Real values of kiso suzuki

Posted by Alain Perrot on Mon, 11/11/02 - 05:46:37.

Hi everybody !

Many people would like to know what to think about their suzuki guitar.
I've been playing guitar for 30 years and owned many of them.

First, let me tell you I've owned :

kiso suzuki wt 150 12 strings
suzuki sd 335 handmade
kiso suzuki w200d
suzuki d35R
kiso suzuki w40a
kiso suzuki w40
kiso suzuki w300

I now own :

martin d42
yamaha dw8 (cheap guitar)
yamaha ll500
kiso suzuki w300
kiso suzuki w35

I used to love and collect many kiso suzuki guitars because everybody said it sounded as good or better than martin guitars.

This is false, wrong, not true !!!
It's just legend.
Those guitars (kiso) have fine plastic motifs but can never compete with "real" guitars !!!!
Why ? Because table of the guitar is....ashwood !!!! I broke one and could see it...

If you want really better sounding guitars than the suzuki with low price, go for yamaha dw8 (300-400US). It's worth the money and sounds 10x better than the suzuki.

The suzuki sounds not that bad at low level. Play hard and they all Bzz or sound get very confused....

By the way all my kiso suzuki are for sale....

How much ?

They price 50euros (dollars) at ebay.de !!!
Usually you can get them for 80 euros (dollars)

That's their real price.

I have no doubt some guys will want to pay 300 extra bucks for those ashes guitar. I idi once. Never do it again.

Once again, go try the yamaha dw 8 or dw10.

You'll understand...

Best regards,

Alain.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have a AB335R Kiso Suzuki

Hi there. I purchased a AB335R guitar. Has the in pretty decent shape. Looks as though the serial number leans to a 1972. Is there any sites that help break down the model letters and numbers. My guitar has the v inlay in the back. By the way it sounds amazing. If anyone has found info on these guitars id love to know more about it.

K.Suzuki J200 copy

I've seen a K.Suzuki old guitar for sale.Looks like a Gibson J200 in maple back and sides.Solid top.Poor tuners.Plays and sounds great.Any comments before 27/01/2017. Thanks.

w100 suzuki

when I bought it many years ago my neighbour had a Gibson and wanted to trade it out rite because mine had a better sound quality

Kiso Suzuki W-350 through W-500

would love to own one of these again. my father got mine for me when I was young and I have looked for over 35 years for a W-350 or one that would be sure to sound as well all the way up to the w-500. Heard there was a w-600 at one point. would never resale. want it because of what the w-350 means to me. If you have one and you would like to sale it, please let me know. Or the W-500. Thank you.

suzuki guitar

saw a guitar at a yard sale and was looking things up about it and some guy came and picked it up and bought it, looking for a woc260? leaves going up the front? where can I find one for sale

suzuki w500 n° 61061

i want to sale it

Suzuki W350

I have a Suzuki W350 I brought over 30 years ago, in almost mint condition.
I'm still trying to lean to play it.

Could you please let me know a value of a guitar

Hi there,

I have a Nagoya Suzuki SD 365 S Handcrafted D 89070840 Guitar in excellent condition, could I please have an idea of the value of this please.

Thankyou.

Kind Regards
Claud Mangifesta

suzuki acoustic guitar

I have a suzuki acoustic guitar, model number w300. I have had this guitar for over 30 years. Would any one happen to
know where the serial number be located on this instrument. Please send any information you may have to my email address. Thank you

ser. #

the serial number is pressed into the neck stock which you can see if you look down through the sound hole towards the neck. Use a good light. I have one also.

Re: Real values of kiso suzuki

I just got a Kiso CFSuzuki W-1000 BB
very fancy guitar like D-45 Martin, made in Japan
wat is the value.

w1000bb

hi pierre do you still own this guitar I have the catalogue whith this guitar in it next to the wos260 which I own would love to see some photos if possible thanks jarrod ...

Suzuki W-1000 BB

I have one that I bought about a year ago. Nice guitar but needs some fine tuning.

Re: Value of Suzuki SD 335 handmade

do you know exacally how much a Suzuki SD 335 handmade is worth today?
I just recently aquired my grandpa's SD 335, and would like to know how much it is possibly worth today, because it is an old guitar.

Re: Real values of Su Suki Guitar

: Hi Alain
: I have a double head Su Suki Folk guitar made in Japan, is there any value in it, regards Ann

Alain, ashes? I'm not a Luthier merely a master cabinet maker. I had occasion to disassemble my sons Kiso Suzuki K 190 Sunflower to do repairs [the damage was not from poor workmanship, accidents do happen]. Solid spruce top, solid mahogany back and high quality laminate sides, if this is representative of the make I would have to question your assertation and your knowledge of woods irrespective of how long you have been playing.

Cheers

suzuki w-350 or 9513 or any of the multi 3-piece back

I have almost lost my love the day my guitar was stolen. My father had purchased it for me to help me through some things. Every time I see that three piece back, my heart longs to see one up close again. How beautiful, how awesome, the w-350 fit my hands perfectly. Don't know if this is what they call a banjo neck, but it was thinner than other guitars. Have seen a 12 string Suzuki, with the 3-piece maple/rosewood vs mahagony backs. I guessed at the woods, found out later I was right. Know nothing at all about woods, guitars, I just know I loved my guitar my daddy bought me as a young girl and guessed I sensed a rosewood had to be involved, a maple tree is a sign of strength (my daddy has been strong for so many and given so much, my mother has been an angel to those in need), the mahogony ... just because of the old time furniture i had seen. So rich and beautiful the wood. So rich and meaningful ... my dad had no idea until later what all i had gone thru ... he gave me my first counselor. My Suzuki and I went through counseling together, just like before the guitar ... was my Bugs Bunny with the pull string. They both remind me of my father. Good man, good quality, good guitar, from the heart!

thank you father for showing me the light in the darkness ... music ... once healed ... i shared my healing with others ... and they too were healed! No greater guitar in the world for me!!!

I HAVE KISO SUZIKI W300

I HAVE KISO SUZIKI W300 THREE PIOENCE BACK SLENDER NECK AND PICK UP SPLENDIND SOUND IT CAN BE YOURS FOR $400.00

Have seen a 12 string Suzuki, with the 3-piece maple/rosewood vs

I have the pleasure of owning just such a 12-string. WT-200 It has aged & needs TLC but the book-ended wood on the back is beautiful, no awesome!!! Would post a pic but don't see the option here. Tone stunning. A local band were so impressed they borrowed it for recording their CD. Previously owned by a well-known deceased local musician-Syd Kitchen. I went to pay the balance on a 6-string but he thought I wasn't coming & sold it minutes before I got there, so asked if I would accept his 12-string.

: Alain, ashes? I'm not a Luthier merely a master cabinet maker. I had occasion to disassemble my sons Kiso Suzuki K 190 Sunflower to do repairs [the damage was not from poor workmanship, accidents do happen]. Solid spruce top, solid mahogany back and high quality laminate sides, if this is representative of the make I would have to question your assertation and your knowledge of woods irrespective of how long you have been playing.

: Cheers

I felt confused with alain words. I own a Suzuki kiso WE150 and weights much more than others. I notice fine woods on it Mahogany, Rosewood and maybe spruce in the front (after 30 years it became more brown). I have no idea about the price of my guitar but I am sure that I would not send it for less than 500 $ (It hasn't price really 33 years with me is too much).
I agree with the sound of some yamahas but you can find yamaha sound in many otherS...AND YOU WILL NOT FIND A SUZUKI THOUGH.

"The suzuki sounds not that bad at low level. Play hard and they all Bzz or sound get very confused...."

Since you are such a guitar expert, you should know that these matters are 100% adjustible via the neck angle.

: Hi everybody !

: Many people would like to know what to think about their suzuki guitar.
: I've been playing guitar for 30 years and owned many of them.

: First, let me tell you I've owned :

: kiso suzuki wt 150 12 strings
: suzuki sd 335 handmade
: kiso suzuki w200d
: suzuki d35R
: kiso suzuki w40a
: kiso suzuki w40
: kiso suzuki w300

: I now own :

: martin d42
: yamaha dw8 (cheap guitar)
: yamaha ll500
: kiso suzuki w300
: kiso suzuki w35

: I used to love and collect many kiso suzuki guitars because everybody said it sounded as good or better than martin guitars.

: This is false, wrong, not true !!!
: It's just legend.
: Those guitars (kiso) have fine plastic motifs but can never compete with "real" guitars !!!!
: Why ? Because table of the guitar is....ashwood !!!! I broke one and could see it...

: If you want really better sounding guitars than the suzuki with low price, go for yamaha dw8 (300-400US). It's worth the money and sounds 10x better than the suzuki.

: The suzuki sounds not that bad at low level. Play hard and they all Bzz or sound get very confused....

: By the way all my kiso suzuki are for sale....

: How much ?

: They price 50euros (dollars) at ebay.de !!!
: Usually you can get them for 80 euros (dollars)

: That's their real price.

: I have no doubt some guys will want to pay 300 extra bucks for those ashes guitar. I idi once. Never do it again.

: Once again, go try the yamaha dw 8 or dw10.

: You'll understand...

: Best regards,

: Alain.

What's it worth?

Hi I have a kiso Suzuki guitar in great condition. Model W-65d I have no idea what it's worth can you help?

I have a W-300 at least 35 years old . Has beautiful
inlay and plays great . Sorry to hear the only value
it has is to me !

: I have a W-300 at least 35 years old . Has beautiful
: inlay and plays great . Sorry to hear the only value
: it has is to me !

I definitly agree with you. A few kiso are great, some are very bad, but, unfortunately they don't sell more than 100-150 dollars. Because it's made of laminated woods with thin sheet of nice wood "a la trompe l'oeil)
It's got the dream, not the drive !

Try a dw 20 yammy or... a martin (d28 / d35) and be prepared to cry....

Regards,

Alain

kiso suzuki w 180 1978

In 1978 I took this wonderful acoustic guitar. Spent about $ 500 in Italian lire =300.000,00 lire at the exchange period).
I wonder how much it might cost today this instrument if you want to sell?
It 's perfect, bridge, feet, rope, acoustic, no scratch. Beautifull.

gianluca

Hi Alain & Co.,

A friend has offered to sell me his Kiso Suzuki W80. He bought it in 1974, it's in near mint condition, the Kiso Suzuki label is signed inside (I'm not sure if that's standard), and it has a beautiful sound. He thinks he might have paid $150-$200 for it, but I can't find any information online about how much it's worth now. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Shayna

Sorry -- that's a model W180, not W80.

A Kiso-Suzuki W180 is very rare. You'll be lucky to get any info, let alone a price. Check in again in two centuries.

: Sorry -- that's a model W180, not W80.

I paid $279 for a kiso suzuki W180 3 years ago. I didnt know anything about guitars, let alone that it was 2nd hand! When I found out that it was, I was going to take it back to the retailer and ask for my money back! However, I have started to play it just over two months ago and I took it to get it cleaned up and restrung. (at a different music store!) The guy didnt want to give it back to me, saying that it is a beautiful rare guitar. he asked how much I paid for it so i told him. I asked him how much was it really worth. he just looked at me and said 'Try putting another '0' at the end of what you paid for it!' WOW! and yeah! it sounds like a $2,000 guitar. absolutely stunning workmanship. Thank goodness that I never took it back for a refund :)

Do you still own the W180?

Looking for one.

Kiso Suzuki W180

Hi Ed, I still have my W180 'Suzie' no intentions of selling it though. There is one going on ebay (but in the USA) Kind regards, Ginni

Re: Real values of ANY guitar

My comments will be aimed mainly at suzuki guitars. for me if you play guitar and own a suzuki and you wake up in the morning and play it, if it makes you smile and makes you sing, if it holds memories dear to you of the camp fire night when you sang to your your children, if these are things that your suzuki guitar reminds you of then the value should never be viewed in cash terms. i own 2 suzuki guitars an FT150 Takeharu and the other is too old to get a model number from but both (as with the rest of my 30+guitar collection) are very dear to me, an instrument in the eyes of a player is a tool for making sound it transforms vibrations and sends them to the air for all to share. now my point is this... weather this process is done on a $3000 Martin os on a $20 aria it has the same desired effect for the listener and if you are a real musician you can enjoy the work that went into any instrument even those that were banged out by machines, feel the machine. I dont think suzuki guitars are that bad at all and i will buy more of them, i live in japan and always buy at least 2 guitars a week i like old japanese guitars my favorites being Tokai and Morris (now these guys make a nice guitar) i have a 12 string morris and 2 6 strings all hand made of cause. and just for the record i got a Kono(Sakurai) classical model 15 that is worth a mint but it dont get any more attention than the rest of my guitars.. value your guitar with your heart and not with somebody's wallet. if you dont want it may i suggest giving it to a child that cannot afford to buy a guitar but wants to play so much, the rewards are golden....trust me. bye bye

Kiso Suzuki Model W180

I bought my Kiso Suziki Model W180 new in '73. Serial #41158...It's been great to me...are they worth anything??
Thanks!

Guitar value and repairs

I purchased up a Grand Suzuki guitar, model # GT180, at a yard sale yesterday for $15.00. The guitar is cracked on the side and has a small hole on the edge of the face close to the neck. Surprisingly, the sound is strong and beautiful; I didn't expect anything more than a dull thud because of the damage. I would like to know what the original value was and also, if I repair the cracks could it destroy the sound?

Thanks!

Re: Yamaha electric

Someone gave me a Yamaha "Weddington Custom" Electric guitar, excellent condition, inlaid frets, dark mottled red in color. Can anyone out there tell me how much it might be worth? Made in Japan, Serial No. 1H29007.
Please, email me at cass@earthrunner.com

I'd say $500 should do it.

I paid 700 for mine. It's an '86 Roseburst.

Hi Spike !

Well, i could sometimes agree with you... But come on ! How can you compare a kiso suzuki, three S suzuki, or Suzuki guitar, not to talk about Johnson and Takeruh suzuki, with, what you call, "tokai" acoustic guitars ?

You live in Jpan ? Great ! I'm not going to remind you that what you call 'tokai' acoustic guitars (distributing firm of acoustic guitars + electric guitars builing), are in fact the CAT'S EYES hand-made guitars made with Martin Kits from 1972-1983.

I've played on a CE1200D, CE3000 and on a CE1000 cat's eyes...

About Morris, I have the W100D. Exact d45 martin copy... Of course, I know the w20, w30, w60 made by morris, and we could talk a lot about them.

FOR all the dead lovers of susuki guitars here, there is only ONE worth suzuki guitar...

It's the three S W800 hand made, solid wood top, back and sides, grover tuners abalone and inlay everywhere... You'll find 1 ex in Japan.

Period.

You want infos about :

w30
w30 a
w40
w40a
w40 grand suzuki hillbilly
w100
w150T
w200
w250
w300
w350
w500
w800

f130
f200
f300
f350

Three s (the serie)
Johnson
Takeruh

all made by Suzukin Kiso Suzuki or Iwoma Suzuki...

Ask Here.

I have pics and can answer...

Once again,

All of those guitars, except the W800, are worth from 75 us dollars to 150-200 us dollars...

Sorry if it hurts some people, but truth gotta be said...

Best regards to evrery body,

Alain.

Can someone tell me something about a Kiso Suzuki Grand Hillbilly W-50? I find nothing on the net, but have seen a
photo (D-35 copy from the 70's--looks gorgeous; seems to have a 3-piece, rio back and spruce top). thanks! fts

Hi Alain,

I have Suzuki no. 7 and suzuki no. 9 acoustic guitars. Just wondering what those numbers stand for and if there is any way to tell what year they are from. Also, one was strung with steel strings and the other was strung with nylon and steel strings. Just if you happen to know what the proper string arrangement should be. Thank you.

Hi,
I just bought a Kiso Suzuki W100 for 150 dollars, did I get ripped off?

: Hi,
: I just bought a Kiso Suzuki W100 for 150 dollars, did I get ripped off?
NO this is OK price

: Hi Spike ! ok, maybe you know kiso suzuki guitars, but in my 40 years of playing and owning a martin, a billy grammer, a guild, a couple of old epis, a gibson j-45, and a few others...and playing almost everything out there at one time or the other, my suzuki w30 hillbilly outplays, out sounds, and even out looks them all. i bought it for $200 and honestly wouldnt sell it for less than $1000. i was told there were less than 50 made but I dont know. I just know shes my baby and I love her.

: Well, i could sometimes agree with you... But come on ! How can you compare a kiso suzuki, three S suzuki, or Suzuki guitar, not to talk about Johnson and Takeruh suzuki, with, what you call, "tokai" acoustic guitars ?

: You live in Jpan ? Great ! I'm not going to remind you that what you call 'tokai' acoustic guitars (distributing firm of acoustic guitars + electric guitars builing), are in fact the CAT'S EYES hand-made guitars made with Martin Kits from 1972-1983.

: I've played on a CE1200D, CE3000 and on a CE1000 cat's eyes...

: About Morris, I have the W100D. Exact d45 martin copy... Of course, I know the w20, w30, w60 made by morris, and we could talk a lot about them.

: FOR all the dead lovers of susuki guitars here, there is only ONE worth suzuki guitar...

: It's the three S W800 hand made, solid wood top, back and sides, grover tuners abalone and inlay everywhere... You'll find 1 ex in Japan.

: Period.

: You want infos about :

: w30
: w30 a
: w40
: w40a
: w40 grand suzuki hillbilly
: w100
: w150T
: w200
: w250
: w300
: w350
: w500
: w800

: f130
: f200
: f300
: f350

: Three s (the serie)
: Johnson
: Takeruh

: all made by Suzukin Kiso Suzuki or Iwoma Suzuki...

: Ask Here.

: I have pics and can answer...

: Once again,

: All of those guitars, except the W800, are worth from 75 us dollars to 150-200 us dollars...

: Sorry if it hurts some people, but truth gotta be said...

: Best regards to evrery body,

: Alain.

Suzuki three-s w200 acoustic I bought in japan

Hi, I Bought a Suzuki three-s w200 acoustic Guitar that I bought in japan about 1977~78.

It is still in Good condition...I am currious as to it's approximate value. I still have the Sales Cared that was on it...and therefore Know I Paid 20,000 yen for it.

m Any tip's/help/info much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

: :Hi I have a double neck Su Suki folk guitar made in Japan is there any value to it regards Ann

Hi Billy,

I am not sure if your are still tracking down this old email.
I have in my hand a piece of Grand Suzuki type W65h, product of Kiso Suzuki Violin Co. It is still in good condition with a normal wear. The body dominate with a melow burgundy color. I wonder if you are willing to pay this as it is going to sell.

Let me know if you are interested.

Rgds.
Louis Abraham
Jakarta, Indonesia

:Hi, I have the opportunity to buy a Kiso Suzuki W300 or a Fina FAW-808CEQMAB. Does anybody know which one is better and about how much I should be willing to pay for either?
: Hi Billy,

: I am not sure if your are still tracking down this old email.
: I have in my hand a piece of Grand Suzuki type W65h, product of Kiso Suzuki Violin Co. It is still in good condition with a normal wear. The body dominate with a melow burgundy color. I wonder if you are willing to pay this as it is going to sell.

: Let me know if you are interested.

: Rgds.
: Louis Abraham
: Jakarta, Indonesia

HI there. i have a suzuki Three S. Model # AD320S is it woth anything? thx.

: Hello I found a suzuki guiatar at a yard sell. the label inside sas "SUZUKI VIOLIN COMPANY LIMITED F-90. I can't find a F-90, closest i can find is a F-100. Is it worth antthing and where can I find any info? Thanks

Re: Real values of suzuki kiso w 250

: : Hi Spike ! ok, maybe you know kiso suzuki guitars, but in my 40 years of playing and owning a martin, a billy grammer, a guild, a couple of old epis, a gibson j-45, and a few others...and playing almost everything out there at one time or the other, my suzuki w30 hillbilly outplays, out sounds, and even out looks them all. i bought it for $200 and honestly wouldnt sell it for less than $1000. i was told there were less than 50 made but I dont know. I just know shes my baby and I love her.

: : Well, i could sometimes agree with you... But come on ! How can you compare a kiso suzuki, three S suzuki, or Suzuki guitar, not to talk about Johnson and Takeruh suzuki, with, what you call, "tokai" acoustic guitars ?

: : You live in Jpan ? Great ! I'm not going to remind you that what you call 'tokai' acoustic guitars (distributing firm of acoustic guitars + electric guitars builing), are in fact the CAT'S EYES hand-made guitars made with Martin Kits from 1972-1983.

: : I've played on a CE1200D, CE3000 and on a CE1000 cat's eyes...

: : About Morris, I have the W100D. Exact d45 martin copy... Of course, I know the w20, w30, w60 made by morris, and we could talk a lot about them.

: : FOR all the dead lovers of susuki guitars here, there is only ONE worth suzuki guitar...

: : It's the three S W800 hand made, solid wood top, back and sides, grover tuners abalone and inlay everywhere... You'll find 1 ex in Japan.

: : Period.

: : You want infos about :

: : w30
: : w30 a
: : w40
: : w40a
: : w40 grand suzuki hillbilly
: : w100
: : w150T
: : w200
: : w250
: : w300
: : w350
: : w500
: : w800

: : f130
: : f200
: : f300
: : f350

: : Three s (the serie)
: : Johnson
: : Takeruh

: : all made by Suzukin Kiso Suzuki or Iwoma Suzuki...

: : Ask Here.

: : I have pics and can answer...

: : Once again,

: : All of those guitars, except the W800, are worth from 75 us dollars to 150-200 us dollars...

: : Sorry if it hurts some people, but truth gotta be said...

: : Best regards to evrery body,

: : Alain.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.