1964 Framus Television(solid Body)

Posted by Wyatt on Thu, 12/11/03 - 14:25:52.

I have a 1964 Framus Television in almost perfect condition, can somebody please help me on the value here? Has a lot of switches,three pick-ups,mute like bridge,brownish-gold zebra-like stripe pickgaurd,and two smaller brass pick gaurds. Is made out of birds-eye maple. Please help me out with a close guesstimate,thanks.
Wyatt

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1964 Framus Television(solid Body)

I don't know if I have a Framus Television or not. I got mine in Houston 9 years ago for $450. One button doesn't work even with the INXS guitar wizard down under working on it....what with German made and pre WWII Italian electrics, but it's sweeeeeeet. It was the German go at competing with the Fender Jaguar. Yours sounds beautiful. Mine is a sunburst with again, a mad stripy pickguard which my guitar man sad is drum kit material. You may already know these details re a Framus but if not I thought I would share.

Re: 1964 Framus Television(solid Body)

Just cruisin' thru some old bookmarks and saw your messages -- I'll be glad to give you what little info that I could find... the Blue Book of Electric Guitars is no help! No price given.
But, the Vintage Guitar Price guide ('04 edition) lists a Framus Golden Television, semi-hollow body, 3-pickup, gold hardware (ca. '67-'70) as having a value of $500 - $700, depending on condition. hth dk
www.slingerlandguitar.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.