D'Agastino Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Pieter Holland on Fri, 07/12/02 - 16:03:31.

I just found a guitar when I was on Vacation..... It is a D'Agastino 335 type guitar. It has Benchmark Series on the trussrod plate.... Does anybody know what it is and what it is worth? It's really a nice axe,and just like my cherry red 1961 ES-335. Please e-mail and let me know if anyone has info on this piece... Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

D'Agastino acoustic Guitar

I bought a D'Agastino acoustic guitar in a pawn shop a few months ago..It looks very distinctly like a Gibson J 200...It has a blonde jumbo body which has maple back and sides with a solid spruce top..inside is a label that reads...D'Agastino New York PMS Music,Inc. Model No. J2 with another hand written 113J271 ..also a date stamp of Apr. 19 1967...Does anyone have any further info on this Guitar, and what is the approx. Value...Thanks in advance for your response...

D'agastino Benchmark ES 335 copy

I bought one back in 1983 new, $300. Cherry Red, block inlays, thin neck, great looking headstock. Looks exactly like a Gibby 335. I still have this guitar today and it plays just a great. The only thing I changed on the guitar was the Bridge. Everything is perfect. Action is low without a buzz. Never needed to adjust the truss. Took it to a Luthier for it's first set up a month ago (I do a lot of the maintenance myself) But I thought let a pro look at it. He saw nothing wrong with the guitar and was awe struck by it's beauty, age and sound. Luthier said it was worth about $1,000 -1,300. He said this guitar is better made than the Gibsons of the same days. If it had the Gibson name it would have be worth 2-3x as much. He said you pay for the Gibson name and not the quality.

I've bought and sold/traded in many guitars. SG/ Les Pauls never attached to any guitar, but this one. This guitar will never leave me. I'm already planning who to WILL it to. ahah.

Re: D'Agastino Guitar

in 1980ish I have a "SWEET" D'Agastino, Gibson Les Paul exact copy. Beautiful condition. Bought from my guitar teacher for $400. Has MOP inlay on tune key face. Thru neck. Nicely built. Great sound. Looking for value also. Not selling unless its worth a million bucks. Anybody have any info on this?

My girlfriend, as a gift bought for me a D'Agastino D-65, 25yrs. ago. I had never heard the name before or since. I only know that the sound quality and playability rival any Martin, Fender, Gibson, Taylor, that I've ever played. I'm looking for another as the fretboard of my current model is lovingly worn.
Never would I trade or sell this instrument. Anybody know where yo look?

D65

Conway Village Pawn Conway N.H. 603-447-2255

dagistino acoustic guitar

i have a dagastino i bought in the 70's and it has a sweet sound it has mother of pearl in lay in the frets and around the hole and i wa trying to get a value on it if you have any idea let me know

: I just found a guitar when I was on Vacation..... It is a D'Agastino 335 type guitar. It has Benchmark Series on the trussrod plate.... Does anybody know what it is and what it is worth? It's really a nice axe,and just like my cherry red 1961 ES-335. Please e-mail and let me know if anyone has info on this piece... Thanks

: : I just found a guitar when I was on Vacation..... It is a D'Agastino 335 type guitar. It has Benchmark Series on the trussrod plate.... Does anybody know what it is and what it is worth? It's really a nice axe,and just like my cherry red 1961 ES-335. Please e-mail and let me know if anyone has info on this piece... Thanks

i was 15 years old back in 1991 and my father came home from the local dump with three guitar cases and a amp , i was like wow!!!! ive played on a peice of shit for about a year and this was like god sent.so i opened a case and it was an acoustic i was bummed opened another and it was also an acoustic bummed again but opened the sleek black electric case and new it was going to be good. i foung a d'agastino new yorker its titled on the head stock its a copy of a strat but it has two humbuckers that i can hit a switch and make it two single coils and this gutar i fell in love with ive been playing it for fourteen years and the neck is about worn out but ill never sell it and i still play it live i lovethis guitar more than my lespauland will never sell it . i found a blue book and it said its worth around 400 bucks or so i guess . thats tthe only info i found on them any how kids jam 0on bye

: I just found a guitar when I was on Vacation..... It is a D'Agastino 335 type guitar. It has Benchmark Series on the trussrod plate.... Does anybody know what it is and what it is worth? It's really a nice axe,and just like my cherry red 1961 ES-335. Please e-mail and let me know if anyone has info on this piece... Thanks
HEY PIETER,
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT. I HAVE ONE TOO THAT I'D LIKE TO GET A VALUE ON. ACTUALLY IT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE BUT THEY WANT TO SELL IT IF YOU KNOW ANYONE INTERESTED. THIS ONE HAS A KIND OF INTERESTING HISTORY. IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW. I HAVE A GUITAR SHOP LOOKING AT IT NOW.
KAREN

I have a D'Agastino "George Benson" jazz single-cutaway guitar that I bought in Connecticut in 1984. I'd love to find out how much it's worth...

Ira

: : I just found a guitar when I was on Vacation..... It is a D'Agastino 335 type guitar. It has Benchmark Series on the trussrod plate.... Does anybody know what it is and what it is worth? It's really a nice axe,and just like my cherry red 1961 ES-335. Please e-mail and let me know if anyone has info on this piece... Thanks
: HEY PIETER,
: LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT. I HAVE ONE TOO THAT I'D LIKE TO GET A VALUE ON. ACTUALLY IT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE BUT THEY WANT TO SELL IT IF YOU KNOW ANYONE INTERESTED. THIS ONE HAS A KIND OF INTERESTING HISTORY. IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW. I HAVE A GUITAR SHOP LOOKING AT IT NOW.
: KAREN

: HEY PIETER,
: LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT. I HAVE ONE TOO THAT I'D LIKE TO GET A VALUE ON. ACTUALLY IT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE BUT THEY WANT TO SELL IT IF YOU KNOW ANYONE INTERESTED. THIS ONE HAS A KIND OF INTERESTING HISTORY. IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW. I HAVE A GUITAR SHOP LOOKING AT IT NOW.
: KAREN

I never thought in a million years that I would find another with a D'Agastino. I am the proud owner of a cream colored D'Agastino BenchMark. The headstock is beautifully sculpted with a mother of pearl inlaid design, and at the "base" of the body there is a D'Agastino logo also inlaid mother of pearl. The body style is more so like a PRS with a fixed bridge, neck through design and coil taps on each pickup. I would love to know what this is worth. Not for resale value because it is my "baby", but more so out of curiosity. I love the action, the sound, and the fact that I get a ton of "what the hell is that", and "D'Agastino?" I love my $150.00 flea market find, no matter what the dollar amount. In my opinion, the value comes from within, not off of a tag.

Dagastino loved mother of pearl. My acoustig dag has beautiful MOP inlay work
: : : I just found a guitar when I was on Vacation..... It is a D'Agastino 335 type guitar. It has Benchmark Series on the trussrod plate.... Does anybody know what it is and what it is worth? It's really a nice axe,and just like my cherry red 1961 ES-335. Please e-mail and let me know if anyone has info on this piece... Thanks
: : HEY PIETER,
: : LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT. I HAVE ONE TOO THAT I'D LIKE TO GET A VALUE ON. ACTUALLY IT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE BUT THEY WANT TO SELL IT IF YOU KNOW ANYONE INTERESTED. THIS ONE HAS A KIND OF INTERESTING HISTORY. IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW. I HAVE A GUITAR SHOP LOOKING AT IT NOW.
: : KAREN

:
: I never thought in a million years that I would find another with a D'Agastino. I am the proud owner of a cream colored D'Agastino BenchMark. The headstock is beautifully sculpted with a mother of pearl inlaid design, and at the "base" of the body there is a D'Agastino logo also inlaid mother of pearl. The body style is more so like a PRS with a fixed bridge, neck through design and coil taps on each pickup. I would love to know what this is worth. Not for resale value because it is my "baby", but more so out of curiosity. I love the action, the sound, and the fact that I get a ton of "what the hell is that", and "D'Agastino?" I love my $150.00 flea market find, no matter what the dollar amount. In my opinion, the value comes from within, not off of a tag.

I have a friend who was given a guitar about 23 years ago, a Dagastino Model D60 who would like to know more about it and it's worth, I don't believe he wants to sell it, just wants to know. It too has MOP inlays and looks very old, but extremely well kept. Any info would be appreciated.

Dagastino loved mother of pearl. My acoustig dag has beautiful MOP inlay work
: : : : I just found a guitar when I was on Vacation..... It is a D'Agastino 335 type guitar. It has Benchmark Series on the trussrod plate.... Does anybody know what it is and what it is worth? It's really a nice axe,and just like my cherry red 1961 ES-335. Please e-mail and let me know if anyone has info on this piece... Thanks
: : : HEY PIETER,
: : : LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT. I HAVE ONE TOO THAT I'D LIKE TO GET A VALUE ON. ACTUALLY IT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE BUT THEY WANT TO SELL IT IF YOU KNOW ANYONE INTERESTED. THIS ONE HAS A KIND OF INTERESTING HISTORY. IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW. I HAVE A GUITAR SHOP LOOKING AT IT NOW.
: : : KAREN

: :
: : I never thought in a million years that I would find another with a D'Agastino. I am the proud owner of a cream colored D'Agastino BenchMark. The headstock is beautifully sculpted with a mother of pearl inlaid design, and at the "base" of the body there is a D'Agastino logo also inlaid mother of pearl. The body style is more so like a PRS with a fixed bridge, neck through design and coil taps on each pickup. I would love to know what this is worth. Not for resale value because it is my "baby", but more so out of curiosity. I love the action, the sound, and the fact that I get a ton of "what the hell is that", and "D'Agastino?" I love my $150.00 flea market find, no matter what the dollar amount. In my opinion, the value comes from within, not off of a tag.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.