a galaxia guitar

Posted by E H on Thu, 03/03/05 - 17:25:18.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

I have a galaxia guitar and I don't know anything about it.If anyone has any info, it will help me a great deal.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: a galaxia guitar

I am selling a rare DN10 galaxia, check out my listing!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140175906355&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

: I have a galaxia guitar and I don't know anything about it.If anyone has any info, it will help me a great deal.

Galaxia

I have a Galaxia WJ500. Says it was made in Korea but looks like a Terada from Japan.

Information about Galaxia Model BU15 guitar

I have a friend that has a Galaxia Model BU15 guitar. It is very nice nd sounds good. It is smaller than a normal guitar. I would like to find out some information about it.

GALAXIA DN149

I read your comments about the one your dad bought. I got one in 1977 in santa monica, ca for $450 and its been great ever since.
Do you know where in japan they were made?

Al
727-647-1076

GALAXIA GUITAR

I have a Galaxia DN-149. My dad bought it in Japan in 1968 while he was station in Yokosuka. This guitar has a very beautiful and exquisitly done Tree of Life inlay work on its neck, and a very beautiful letter "g" inlay work on the headstock adorned with intiricate designs. All inlay was with mother of pearl. This beautiful guitar was made in Japan.

The guitar has tightly grained spruce top, rosewood sides, and three-piece rosewood back (similar to Martin's D-35.)
The sound this guitar projects is amazing. Lots of volume, yet well balanced. Great sustain! Strong bass and very clear trebles. I have yet to see a guitar that can surpass the sound of this guitar.

The binding is combination of mother of pearl and white material on the outside. The headstock is also bound. The rossette is mother of pearl.

The action has always been low. The neck has remained straight as an arrow. There was never a need to adjust the truss rod. Sometime in 2005. we replace both the nut and the saddle. And that was the only repair we had done for this 45 year old guitar. We have a collection of vintage guitars, Tama, Martin, a Santa Cruz, and Yairi.

Dad said he bought this Galaxia for $425 at the Navy PX store in Okinawa, during one of his short trips there. A lot o money during that time.

We have sold some of our collections, but this Galaxia will stay with our family forever. Dad said that only very, very few of this guitar had been made. This guitar is a few years older than me, but other than the darkening of the spruce top and the yellowing of the binding, it is in immaculate condition. I like the way it looks. You can readily tell it is a vintage, a very nice vintage,

: : I just found a Galaxia DN 149 and what a nice guitar. Solid spruce, rosewodd back and sides...tree of life up the board with abalonie around the front and hole...looks and sounds great. Paid $100 for it, but well worth it. Looking for info. would love to trade pics. Jerry beaz750@aol.com

I'm curious as to where you found the galaxia- I used to own one. I bought mine new, from Riverton Music in Utah in 1980 and paid $800. It also had a spruce front, mother of pearl tree up the neck, and around the edges and sound hole as well as a 3 piece rosewood back. It was one of the few professional grade models they made, and had a lovely sound. Unfortunately, it was stolen 14 years ago. Even though I filed a police report and got descriptions out to all the pawn shops, I never found it. The thief did call a few pawn shops just before I got there, and they all quoted him a value of $100- cause they didn't know any better.
It made me sick- I bought an Alverado which has a similiar sound but isn't nearly as pretty for $1200- which was the current market value 14 years ago for my galaxia.
Treasure her- or let me know if you want to sell!
Dori Anderson, DA3dux@msn.com

Galaxia 2012

Will, I'm interested in your Galaxia. Whats the model number and what kind of work does it need? Shoot me an email, with pics if possible. theshadowwarriors@gmail.com

Galaxia

I have a Galaxia. It's a beautiful guitar that needs some work. I don't play it and have no need for it. I'm willing to sell.

A Galaxia guitar in upstate NY

I just pulled out my Galaxia TS12 that my mom bought for me when I was about 11 or 12, circa 1984 or 85. I have now, 20-some years later decided to do it, to learn. I brought it in today to Guitar Center but they didn't know anything about it. I got new tuning keys and strings, vinyl this time so it may be easier to learn then it was with the steel that cut my fingers. (Although I think they sounded better). $20 to fix up, and it seems like I have a very nice guitar, that I never appreciated until today. Rosewood back and sides is my guess. It was from a music store in Binghamton, NY, but details have been lost as memories fade. Anyway, would love to see some pics of others. -Pat

I have a Galaxia Atlas model# WJ722 that my father purchased from a convienant store in California during the 70's. He says he remembers paying very little for it. Somewhere in the range of $20 to $40. It was my first guitar and i have a great deal of sentimental attachment to it. As for any information regarding the company, i have none. I have tried searching the internet but have had no luck. It is a beautiful guitar and has a very rich sound. It always gets compliments but no seems to know anything about the company. Due to it's country of manufacturing, the price at which it was originally purchased, and the location at which they were being sold, i fear it has little monetary value. Any information would be appreciated.

Galaxia DN-149

I have a Galaxia DN-149. My dad bought it in Japan in 1968 while he was station in Yokosuka. This guitar has a very beautiful and exquisitly done Tree of Life inlay work on its neck, and a very beautiful letter "g" inlay work on the headstock adorned with intiricate designs. All inlay was with mother of pearl.

The guitar has tightly grained spruce top, rosewood sides, and three-piece rosewood back (similar to Martin's D-35.)
The sound this guitar projects is amazing. Lots of volume, yet well balanced. Great sustain! Strong bass and very clear trebles. I have yet to see a guitar that can surpass the sound of this guitar.

The binding is combination of mother of pearl and white material on the outside. The headstock is also bound. The rossette is mother of pearl.

The action has always been low. The neck has remained straight as an arrow. There was never a need to adjust the truss rod. Sometime in 2005. we replace both the nut and the saddle. And that was the only repair we had done for this 45 year old guitar. We have a collection of vintage guitars, Tama, Martin, a Santa Cruz, and Yairi.

Dad said he bought this Galaxia for $425 at the Navy PX store in Okinawa, during one of his short trips there. A lot o money during that time.

We have sold some of our collections, but this Galaxia will stay with our family forever. Dad said that only very, very few of this guitar had been made. This guitar is a few years older than me, but other than the darkening of the spruce top and the yellowing of the binding, it is in immaculate condition. I like the way it looks. You can readily tell it is a vintage, a very nice vintage,

DN149 Guitar

I also have a DN149 guitar however mine is not a Galaxia it is a terada. By the sound of your discription it is the same guitar.
It is a very nice guitar but I cant find any info on it. You are the best info i have got on it. 425.00 was alot in 1968, so I am asumming my Terada is about the same vintage and quality. Any info you have I would also like to have so please forward to me if you have more information. Looking forward to your reply thanks

For anyone wanting to know more about their Galaxia guitar I have some more concrete information for you. I've got a Galaxia DN149 and its gorgeous. Got it off of craigslist for $100 and its one of my favorites now. Like most of you I googled Galaxia guitars and the only thing that shows up is all of us asking "What the hell is this thing?". While looking for my next guitar purchase I saw the label for a Terada guitar, and its the same exact label as my Galaxia. It says Terada instead of Galaxia and is in the same font with the same border around it. Its even aged the same color. Terada has been making guitars for a long time and are still in existence making hollow bodies for Gretsch. I haven't figured out how to contact them yet but heres a link to a list of guitar makers. Halfway down the page is an entry for Terada with a pic of the label.

http://www.jedistar.com/jedistar_vintage_guitar_dating_t1.htm

As far as price don't expect to get much for your guitar. Things are only worth what people think they're worth and nobody is going to know what a Galaxia is. Look up Terada and find out what other brands they made guitars for and you'll see our Galaxias are in a high pedigree.

Re: a galaxia guitar IN NEBRASKA

: I have a Galaxia model# DN-199.
i GOT IT IN COLORADO SPRINGS IN THE LATE 80'S.
ALL I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND OUT IS THAT GALAXIA
CO. MAKES (OR MADE) BRASS INSTRUMENTS FRENCH HORNS TRUMPETS AND THE LIKE.AT SOME POINT IN THE LATE SIXTIES EARLY SEVENTIES GALAXIA PURCHASED
VEGA AND OR HONDO GUITARS.oR PURCHASED VEGA THEN BUILT GUITARS FOR OR UNDER THE NAME HONDO.MY
GALAXIA DN-199 IS A MUCH MUCH BETTER QUALITY GUITAR THAN ANY VEGA OR HONDO I HAVE EVER SEEN.
IT WOULD APPEAR THAT DURING THE LEGAL MATTERS OF THE VEGA BUY OUT THEY MADE SOME GUITARS UNDER THE GALAXIA NAME.I WOULD RANK MY DN-199 IN THE CLASS OF ALVEREZ YARI SERIES.MINE HAS A 3 PIECE
ROSEWOOD AND MAPLE BACK.ROSEWOOD SIDES AND LAMINATED MAPLE TOP.PEARL INLAY EVERY WHERE! IT IS MY BABY AND HAVE FOUND VERY FEW GUITARS THAT PLAY AND SOUND AS WELL.I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT GALAXIA AND I HAVE NO HARD PROOF OF ANYTHING.

PS. ANYONE WHO PLAYS MY DN-199 FALLS IN LOVE WITH IT! AND THE QUESTIONS OF ITS ORIGIN STARTS ALL OVER.

Re: a galaxia guitar IN NEBRASKA

: : I have a Galaxia model# DN-199.
I have the same guitar model number as you so they seem to be manufacted but if you have a pic i love to exchang wityh you

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.