Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2001

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Quick Easy Legal Money

Quick Easy Legal Money

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ a-i-c-d Message Board ]

Posted by Kevin on September 16, 19100 at 17:31:32:

READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I found this on a bulletin board and decided to
try it. A little while back, I was browsing through newsgroups, just like you are now, and came
across an article similar to this that said you could make thousands of dollars within weeks with only
an initial investment of $6.00! So I thought, "Yeah right, this must be a scam", but like most of us, I
was curious, so I kept reading. Anyway, it said that you send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and
address stated in the article. You then place your own name and address in the bottom of the list at
#6, and post the article in at least 200 newsgroups. (There are thousands) No catch, that was it. So
after thinking it over, and talking to a few people first, I thought about trying it. I figured: "what have I
got to lose except 6 stamps and $6.00, right?" Then I invested the measly $6.00. Well GUESS
WHAT!! Within 7 days, I started getting money in the mail! I was shocked! I figured it would end
soon, but the money just kept coming in. In my first week, I made about $25.00. By the end of the
second week I had made a total of over $1,000.00! In the third week I had over $10,000.00 and it's
still growing. This is now my fourth week and I have made a total of just over $42,000.00 and it's still
coming in rapidly. It's certainly worth $6.00, and 6 stamps, I have spent more than that on the
lottery!! Let me tell you how this works and most importantly, why it works. Also, make sure you
print a copy of this article NOW, so you can get the information off of it, as you need it. I promise
you that if you follow the directions exactly, that you will start making more money than you thought
possible by doing something so easy! Suggestion: Read this entire message carefully! (Print it out or
download it.) Follow the simple directions and watch the money come in! It's easy. It's legal. And,
your investment is only $6.00 (Plus postage) IMPORTANT: This is not a rip-off; it is not indecent; it
is not illegal; and it is virtually no risk - it really works!!!! If all of the following instructions are
adhered to, you will receive extraordinary dividends. PLEASE NOTE: Please follow these directions
EXACTLY, and $50,000 or more can be yours in 20 to 60 days. This program remains successful
because of the honesty and integrity of the participants. Please continue its success by carefully
adhering to the instructions. You will now become part of the Mail Order business. In this business
your product is not solid and tangible, it's a service. You are in the business of developing Mailing
Lists. Many large corporations are happy to pay big bucks for quality lists. However, the money
made from the mailing lists is secondary to the income which is made from people like you and me
asking to be included in that list. Here are the 4 easy steps to success: STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces
of paper and write the following on each piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING
LIST!" Now get 6 US $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the bill
will not be seen through the envelope (to prevent thievery). Next, place one paper in each of the 6
envelopes and seal them. You should now have 6 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of paper
stating the above phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a
service. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! You are requesting a legitimate service and you are
paying for it! Like most of us I was a little skeptical and a little worried about the legal aspects of it
all. So I checked it out with the U.S. Post Office (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is
indeed legal!

Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses: #1) Matthew Ware 1308 Concord, Clovis, NM 88101 #2) Dave Lenz 3915
Terrance Ferry Dr., Joliet, IL 60431 #3) Joey Renna 4145 West Menlo Avenue, Fresno, CA
93722 #4) Sarah Arvesen 5327A Beeler St., Pittsburgh, PA 15217 #5) Roger Yurek 1015 N.
Walnut St. Lansing Mi. 48906 #6) Kevin Bookout 160 Co. Rd. 417 Englewood , TN 37329

STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the other names up (6 becomes
5, 5 becomes 4, etc...) and add YOUR NAME as number 6 on the list. STEP 3: Change anything
you need to, but try to keep this article as close to original as possible. Now, post your amended
article to at least 200 newsgroups. (I think there are close to 24,000 groups) All you need is 200, but
remember, the more that you post, the more money you make! This is perfectly legal! If you have any
doubts, refer to Title 18 Sec. 1302 & 1341 of the Postal lottery laws. Keep a copy of these steps
for yourself and, whenever you need money, you can use it again, and again. PLEASE REMEMBER
that this program remains successful because of the honesty and integrity of the participants and by
their carefully adhering to the directions. Look at it this way, if you are a person of integrity, the
program will continue and the money that so many others have received will come your way. NOTE:
You may want to retain every name and address sent to you, either on a computer or hard copy and
keep the notes people send you. This VERIFIES that you are truly providing a service. (Also, it
might be a good idea to wrap the $1 bill in dark paper to reduce the risk of mail theft.) So, as each
post is downloaded and the directions carefully followed, six members will be reimbursed for their
participation as a List Developer with one dollar each. Your name will move up the list geometrically
so that when your name reaches the #1 position you will be receiving thousands of dollars in
CASH!!! What an opportunity for only $6.00 ($1.00 for each of the first six people listed above)
Send it now, add your own name to the list and you're in business!!! DIRECTIONS FOR HOW TO
POST TO NEWSGROUPS: STEP 1: You do not need to re-type this entire letter to do your own
posting. Simply put your cursor at the beginning of this letter and drag your cursor to the bottom of
this document, and select 'copy' from the edit menu. This will copy the entire letter into the
computer's memory. STEP 2: Open a blank 'notepad' file and place your cursor at the top of the
blank page. From the 'edit' menu select 'paste'. This will paste a copy of the letter into notepad so
that you can add your name to the list. STEP 3: Save your new notepad file as a text file. If you want
to do your postings in different settings, you'll always have this file to go back to. STEP 4: Use
Netscape or Internet explorer and try searching for various newsgroups (on-line forums, message
boards, chat sites, discussions.) STEP 5: Visit these message boards and post this article as a new
message by highlighting the text of this letter and selecting paste from the edit menu. Fill in the
Subject, this will be the header that everyone sees as they scroll through the list of postings in a
particular group, click the post message button. You're done with your first one!
Congratulations...THAT'S IT! All you have to do is jump to different newsgroups and post away,
after you get the hang of it, it will take about 30 seconds for each newsgroup! **REMEMBER, THE
MORE NEWSGROUPS YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU WILL MAKE!! BUT
YOU HAVE TO POST A MINIMUM OF 200** That's it! You will begin receiving money from
around the world within days! You may eventually want to rent a P.O. Box due to the large amounts
coming to you!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ a-i-c-d Message Board ]

Big bottoms

Any1 seen the tab?

ax1000g

hello, can anybody tell me where i can find the soundconfiguration for the korg ax1000g so that it has the sound of green day for example?? i cannot find it in the internet where its described how to set the sound that its like some bands!
pls help me!
if you know where to find this configurations just send me an e-mail to " sui@skywebs.net "
thank you very much!
greetz
sui

Pedabro

Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler's CD "Neck and Neck" has
Paul Franklin supporting playing a PEDABRO.Can someone
help with a description of this instrument please.

Re: Pedabro

I've never seen one, but it's basically a dobro that has a pedal steel type tuning ability...i.e. you can use a pedal or a lever to change the tuning of a particular string as you play.

That album is phenomenally good. God rest Chet Atkins, the world's greatest.

: Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler's CD "Neck and Neck" has
: Paul Franklin supporting playing a PEDABRO.Can someone
: help with a description of this instrument please.

re:Music Player's 1st Millenium of 2000 Winter NAMM in L.A, Kirk Hammett S.S.II DELUXE U.S.A. Custom

Hello,
My name is Ken Gordon Krumlauf*(Crewm-Lawoff)*correct pronunciation.My wife Susan won Music-Player'sInternet-Networks'1st.Give Away under the new ownership of The Miller Freeman & Assoc.'s Co.-Inc.aka:"United Artists Group" at the Millenieums 1st WINTER NAMM 2000 in L.A.
We have kept this instrument at our Local Banks Security Drawer,which is in a Titanium Vault,which is completely Climate Controlled 72*yr.round.Humidity controlled also.Costing us approx.$25.00's a Month.Since May 25th 2000.Played approx.1-2 hrs.at the very most!Comes with E-Mails from Rob Kuboya (I hope I've Spelt his name correctly?)E.S.P.'s Custom shoppe located in The U.S.A.in California,as well as Micheal Silberglied,the President of Silver Knights Group,who was the Golfor for The United Artists Group Inc.makeing sure that we recieved the instrument as well as making sure it was all intact.As we were told that there were over 7.1million "ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS" for this Once in a Life Time Kirk Hammett Demo'd and Signed at The Winter NAMM 2000 for the Subjects Box related Co.'s."A PROMO" for the New Kids on the Block!
And this is all true.Because the Center Spring Was removed and inside the DELUXE E.S.P.Case,with the Certificate of Authenticity,and OPEN WARRENTEE!Cool Huh!And E.S.P.will honor this Warrentee too! As her husband,who's career is Shot in the Ass due to Bone Cancer,I have no use for this magnificiant Instrument,Which does have Music Players LOGO "Hand Painted" accross the Face Side of instrument.We recently had our Luthier meet us at our bank and check the instrument completely against the Oct.2000 Guitar Players Magazine Article that Shows Kirk Hammetts Battle Axe,as well gives all the degree's of tilt and P.U.hiegth at the various 12th and 24th fretts comparable to the Front & Rear P.U.'s.And they Checked Out EXACTLY!Which BLEW US BOTH AWAY! Any way,were not trying to PAWN OFF A FAKE,CAUSE THIS TRUELY IS THE REAL DEAL!AND WE'RE ASKING $3500.00's FIRM BUYER PAYS SHIPPING AND INSURANCE,U.S.Sales Only.Not Going To Donate it cause were DROWNDING IN MEDICAL BILLS!WE REALLY NEED SOME DIRECTION ON HOW TO ACTUALLY GET WHAT IT'S COLLECTORS VALUE REALLY IS.WE HAVE HAD MANY VARIING OPINIONS ON WHAT WE SHOULD ASK FOR IT.WE'VE HAD SOME VERY WELL KNOWN NASHVILLE GUITAR STORES SUGG.THAT THE INSTRUMENT IS WORTH $5500.00 to $12,500.00.Now,we've addvertized it to no avail and got all kinds of SCUM SUCKERS FLOATING UP OFF THE BOTTOM.OUR HOME BROKEN INTO AND VANDLIZED,MY MEDICINES STOLEN.AND MANY OUTTA COUNTRY CON ARTISTS WANTING US TO SEND IT C.O.D.We've Paid an Attornee to check it out and were so thankfull we did'nt byte on Selling it Out Of Country.We just can't PHATHOM,how HONEST we Are,As well as All The CARE WE'VE WENT INTO KEEPING THIS INSTRUMENT IN PERFECTLY MINT CONDITION,AND SO MANY RIP-OFF ARTISTS THAT SURFACE,GIVE ROCK'N'ROLL A BLOODY NOSE,as well ASHAMES US As AMERICANS!THAT'S WHY WERE KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR.Please Respond,Thank-You Kindly,Keep The Faith,R&R Forever!Cordially Ken & Susan

Re: re:Music Player's 1st Millenium of 2000 Winter NAMM in L.A, Kirk Hammett S.S.II DELUXE U.S.A. Cu

: Hello,
: My name is Ken Gordon Krumlauf*(Crewm-Lawoff)*correct pronunciation.My wife Susan won Music-Player'sInternet-Networks'1st.Give Away under the new ownership of The Miller Freeman & Assoc.'s Co.-Inc.aka:"United Artists Group" at the Millenieums 1st WINTER NAMM 2000 in L.A.
: We have kept this instrument at our Local Banks Security Drawer,which is in a Titanium Vault,which is completely Climate Controlled 72*yr.round.Humidity controlled also.Costing us approx.$25.00's a Month.Since May 25th 2000.Played approx.1-2 hrs.at the very most!Comes with E-Mails from Rob Kuboya (I hope I've Spelt his name correctly?)E.S.P.'s Custom shoppe located in The U.S.A.in California,as well as Micheal Silberglied,the President of Silver Knights Group,who was the Golfor for The United Artists Group Inc.makeing sure that we recieved the instrument as well as making sure it was all intact.As we were told that there were over 7.1million "ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS" for this Once in a Life Time Kirk Hammett Demo'd and Signed at The Winter NAMM 2000 for the Subjects Box related Co.'s."A PROMO" for the New Kids on the Block!
: And this is all true.Because the Center Spring Was removed and inside the DELUXE E.S.P.Case,with the Certificate of Authenticity,and OPEN WARRENTEE!Cool Huh!And E.S.P.will honor this Warrentee too! As her husband,who's career is Shot in the Ass due to Bone Cancer,I have no use for this magnificiant Instrument,Which does have Music Players LOGO "Hand Painted" accross the Face Side of instrument.We recently had our Luthier meet us at our bank and check the instrument completely against the Oct.2000 Guitar Players Magazine Article that Shows Kirk Hammetts Battle Axe,as well gives all the degree's of tilt and P.U.hiegth at the various 12th and 24th fretts comparable to the Front & Rear P.U.'s.And they Checked Out EXACTLY!Which BLEW US BOTH AWAY! Any way,were not trying to PAWN OFF A FAKE,CAUSE THIS TRUELY IS THE REAL DEAL!AND WE'RE ASKING $3500.00's FIRM BUYER PAYS SHIPPING AND INSURANCE,U.S.Sales Only.Not Going To Donate it cause were DROWNDING IN MEDICAL BILLS!WE REALLY NEED SOME DIRECTION ON HOW TO ACTUALLY GET WHAT IT'S COLLECTORS VALUE REALLY IS.WE HAVE HAD MANY VARIING OPINIONS ON WHAT WE SHOULD ASK FOR IT.WE'VE HAD SOME VERY WELL KNOWN NASHVILLE GUITAR STORES SUGG.THAT THE INSTRUMENT IS WORTH $5500.00 to $12,500.00.Now,we've addvertized it to no avail and got all kinds of SCUM SUCKERS FLOATING UP OFF THE BOTTOM.OUR HOME BROKEN INTO AND VANDLIZED,MY MEDICINES STOLEN.AND MANY OUTTA COUNTRY CON ARTISTS WANTING US TO SEND IT C.O.D.We've Paid an Attornee to check it out and were so thankfull we did'nt byte on Selling it Out Of Country.We just can't PHATHOM,how HONEST we Are,As well as All The CARE WE'VE WENT INTO KEEPING THIS INSTRUMENT IN PERFECTLY MINT CONDITION,AND SO MANY RIP-OFF ARTISTS THAT SURFACE,GIVE ROCK'N'ROLL A BLOODY NOSE,as well ASHAMES US As AMERICANS!THAT'S WHY WERE KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR.Please Respond,Thank-You Kindly,Keep The Faith,R&R Forever!Cordially Ken & Susan

Dear Ken & Susan,
I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I wish you the very best.I also share your patriotism,it's ashame that some people are what they are.One things for sure though,you have in your possesion a most extraordinary piece,and if I were in a position to purchase it,I definitely would love to own it.I am a die-hard MettalicA fan and I was very excited to read your message,but I'm afraid I'm just an average guy with an average life and I along with many other "real" people,have rich man dreams with a poor man's pocket book.I also know what it's like to sell off things that mean alot to you just to pay a friggin' bill...it's a damn shame...but you do whut ya gotta do,right?I only hope that either you decide to keep it('cuz for once someone who deserved it won something),or someone who will cherish it winds up with it!!Again,all the best to you and your family.
J.Ennis
(a.k.a.-Ulrichkixazz)

Marwin Accoustic Guitar

Can anyone tell me anything about Marwin Guitars? I've been searching the net, but haven't had much luck in finding anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan Bruner
bruner@shol.com

Re: Marwin Accoustic Guitar

I just found a Marwin 'Artiste" at a local second hand guitar store in London, Ontario. It has beautiful tone, and feels excellent. There is fret problem from 12 up on some of the strings. I'm sorry this isn't too helpful, but I guess I can say that I'd like some more info too!

Go check out guitarius.com...

http://www.guitarius.com

how old is my marshall ????

i've checked everywhere, but nobody knows how old is my marshall. it's a SUPER LEAD 100W and the serial number is SL / 12120

no letters, no nothing. is 1967 ? 1968 ?

thanks to help me.

fred.

Re: how old is my marshall ????

While I don't know myself, you should try this message board if you haven't already.

http://www.webervst.com/wwwboard/marshall/marboard.html

: i've checked everywhere, but nobody knows how old is my marshall. it's a SUPER LEAD 100W and the serial number is SL / 12120

: no letters, no nothing. is 1967 ? 1968 ?

: thanks to help me.

: fred.

GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!! MUST SEE!!!!

Hey everyone out there on a budget around $330......fret no more and buy now! The Taylor big baby guitar is terrific! It boasts the sound of a full size dreadnought (its not that much smaller) but its taylor made and you cant go wrong with that. I baught mine 2 weeks ago and cant put it down! I had 700 dollars to spend and I chose this one over the Martins and all, i figured why spend the money when this one sounds just as good? i play bluegrass guitar and the tone and action is so great! i am very impressed, i suggest you check them out! this is a good way to cut ends.

GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!! MUST SEE!!!!

Hey everyone out there on a budget around $330......fret no more and buy now! The Taylor big baby guitar is terrific! It boasts the sound of a full size dreadnought (its not that much smaller) but its taylor made and you cant go wrong with that. I baught mine 2 weeks ago and cant put it down! I had 700 dollars to spend and I chose this one over the Martins and all, i figured why spend the money when this one sounds just as good? i play bluegrass guitar and the tone and action is so great! i am very impressed, i suggest you check them out! this is a good way to cut ends. Oh, and it even comes with its own padded gig bag (very nicely made).

GUITAR PRO 3 Crack and Serial

Does any know where I can find or give me the crack+serial for Guitar Pro 3??

Thanks

Re: GUITAR PRO 3 Crack and Serial

: Does any know where I can find or give me the crack+serial for Guitar Pro 3??
n' if u can show me where to find a guitar pro 3 without demo , or a guitar pro 3 cracked

thank u , i'm waitin' for an answer
see u soon

Re: GUITAR PRO 3 Crack and Serial

: Thanks

: Your help is greatly appreciated.

GUITAR PRO 3 Serial

: Does any know where I can find or give me the serial for Guitar Pro 3??

Re: GUITAR PRO 3 Crack only or Patch

instrument identification

where can i find out EXACTLY what the manufacturing dates of my guitars
are?

Peavey Deuce

I need an schematics of Peavey Deuce

Re: Peavey Deuce

I dont think so, gopher boy.

Roland JC-120

Is there a certain type or brand of special effects that work well with the Roland JC-120 for getting a very compressed, long sustaining distortion tone?

Re: Roland JC-120

Hmm.If you don't want to spend a lot of $$$,the Ibanez Smash Box and Boss OD-3 work very well on JC's.I'll use the SM-7 for dis. & OD-3 overdrv./boost...MuRdeR sHe WrOtE!!
Good Luck

Re: Roland JC-120

Hi....I have a Roland JC-120, and have been very happy with the Ibanez Tube Screamer. I have the old style, a TS-5? It's the pedal that looks like a fat little potato bug, probably no longer made?
However, even the lower priced tube screamers sound pretty much like the pricey reissues, so you need not spend alot to get a great sound.

Regards,
Hoot

Classical guitar pickup

What kind of pickup do the professionals use for live gigs?
Is there one called Polly.... and who sells it?

Thanks for any info. Please e-mail me @ houman@gis.net

Houman

DiMarzio

Hey,
Do any of you know a good pickup for heavy metal lead playing? I want lots of Beef and sharp harmonics that are both very clear in their own right. I was told DiMarzio may have what I am looking for...does anyone know of a DiMarzio pickup that can do the job? The pickup I am looking for doesnt have to be a DiMa, I just want a great heavy metal pickup that is very wholesome.
Thanks,
-Ben

Re: DiMarzio

Hmm.Try the PAF pro.

Mesa Boogir Triaxis help

I have a just bought a mesa boogie triaxis preamp. Serial number T0119, apparently this has had a mod were C15 and C16 have been replaced by diodes. Do any of you guys know what effect this will have.
I would also like to know if you know of any good sites where I can get settings or latest mod info.
My triaxis is one of the very early ones so it's probably V1 software with none of the Fat or recto mods.
can anyone tell me what these mods are all about and if there are any others, recomendations etc?

Looking for a modestly priced used 12-string

I would like to get a decent used 12-string. What model would you recommend and how much would you expect I would have to pay?

Need help on Floyd Rose

recently I bought a 7 string ESP with Floyd Rose Tremlo. After restringing the Floyd tremlo tilts up far more than it should. I've tried tuning and tightening the bolts that tilt the tremlo but the loosness they need to be for the guitar to be playable means the action is very high and the tremlo is tilted a lot and if the action is reasonable and the tremlo is parrallel with the body like it shoud be the strings ane glued to the fretboard and sound only buzzes and not one note. Can you help? Also the same tilting tremlo problem has happened to my old Fender strat which I've restrung a million times. What's going on? Is it the ernie ball strings or something?

Re: Need help on Floyd Rose

Have you been adjusting the spring tension in the back of the guitar. Different strings cause different tension sometimes, and it is the springs in the back of the guitar that adjust the 'tilt' of the tremolo. It sounds like you need to tighten these springs up using the screws at the neck end of the rear cavity. Once you have the strings tuned with the tremolo at the right angle, use the two allen posts at the front of the guitar to adjust the height of the strings above the fretboard. Potentially it could be that the strings just need stretching in or something.

Re: Need help on Floyd Rose

Heres a good site that describes FR setup:

http://www.homeguitarrepair.com/tremolo/tremolo1.html

Review my new release

I just released a new 5 song effort.
All instrumental progressive hard rock fusion
looking for thoughts and critiques
Thanks for your time
www.mp3.com/visualcliff

Blueshawk frets

it seems the frets on this Gibson Blueshawk are a bit tall, makes sliding difficult, can they be ground, should they be ground, and how to do it right.

Re: Blueshawk frets

: it seems the frets on this Gibson Blueshawk are a bit tall, makes sliding difficult, can they be ground, should they be ground, and how to do it right.
Tall frets do require a somewhat different technique, I would not plane them lower myself,
maybe polish with #0000 steel wool. Tape off the
pickups with drafting tape to keep the wool slivers
off. Let me know how that works.

request tabs

request tabs,MIRACLE WORKERS,DEAD BOYS,THANK.

Re: request tabs

: request tabs,lynard skynard, simple man solo, thx

Re: request tabs

: : request tabs,lynard skynard, simple man solo, thx
and could you put the lyrics where each tab is

Help with purchasing a guitar...

I am new to the guitar, and am learning on a cheapie that I purchased for $50. What is a good quality guitar that I can purchase to learn with? I would like the guitar to make me happy for years to come. Is Yamaha the way to go? Thanks for all input.

Re: Help with purchasing a guitar...

: I am new to the guitar, and am learning on a cheapie that I purchased for $50. What is a good quality guitar that I can purchase to learn with? I would like the guitar to make me happy for years to come. Is Yamaha the way to go? Thanks for all input.

That really depends on what you like, and what kind of music you want to play. I love Fender Stratocasters, and the American Standards aren't that much money. You could probably pick one up between $400-$500.

: : I am new to the guitar, and am learning on a cheapie that I purchased for $50. What is a good quality guitar that I can purchase to learn with? I would like the guitar to make me happy for years to come. Is Yamaha the way to go? Thanks for all input.

: That really depends on what you like, and what kind of music you want to play. I love Fender Stratocasters, and the American Standards aren't that much money. You could probably pick one up between $400-$500.

: You can play any kind of guitar for almost any type of music *with the right pickups, pedals, and amps*. Plus you'll get used to anything you buy. So try and get one that you think looks good. Every brand has good gear if your willing to spend the money. I would actually steer clear of Yamaha though. Maybe im byist but they make motorcycles for christs sake. Im playing on a PRS that i got recently. Its the best thing ive ever played on. Look at Gibsons and Fenders....they have some very decent guitars in the 500-800 dollar range. If you want to love it for years then spend between 700-1500. Hope that helped.

I am looking to purchase an American made Fender Strat, manufactured between 1970 and 1985, with a locking tremelo system, used, around the $500 range, preferrably at an Ottawa, Ontario store, if not, reasonable shipping costs from outside Canada? Would appreciate any assistance you could provide.
Thanks,
Chris.

OK, these responses were all valid, but let's go one step at a time. You say you were learning on a $50 cheapie and want to upgrade to something that will last awile AND be good to continue learning on. I am assuming it is an acoustic. If this is what you want, Yamaha is a great way to go. They have great acoustic guitars for starters and even for seasoned players. You can pick one up for a couple hundred bucks. It will sound good and will be of good quality because pretty much all of Yamaha's line is pretty good. The guy who said to stay away from Yamaha because they also make motorcycles is pretty ignorant. What he doesn't know is that the musical instrument branch of Yamaha is completely separate from the other branches. It's not like they take spare parts from the cycles and use them to build guitars and stuff. He obviously hasn't done his homework. Don't listen to him. Starting on an acoustic is, in my opinion, the best way to go. You establish a great foundation on which to build if you decide to step up to an electric or even a top of the line acoustic. Again, Yamaha is a great way to go. Check some guitars out at your local shop and buy what feels right to you. Don't commit to the first one you play. Shop around. I hope this helps and good luck. Have fun too!!!

Stratacoustic chipped finish repair

I just picked up a stratacoustic with a small chip in the finish, it's a 'clean' chip (down to the wood, but no cracks radiating out) and I was wondering what the best thing to fill/fix it with. I was just gonna fill it with some epoxy and blend some paint over it.. is there a more professional way to fix it ??? I searched the net and most ways were basically the same, and I don't really want to spend anything fixing it cause it's a cheap guitar (but was suprised how decent it sounds plugged in though, so gonna keep it for awhile), and I know I'am going to put alot more in it playing so figure I might as well learn now. Thanks for any help.

painting an electric guitar

Has anyone out there ever attempted giving their electric a new paint job? I'm considering painting my off-white 1983 Fender Strat a new color, but I don't know how to go about it: how to prepare the existing body surface, what kind of paints to use, etc. Can anyone advise me? Please respond off-line, if possible. (dillon@fas.harvard.edu)

Re: painting an electric guitar

my only suggestion about it is if its an american 83 with the input jack on the pickguard, dont paint it. 83-84 strats are pretty rare cuz of this change in the design and you may want to keep it as orginial as possible

In need of a quality amp for less than $500.00

I'm upgrading my amp from a 15 watt Charvel practice amp.I'm thinking of a Line6 112.Whats out there for me?

Re: In need of a quality amp for less than $500.00

Try Laney, they're great amps for not much money.

Re: In need of a quality amp for less than $500.00

Crate GFX212T 2x12 inch 120 watts built in effects and it sounds killer ohyea after tax it should be bout 450

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.