Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2004

Archive for posts from March, 2004

ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: bass neck length

: Hey i am getting a bass on friday, and as im gonna be new to playing, im going for a cheap £140 one. the one im gonna get is one with 20 frets. ive seen other 'standard' basses which have over 20. Do the amount of frets on the neck actually is much of an impact on playing, or just a difference in the guitar not the music?

: Thanks for any replies

: Alex

just get what u want and play it english boy

guitar player and drummer wanted

pop/rock band in boston looking for a guitarist and drummer. influences include Jet and The Sounds.
email if interested.

Is possible to play only with an amp head?

Hi there,
I would like to know if is possible to play only with an amp head (marshall jcm 900), without any cabinet.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not possible dude

Re: no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not only is it not possible, but it you try and play that thing without a speaker plugged into it you could blow the amp, very very dangerous to play amy valve amp with no speaker plugged in,, beware!!
Lee

Ok, thanks for your reply!

: not only is it not possible, but it you try and play that thing without a speaker plugged into it you could blow the amp, very very dangerous to play amy valve amp with no speaker plugged in,, beware!!
: Lee

Really, Why? Just curious.

something called an output transformer, give it a try and see what im talking about.
Lee

Re: Is possible to play only with an amp head?

ITS NOT POSSIBLE I TELL U.
OH AND THE EARTH REVOLVES AROUND THE SUN
Idiots

Mossman Guitar-Tennesse Flat Top

serial# 76-2011 signed by S.L. Mossma & E L D in original case. For sale to highest bidder. Great condition and perfect sound.

Re: Mossman Guitar-Tennesse Flat Top

If you haven't sold your guitar, please let me know. You can email me or call me at 615-525-6218. I would like to see pictures. Thanks.

Marty

: serial# 76-2011 signed by S.L. Mossma & E L D in original case. For sale to highest bidder. Great condition and perfect sound.

hey

hey all

Re: hey

wow thtz 1 hell ov an awsom bessage u submitted

Re: hey

i know

Jazz Guitar Licks & Things

Hello,

If you're looking for free jazz guitar transcriptions, licks & lessons, then have a look overhere :

http://www.jazzguitar.be

Kind regards, Dirk.

session pro guitar

session pro guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : session pro guitar

Hoffner Beatle Bass

Hi - wondering if anyone knows a web site where i can authenticate this instrument ?

Solid beginner guitar

I am looking for a good solid guitar for a beginner, but don't want to break the bank. Any suggestions?

Re: Solid beginner guitar

how much you paying?? if you want a real cheapie starter then go for a fender squier, get a good 2nd hand one for not a lot of cash, sound quite good too.
Lee

: how much you paying?? if you want a real cheapie starter then go for a fender squier, get a good 2nd hand one for not a lot of cash, sound quite good too.
: Lee

samick makes some nice beginner axes for a modest price ( $150 or so)

: I am looking for a good solid guitar for a beginner, but don't want to break the bank. Any suggestions?

Almost everybody I know had a Squier Strat as a first guitar, and every single one of them complained about how much it sucked. The strings always went out of tune, the pickups were brittle-sounding and noisy, and the action was horrible. I would suggest going with Epiphone, the entry to mid-level division of Gibson. Their prices range from under $200 to over a $1000, so they're bound to have something to fit your style and budget. I think the les paul special starts around $150 or so. Anyway, look at local and online music stores for guitars and try them out before you consider buying them. What's important is what sounds, feels, and looks good to YOU. You're the one plunking down the cash, after all. Well, that's my recommendation, hope it helps a little. Good luck.

L.A. Guitar?

Does anyone know what a L.A. guitar is

HELP!!!! somthings wrong with my low E string

hey ive got an eletric guitar and my low E string bangs against the top fret every time i pluck it. it sounds like crap, does anyone know what i can do to fix it???

Re: HELP!!!! somthings wrong with my low E string

: hey ive got an eletric guitar and my low E string bangs against the top fret every time i pluck it. it sounds like crap, does anyone know what i can do to fix it???

You could try increasing the action of your bridge.
Or maybe you need a new plastic string guider thingy (don't know the technical name for it!) that sits just off the fret board near the tuning heads. It could be worn.
Or perhaps you have your guitar tuned too low.!

try lighter strings, sounds like the nut though, maybe its cut too low.
Lee

maybe your neck is bent; try to adjust your truss rod

main guitar

cara-2 bermain guitar dgn betul.

www.jazzguitar.be March updates.

Hello,

New for March on http://www.jazzguitar.be :

31 March 2004 : new recommended book : exploring the world of lucid dreaming
20 March 2004 : new dominant patterns
06 March 2004 : a new Bill Frisell lick
04 March 2004 : a new Wes Montgomery lick

Kind Regards,

Dirk Laukens
http://www.jazzguitar.be
info@jazzguitar.be

Yamaha G-160

Im trying to find out how much my guitar is worth, if there is anyone who knows & can give me an answer would you please message me back if you would with a goid answer I

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.