Aria Maestro AA060

Posted by Chris on Thu, 05/16/02 - 21:02:29.

I have an Aria Maestro with no serial number, but model number
AA060. Does anybody have any info on this guitar? It wasn't
listed on the Aria website.

Regards,
Chris

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Aria Maestro AA060

I also have an AA060. Purchased years backfrom a student in Alberta. Set up was then done by Lotsberg as well. Said I got "a bright one". I think it is 1978 vintage, by looking at serial number.

Re: Aria Maestro AA060

Chris,

I own a similar instrument, aria maestro AA080, which was purchased around 1979. It was bought through an albertan luthier - lotsberg (sic) - who performed a fabulous intonation setup on it (bridge and nut position adjustment.)

The top is spruce and the overall tone is extremely balanced with clear mids and highs - really beautiful sounding imho. Volume is a bit low when contrasted with some cedar top instruments but I find that savarez red card strings work well to compensate for this.

I really enjoy playing this instrument. It took about eight months of playing for it to develop its voice but it has held that tone for roughly 25 years. This latter is a bit surprising since classical guitars lose their high end over time. I suspect that it's the spruce top in the aria maestro versus the traditional cedar top that's behind that performance.

With respect to internet-based research I have only been able to find references to the MR/MF (rodriguez/flavia) 60/80/100 versions of the aria maestro instruments. These are briefly cited on ariausa's archive page. There are also references in various usenet group threads.

Great to see another aa080.

Great to see another aa080. Luv the guitar, was purchased 1980 in Alberta as well

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.