12 string

I recently inhereted a Lyle 12 string semi-hollow body guitar. I have never heard of this brand. Does anyone know anything about this maker, and any other info? Thanks!

Re: Lyle 12 string

Ihave a 6 string Lyle that I got used in 1970. They are/were a fairly low cost beginner/intermediate guitar. My Lyle has mellowed beautifully and now sounds great. These guitars were made in Japan and they even made an electric Lyle about which I know nothing. Either hang on to the Lyle, or if you'd consider selling it, contact me and maybe we can work something out.

Whatever happend to STEVE LYNCH

I was wondering if anyone knows what happend to Steve Lynch from Autograph. Just in case your wondering, he was an 8 finger guitar player. He is friggin amazing, and I am suprised that he doesn't get more recognition. If you want to hear something cool from him, download the song "HammerHead off Napster. That is Steves instrumental.
jason

Re: Whatever happend to STEVE LYNCH

Did you find out?
if so, please let me know. I too am impresed by the wonderful fingering by Steve, but
haven't known of since '94

Toni

YEAH I KNOW HES MY GUITAR TEACHER MIKE

Check out his site at http://SteveLynch.info

It rocks!!!

Check out his site at <a href="http://SteveLynch.info">http://SteveLynch.info</a>

It rocks!!!

Just to let you know, Steve Lynch is now a guitar teacher in a music store in Washington. He's still friggin' amazing, in fact he's my teacher and he's trying to teach me all that eight finger stuff.

: I was wondering if anyone knows what happend to Steve Lynch from Autograph. Just in case your wondering, he was an 8 finger guitar player. He is friggin amazing, and I am suprised that he doesn't get more recognition. If you want to hear something cool from him, download the song "HammerHead off Napster. That is Steves instrumental.
: jason

Steve was in the class six months ahead of me at GIT (I graduated in September of 1979.) Even back then he was an inovative and very talented player. He was doing that 8 finger thing long before anyone I had ever heard was doing it. Glad to hear he is still around and playing.

: : I was wondering if anyone knows what happend to Steve Lynch from Autograph. Just in case your wondering, he was an 8 finger guitar player. He is friggin amazing, and I am suprised that he doesn't get more recognition. If you want to hear something cool from him, download the song "HammerHead off Napster. That is Steves instrumental.
: : jason

I played with him in buenos aires, 1993

I played several shows with Steve Lynch in Buenos Aires in 1993. He did a Crate Tour. I have pictures playing together and an "Autograph" form him.
I´m trying to contact him again.

I want mp3 hindi songs downloadable software

I want mp3 hindi songs downloadable software

This popular thread has been given its own page : I want mp3 hindi songs downloadable software

THE EASIEST WAY TO LEARN LEAD GUITAR.........

Visit acetutor.net and download my e-book ...you will need microsoft reader and windows 98 to read it..you can down microsoft reader from the same page ...follow the 'tuition' link.

Re: THE EASIEST WAY TO LEARN LEAD GUITAR.........

: Visit acetutor.net and download my e-book ...you will need microsoft reader and windows 98 to read it..you can down microsoft reader from the same page ...follow the 'tuition' link.
I'm not being smart . PRACTICE more. Scales,scales,scales.

: : Visit acetutor.net and download my e-book ...you will need microsoft reader and windows 98 to read it..you can down microsoft reader from the same page ...follow the 'tuition' link.
: I'm not being smart . PRACTICE more. Scales,scales,scales.

There's NO "easy" way to do anything worthwhile!
If you have a passion for it and are absolutely obsessed and driven then it seems easier because you enjoy every second with your guitar in your hands.
Otherwise it will seem hard but you can still get there with the correct teaching aids. Just remember it's 99% hard work and 1% talent.

I cant agree........50% is talent and the other 50 is work....it has to be in you or else you will never get to an interesting level..

: Visit acetutor.net and download my e-book ...you will need microsoft reader and windows 98 to read it..you can down microsoft reader from the same page ...follow the 'tuition' link.

Get some of the great products from www.pgmusic.com you won't regret it.

olverini clarissa roundback

anybody heared of this one? Italia made 6-string.

Re: olverini clarissa roundback

I have a clarissa roundback semi-acoustic bass guitar and also am interested in any info about this make. This bass does not play well but does for practising. the intonation goes doolally further down the neck and therefore unsuitable for live performance. I play in a band called aerialdevice and play a STATUS GRAPHITE as my main bass and have and ARIA PRO as me backup.

Re: olverini clarissa roundback

I have a clarissa roundback semi-acoustic bass guitar and also am interested in any info about this make. This bass does not play well but does for practising. the intonation goes doolally further down the neck and therefore unsuitable for live performance. I play in a band called aerialdevice and play a STATUS GRAPHITE as my main bass and have and ARIA PRO as me backup.

steve miller's JUNGLE LOVE

I NEED THIS TAB!!!! please give any info you can ! thank you so much

JUNGLE LOVE TAB!!!!

I really need this tab!! Any info at all would be appreciated!! thank you so much

CAN'T DECIDE..VOX 15 CAMBRIDGE,TECH 21 10,MINI-CRATE?, mesa subway help

I live too far away to test all of these mini amps...my only reference is an old princeton I just lost (stolen) and too pricey to rplace...anyone can give me a good reason to buy one over another in the practice amp arena? Used for recording direct and mic'd and really loved my princeton. Thanks for all help, loudness not a factor...need big sound in semi-quiet area.

Re: CAN'T DECIDE..VOX 15 CAMBRIDGE,TECH 21 10,MINI-CRATE?, mesa subway help

: I live too far away to test all of these mini amps...my only reference is an old princeton I just lost (stolen) and too pricey to rplace...anyone can give me a good reason to buy one over another in the practice amp arena? Used for recording direct and mic'd and really loved my princeton. Thanks for all help, loudness not a factor...need big sound in semi-quiet area.

I hate to say it, but if you found a tone you like in the Fender then stay with it. Small amps are very moody. I hate most of them. If you find one you like you probably won't be happy with another one, at least from my experience. I had a Park 10 watt amp that I liked about 6 years ago, but only when I was playing a certain guitar. I think you will have to wait till you have time to sample all the amps out there in your price range, or just save up until you can afford the Princeton that you want. Sound is everything, there is no room for compromise, even if money is involved. Bide your time till you can get what you want.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

: : I live too far away to test all of these mini amps...my only reference is an old princeton I just lost (stolen) and too pricey to rplace...anyone can give me a good reason to buy one over another in the practice amp arena? Used for recording direct and mic'd and really loved my princeton. Thanks for all help, loudness not a factor...need big sound in semi-quiet area.

: I hate to say it, but if you found a tone you like in the Fender then stay with it. Small amps are very moody. I hate most of them. If you find one you like you probably won't be happy with another one, at least from my experience. I had a Park 10 watt amp that I liked about 6 years ago, but only when I was playing a certain guitar. I think you will have to wait till you have time to sample all the amps out there in your price range, or just save up until you can afford the Princeton that you want. Sound is everything, there is no room for compromise, even if money is involved. Bide your time till you can get what you want.

: Good luck with whatever you decide.

May I suggest a Soldano Atomic 16? It's got to be the best"small" amp on the market. Very good price/value. Will kick butt when pushing a 4-12 cab if you need to.

GET THE TECH 21 AMP. IVE HEARD IT AND ITS SUPERB

Debro guitar

I have for sale an A3960 DEBRO Guitar, purchased new in 1930 by 1 owner. Anyone interested in buying it??
Bernard Belchak P.O. Box 792 Shady Cove OR. 97539

A3960 Debro Guitar purchased new in 1930 by one owner FOR SALE

If interested in purchading or know someone who might be please let me know. Thank you, Bernie

GK-2 vs. Floyd Rose

Thinking about putting a gk-2 pick-up on a guitar with a FR trem, anybody used this with a vg-8 or gr-series synth? Will it work okay? How about vg-8/vg-88 any point in upgrading?

Re: GK-2 vs. Floyd Rose

I had trouble using a GK2 on FR equipt Jackson. As I recall, the distance between the saddles and the gk2 was too far apart on my guitar. It was close though. I did manage to get it to work, but it was unstable, resulting in some undesirable tracking.
I settled on installing it on my strat.
Try it out on yours by taping it in place to see how well it works.
Good Luck
Ron

: Thinking about putting a gk-2 pick-up on a guitar with a FR trem, anybody used this with a vg-8 or gr-series synth? Will it work okay? How about vg-8/vg-88 any point in upgrading?

Gunked up strings

My strings always get nappy too. My hands sweat quite a bit when I play, so they get nasty pretty quick. I always wipe them down (each individual string) after every time I play. That seems to help. Surprisingly, I discovered that a little guitar polish (I use Fender pump spray) on a cloth also works well. Spray some on a cloth, and wipe the string vigorously until they start singing (you'll know what I mean when you do it). Do it until the noise absolutely runs you up the wall. It works pretty good. If anyone has any questions or anything, let me know and I'll do my best to help or at least point you to someone who can.

Re: Gunked up strings

: My strings always get nappy too. My hands sweat quite a bit when I play, so they get nasty pretty quick. I always wipe them down (each individual string) after every time I play. That seems to help. Surprisingly, I discovered that a little guitar polish (I use Fender pump spray) on a cloth also works well. Spray some on a cloth, and wipe the string vigorously until they start singing (you'll know what I mean when you do it). Do it until the noise absolutely runs you up the wall. It works pretty good. If anyone has any questions or anything, let me know and I'll do my best to help or at least point you to someone who can.

Also check-out the tips & tricks at www.gusbootmusic.50megs.com

1953 Martin 00-17 What is this?

1953 Martin 00-17  What is this?

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1953 Martin 00-17 What is this?

Keeping strings bright

On the subject of keeping strings from becoming dull too quickly, I would suggest also that the salt in the sweat from your hands doesn't help matters. One product I have used from when I first bought a guitar is called 'Fast Fret', a light oil in a stick form, which you rub along the strings before and after you play. I've found this to be really effective in keeping a bright sound, especially on the bottom E and A strings.

Stopping corrosion on strings.

A simple solution, wipe the strings down thoroughly after
you finish playing. Be sure to use a clean dry cloth.

Tuning with a Floyd Rose TRemelo

Help I can't get my new Ibanez tuned with this configuration . I tune and then I change the position of the tremelo it pulls everything else out a tune. Please send me a how to hand Thanks

dont use a floyd rose

you dont need one to stay in tune....those things are like tanks on your guitar

: Help I can't get my new Ibanez tuned with this configuration . I tune and then I change the position of the tremelo it pulls everything else out a tune. Please send me a how to hand Thanks

Re: Tuning with a Floyd Rose TRemelo

First of all, has the guitar been set up properly?
If ypu are not sure how have it done. Make sure they use the string gauge your comfortable with. Make sure it is properly calibrated.
I use a trem-setter on a Jackson Professional with no problems. You can get them from Stew-Mac for about 30 bucks. Required a slight mod though
Good Luck
RJ

Re: Tuning with a Floyd Rose TRemelo

: Help I can't get my new Ibanez tuned with this configuration . I tune and then I change the position of the tremelo it pulls everything else out a tune. Please send me a how to hand Thanks

Dear Pactric;

Everyone who uses a Floyd has to learn how to set up a floating bridge. Don't give up. Search for the topic KAHLER TUNER ON CARVIN answered by mike, 10/16/00.

This responce does not address bridge set up, but it is the place to start learning the secrets of tuning this bridge.

I you need more specific directions send me an e mail.

looking for musicians

Anyone living on the Sunshine Coast in Oz interested in forming a Jazz/funk ensemble please contact. Also anyone looking for guitarist please write.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.