Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: How much is my guitar worth?

:
: I have an EA-36N Washburn, Acoustic/electric with the Equis system; birdseye maple. I purchased it in 1995 and it is in perfect condition. What can I ask for it?

HD-28 P

HD-28 P

This popular thread has been given its own page : HD-28 P

Goya 12 String

Goya 12 String

This popular thread has been given its own page : Goya 12 String

need METALLICA tabs

Hello ! Is there anyone there who can email me some Metallica
tabs ?
I want Nothing Else Matters, One, etc.

stop being so lazy.

have you even tried looking for them? i doubt it. they are very easy to find. try searching olga. i know for a fact they have those tabs. stop being lazy and go out and do some research for your own.

Re: need METALLICA tabs

Go on to:http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ksl/guitar/metallica/bottom.htm

I do this just because it´s Metallica!

: Hello ! Is there anyone there who can email me some Metallica
: tabs ?
: I want Nothing Else Matters,Enter Sandman,Wherever I May Roam.

need METALLICA tabs

: : Hello ! Is there anyone there who can email me some Metallica
: : tabs ?
: : I want ALL COMPLETE TABS

: : I want THE MORE I SEE, mainly solo at the end of the song

: : I want ...and justice for all full tabs

Japanese guitaists wanted !!

Hi there !

I am searching for japanese guitarists with access
to the japanese magazine 'YOUNG GUITAR'. I am
interested in some specific articles.
Mail me and lets find out what I can get you in
return...

-Mac Gaunaa
p918242@student.dtu.dk

Boss GT-3 or GT-5

Which is the best?
Do they worth their weithg in money?
Thanks for your time!

Re: Boss GT-3 or GT-5

: i myself have owned a GT-3 and i thing they are great in the fact that you can do so much with them and the have great quality effects the big downer is tthat they are not practical on a live situation and that the require long hours of programming to get good sounds if i was you i would by a Digitech RP-2000

is there an online store that still sells new tex-mex strats(not j.r.v.tex-mex)?

I know about the discontinuement of them,and I can't find one anywhere.I appreciate any help.

Re: is there an online store that still sells new tex-mex strats(not j.r.v.tex-mex)?

: I know about the discontinuement of them,and I can't find one anywhere.I appreciate any help.

ave you tryed dawsons music stores.

ISO:Free Sheet music

Hi..I am a beginning Guitar player. Was wondering if there is a sight
Where one can get free sheet music for Acoustic Guitars. Other than CowPie.
Thanks!!! Jan

Re: ISO:Free Sheet music

I am also a beginner. Did you find any sources?

: Hi..I am a beginning Guitar player. Was wondering if there is a sight
: Where one can get free sheet music for Acoustic Guitars. Other than CowPie.
: Thanks!!! Jan

dislocated finger

Has anyone ever had a severely dislocated finger. I did a job on the middle finger of my lefy hand 2 months ago and the middle knuckle is still twice it's normal size. I can play but it's sill sore and stiff. Question: Will the swelling continue to lessen and the soreness decrease. If anyone has firsthand experience with this or knows of anyone who does, I'd sure appreciate hearing form you.
Thanks much!

Re: dislocated finger

Go to a doctor for Christ's sake. Why ask us?

: Has anyone ever had a severely dislocated finger. I did a job on the middle finger of my lefy hand 2 months ago and the middle knuckle is still twice it's normal size. I can play but it's sill sore and stiff. Question: Will the swelling continue to lessen and the soreness decrease. If anyone has firsthand experience with this or knows of anyone who does, I'd sure appreciate hearing form you.
: Thanks much!

I once had a dislocated shoulder. I went to a doctor and he put it back in.

: Has anyone ever had a severely dislocated finger. I did a job on the middle finger of my lefy hand 2 months ago and the middle knuckle is still twice it's normal size. I can play but it's sill sore and stiff. Question: Will the swelling continue to lessen and the soreness decrease. If anyone has firsthand experience with this or knows of anyone who does, I'd sure appreciate hearing form you.
: Thanks much!

I assume you have sought medical attention. I haven't had disclocations, however, I punctured the tendon in my left pinky about 20 yrs. ago. I had to make some adjustments, but I don't really think about it now.

About 1 1/2 years ago I fractured the next-to-last finger on my left hand. It still does not bend all the way, but I recovered the strength through physical therapy. Again, I made some adjustments, and my playing is no better or worse than it was. If anything, it may be a little better, because I have to concentrate more on how I use the pinky and the finger.

Assuming you have had the medical attention, see if you can get physical therapy. Also, music stores sell finger exercisers in various degrees of resistance. Try those (but not before consulting an MD)

: my lady friend dislocated her finger, and we were wondering how long after the actual inury can she start therapy.
What kind of therapy should she do?

Thanks,
larry

sheet music papers

What site can I go to to down load and print some blank tabliture papers to write down some stuff on. You know blank music paper that sort of thing.

Re: sheet music papers

www.CNET.com

: What site can I go to to down load and print some blank tabliture papers to write down some stuff on. You know blank music paper that sort of thing.

: : What site can I go to to down load and print some blank tabliture papers to write down some stuff on. You know blank music paper that sort of thing.

bass tabs

wher can i print out bass tabs of rock music to learn?

downloading sheetmusic

Where can I download some fairly easy sheet music, as
I'm just starting to learn, and don't want to fork out a fortune? Especially, Extreme; More than Words.

Re: downloading sheetmusic

Where can I find the sheet music for the theme for Sense and Sensibility (movie) for the piano?
Thanks

i would to print some tabliture music. were can i find some

http://www.geocities.com/etheltheaardvark/tabstaff.htm

Am I great or what?

http://www.geocities.com/etheltheaardvark/tabstaff.htm

Pinch Harmonics?

Can anyone please explain how to perform a pinch harmonic or refer me to a site that can, thanks?

Re: Pinch Harmonics?

Hmm.I'll try to explain it.With your right hand placed
near the middle of the rythym pickup you should try to
lightly brush the string with your thumb while hitting the string this will produce a harmonic/octave of the note you're actually playing.Try not to dampen the string though.On a 22 fret guitar try to imagine where the 24th fret would be,there's your harmonic!
Good Luck

i don't understand could you please give me more help as my favourite guitarist is richie sambora (BON JOVI) and he uses pinched harmonics on almost all of his solos ,thanks

You know that high squealing note you sometimes get
accidentally if your picking is inaccurate?
thats the sound you get when you do a pinch harmonic.
Try slanting the pick in your hand so that your thumb is near to the point of the pick, then pick the note as normal, now your thumb, being close to the point, should brush the string lightly, resulting in a note an octave higher being played.
You just have to practice it.
Picking over the fretboard makes it much easier, that way you can get the taste to it, and move your pickhand to where you normally pick when you master that.

: i don't understand could you please give me more help as my favourite guitarist is richie sambora (BON JOVI) and he uses pinched harmonics on almost all of his solos ,thanks

: i don't understand could you please give me more help as my favourite guitarist is richie sambora (BON JOVI) and he uses pinched harmonics on almost all of his solos ,thanks

: : i don't understand could you please give me more help as my favourite guitarist is richie sambora (BON JOVI) and he uses pinched harmonics on almost all of his solos ,thanks

Not sure if you have solved your problem yet
email me i will send you a drawing of how to do that...

The slide down symbol "\"

: Hmm.I'll try to explain it.With your right hand placed
: near the middle of the rythym pickup you should try to
: lightly brush the string with your thumb while hitting the string this will produce a harmonic/octave of the note you're actually playing.Try not to dampen the string though.On a 22 fret guitar try to imagine where the 24th fret would be,there's your harmonic!
: Good Luck

In the song "Liberty" by Steve Vai, how do you play the note \49 which can be found on the very first tablature.

Re: Pinch Harmonics web site

i was lookin gfor the same thing at as jeeves I got this web site, Hope it helps
http://www.guitarlessonworld.com/

: Can anyone please explain how to perform a pinch harmonic or refer me to a site that can, thanks?

go to www.cyberfret.com/techniques/harmonics/pinch/index.php

BOSS ME-30

BOSS ME-30

This popular thread has been given its own page : BOSS ME-30

What electric guitar would be ideal for beginners?

Hello,
My name is Chris and I am thinking of buying an electronic
guitar.
I have three questions:

1. What electric guitar would be ideal for beginners?

2. How much would it cost?

3. I went in to my local music store and was told a "Fender" guitar at
a cost of £379 was the best guitar for beginners.
Is this the best guitar for beginners?
Is the price (£379) right for a "Fender guitar"?
If not how much should 1 be and where can I get a cheaper 1 in the
North West area?

CHEERS FOR YOUR HELP!

Re: What electric guitar would be ideal for beginners?

Sounds like that price (in Sterling, right?) might be for a Mexican built Fender Stratocaster,
which would, in my opinion, be a very good guitar for a beginner. There are cheaper options, though.
Fender make a reputable entry level guitar called the Squire Stratocaster, which you should be able
to pick up for about half that price. What kind of guitar sound are you looking for? In Strat style you
could look at Yamaha Pacificas -- pretty good and pretty cheap. Obviously, they're not going to be as
good as a £1600 guitar, but for a beginner they'd be fine. Check out some Epiphone guitars in the
Les Paul style. Have a look at some back issues of The Guitar Magazine -- the revirews are great.
Online, go to the guitar department of www.harmony-central.com.

: Sounds like that price (in Sterling, right?) might be for a Mexican built Fender Stratocaster,
: which would, in my opinion, be a very good guitar for a beginner. There are cheaper options, though.
: Fender make a reputable entry level guitar called the Squire Stratocaster, which you should be able
: to pick up for about half that price. What kind of guitar sound are you looking for? In Strat style you
: could look at Yamaha Pacificas -- pretty good and pretty cheap. Obviously, they're not going to be as
: good as a £1600 guitar, but for a beginner they'd be fine. Check out some Epiphone guitars in the
: Les Paul style. Have a look at some back issues of The Guitar Magazine -- the revirews are great.
: Online, go to the guitar department of www.harmony-central.com.

>>>>Because you are a beginer, I would suggest getting a solid color mexi strat. Used guitars offer a better deal but you really have to know what you are doing to get the best one. Mexi' Fenders are good middle of the road guitars and will take you into the next playing level.

: Hello,
: My name is Chris and I am thinking of buying an electronic
: guitar.
: I have three questions:

: 1. What electric guitar would be ideal for beginners?

: 2. How much would it cost?

: 3. I went in to my local music store and was told a "Fender" guitar at
: a cost of £379 was the best guitar for beginners.
: Is this the best guitar for beginners?
: Is the price (£379) right for a "Fender guitar"?
: If not how much should 1 be and where can I get a cheaper 1 in the
: North West area?

:
: CHEERS FOR YOUR HELP!

Hello

All I can say is stay away from Fender SQUIRES, cuz they're absolutely the worst guitars on this planet, and don't have anything to do with a real Fender Guitar.
squires look ncute, but THEY SOUND AWFUL, even if you manage to tune them. And even if you do, and it starts to sound more or less OK, it never intonates well.
A throwaway guitar, that's it. I'd advise you to look for a used Mexican Fender - all in all, try to find something used, but of a better quality - or a Japanese one.
Yamaha's Pacificas are jolly good too. I know, that you just begind, and don't feel like giving away a grand for an axe and then playing drums for the rest of yer life, but the better guitar you have the more attached you get to it.
But - look for used ones, and happy hunting!

Feel free to ask, anyway.

what kind

hi,,
What kind of Fender did Kurt Cobain play most of the time?
Thank you
David
: : Hello,
: : My name is Chris and I am thinking of buying an electronic
: : guitar.
: : I have three questions:

: : 1. What electric guitar would be ideal for beginners?

: : 2. How much would it cost?

: : 3. I went in to my local music store and was told a "Fender" guitar at
: : a cost of £379 was the best guitar for beginners.
: : Is this the best guitar for beginners?
: : Is the price (£379) right for a "Fender guitar"?
: : If not how much should 1 be and where can I get a cheaper 1 in the
: : North West area?

: :
: : CHEERS FOR YOUR HELP!

: Hello

: All I can say is stay away from Fender SQUIRES, cuz they're absolutely the worst guitars on this planet, and don't have anything to do with a real Fender Guitar.
: squires look ncute, but THEY SOUND AWFUL, even if you manage to tune them. And even if you do, and it starts to sound more or less OK, it never intonates well.
: A throwaway guitar, that's it. I'd advise you to look for a used Mexican Fender - all in all, try to find something used, but of a better quality - or a Japanese one.
: Yamaha's Pacificas are jolly good too. I know, that you just begind, and don't feel like giving away a grand for an axe and then playing drums for the rest of yer life, but the better guitar you have the more attached you get to it.
: But - look for used ones, and happy hunting!

: Feel free to ask, anyway.

Which is the best multi-effect now available?

Which is the best multi-effect now available?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Which is the best multi-effect now available?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.