Vibra Electric guitar

Posted by Jeff Steffler on Thu, 04/07/05 - 08:15:16.

I got a Vibra Electric guitar from a friend when he moved away. I don't know much about it, and I can't seem to find any information about it or the company that manufactured it. I was hoping somebody here could give me some information about it, and its worth. Any information would be very much appreciated. Its a black guitar, and has no serial numbers or identifying marks other than the name "VIBRA" in gold qritting on the headstock, and a sticker with the number 2999B.

Related:
Cool Electric Guitars

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Vibra guitar

I have a black one...LP copy and the sticker says 3199B. Does anybody have an idea what onr of these in mint condition might be worth?

Vibra

Can't believe how hard it is to find info on this company - Had a Vibra Bass back in the 80's and loved it! Wish that I still had it, trying to find another like it. It seems that weight seems to be the consistent comment, it was heavy! But the sound and tones unlike anything that I have had since.

Re: Vibra Electric guitar

: I got a Vibra Electric guitar from a friend when he moved away. I don't know much about it, and I can't seem to find any information about it or the company that manufactured it. I was hoping somebody here could give me some information about it, and its worth. Any information would be very much appreciated. Its a black guitar, and has no serial numbers or identifying marks other than the name "VIBRA" in gold qritting on the headstock, and a sticker with the number 2999B.

I Purchased a Les Paul vibra guitar about two years ago....when I first tried it, I knew that this guitar wasn't the real thing eventhough it felt just as heavy and looked and sounded just like it, so I din't pay too much attention to it... I fell in love with the guitar the next time I saw it... I guess because it was in a glass stand and it looked better than the real thing....

I've also been trying to get imformation about the makers...the only thing that I know so far is that it's not american made but asian.... they were made between the seventies and the eightees... I have seen only a couple of pics online.... letme know if you find more info.... till then... enjoy it!!!!!!!!! you and me, my friend, have a rare thing!!!!! so try to find the rifts and licks that make our guitar sing!

Latter...

JN

a very rare vibra "les paul" guitar

i lucked out my grandfather had a vintage vibra paul type (black with white binding) and all it needs is a tail piece and a set of strings,it's been in the family for years now. and i finally got from him. (now i do believe that it is an asian type guitar but through gibson.

I picked up a Vibra les Paul custom copy for 20.00 and replaced the bridge, tail piece, knobs, strings and machine heads. That, what(?), 65.00 investment, has become my favorite axe. The sustain is unbelievable...I'm used to strats so playing has meant adjusting to the weight, etc..But MAN! Plays as good as the real thing....And looks stunning in black and silver...I heard that Vibra used to be Anderson Guitars in Tenessee (a company started by Chet Atkins)..Now Vibra is HQ'd in Canada, focusing mostly on Acoustics and stopped making these in the 60's...But I read that online and you never really know what to believe w/o x-reference...Anyway, for those that have them, Enjoy! For those that don't, Envy! And for those about to rock....

Victor

Hey i have a Vibra accoustic acctually and i also am searching info about vibra crazy

: : I got a Vibra Electric guitar from a friend when he moved away. I don't know much about it, and I can't seem to find any information about it or the company that manufactured it. I was hoping somebody here could give me some information about it, and its worth. Any information would be very much appreciated. Its a black guitar, and has no serial numbers or identifying marks other than the name "VIBRA" in gold qritting on the headstock, and a sticker with the number 2999B.

: I Purchased a Les Paul vibra guitar about two years ago....when I first tried it, I knew that this guitar wasn't the real thing eventhough it felt just as heavy and looked and sounded just like it, so I din't pay too much attention to it... I fell in love with the guitar the next time I saw it... I guess because it was in a glass stand and it looked better than the real thing....

: I've also been trying to get information about the makers...the only thing that I know so far is that it's not american made but asian.... they were made between the seventies and the eightees... I have seen only a couple of pics online.... letme know if you find more info.... till then... enjoy it!!!!!!!!! you and me, my friend, have a rare thing!!!!! so try to find the rifts and licks that make our guitar sing!

: Later...

: JN

: : : I got a Vibra Electric guitar from a friend when he moved away. I don't know much about it, and I can't seem to find any information about it or the company that manufactured it. I was hoping somebody here could give me some information about it, and its worth. Any information would be very much appreciated. Its a black guitar, and has no serial numbers or identifying marks other than the name "VIBRA" in gold qritting on the headstock, and a sticker with the number 2999B.

:
: : I Purchased a Les Paul vibra guitar about two years ago....when I first tried it, I knew that this guitar wasn't the real thing eventhough it felt just as heavy and looked and sounded just like it, so I din't pay too much attention to it... I fell in love with the guitar the next time I saw it... I guess because it was in a glass stand and it looked better than the real thing....

: : I've also been trying to get information about the makers...the only thing that I know so far is that it's not american made but asian.... they were made between the seventies and the eightees... I have seen only a couple of pics online.... letme know if you find more info.... till then... enjoy it!!!!!!!!! you and me, my friend, have a rare thing!!!!! so try to find the rifts and licks that make our guitar sing!

: : Later...

: : JN
I bought an electric vibra about 1980. I paid $300 for it with case and an amp.It is white with black trim,neck and pick guard,two pick-ups and is a great sounding guitar.I took it to a music store for new strings and they wanted to buy it but I wouldnt part with it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.