1967 Kiso Suzuki Classical Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Carol Shumate on Fri, 12/20/02 - 11:07:39.

I bought this guitar at a garage sale. It sounded great which was why I bought it but I have no idea what it is worth. The label is very old looking and the lettering on it appears to be hand-lettered as opposed to type-written. It only shows the brand name as: "KisoSuzukiViolin,ltd." and the year made was 1967. The rest of the label is somewhat faded but I can make out the number 45. It also has the phrase "Copy of Antonius Stradivarus 1720" I've had quite a difference of opinion as the the worth of this guitar (anywhere from "its worth thousands" to "its a piece of junk"). Can anyone help me with this?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1967 Kiso Suzuki Classical Guitar

: I bought this guitar at a garage sale. It sounded great which was why I bought it but I have no idea what it is worth. The label is very old looking and the lettering on it appears to be hand-lettered as opposed to type-written. It only shows the brand name as: "KisoSuzukiViolin,ltd." and the year made was 1967. The rest of the label is somewhat faded but I can make out the number 45. It also has the phrase "Copy of Antonius Stradivarus 1720" I've had quite a difference of opinion as the the worth of this guitar (anywhere from "its worth thousands" to "its a piece of junk"). Can anyone help me with this?

I also bought one of these guitars on e-bay sweet sound. They are worth $300-$400 in really good condion to the right buyer and not much to anyone else. The sound really good and some players love the neck. They appear to be solid back and sides but on close inspection are not, however the timbers used are realy good 'not junk' the real problem with this instrument is the tuners they are 32mm centred posts which are no longer available as 35mm is the standard. If you bust a tuner you need to go to singles or plung ad rebore. These guitars are of greatest value to the original owners. I have read that if you buy one it's hard to sell if you are a player, I'd agree ith that.

Re: 1967 Kiso Suzuki Classical Guitar and my guitar

I bought a guitar at a garage sale for 12 bucks and the brand says SuzukiViolin co. and the number of it is 700 can anyone help me??? Man this guitar looks like it is from the 60's i have had confirmations about that by some other guitarists. Please help me my email address is skatercentral_07@hotmail.com And about your guitar i will ask my uncle he will probably know he knows so much about guitars it isn't even funny.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.