Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2003

Archive for posts from September, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: estimate of a guitars value

: I HAVE A '68 Baldwin 'vibraslim', handbuilt by James Burns (Fairly good condition)
: Features a scroll head, in two tone black-red colour.
Im intrigued as to how much it is worth

:i have a 1960/1968 teisco electric with sun burst paint and an ivy vine pick guarde. im curiouse to the guitars basic value. considering it is in mint condition, other than needing some sauderung work.

: I HAVE A takamine 6 string guitar with a preamp in excellentcondition ser# is 90022152 model # FP-360CG . would like a fair selling price. thanks mike

gibson electraharp 8string peddle steelu

would like to get history 'value ownership history only#9-0250

i have an red esp ltd mh-301 and a boss gt-3 for sale

i have an red esp ltd mh-301 and a boss gt-3 for sale

Miguel@univhearst.edu

Re: i have an red esp ltd mh-301 and a boss gt-3 for sale

how much for the gt-3???

do you still have the gt-3 for sale.....if so how much are you asking

how much are you asking for the MH-301?

guitar cords for Kelly Clarkson's "Thankful" song

I am looking for the guitar cords for the song "thankful" by Kelly Clarkson. "Thankful" is also the name of her CD, but I need the cords for the song "thankful" on that very CD. If you could help me that would be so wonderful!!!

Re: guitar cords for Kelly Clarkson's "Thankful" song

: I am looking for the guitar cords for the song "thankful" by Kelly Clarkson. "Thankful" is also the name of her CD, but I need the cords for the song "thankful" on that very CD. If you could help me that would be so wonderful!!!

: : I am looking for the guitar cords for the song "thankful" by Kelly Clarkson. "Thankful" is also the name of her CD, but I need the cords for the song "thankful" on that very CD. If you could help me that would be so wonderful!!!

Re: guitar cords for Kelly Clarkson's "Low" song

: : : I am looking for the guitar cords for the song "thankful" by Kelly Clarkson. "Thankful" is also the name of her CD, but I need the cords for the song "Low" on that very CD. If you could help me that would be so wonderful!!!

Re: guitar cords for Kelly Clarkson's "Low" song

: : : I am looking for the guitar cords for the song "thankful" by Kelly Clarkson. "Thankful" is also the name of her CD, but I need the cords for the song "Low" on that very CD. If you could help me that would be so wonderful!!!

: : I am looking for the guitar cords and or music for the song "Thank you" by the Beatles

roland gt3 patches preset

Hello there i search for a place where i can find some guitar effect gt3 patches presets like
; SANTANA LED ZEPPELIN QUEEN PINK FLOYD Z Z TOP ETC,
I found some of them with my J Station amp. simulator but i can't did the same with my GT3..
If you can help me i would appreciate.
Thank Ricky

Re: roland gt3 patches preset

where did you find this patches?...if anybody know sites with patches.....write to me plzzzz!

metal pickups

wich pickups i should buy to play deathmetal like dying fetus, cannibal corpse, nile???

Re: metal pickups

Go with a Dimarzio X2N or Dropsonic. The X2N has the highest output of any passive pickup, really screams, and the Dropsonic just sounds awsome and works really well with drop tunings.

Boss ME6 Patch wanted

I am after a patch to give a supa fuzz to an ME6 like the sound used by Jack White - White Stripes.
Can anyone help?

Re: Boss ME6 Patch wanted

: I am after a patch to give a supa fuzz to an ME6 like the sound used by Jack White - White Stripes.
: Can anyone help?

Hi,

I'm also a user of the ME6 BOSS but i don't have a good configuration for the peddles, do you have some great combinations?

Please let me know!

Thx,

Luk

effects processors

Anyone know the pin configuration for the power adapter on a digitech RP5? I lost the transformer (wall wart) for mine and either need another one or the pin layout. Thanks...

Re: effects processors

: Anyone know the pin configuration for the power adapter on a digitech RP5? I lost the transformer (wall wart) for mine and either need another one or the pin layout. Thanks...

its a 4 din plug. part no. ps0920-240b. input 240vac-50/6hz. output 9vac-2.2amp. good luck the packs are rearer than rocking-horse crap.

1962 Gibson Falcon GA 19 RVT -no tremolo - help ...

i just happened on a smokin deal on one ..($150) to be exact ... only problem is the tremolo doesnt work ...
i looked at the schematics .. and being that im no electrician i couldnt find anything about the tremolo system ...im just curious if mebbe the tremolo was controlled by a tube or not ... this information could help to narrow down why it isnt working ...
thanks,
deformed_one

Re: 1962 Gibson Falcon GA 19 RVT -no tremolo - help ...

both the trem and reverb are tube... my trem works and it is amazing!
good luck

: i just happened on a smokin deal on one ..($150) to be exact ... only problem is the tremolo doesnt work ...
: i looked at the schematics .. and being that im no electrician i couldnt find anything about the tremolo system ...im just curious if mebbe the tremolo was controlled by a tube or not ... this information could help to narrow down why it isnt working ...
: thanks,
: deformed_one

dumble

I can modifing your amp like dumble!

Electrical Help

Hi, I was recently given an unloved strat-style body/neck with no electronics. I want to turn into a signature series Tom Delonge strat. I.e bridge hum, volume control and jack. I was wondering if anyone could give me the correct wiring diagram as i am on a bit of a budget and dont want to buy any unnecessary components. Thanks. Christian

Re: Electrical Help

Go to www.seymourduncan.com and click on support. It will give you the option of seeing tons of wiring diagrams that are really easy to follow. Of course you will need a Duncan Invader which runs around $70 to $80 something. The volume pots will be around $5 or so. The jack another couple of bucks. You might also want a treble bleed. It is all really easy to do.

Re: Electrical Help

you can buy a pre-loaded pickguard thru ebay for about $200 +/- .... solder your ground and output and its good-to-go

vox custom 25 electric guitar wiring

vox custom 25 electric guitar wiring

This popular thread has been given its own page : vox custom 25 electric guitar wiring

good

your site is very good

Difference between Yamaha RGZ-I & RGZ-II

Hi just wondering if anyone knows the difference between these two guitars. Info on the net is scarce and they both look identical from the pics i have seen.

Thanks.

Re: Difference between Yamaha RGZ-I & RGZ-II

I have had mine for about 10 years and overall it is a good guitar. It has withstood being dropped many times.

: Hi just wondering if anyone knows the difference between these two guitars. Info on the net is scarce and they both look identical from the pics i have seen.

: Thanks.

Epiphone Model EC100 Acoustic Guitar No. 982169

Hello, I have an old acoustic Epiphone guitar. There is a blue label inside that states the style as EC100 and the serial number is 982169. I can't find any information on this particular model with this serial number. The label lists Epiphone's address as Kalamazoo, MI and the label also says "UNION MADE". Can anyone tell me the history of this guitar?
Thanks.

www.michaelnickens.com

Michael Nickens is the greatest undiscovered guitarist of all time.Check it out at www.michaelnickens.com

Eureka!

Happened to see Michael Nickens' performances in Houston, TX back in the '90's. This performer is the most riviting guitarist I have ever heard. Glad to see he is in Austin. No doubt he will be picked up soon, that is, signed as a recording artist. Candy whoever you are you are correct.

Adding an additional tube gain stage.

Damn it man i need more gain!!!
I've got one of those sovtek 50 watt tube combo amps, there pretty cool, kind of featureless though. I need more tube overdrive. It seems 3 12ax7's preamp tubes ain't enough in this here day & age of distortion density. I'd like the procedure for installing a additional (forth) pre-amp tube, i know i need a 12ax7 socket installed & thats about all i know. got a diagram, schematic, or direct me to a website that has info on tube amp DIY mods, if not a bowl of clam chowder and a brand new hat will do fine. Thanks eh. From one bench tweaker to another. Monster... "The king of unanswered threads"...

Re: Adding an additional tube gain stage.

Try the amp boards at: webervst.com or tdpri.com ('bigcookie' is the guy to ask at the tdpri) , from what I know it's not that simple but people at those boards will know the deal.

: Damn it man i need more gain!!!
: I've got one of those sovtek 50 watt tube combo amps, there pretty cool, kind of featureless though. I need more tube overdrive. It seems 3 12ax7's preamp tubes ain't enough in this here day & age of distortion density. I'd like the procedure for installing a additional (forth) pre-amp tube, i know i need a 12ax7 socket installed & thats about all i know. got a diagram, schematic, or direct me to a website that has info on tube amp DIY mods, if not a bowl of clam chowder and a brand new hat will do fine. Thanks eh. From one bench tweaker to another. Monster... "The king of unanswered threads"...

There is another possible alternative. Change the tone control circuit. I'm not familiar with the amp you have. However I've built several tube amps. In most circuits you have a volume, bass & treble between the first and second stage. Take out the bass & treble because they soak up too much gain and just have a volume there. That's your gain control. After the second stage put another volume and with it a simple old-time tone control. You are using the same three pots now just relabeled. Another trick for more gain is to lower the value of the feedback resistor. Email me for schematic and details. dwin

I wouldn't hack up a perfectly good amp for more gain.Use a pedal.Or if not sell the amp to someone who wants that sound and get one you like.You may add a tube and find out that it sounds terrible w/ it added and then that amp turns into a worthless POS w/ no resale value,and someone that likes that tone misses out too. Just my oppinion
: Damn it man i need more gain!!! : I've got one of those sovtek 50 watt tube combo amps, there pretty cool, kind of featureless though. I need more tube overdrive. It seems 3 12ax7's preamp tubes ain't enough in this here day & age of distortion density. I'd like the procedure for installing a additional (forth) pre-amp tube, i know i need a 12ax7 socket installed & thats about all i know. got a diagram, schematic, or direct me to a website that has info on tube amp DIY mods, if not a bowl of clam chowder and a brand new hat will do fine. Thanks eh. From one bench tweaker to another. Monster... "The king of unanswered threads"...

my nut is too big!

i bought a junker les paul copy and it needed a nut. i got one. its the right width but it sticks up way too high. I have 2 questions.

1. Whats the stanard way o making the nut thinner? File the back down? cut it with something?

2. What sort of glue works for gluing a plastic nut to a wooden neck?

Id be very greatful for any sugestions of if somone knows a website that has this info.
thanks
Abe

Re: my nut is too big!

No matter how you do it you will probably need to have the nut filed to get the right action on your neck. I wouldn't attempt that myself. If you screw it up you get to buy another nut and try again. As far as glue goes, polyurethane works well.

: i bought a junker les paul copy and it needed a nut. i got one. its the right width but it sticks up way too high. I have 2 questions.

: 1. Whats the stanard way o making the nut thinner? File the back down? cut it with something?

: 2. What sort of glue works for gluing a plastic nut to a wooden neck?

: Id be very greatful for any sugestions of if somone knows a website that has this info.
: thanks
: Abe

Re: my nut is too big!

yeah it's hard to 'hand file' one perfectly even, better if you have access to a percision gringing machine or line it up in a vise and file down even to the top of the vise then touch up, that works well when you are taking a fair amount off. Poly is fine for setting it, just remember it is mainly held in place by string pressure so don't go to town with the 'glue' or the next time it's replaced it's going to be a pain in the ass to get out and might take wood with it.

: No matter how you do it you will probably need to have the nut filed to get the right action on your neck. I wouldn't attempt that myself. If you screw it up you get to buy another nut and try again. As far as glue goes, polyurethane works well.

: : i bought a junker les paul copy and it needed a nut. i got one. its the right width but it sticks up way too high. I have 2 questions.

: : 1. Whats the stanard way o making the nut thinner? File the back down? cut it with something?

: : 2. What sort of glue works for gluing a plastic nut to a wooden neck?

: : Id be very greatful for any sugestions of if somone knows a website that has this info.
: : thanks
: : Abe

Mesa-Boogie Triple Rectifier trouble...

when i turned on the Triple Rectifier Solo Head, letting it sit in standby for a little while and everything, i turned it to normal mode, and i heard the guitar for a second but then one of the tubes burnt out and the amp turned off and now it won't come back on. is this something that can be fixed by something simple like replacing the tubes or am i looking at either taking it to a repair shop or getting it replaced?

Re: Mesa-Boogie Triple Rectifier trouble...

I would inspect it and if nothing else is fried just replace the tube, they just go sometimes, if the replacement blows then you'll have to figure it out or take it to a shop, if you do it yourself and aren't used to working on tube amps do a little research first as you can really hurt (even kill) yourself or worse damage the amp further :).

: when i turned on the Triple Rectifier Solo Head, letting it sit in standby for a little while and everything, i turned it to normal mode, and i heard the guitar for a second but then one of the tubes burnt out and the amp turned off and now it won't come back on. is this something that can be fixed by something simple like replacing the tubes or am i looking at either taking it to a repair shop or getting it replaced?

Re: Mesa-Boogie Triple Rectifier trouble...

sounds like a short to me, the reason it wont turn on is because when it shorted from the failed tube the fuse blew, replace it with a matching slo-blo type and then pull out the suspected tube, try turning the amp on while leaving it in standby (this will not hurt the amp) if it doesnt short and blow the fuse again youve found the culprit.

how does tom morello get that sound?

i have a question.. well dur otherwise i wouldnt be posting this here would i? does ne one know how tom morello get that high sound in the song The Last Remaining Light on Audioslave?(the cd)

Re: how does tom morello get that sound?

He has a Wah Wah pedal and sets the strings up a couple octaves. He usualy does it 2 octaves like in ashes in the fall and war within a breath.

When using a digitech xp100 wah pedal set it to patch 14.

Tom morello is the best guitarist ever

Tom Morello gets that sound by setting one of the pickups to 0 volume and another to 10 then when u flip the toggle switch it acts as kill switch. Along with scratching u can make the wanted sound. Along with regular effects of course.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.