Re: TF Morris Guitar Model #B-50

Posted by John - NY on Sun, 02/08/09 - 07:08:36.

: : : In 1979, I bought a TF Morris guitar, inOkinawa, Japan. Searching AltaVista (Yahoo & Netscape didn't help)
: : : I discovered Ishibashi is the parent company; however, the web site for ishibashimusic.co.jp was defunct!
: : : I wish to purchase another Morris. Can someone help?..... thx mike butler

: : I have a TF Morris 12string M# B-50 in a Yamaha hardshell case, new strings, like new condition willing to sell. I saw
: : where an identical 6 string was for sale on E-bay for 600.oo
: : something. Give me an address and an offer and I'll send you
: : some pics. Z-man

:
: I HAVE A 1990 Morris B-50 .
: from conversations with a Morris rep., I have found out that ths model was made from 1986 -1991, with less than 100 total made.

: Mine appears to be solid Jacaranda back and sides , with a wedge of Chestnut in the center.

: Jacaranda is of course, Brazilian Rosewood.

: I have been playing 90% 12 string since 1972 and this is by far the best sounding and oudest 12 I have ever played....Including Martins, Taylor Jumbos (855, 655CE).

: Look up on line "Guitars Japan" and see his 6 string Morris that he is asking $2750 for but really doesn't want to sell.

: Incidently, The older (70's) seem to be veneer, while the 86 to 91 models are solid Brazilian Rosewood. I have mine insured for $3000. I had the original case, but it wasn't as solid as I wanted, so I bought a new Martin dreadnaught case, which fits perfect.

: Mine is a keeper....you should hang on to yours also...they were never exported to the US and yours is the only other one I have heard of here. Mine is ni near mint condition and has zero problems. I just had to lower he action a bit through the sound hole and string with lightweight Elixirs.

: John

Follow up:
In case you didn't know, TF Moridaira was the luthier. The Guitar is a nearly dead-on copy of the late 30's to about 1941 Martin D-45, the holy grail of acoustics (Only in 12 stringconfiguration)....some D-45's are worth in excess of $250,000. The first one was made for Gene Autry.

John

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Morris B-50/12

I just bought a Morris B-50/12 from a Japanese family now living in Australia

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.