Re: el degas guitar

Posted by dan coles on Sat, 01/12/08 - 22:19:12.

Hello Rhonda, first of all sorry to hear about your Dad, it's nice that he left yo a little something. I do know a bit about these type of guitars as i have had a few and still do. The bids on the front are doves and the style is called a gibby dove, and probably in the model number on the sticker inside the guitar it starts of with a GB..... wich stand for Gibby dove or after the Gibson make. I myself have had one like that and now i have a el degas Mt-4 wich stands for Martin, but still a el degas guitar. If you play it you will notice they are a great sounding guitar, from about 1970, wich did have a cost of about $500 canadian, the amount hasn't gone up but depending on condition. They really have to be played to be appreciated. I see them for sale for around $399to $400 dollars, but with they way Guitars prices are going, i would say in the next 10 years or so they should fetch around $1,000. That is good , better than stocks...Depending on condition. I'm not sure other than the computer how to look up prices but there is people out there that only collect el degas guitars. Good luck with everything...Dan

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Farington

A Farington electric acoustic guitar is made by Kramer guitars does anyone know anything else about them?

4 guitars just got a Gibby from my Dad too gb22

I own 4 guitars now. My Dad just passed away and I got his Gibby Id like to know the year she was born. I also have a Farington by Kramer. Does anyone know anything about these babies? Id love to know more.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.