Marlin Sidewinder

Posted by Keith on Mon, 07/08/02 - 12:34:42.

I have a Marlin Sidewinder bass, anyone know a good site for Marlins, I need parts

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

marlin Guitar With Preamp.

hi, I was wondering if any1 could please help. I am after a diagram for the marlin sidewinder guitar with the preamp. for the jack socket., I did take pictures but for some reason they have vanished.

Could any1 please help.

many thanks.

Marlin Sidewinder

Yes i still have one of these, However the only thing that put me off was the Marlin decal on the 12th fret. I also had a Marlin Slammer which weighed a ton that one was in Glossy red and white a very cheapy guitar but was ok when i was learning to play. I then got hold of this Marlin Sidewinder. It was being sold off cheap in a guitar shop. I was walking past one day when i saw this Mint green Sidewinder in the window. What captured me was the Mint green but then on looking at the Fretboard you could see the grain in the wood it was beautiful. Closer inspection there were little marks or chips in the body here and there but they were all on the back side. Someone had touched these up with tiny blobs of paint which were slightly off from the original finish. But a very good guitar, sounded nice and the action was perfect for me. I later discovered after buying the guitar that it would snap the high E string, this was a faultl in one of those saddles which had a sharp edge and would cut through the string.
The next problem i discovered to my horror one night at a gig the tremolo arm came off in my hand, the metal block it goes into had broken into pieces the threaded portion for the trem had totally broken away.
Now although i do have one American and one Mexican Strat i still have the Sidewinder and would never part with it.. Id did at some stage attempt to remove that fish decal, and scratched off the Marlin and Sidewinder name on the headstock. I made up a Fender decal and put that on the headstock and from far way with the marlin 12th fret decal covered it did look the part.
Nice guitar.. I am sure these were made in Wales England, although the main company British Music stings i think they were called were based in the what was then German Democratic Republic.

Re: Marlin Sidewinder

: I have a Marlin Sidewinder bass, anyone know a good site for Marlins, I need parts

I'm guessing it's a P or J type copy. Why not just use standard / third party spares - Schaller etc. readily available - etc.
Checkout 'Touchstone Tonewoods' Or am I missing something ?
Cheers
Robert

: : : I have a Marlin Sidewinder bass, anyone know a good site for Marlins, I need parts

: I also have a marlin. unfortunatley the company folded years ago and you will struggle to get parts. your best bet is to get hold of an old knackered one (theres loads about) and use it as a donor.

i am getting a marlin sidewinder base guitar for £75 in new condition with a few upgrades on it, do you think that is good price for it???????

: : : I have a Marlin Sidewinder bass, anyone know a good site for Marlins, I need parts

: I also have a marlin. unfortunatley the company folded years ago and you will struggle to get parts. your best bet is to get hold of an old knackered one (theres loads about) and use it as a donor.

i am getting a marlin sidewinder base guitar for £75 in new condition with a few upgrades on it, do you think that ia good price for it???????

I want to bye a merlin? where do i go?

ive just seen a black marlin sidewinder guitar. It aint a bass. Does anyone have any information about the features of this guitar?? if u do PLEASE send me an e-mail.
Thanx.

how much does a marlin sidewinder cost?????

I have a Marlin Sidewinder electric Guitar, its WAS actually quite nice for a cheepy guitar, i bought it for £20 off a mate a about 9 years ago.

a big problem with them seems to be the metal block under the bridge is made of crap-monkey-metal, mine dissintigrated mid restring a few ago, the only replacement i found had cracks apearing in it and would probably have done the same.

if anyone knows where to get spares i'de like to know :)

: : I have a Marlin Sidewinder bass, anyone know a good site for Marlins, I need parts

I also have a marlin. unfortunatley the company folded years ago and you will struggle to get parts. your best bet is to get hold of an old knackered one (theres loads about) and use it as a donor.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.