Old "Playtime" Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Earllene Scott on Wed, 03/16/05 - 16:13:48.
In Reply to Guitars Man

I have an old Playtime guitar that seems like a regular sized guitar. I would like to find information about it and two others including how to date and value them. What/where is a resource to help me learn more about old guitars? One guitar belonged to my grandfather when he was younger and he would now be over 100 yrs old. Another has part of a label on the top above where the keys are that you use to tune the guitar. The brand appears to be something that starts with a "Na??? In and on the next line "Au????" The label was gold colored with red lettering and there is a treble clef music measure with a notation for B and E flats. This is a small 6 string guitar, has black "keys for tuning and metalholders for the strings. Around the "hole" of the guitar is a plastic type decoration that is gold speckled. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you. E. Scott

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Old

: I have an old Playtime guitar that seems like a regular sized guitar. I would like to find information about it and two others including how to date and value them. What/where is a resource to help me learn more about old guitars? One guitar belonged to my grandfather when he was younger and he would now be over 100 yrs old. Another has part of a label on the top above where the keys are that you use to tune the guitar. The brand appears to be something that starts with a "Na??? In and on the next line "Au????" The label was gold colored with red lettering and there is a treble clef music measure with a notation for B and E flats. This is a small 6 string guitar, has black "keys for tuning and metalholders for the strings. Around the "hole" of the guitar is a plastic type decoration that is gold speckled. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you. E. Scott

I also have old Playtime archtop and would love to find out anything on them.If you find out , please let me know.I have looked for info and found 3 other playtime guitars, but knowbody knows any back ground etc. Thanks, Rick( ricco10169@yahoo.com)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.