Re: Info: Morris Tornado XX-80

Posted by Charles on Sat, 02/03/07 - 11:50:56.

: : : Hi;
: : : I have just purchased a Morris Tornado XX-80 with the fibreglass back and inbuilt pick up.

: : : Anyone know anything about when they were produced and their relative quality....sounds pretty good.
: : : Appreciate any info / contact.

: :
: : Also own a Morris Tornado which I purchased in 1984. It's a great instrument to say the least.
: : Recent e-mail contact with Morris in Japan indicated that they discontinued the fibreglass (round) back some 10 years back as demand in Japan favoured traditional style units.
: : Enjoy it though.

: Hi - I got mine in 1983, Melbourne Australia. Still going well; had some minor nut/fret work and rewiring a couple of years ago. I have NEVER seen another!

Hi, I bought my Morris in February 1983, in South Africa. I still have it and I can tell you it is one of the best guitars I have ever owned. I still have the original case that came with the guitar. My Morris is in absolute mint condition after 24 years. I wanted to sell it and my wife refused me to do so as it was in such an excellent condition. I have the original booklets it came with as well as the original toolkit. I am not at home now as I am away for 3 months but soon as I get back I will take some photo's to share.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

morris tornado xx12

bought this guitar from a garage sale in the barossa last year.can not belive my luck !! purchaced for the asking price of $30 :))))) immaculate condition with origional case and reciepts,hardly ever played.It plays like a dream...bargain of a lifetime !!!!!!!!!!

: : : : Hi;
: : : : I have just purchased a Morris Tornado XX-80 with the fibreglass back and inbuilt pick up.

: : : : Anyone know anything about when they were produced and their relative quality....sounds pretty good.
: : : : Appreciate any info / contact.

: : :
: : : Also own a Morris Tornado which I purchased in 1984. It's a great instrument to say the least.
: : : Recent e-mail contact with Morris in Japan indicated that they discontinued the fibreglass (round) back some 10 years back as demand in Japan favoured traditional style units.
: : : Enjoy it though.

: : Hi - I got mine in 1983, Melbourne Australia. Still going well; had some minor nut/fret work and rewiring a couple of years ago. I have NEVER seen another!

: Hi, I bought my Morris in February 1983, in South Africa. I still have it and I can tell you it is one of the best guitars I have ever owned. I still have the original case that came with the guitar. My Morris is in absolute mint condition after 24 years. I wanted to sell it and my wife refused me to do so as it was in such an excellent condition. I have the original booklets it came with as well as the original toolkit. I am not at home now as I am away for 3 months but soon as I get back I will take some photo's to share.
Hi! I don't know sorry and do you know where is the tornado morris's pick up selling

morris tornado XX-80

Hi , my dad has a Morris Tornado XX-80. i played it and i was so impressed! So i went online to see what info i can find about this great guitar ,but there seems to be nothing on it. The only info i could fined is that its min value is $3000 to $10000 depending on what the quality of it is. i will never let my dad sell it. The guitar is going to come to me and im going to take great care of it.

: : : : Hi;
: : : : I have just purchased a Morris Tornado XX-80 with the fibreglass back and inbuilt pick up.

: : : : Anyone know anything about when they were produced and their relative quality....sounds pretty good.
: : : : Appreciate any info / contact.

: : :
: : : Also own a Morris Tornado which I purchased in 1984. It's a great instrument to say the least.
: : : Recent e-mail contact with Morris in Japan indicated that they discontinued the fibreglass (round) back some 10 years back as demand in Japan favoured traditional style units.
: : : Enjoy it though.

: : Hi - I got mine in 1983, Melbourne Australia. Still going well; had some minor nut/fret work and rewiring a couple of years ago. I have NEVER seen another!

: Hi, I bought my Morris in February 1983, in South Africa. I still have it and I can tell you it is one of the best guitars I have ever owned. I still have the original case that came with the guitar. My Morris is in absolute mint condition after 24 years. I wanted to sell it and my wife refused me to do so as it was in such an excellent condition. I have the original booklets it came with as well as the original toolkit. I am not at home now as I am away for 3 months but soon as I get back I will take some photo's to share.

Can you please send some pictures my way if you dont mind.
regards
Gary

Hi, bought mine in Adelaide, South Australia back in 1983. The bowl is shallower than similar guitars giving it a sweeter top end response. I connected with it from the first playing and have also never seen another one.

I agree they are so rare...a true gem. I was the same as you..love it from the moment I played it.
Isn;t it amazing that they dont seem to of been produced for long. I wonder what the story is there?

regards
Gary Disley

I bought one in Melbourne, around 1988 secound hand and it played better than any brand new Ovation at the time. I sold my first six string one the XX-80 to a guy in Macdonalds. I wonder if her still owns it?
I also found a 12 string version of which I still own today...I purchased in the 1980's.
There price tag when new was between $950 to $1,299 in Allens Melbourne when new.
I would say as they are a top end instrument and there fore one still in good condition, we could be looking at a a price around $2,500 to $3,000..maybe even more as it seems that they are VERY RARE INDEED of which I didn;t realise until recently.
there was one model I have be nlookin gfor since they came out...at the time I had to setle for the XX-80 version..but ther was the numero uno one with all the mother of pearl and very intricate in its finish and sounded FANTASTIC! I have NEVER seen once since EVER!
:(
If you have one let me know
Gary gdi44458@bigpond.net.au

Morris Tornado XX-80

I am lucky enough to own one of these awesome guitars. It's just got better and better over the years.
Let me know if you're interested in pics.

I have one in excellent shape. I am thinking of selling it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.