Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: AX1000G

Ax1000g:s manual instructions can be downloaded ata
korg.com

Help me too!

i've got the same problem, it dosen't work for me either, send me tips please!

Framus tenor guitar

I recently laid my hands on a Framus tenor. Can anyone tell me how to tune this? What notes and fret cheating? Thanks

CMI Gibson 335 copy

Back in 1981 I picked up my first decent guitar which was a second hand CMI Gibson 335 copy semi-acoustic. Although it's not a patch on the American Standard Strat that I know play, I have fond memories of the CMI as I learnt to play on it. Can anyone tell me anything about CMI semi's?

Whaaazup with Strat pickup pole-spacing?

What's goin' on with the pickup poles? Damn things are hardly ever directly under the string!
Seymours on my Big Apple Strat, only the neck HB is correct spacing; bridge HB is 1/8" too narrow (though a Fender ad says it was 'designed specially for the guitar.)
Dimarzio 'F' spaced pickups (eg. PAF Pro) have a different spacing yet, and fit under there perfectly! Standard Strat single-coil spacing is too wide for this hard-tail Strat!
Overall, I find a 3/16" range in Strat pickup pole-spacing! Whaaazup, guitar pickup designers?

Re: Whaaazup with Strat pickup pole-spacing?

In General, big guitar makers are just too F'ing lazy and stupid to do this right. However, the polepieces are not really important. It's more important that the magnetic field extends around the strings far enough to pick up the entire string's travel. Thats why some guitars just use a single "blade" polepiece.

Intro and middle solo for Pure Prairie Leagues "Amy"

Have not been able to locate tab for the intro and the middle solo for Pure Prairie Leagues "Amy". If anyone has it I would really appreciate your E-Mailing it to me at chico42@gateway.net. Thanks

Digitech RP2000

Was recommened this unit by a friend, can you tell me how much one might cost me?

Re: Digitech RP2000

It will run you about 400 bucks.

Re: Digitech RP2000

ABOUT $400.00

this page

i have been playing the guitar for 40 years and i have never seen any thing so crap

Eric who?

: i have been playing the guitar for 40 years and i have never seen any thing so crap

Eric...who?

I bet you can't play as good as Jimi Hendrix. Oh yeah.... and how come I've never heard of you before if you're so hot?

Groovon

and i never heard of you

: i have been playing the guitar for 40 years and i have never seen any thing so crap

Re: and i never heard of you

: : i have been playing the guitar for 40 years and i have never seen any thing so crap

Hey Jimi:

That's because you went and carked it before I got famous, you drugged out old fart!

Tone Woody

tabs e-group

go 2 www.pbtabs.nav.to.......
to join are new egroup
where we will sent u loads of cool tabs and stuff#

hold the line

Anybody who knows how to play the intro (guitar) of Hold the line(TOTO)

Help Needed

How do I play with an offbeat or syncapated rythm? I would like to have more of a clapping beat when I play.

Re: Help Needed

: How do I play with an offbeat or syncapated rythm? I would like to have more of a clapping beat when I play.

Easier done than described. I find that to do this involves good co-ordination between the left and right hands. What I do is to deaden all strings on the downbeat whilst hitting the strings downwards with the plectrum. I achieve a good deadening effect by lifting the left hand slightly at the same time as dampening the strings with the leading edge of my right hand, (little finger edge). on the upbeat I then release slightly with my right hand and clamp down on the chord with my left hand to get the chord tones. As soon as the duration of the chord is complete I then form a dampened downbeat by deadening the strings again wih the little finger leading edge of the right hand as the plactrum hits the strings. This forms quite a percussive effect akin to a regular offbeat clap rhythm. Hope this helps and good luck.

Steve

Ventura acoustic 6 string

Ventura Acoustic designed in the USA made in Japan. It is a very blonde wood inlaid with mother-of-pearl and some parque work. It has the most wonderful sound I have ever heard from a 6 string. It is a #29. I can't find any information about it. Can anyone help?

Settings for Digitech's GFX1

I need settings for my GFX-1 Does someone have some ?

ART SGX 2000Express

I have a ART SGX2000 Express Guitar Effects System that once belonged to my son. Can you tell me how I might find out if it has any current value? How can I contact manufacturer?

Thanks,

Glenn Long

Re: ART SGX 2000Express

You might reach the manufacturer through their web page, try:
http://www.artroch.com/index/cservice.htm

no it is not worth much,,I will give you 50 bucks for it and pay shipping if you would like to unload it. my company recycles boards from old effects units

*Actually*, in the contrary to the gentleman who offered you 50 bucks for it, I have watched these sell for up to $450.00 on ebay very recently. The company only stopped making them in 1999.

RP10 DigiTech Problem

RP10 DigiTech Problem

This popular thread has been given its own page : RP10 DigiTech Problem

Tokai guitar cat eye C400 acoustic

any information on above mentioned guitar would be appreciated.

floyd tremelo parts

looking for height adjustable saddles for
floyd rose tremelo

Re: floyd tremelo parts

: looking for height adjustable saddles for
: floyd rose tremelo

you might find what you want by calling Stewart - Macdonald's Guitar Shop supply at 1-800-848-2273

Re: floyd tremelo parts

The answer below is correct, they have everything.

: : looking for height adjustable saddles for
: : floyd rose tremelo

: you might find what you want by calling Stewart - Macdonald's Guitar Shop supply at 1-800-848-2273

Garcia Guitar

We have a 1974 Garcia III, is this thing any good.
I'm not a player, it's been in my closet for the last
many years. Can you tell me if it's keeping, selling,
or should I just give it away?
Thanks

Headstock Logo Transfer "HOW?"

Ive got so many questions!. First how do you put a name on a guitar headstaock? I mean sure a sticker or poly coat but I want it to be printed on the headstock with no notice of a sticker anywhere on it. Transfer to the wood does anyone know how this is done?.

Re: Headstock Logo Transfer "HOW?"

When guitar manufacturer's put a logo on a headstock, they usually silkscreen the logo on. Obviously, you won't be able to do this unless you have some equipment that costs too much. I would suggest making a stencil out of paper, mask of the area, and spray the logo on.

I found these stencils.. you can use for a lot of brands! with airbrush or regular brush.
http://www.1stdecals.com/store

: Ive got so many questions!. First how do you put a name on a guitar headstaock? I mean sure a sticker or poly coat but I want it to be printed on the headstock with no notice of a sticker anywhere on it. Transfer to the wood does anyone know how this is done?.
There's a guy on ebay that sells a kit for doing your own logo's. Its the eaziest way I know of and it don't look bad......

Guitar magazines

I want to buy some guitar magazines, Guitar World, Guitar Player and ...

Hmmm

Could anybody tell how much a fender mustang 69 is worth.

Help me wíth my mustang

How much is my fender mustang 69 worth?

Building guitars

I would like to try my hand at building a guitar.
Does anybody know of a web site, sites with information
on building a guitar. I am interested in both solid bodies as well as acoustic guitars.
Tks

Re: Building guitars

: Hello Robbie, did you ever get any where with instruction off the web..: on building a guitar. I am interested to in finding out this information for both solid bodies as well as acoustic guitars. I would appreciate any assistance you can give me.
: Regards
Neale ( Cheshire UK)

vaccaro guitars

vaccaro guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : vaccaro guitars

help me w/ my floyd rose

I just bought a guitar w/ a Floyd Rose on it and I broke a string the first day and I don't know how to put another one on. The earliest I can get to the music store is 10/27. It will really suck to have to play a five string for the next four days. Please help me if you can.

Re: help me w/ my floyd rose

First take the broken string off. You will need to unlock the the string at the nut. Loosen the screw that clamps the string down at the nut. Then go to the bridge. You will need to unlock the sting here too. The hex screw to turn will be pointing towards the 'bottom' of the guitar. Loosen the approriate nut and remove the string.

When you put your new string on you will need to clip off the ball end. Insert it into the bridge where the old one came out and clamp it back in using the same nut you loosened to remove it (tighten screw). Place string thru nut clamp into tuning peg, tune to pitch. You will also have to retune all your other strings again so unlock all strings at the nut. DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED. Each time you tune the string the others will go out of tune. It is the nature of the beast with a floyd. You can buy a trem-setter which goes into the guiar cavity and will prevent your strings grom going out of tun if you break one. It still allows you to operate the bridge normally. When you have finished tuing lock the strings at the nut and check the tuning again (this tends to cause strings to go sharp). Then you should be good to go.

removing stickers from guitar

anybody have a good tip for removing the "shadow" of a sticker from a guitar? I bought one with stickers on it, got the stickers off, but there's a shadow of the sticker that won't come off.

HELP?????

Re: removing stickers from guitar

Lighter fluid. Be careful though. Use sparingly and test it in an inconpicuaous area first.

If you go to your local Wal Mart there is a product in the paint department called "oops" and this stuff
is excellent fot this. I used it to get the sticker residue off my Strat when I bought it from a pawn shop that was too stupid to know not to put stickers right on the finish. plus it is good for a whole lot of other stuff too and it only cost about $2.00 but I wouldnt try lighter fluid Im sure it works but Id be afraid it would ruin the finish

sometimes a hairdryer will cause the sticker
to lose its grip and you can peel it off
but it leaves shadows about 75% of the time.

Looking for thin body Accoustic electric how is the Sigma Tb1 by Martin

I really need to stay on a releatively tight budget
And I'm running into some trouble trying
to find a good accoustic electric Thin body
Guitar for under $750 except the sigma Tb1 Help!
comments on the TB1 and suggestions Welcomed thanks!

Touch Guitar Electro-mute technology

The only way the right hand can play all of the fingering positions required by tapping is to have the properly configured neck and electronic technology. The first ever patented touch method of play was by Jimmy webster on a single neck Gretsch Guitar in the early 50's. The first double neck Touch type instrument was patented in the early 60's by Dave Bunker. The Chapman Stick came around 10 years later and used the muting technology in the patent #2,289,884 filed in 1957 and issued in 1961. This instrument then called the Duo-Lectar was the second patented new string instrument in the US.More info on this can be seen and studied at:
http://www.bunker-guitars.com/touch.html
The right hand to play both vertical and horizontal play must have a neck with the strings wide enough apart to let the finger move past one another, if not you cannot move your fingers properly, a standard guitar spacing is .4" the average finger tip is .6". Another problem with Tapping is that unless you have an instrument with the electronics to cut out all unwanted noise such as thumps when you touch the string, noise when you remove your finger, noise when you slide your fingers, room noise like hums and 60 cycle noise your music is not clean. My theory since the filing of my first of 7 patents relating to this subject has been to reverse it all and play with an instrument which is completely turned off at all times until you touch one or more strings. With this system you truly get the purest sounds possible on an electric type instrument and can get far more range of sound and harmonics than ever before achieved.
Actually on our spectrum analyzer we see as much as 40% more tonal range and our noise level is 120db down which means you actually for the first time have no noise to deal with. It really boils down to this: You must have the properly designed fingerboard, instrument and electronics to Tap properly.
Another thing which I have discovered after 40 years of trial and error is that the typical truss rod neck design does not complement Touch Style play. First the rod to counter string pull is always trying to pull the neck back which gives you a tensioned note and harder bends. It also "if you are tone prone" takes away resonance from the neck because of the tension or stress put on the neck actually eliminating some of the sustain and tone. A guitar or bass neck must have motion in it which is capable of moving with the frequency of the string, if not the string will fade out quicker.
Another item which has become very big to me in developing the absolute Touch Guitar has been using or building the proper bridges and the proper way way they make contact with the instrument. The patented "Individual through Body Bridges" actually eliminate up to 40% of the cross talk which happens especially when playing hard bass and guitar notes. I have now in order to completely separate one string from the other made each string it's own entity each with it's own Volume, tone and mute device which completely eliminates cross talk and noise.
As a player and inventor I believe that the future belongs to Touch Hammer, Tap styles of play but I also believe that it must involve state of the art technology and for all those out there living in the past they must accept new ideas that work before it will happen. I have only the greatest admiration for the great Touch style of builders and artist but you need the best to be the best. Thanks Dave Bunker

Re: Touch Guitar Electro-mute technology

your only a club mimer u fucking gay lord

Re: Touch Guitar Electro-mute technology

FUCK OFF, YOU STUPID GAY COAL EATING THICK AS SHIT YAKER

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.