Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: cheapest way to buy

one is able to touch and smell, maybe even taste the guitar before considering to buy it. also, it takes much time jumping around while waiting for it to magically appear, and if it's not what you've hope for, time is wasted! (it's really not as horrible as it sounds though...)

re-painting a guitar

I need some tips on removing paint and re painting a guitar.

Re: re-painting a guitar

I was recently at the Hamer guitar factory. They said they use a product called QRB to strip guitars when they do refinishing. It used to be available by infomercial. You can probably find a website for it. Repainting is much more difficult. You might want to see if you can get it repainted at a car repair shop. Since most guitars have auto paint on them.

: I was recently at the Hamer guitar factory. They said they use a product called QRB to strip guitars when they do refinishing. It used to be available by infomercial. You can probably find a website for it. Repainting is much more difficult. You might want to see if you can get it repainted at a car repair shop. Since most guitars have auto paint on them.

Here's the url for QRB:

www.seenontv.com/prod-pages/qrb.html

: I need some tips on removing paint and re painting a guitar.

Carl: Look up 'Guitar Re-ranch'
or something. They have it all, for refinishing. Even spray-can nitrocellulose laquers in Fender colors.
Look also on the Fender Discussion Page.
Dave.

guitar multiefect

Hi,could you somebody recommend me some good guitar multiefect for live playing and hard disc recording.
(Expression pedal,good distortion sounds,good pitch schifter,delay,flanger,wah wah,chorus,phaser etc.
Thanks Cmelda

Re: guitar multiefect

I still love my Digitech RP-10!!

i got a boss me-30 and it cuts the mustard

Yeah !!!!!!!!!!! I love My Rp10 Too !!!!!!!!!!!

I use the Johnson J-Station with the J-8 foot controller. It comes with Midi software as well to program it or you can program it manually as well..

whats orgy's guitars and amp set up

I can't figure out how to get a sound like coal chamber or orgy. i need help. somone tell me how to get that distortion. Please!!!!!!!!!

Re: whats orgy's guitars and amp set up

: I can't figure out how to get a sound like coal chamber or orgy. i need help. somone tell me how to get that distortion. Please!!!!!!!!!

I know the Orgy guitarist use those ugly looking custom shop Jackson's now, that is about all I know

Re: whats orgy's guitars and amp set up

yeah orgy uses some nasty looking guitars.

+ ibanez pedals. don't know what kind exactly. this is all accrdng to the last months guitar world.

: : I can't figure out how to get a sound like coal chamber or orgy. i need help. somone tell me how to get that distortion. Please!!!!!!!!!

: I know the Orgy guitarist use those ugly looking custom shop Jackson's now, that is about all I know

what do you think

i've bought a washburn D10CEM ac/ele for 379, she's a beauty. good price? she plays like a charmer.

the greatest place in the whole wide world

Have you found most guitar sites to be lacking of your needs? Do your forum questions go unanswered? Or do you just need to learn some new tab? Well head on down to Unplugnow.net, the acoustic site with proffesional moderators to answer your questions, great articles, and regularly updated tablature. Remember, the greatest place in the whole wide world is just a keystroke away. http://www.Unplugnow.net

Bob Marley

I need as soon as possible th chords and the lyrics of the "acoustic medley" on songs of freedom disc red.
I please you I need it. My life depend of it!Thanks!

12 string acoustic guitar

John Joyce and myself are interested in linking with anyone who plays 12 string guitar and uses it as a solo instrument ( not strumming !) We are also willing to answer any questions anybody may have about the instrument. Our site is http://www.fret-dancer.com
We have also launched our own label FRETDANCER and are looking for suitable product to release.

Re: 12 string acoustic guitar

I play a Taylor 750 12 string and a Takamine 12 string. Play both fingerstyle and flatpick. Also play 6 string, but you can't beat the 12. Just recently got started with alternate tuning and I gotta tell you, 12 strings will absolutely blow a 6 away. I say this even though I also play several brands of 6, including Taylor. Gotta love it. I have one question for you though, what do you know about recording the 12 using an 8 track hard disc recorder like Boss? I'm currently using a Yamaha 4 trk tape rec. and not really liking the sound I'm getting back. Using Shure 4.1 mikes through a SoundDesign mixer, and spent a lot of time trying to get the proper placement for the mikes. The sound just isn't there. Any advise would be gratefully accepted. Thanks, Keith

Re: Reply to Keith/12 string guitar

Hi Keith,
Recording a 12 string guitar as with any acoustic guitar is always a matter of trial and error. The method John and I use, bearing in mind we are entirely different styles of players ( John plays blues and I have developed an 'Orchestral Style ' ) is as follows.
I fing direct hard disc recording of acoustics totally unsatisfactory. The transients are to harsh for starters. We use AT4033 as stereo pairs going onto a 1 inch Tascam 24track with noise reduction in when recording and our when mixing. We also use a 24 bit Ultramiser for mastering and use our own program derived from it's internal presets. The art is to get it big without loosing the natural clarity of the instrument. I play a Paul Brett Aria 12 string, very rare these days to fing one and John Plays a Guils F212. He also has a rather unique nylon strung 12 string made by Ushida especially for him. Also , it depends on the strings . We use La Bella silk and steel and Earthwood bronze. Hope this is of help. Send us a tape of some of your stuff. Finally , we agree , 12 string guitar is the ultimate solo instrument , it goes way beyong anything the six string can produce by way of personal satisfaction to the player and listener.
Thamks for your contact,
Paul Brett

answer me dammit

I just started a band. We need a song that we can all learn. A song that is easy to play on drums bass and the ole guitar. and it's gotta be rock.

Re: answer me dammit

metallica's seek and destroy

:
: metallica's seek and destroy

How about Louie Louie?

: I just started a band. We need a song that we can all learn. A song that is easy to play on drums bass and the ole guitar. and it's gotta be rock.

Papa Roach-Last Resort. Learn one lick and you know the whole song. The tab is on OLGA. Good luck guys.

how 'bout "Keep on rocking in the free world" by Neil Young, its easy and rock.

Re: Check these tunes!

I think you'll like these songs.ROCK & ROLL(Led Zep),
ROCK&ROLL HOOCHIE COO(Rick Derringer),ZIGGY STARDUST,
(David Bowie),SWEET LEAF,(OZZY or SABBATH?).We used to
jam the fuck outta these tunes!

oh yeah!!

Yeah! My little band is working on the rock and roll by Zeppelin!!! Coincidense man. I'll see if we can work something out on rock and roll koochie koo. Thanks man! Great help

Here's your damn answer

Trilogy Suite - Yngwie Malmsteen
Scarified - Racer X
I'm The One - Van Halen
Shy Boy - David Lee Roth
10,000 Lovers - TNT
Wait - White Lion

Good Luck!!

What is a break even analysis?

PAULE SHORE IS THE SEXIEST MN ALIVE!!

PAULY SHORE IS THE SEXIEST MaN ALIVE!!

marshall jcm 900

anyone own one of these or know any pros and cons 'bout em. im thinking of buying one

Re: marshall jcm 900

I own 3 JCM900's... I think that they are the best Marshalls ever made, depending on the style of music you are playing. I have two "High Gain Master Volume" heads, and one "High Gain Dual Reverb" head. The dual reverb is way more versitle, but the master volume has more punch than Mike Tyson... I can even get a great blues sound with the reverb head. If you are not concerned with reverb, or any kind of clean sound, go with a Master Volume, otherwise the Dual Reverb is the ticket.

I own a 50w 2500 and it is awesome. Lots of grunt but can be finessed more than you would be lead to believe.

: anyone own one of these or know any pros and cons 'bout em. im thinking of buying one
>>>Yeah, FB nailed it. I have the 2100 SL-X and that thing can be more versatile (not on the fly) than a lot of people give it credit for.

I've recently gotten into just plugging straight into the head and experimenting. So far, besides the usual heavy overdrive, I've gotten a better than 'decent' clean tone (my main guitar has had the tone control removed, so when I turn down the guitar's volume control it brightens-up. This is a huge factor) and a close approximation of AC/DC's plexi sound.

I've just started so I'll update as time goes on. Anyhow, I would recommend the 900 series.

: anyone own one of these or know any pros and cons 'bout em. im thinking of buying one

Its a good amp mate, lovely sound - especially with my strat. ive owned one for a year now. I got a 2 * 12 cab with it. Its got good distortioin, and a lovely clean sound in my opinion, though when using clean at high volumes the crunch function kicks in and makes the sound more distorted - a wee set back.
I have the dual reverb 100w head - the dual reverb is a useful addition.

If you want a more classic softer tonal blues/old rock sound, the jcm 800 is the one (900 more harsh), my mate has one, and i like it, i'm thinking about part ex'ing my head for a jcm 800 head.

all the best,

paddy leese.

JCM 900 Head's

I have owned one for about 2 years. I even sold it once and bought it back!!! Mine is a 90 or 91, it was the first year for the 900's. It came with EL-34 instead of the 6l6's that come in them now. This head is completly stock, but everyone who has heard it swares that it has been modified. It works well in all situations. I pesonally play Metal(in fact its what Kerry King from Slayer uses), but just tune it down a little, and you got Blues, or, God forbid, Country :(. As mentioned is one of the other responces, it's hard to get crystal clean at high volumes. Giging out semi-regularlly, it was been very reliable(never failed me yet!!! Another feature that they have is the ability to switch from 100 watts to 60 watts, witch come in handy when playin a smaller club, you get the full blown tone at a lower vol. The louder you crank it, the better it sounds!!! I tried the TSL 2000's, and they have more Gain, but they seem like they are mass produced, and not as trust worthy. Overall, I give the amp an A to A+.......Briam

Re: JCM 900 Head's

i've got a jcm900 sl-x,and it's really cool!
and i've got a question:Can i switch it to 60 w?Please give some information about it !Send it to my email4Thanks

Guitar Parts Translations to foreign languages - HELP NEEDED

Hi! I am compiling a list of translations of guitar parts into as many international languages as possible. Do you know what they call a "bridge" or a "fret" in French, German, Italian, etc? Well, I do.You can see it at <http://www.guitardoctor.com/translations.htm>.However, I still need many more languages. If you can help, please see <http://www.guitardoctor.com/guitar_parts_translation.htm>.I will be happy to give you credit for your help, and if you have a website I will put up a link to it, also.
Thanx

Re: Guitar Parts Translations to foreign languages - HELP NEEDED

: Hi! I am compiling a list of translations of guitar parts into as many international languages as possible. Do you know what they call a "bridge" or a "fret" in French, German, Italian, etc? Well, I do.You can see it at http://www.guitardoctor.com/translations.htm. However, I still need many more languages. If you can help, please see http://www.guitardoctor.com/guitar_parts_translation.htm. I will be happy to give you credit for your help, and if you have a website I will put up a link to it, also.
: Thanx

and steinberger lovers out there??

ive got a 'Hohner proffesional', steinberger design, called 'the Jack' (its actially got that written on it from the factory)...its all hot red, its beautiful and original, but i have no idea of its value...
its in near mint condition, with 'hohner select EMG' pickups... i bought it for $600 australian dollars...but no one can give me a consistant value on it...
Does anyone own something similar?? Can any one give me an honest opinion as to what its worth??
thanks..

G LOVE TABS FOR RODEO CLOWNS

DOES ANYONE HAVE TABS FOR RODEO CLOWNS OR OTHER SONGS OFF OF G. LOVE'S PHILADELPHONIC?

Re: G LOVE TABS FOR RODEO CLOWNS

antwon if u get the tabs for rodeo clowns send them my way. i have been looking for weeks, if i come across them i'll send them to u as well!

Here, There and everywhere - Takamitsu transcription

If anybody has a copy of the Toru Takamitsu transcription of the Beatles Here, There and Everywhere, and is willing to make a copy, I will make copies of all the other Beatles peices from the "12 popular song set" for trade or I will pay for a copy.
The set it is from is long out of print.

Re: Here, There and everywhere - Takamitsu transcription

I to would like a copy of here there and everywhere and all the other beatles songs transcribed by toru, is it still published by schott? there web sight is mainly in german.

baldwin guitar

I have a Baldwin guitar.Does anybody know anything about these guitars?

Re: baldwin guitar

: I have a Baldwin guitar.Does anybody know anything about these guitars?

What model of Baldwin guitar do you have?

I am interested in buying Baldwin guitars. They are not "high end" guitars like Fender, Gibson and Rickenbacker, but I like them. Are you interested in selling?

Hi I have a Baldwin Baby Bison
its sunburst(tobbacco)

Its made in England in 1967

The Balwin company was taken over in 1966 By Burns The guitar maker responsible for tHE hANK MARVIN MODEL and guitars made for |the veturers

mines not got the original Pickups but he Rezo Tube Bridge is all there

its a great little Guitar and i play it at gigs

Its worth about 750 usd or 450 pounds sterling

hope this has been some help

ps email me with what you have

cheers dean

: : I have a Baldwin guitar.Does anybody know anything about these guitars?

: What model of Baldwin guitar do you have?

: I am interested in buying Baldwin guitars. They are not "high end" guitars like Fender, Gibson and Rickenbacker, but I like them. Are you interested in selling?

: I am interested in buying Baldwin guitars. They are not "high end" guitars like Fender, Gibson and Rickenbacker, but I like them. Are you interested in selling?

: : : I have a Baldwin guitar.Does anybody know anything about these guitars?

: : What model of Baldwin guitar do you have?

: : I am interested in buying Baldwin guitars. They are not "high end" guitars like Fender, Gibson and Rickenbacker, but I like them. Are you interested in selling?

I have a Baldwin Baby Bison 1965 offers please

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.