Re: Taka F-700

Advertisement
Posted by Jack Bloxham on Thu, 06/23/05 - 03:07:33.

: We are looking for any info on this guitar, please email us if you know anything

I bought a TAKA W-800 steel string dreadnought guitar in Berkeley, California in 1974 for about $120.00. I bought it from a private seller, and I do not know how or where he got it. I have never seen another TAKA guitar. I love my TAKA, it is still my only acoustic. It has always had great tone and is very rugged. Needs new frets now. It has a mahogany neck, rosewood sides and back, and a solid spruce top. I can email photos if you want. Just let me know. I'd like to know more about who made these guitars.

Jack Bloxham

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Taka guitar TA 501

So far the only info I have on Taka guitars is they where or made in japan and sold in Cal in the 70's. I own a Taka ta 501 with worn frets, amazingly I purchased this guitar back in the 90's and have just started to play. I bought the guitar on a rainy day and if you live in California, you know it doesn't rain much, and if its not rain,n ! I'm not play'n! Guess what the last couple of days its been raining, wow! I like this guitar, it even has peace sign, amazing!

I have a Taka w-800 purchased 3/9/1974 from Village Music in Los Gatos, CA. It has great sound and is extremely well made. About 8 years ago I added a pre-amp and under saddle pickup and I use it all the time.

: : We are looking for any info on this guitar, please email us if you know anything

: I bought a TAKA W-800 steel string dreadnought guitar in Berkeley, California in 1974 for about $120.00. I bought it from a private seller, and I do not know how or where he got it. I have never seen another TAKA guitar. I love my TAKA, it is still my only acoustic. It has always had great tone and is very rugged. Needs new frets now. It has a mahogany neck, rosewood sides and back, and a solid spruce top. I can email photos if you want. Just let me know. I'd like to know more about who made these guitars.

: Jack Bloxham

have a TAKA my dad bought in a pawn shop years ago he gave me for a birthday present and I can not find any info on it
either. If you find anything please let me know.

Hello!

I also have a Taka guitar. Mine's a model F80. It's a fine little orchestra model, really a small body, but a nice sound and good action. It appears to have Rosewood back and sides, mahogany neck and spruce top with mother-of-pearl inlaid trim. I bought mine in 1975 at McCabe's Guitar Shop on Pico Blvd in Santa Monica, CA. The guitar has held up very well for 30+ years. I've never had any work done to it, and have gotten years of pleasurable finger-picking fun out of it. The fretboard has some dimples in it where my fingertips have landed thousands of times, but it is still a nice instrument. Actually, I am considering buying a newer, nicer OM guitar now. Hope that helps!

: : We are looking for any info on this guitar, please email us if you know anything

: I bought a TAKA W-800 steel string dreadnought guitar in Berkeley, California in 1974 for about $120.00. I bought it from a private seller, and I do not know how or where he got it. I have never seen another TAKA guitar. I love my TAKA, it is still my only acoustic. It has always had great tone and is very rugged. Needs new frets now. It has a mahogany neck, rosewood sides and back, and a solid spruce top. I can email photos if you want. Just let me know. I'd like to know more about who made these guitars.

: Jack Bloxham

Taka F-700

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Taka F-700

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.