YAMAHA FG-160-1

Advertisement
Posted by Jaque' on Tue, 03/01/05 - 19:27:42.
In Reply to Yamaha

I CAN NOT LOCATE ANY INFO FOR A YAMAHA FG-160. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THIS FINE GUITAR, I WOULD SURE LOVE TO CHAT.
CANT SEEM TO LOCATE AN FG-160 ON THE WEB ANYWHERE???

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: YAMAHA FG-160-1

I live in Kenora Ontario Canada. There was a musician who played in Kenora on one particular night many years ago. After the show he had his wallet stolen. My brother had seen the show at the bar and also saw the guy outside selling his guitar amoung other items to get enough money to get back to wherever he was from. My brother bought his guitar for $50.00 and gave it to me in hopes that I might learn to play it some day. I was only around 7 at the time. The guitar is a Yamaha FG-160-1. The musician's initials were on the guitar, GJD, I still have it and I took my first guitar lesson last week. I am 41 now! We have a new friend who is a musician and he put out his own CD a few years ago. He played my guitar while staying with us. I couldn't believe that MY old guitar sounded so deep and rich. Beautiful. He was my inspiration. Why are you looking into this specific Yamaha?

I bought my FG-160 in 1973 or 1974, not sure which year but it was second hand at a music store. It sounds great. not sure if it has a solid top and sides or if its laminated.I tried the serial wizard on the Yamaha web site but no luck.

: I CAN NOT LOCATE ANY INFO FOR A YAMAHA FG-160. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THIS FINE GUITAR, I WOULD SURE LOVE TO CHAT.
: CANT SEEM TO LOCATE AN FG-160 ON THE WEB ANYWHERE???

I have one that I bought in 1974 it is hardly used in mint condition how much $ do you think it is worth?

YAMAHA FG-160-1

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: YAMAHA FG-160-1

: I CAN NOT LOCATE ANY INFO FOR A YAMAHA FG-160. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THIS FINE GUITAR, I WOULD SURE LOVE TO CHAT.

I own 2 and have all the info on them. Email me if you'd like to talk.

i own an fg-160 but cannot find the date it was manufactured on.

I've had one for about 13 years. I love it, and all my friends covet it. I'd love to get "all the info" on it. What strings do you use?

: : I CAN NOT LOCATE ANY INFO FOR A YAMAHA FG-160. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THIS FINE GUITAR, I WOULD SURE LOVE TO CHAT.
: : CANT SEEM TO LOCATE AN FG-160 ON THE WEB ANYWHERE???

: I own 2 and have all the info on them. Email me if you'd like to talk.

: I've had one for about 13 years. I love it, and all my friends covet it. I'd love to get "all the info" on it. What strings do you use?

: : : I CAN NOT LOCATE ANY INFO FOR A YAMAHA FG-160. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THIS FINE GUITAR, I WOULD SURE LOVE TO CHAT.
: : : CANT SEEM TO LOCATE AN FG-160 ON THE WEB ANYWHERE???

: : I own 2 and have all the info on them. Email me if you'd like to talk.

:: try using elixer strings i have tried a wide range strings but the elixers make my fg160 sound like a totaly different guitar

I own a Yamaha FG-160 and although I don't have any technical info I can tell you it is a fabulous instrument. It hasn't been played in years but I recently decided to start playing again and as soon as I get new strings I will be using it again. Good luck

i also have 2 160s 1 is a 160 and the other one is a 160-1 the 160 is the older of the 2. there ie a number inside your guitar on the top near the bottom of the neck use that number and find out what year your 160-1 is made mine are a 74 and a 76.go to yamahas web page and they will have a serial wizard.go there and you put in you numbers and it will tell you the date.i have a total of 8 yamahas love them guitars gman

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.