Franklin guitars

Posted by Dr.Richard Rotholz on Tue, 05/29/01 - 14:16:13.
In Reply to Guitars Man

Can you tell me where they can be obtained? Are they still making them?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Franklin guitars

I have a 1988 Franklin Jumbo E.I. rosewwod back amd sides
bound neck 1 11/16 width I seldom play it ....anyone interested ? price will not be discussed until instrument is experienced...will not ship....Guitar residing outside NYC

i don't know if you will get this message in time but there is a fantastic looking one for sale on e bay at the moment - 18/6/02

help me please.!
is there anybody ho can tell me if Franklin guitars
are still made and how to do to contact them.
thanks to someone who can help me

I may have a Frankilin Jumbo for sale soon. Guitar is in excellent condition. Please let me know if you'd like more information.

: help me please.!
: is there anybody ho can tell me if Franklin guitars
: are still made and how to do to contact them.
: thanks to someone who can help me

I got one of the last Franklins in 1996. Stefan Grossman told me, Nichk is has serious alcohol problems. So I lost a 2nd deposid and a brazillian rosewood set(!!).
be very carefull with Nick if you might get his address. Do not pay a single $ since you haven`t get the guitar in your own hands!
Sincerely
leo form Heidelberg, Germany

Dear Gerard,
I've ordered and got an Franklin Jumbo some years ago. I sent a very decent set of Brazillian Rossewood to Nick to build me a second guitar (w/deposit): I've lost it all!! I was told by S. Grossman that N. Kukich stopped guitarmaking, due to personal problems with himself (alcohol?). So be aware dropping money, if you will ever meet him (Please drop me a note than!).
best Regards
leo
Mai 2003, Heidelberg, Germany

Hi, I am curious if you ever were able to find Franklin Guitars again?

Greg

: Hi, I am curious if you ever were able to find Franklin Guitars again?

: Greg

Hi Greg,
Do you still have the franklin, I realize its been a while since your post but just thought I'd take a shot.
Thanks
Gary
509-990-2987PST

I have a 1987 Franklin Jumbo Brazilian rosewood for sale, if anyone is interested.

Would you please send some pics and details?

Thank you.

Dear Geald,
Nick Kukich seems to be back at work, thanks to his friend Mike Dulak, who helps him to get his feet on gound. Nick sent me back ma Brazillian woods and added a nice Koa set, too (Feb. 2004). Wow! He does not want to hurt anybody. I think you should give him a chance, not only because he is/was one of the really best steels-string-luthiers. Think abot how to be save, when placing a order and help Nick to hone his name...
Best wishes
Leo Andlauer

: Dear Gerard,
: I've ordered and got an Franklin Jumbo some years ago. I sent a very decent set of Brazillian Rossewood to Nick to build me a second guitar (w/deposit): I've lost it all!! I was told by S. Grossman that N. Kukich stopped guitarmaking, due to personal problems with himself (alcohol?). So be aware dropping money, if you will ever meet him (Please drop me a note than!).
: best Regards
: leo
: Mai 2003, Heidelberg, Germany

: : help me please.!
: : is there anybody ho can tell me if Franklin guitars
: : are still made and how to do to contact them.
: : thanks to someone who can help me

Hi Gerald,
I just took in a Brazilian D made by Kukich for Franklin. When interested, let me know.
best regards
Rudi

To the best of my Knowledge they are still making them.

Franklin Guitars
Luthier: Nick Kukich
3947 N. E. RODNEY
PORTLAND, OREGON 97212
503-287-9317

Nick made me an OM in 1991. Now I want a Stella replica. Nick still around?

Common wisdom elsewhere on the web is that Franklin guitars haven't been produced since about 1994.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.