Re: Asturias C140S Classical Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Sue on Wed, 07/14/04 - 06:10:42.

: : I have an Asturias C140S that I purchased used about 20 years ago. I was wondering if anyone can provide me with any information on this model and its approximate age. Guitar has a cedar top, mahogany neck, beautiful rosewood sides and back. The label say: Asturias and below is written "Handcrafted by M. Matano." And below that the model number.

: : Thank you,

: : Greg

: *************
: Hmmm... I have a 1978 manufactured WASHBURN Hauser copy, model number C-140S. It's a fabulous classical, and I've played it for all these years....great for those Villa Lobos etudes, etc. Definitely a "concert instrument"!
: The Japanese corporation that purchased the Washburn name in the late 1970s supposedly used one of the better Japanese plants when they started their acoustic line, and they put out a Ramires, a Hauser, and a Fleta model. Great "top of the line" type stuff. I've been looking for a used Fleta or Ramires copy of the same vintage and quality.
: So my guess is your Asturias might be the same model as my Washburn, just sold under a different name? Rosewood sides and back and solid spruce top, for sure.

I have an Asturias guitar which I bought second hand in the mid 70's. I dont have a clue what the wood is by it was made by Masaru Matano and it shows Model 3452. I was told when I bought it that is was an AST80 - but it is a lovely instrument - unfortunately much neglected of late.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Asturias C140S Classical Guitar

I own an Asturias C140S too, and i bought it here near by Stuttgart,Germany in 1978. Now one of my son is playing it. It's still a fine guitar with a wonderful sound.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.