Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2003

Archive for posts from September, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Zoom 606

I need the zoom 606 Factory-Patches to store them in my ZOOM-505!
Can somebody help me?

Zoom 606

I need the zoom 606 Factory-Patches to store them in my ZOOM-505!
Can somebody help me?

Re: Zoom 606

: I need the zoom 606 Factory-Patches to store them in my ZOOM-505!
: Can somebody help me?

can't be done unless you take a 606 and look at all the parameters and copy them manually into you 505

ventura arch top

Can any body share with me the origins and apprx. value
of a ventura arch top with f holes and block inlays.
I was told that the inlays were probably plastic - ??

Re: ventura arch top

: Can any body share with me the origins and apprx. value
: of a ventura arch top with f holes and block inlays.
: I was told that the inlays were probably plastic - ??

Ventrura were mass produced so they aren't really worth too much, depending on year though. Older ones could fetch you some money.

: : Can any body share with me the origins and apprx. value
: : of a ventura arch top with f holes and block inlays.
: : I was told that the inlays were probably plastic - ??

: Ventrura were mass produced so they aren't really worth too much, depending on year though. Older ones could fetch you some money.

Ventura guitars were made in the late 60s and early 70s,in Japan, although some models were mass produced they were a good quality guitar for the times, I have a Gibson ES335 Ventura Copy, And still Gig with it! There are not many around and because of that, they are worth some money if they have been taken care of, If you ever want to sell it let me know!

Where are you located? I just purchased a guitar just like your!
: Can any body share with me the origins and apprx. value
: of a ventura arch top with f holes and block inlays.
: I was told that the inlays were probably plastic - ??

Boss GT-5 - won't power up...any ideas?

Hi

I have a Boss GT-5 that has been sent through the post and now won't power up.

Any ideas on how to fix it?!

Thanks in advance all!

Steve

FDA

Great comments guys. Peter <a href="http://www.fda.gov/">FDA</a>

FDA

Great comments guys. Peter <a href="http://www.fda.gov/">FDA</a>

Phentermine

Thanks for the resource.

Phentermine

Well said.

Regards from Anaheim, the obesity med (diet pill) capital of the world!

RX

<a href="http://www.phentermine.ms/">Phentermine</a>

Phentermine

OK, OK, I do agree.

George (the pharmacist)

<a href="http://www.phenterminepharmacy.biz">Phentermine Diet Pills</a> should remain online!

Phentermine MS

Well said.

Regards from Anaheim
RX
<a href="http://www.phentermine-ms.com/phentermine/">Phentermine</a>

Hill & Associates Bangkok Thailand

I think that is a bit mute.

Regards

Jack

BTW, is everyone else as fed up as I am of reading about all the hatred and corruption in this world?

Phentermine Diet Pills

This is a great site!

Maggie

<a href="http://www.phentermine-gs.com/phentermine.shtml" title="Phentermine">Phentermine</a> - America's number 1 diet pill. Online medications are your right, don't let the DEA take it away!

Diet Pills

Well said.

Regards from Anaheim
RX
<a href="http://www.phentermine-ms.com/phentermine/">Phentermine</a>
FDA approved diet pills are your online right

Low E String Buzz

I've just replaced the strings on my DeArmond M65C guitar and the low e sting has suddenly started to buzz, all the other strings are fine. Help Please!!!!

Re: Low E String Buzz

This can be one of two problems 1)fret, 2)- nut. A re-fret can be exspensive and so is replacing the nut. Try taking a piece of tin foil real small and fold it up and put it between your low e and the nut. If there is too much room it can cause buzzing. This is a cheap way to fix it.

Re: Low E String Buzz

: This can be one of two problems 1)fret, 2)- nut. A re-fret can be exspensive and so is replacing the nut. Try taking a piece of tin foil real small and fold it up and put it between your low e and the nut. If there is too much room it can cause buzzing. This is a cheap way to fix it.

are your newe strings a lighter guage than you oldones? lighter guage strings have a lower overall tension so they vibrate farther than heavier ones causing the string to hit a fret. assuming there was no problem prior to replacing the strings

teaching

Anyone able to teach spanish guitar based in Slough, Windsor or Eton? Please get in touch if you know anyone.

Trio & chamber sheet music for classical guitar...

Hi, I'm looking for websites that sell or have downloadable sheet music for classical guitar trios and guitar chamber music. I've been looking around for a while but haven't found much so any help would be gratly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Chris

appraisal on guitars

My elderly, great aunt has a few guitars she is wants to sell, but has no idea for how much. Can anyone help me get values for her? All I know is what she wrote to me: 1.National - Velco Mfg. Co. 2.Gretch by Bigsry - Chet Atkins Tennessee 3. Gibson Model Blue Ridge, Kalamazoo MI 4. Maybelle Rio Bravo 6 - 1018 EKO guitars Brown. These would all be at the very least 25 years old. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: appraisal on guitars

: My great uncle Gave me his old guitar before he passed and here recently I have wanted to paint it, but everyone has freaked out because it is an old guitar and saying that it will lose its value. so im wanting to know just how old it is and about how much its value is before i destroy its origional look

Stella guitar

How do I tell how old my stella is and if its an O.S. or a Harmony?? Can anyone help I would like to sell it.

Re: Stella guitars

Check this site

www.stellaguitars.com

Once you've seen a few example of these guitars it's pretty easy to tell, but generally....

Harmony guitars:
Made of birch thru'out (including the top)
"Stella" on the headstock does NOT have a 'swoosh' underline.
Regular style headstock (NOT slotted)
No bindings (just painted)
Date stamped in ink inside (F-55-** indicates Fall of 1955, last digits/letters are presumed to indicate shift or batch numbers). Seperate serial number stamp by the heelblock in the form of 9815H929 ('H' for Harmony, '929' is the model number..i this case small bied "Tigerstripe" sunburst finish).

OSCAR SCHMIDT Stellas
Headstock logo has a 'swoosh' line under it.
Commonly (but not exclusively ) made from woods other than birch, including spruce tops.
Fancy paper label inside soundhole

Got any more of a description or a photo? I've had dozens of Harmonys and Stellas from 1930's thru to 1960s and modern re-issues..so I've seen a few of em!

:I have a stella guitar I got at a garage sale.
My 12 year old Grandaughter is learning to play it. The # 0n the inside is 3882H929. Any info on it will be appreciated.

Art Breeden

: www.stellaguitars.com

: Once you've seen a few example of these guitars it's pretty easy to tell, but generally....

: Harmony guitars:
: Made of birch thru'out (including the top)
: "Stella" on the headstock does NOT have a 'swoosh' underline.
: Regular style headstock (NOT slotted)
: No bindings (just painted)
: Date stamped in ink inside (F-55-** indicates Fall of 1955, last digits/letters are presumed to indicate shift or batch numbers). Seperate serial number stamp by the heelblock in the form of 9815H929 ('H' for Harmony, '929' is the model number..i this case small bied "Tigerstripe" sunburst finish).

: OSCAR SCHMIDT Stellas
: Headstock logo has a 'swoosh' line under it.
: Commonly (but not exclusively ) made from woods other than birch, including spruce tops.
: Fancy paper label inside soundhole

: Got any more of a description or a photo? I've had dozens of Harmonys and Stellas from 1930's thru to 1960s and modern re-issues..so I've seen a few of em!

i just bought a stella for 10 dollars,and i cant seem to date it. it has a stamp serial number
6790H604
everywhere i look i cant seem to find out what the date is if you can help me out let me know.

Check this site

www.stellaguitars.com

Once you've seen a few example of these guitars it's pretty easy to tell, but generally....

Harmony guitars:
Made of birch thru'out (including the top)
"Stella" on the headstock does NOT have a 'swoosh' underline.
Regular style headstock (NOT slotted)
No bindings (just painted)
Date stamped in ink inside (F-55-** indicates Fall of 1955, last digits/letters are presumed to indicate shift or batch numbers). Seperate serial number stamp by the heelblock in the form of 9815H929 ('H' for Harmony, '929' is the model number..i this case small bied "Tigerstripe" sunburst finish).

OSCAR SCHMIDT Stellas
Headstock logo has a 'swoosh' line under it.
Commonly (but not exclusively ) made from woods other than birch, including spruce tops.
Fancy paper label inside soundhole

Got any more of a description or a photo? I've had dozens of Harmonys and Stellas from 1930's thru to 1960s and modern re-issues..so I've seen a few of em!

tatay guitars

I have a Tatay guitar which I would like to have repaired. Can anyone suggest a reliable shop in Brooklyn or the New York city area?

Yamaki AY270S

I can not find any information on this model. I would like to learn a bit more about it. It is my husbands Guitar. I love the sound of this guitar, so does my hubby. If anyone can help me, that would be great. Thank you for your help.

looking for imfo

I bout this epiphone electric guiter as a first guitar about teo years ago. I have been tring to find out some imfo on it, and can't. the tag on the inside of it says LES PAUL EB the number is R98G 1077 please help Very differant looking guitar hollow body arch top with green pick-ups & tunning keys pearl enlay on the fret board. It is black with white pick guard nad edging has a great sound

Re: looking for imfo on my Epiphone

: I bout this epiphone electric guiter as a first guitar about teo years ago. I have been tring to find out some imfo on it, and can't. the tag on the inside of it says LES PAUL EB the number is R98G 1077 please help Very differant looking guitar hollow body arch top with green pick-ups & tunning keys pearl enlay on the fret board. It is black with white pick guard nad edging has a great sound

Re: looking for imfo

: I bout this epiphone hollow guiter as a first guitar about teo years ago. I have been tring to find out some imfo on it, and can't. the tag on the inside of it says LES PAUL EB the number is R98G 1077 please help Very differant looking guitar hollow body arch top with green pick-ups & tunning keys pearl enlay on the fret board. It is black with white pick guard nad edging has a great sound

Super Reverb

I recently acquired a Super Reverb from a friend (for free!!) I know next to nothing about it. The label on the inside back is water damaged, so any hope of information that way is lost. The stamped number on the back of the amplifier is A 21726. I'm not even sure whether or not that is the serial!! It obviously is not in the best of condition, but if we can gather enough info, my friend and i hope to restore it. Thanks alot!! any info helps!!

Re: Super Reverb

: I recently acquired a Super Reverb from a friend (for free!!) I know next to nothing about it. The label on the inside back is water damaged, so any hope of information that way is lost. The stamped number on the back of the amplifier is A 21726. I'm not even sure whether or not that is the serial!! It obviously is not in the best of condition, but if we can gather enough info, my friend and i hope to restore it. Thanks alot!! any info helps!!

Contact Doug at www.vintagesoundworks.com

40th anniversary strat. (need value and info on)

Does anyone have any info about a 1994 40th anniversary strat. new condition?

Any metal lovers in Tucson?

Thinking about putting something together and want to locate some fellow heavy metal lovers in Tucson.

electric guitar around $600-700

what guitar at this price would you advise i buy, i'm after the fat sound that a twin pick-up produces, my 1st choice so far is the epiphone les paul custom, what do u think? , i want to spend around £350 which is around $650 dollars i think. any feedback appreciated, it's quite difficult finding a guitar as there are so many to choose from.

Re: electric guitar around $600-700

Look at the woods in other guitars. Obviously the Les Paul gets a good amount of its tone from the maple and mahogony. Schecter makes a good guitar with maple on top of mahogony and you won't go wrong with it. Plan on changing out your pickups. Stock Epi pickups aren't all that great. Plan on going with some Duncan 59's or something depending on the tone you're after.

: what guitar at this price would you advise i buy, i'm after the fat sound that a twin pick-up produces, my 1st choice so far is the epiphone les paul custom, what do u think? , i want to spend around £350 which is around $650 dollars i think. any feedback appreciated, it's quite difficult finding a guitar as there are so many to choose from.

I've got some problems with BOSS GT-6

Do you have any good settings of it??? ive got fender amp 65 and no good setting can i set!!! can you believe it? stuff's so expensive and i cant play it with the sound i'd like to have...can you help me?

Re: I've got some problems with BOSS GT-6

www.Bossgtcentral.com

Epiphone Les Paul pickup switch problems

I have a Epiphone les paul studeo, and the pickup select switch is give me hell. Its fine when the bridge pickup is selected, when i select the other pickup positions and its fune but when i move it back down to the bridge pick up it seams to cut it out and i have to take the cable out of the guitar and put it back into it for it to work again.

I would like to know why this is, ive looked at the electronics and they seem fine.

any infomation will be much apreaciated

Re: Epiphone Les Paul pickup switch problems

Epi's are know for their cheap toggle switches that start 'cutting out' after awhile, but if you have to take it out and move the wire (as opposed to just toggling the switch back and forth to get the bridge back) it might be a bad solder joint or wire. i would just replace it with a good quality switch as you will have to do this eventually anyways and if it is a bad solder joint replacement will correct that too.

: I have a Epiphone les paul studeo, and the pickup select switch is give me hell. Its fine when the bridge pickup is selected, when i select the other pickup positions and its fune but when i move it back down to the bridge pick up it seams to cut it out and i have to take the cable out of the guitar and put it back into it for it to work again.

: I would like to know why this is, ive looked at the electronics and they seem fine.

: any infomation will be much apreaciated

I bought a les paul of my freind for £30 but it was nacked(what my freind told me), but ur right it was the toggle switch that had just bin disconnected. i know how u feel mate

The stock switches in them are crap. I have changed out about a dozen of them for people I know. Your problem is a very common one. You can pick up a new switch (I use repro ones)for about $7Cnd. Takes two minutes to change them out.

looking for epiphone les paul classic (open coil humbuckers)

I am looking to buy an epiphone les paul classic (the have open coil humbuckers)...if anywone has one for sale we could make arrangements...thank you for your time

Miguel

New guitar music

You can listen to a new guitar music at www.guitar-litvinov.ru

admira classical guitar(belinda)

trying to find some info on my admira guitar i bought
in 1975.the model is a belinda made in spain.was tring to find its value

Re: admira classical guitar(belinda)

(From Caracas - Venezuela)

(Sorry about my english)

I have one too, was a gift. I don't know how much it cost. It's very difficult to find some information about that guitar, it sounds awesome. For me that guitar is alive

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.