Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: PAF pickups what are the best for a ce-24 PRS

I'd suggest the Seymore SH-5 for lead.Or the SH-4,huge
mid-range response.

CHANGING STRING GAUGE

can you put 11 gauge strings on a guitar that came with 9 gauge strings

CHANGING STRING GAUGE

can you put 11 gauge strings on a guitar that came with 9 gauge strings

Re: CHANGING STRING GAUGE

Yes. If it's a tremelo guitar, you may have to adjust the springs in the back of the guitar, you may or may not have to then fix the intonation. If it's non-trem, you'll probably just have to re-intonate it. I can walk you through this stuff if you need me to, just say so.
-Rick

Korg AX 1000g Patches

Korg AX 1000g Patches

This popular thread has been given its own page : Korg AX 1000g Patches

Please help.......I'm in Floyd Rose hell.

What do you gotta be a surgeon to get one of theses things calibrated and intonated? If I raise the thing even a small amount, I cannot get the guitar to stay in tune, when I tighten the low E, all three bottom strings go out of tune and vice versa. And then the action's all messed up and the Floyd is all tilted and angled. What the hell?

Re: Please help.......I'm in Floyd Rose hell.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Floyd Rose!! Take the guitar to a pro tech, they'll get it all set up for you if you are having too much trouble with it. Believe me, it will save you a ton of headaches.

Re: Please help.......I'm in Floyd Rose hell.

Hey Jack. String tension equals spring tension. So... everything is affected by everything else. Action, angle of the bridge, how far the spring plate gets screwed into the wood etc. If you work on it for an evening you'll have it! Stick to the same gague strings too.

Digitech RP2000-Starting and stopping drum beat with Control switch.

I have read the manual over and over..Simple enough to assign most paramerters to the control switch.The manual says you can assign the drum beat to stop and start by assining it to the control switch. I have failed so far. Help in this matter would be appreciated. Step by step would help greatly. Thanks!

Re: Digitech RP2000-Starting and stopping drum beat with Control switch.

I have that feature on a few of my programs....once you get the hang of it its pretty easy......I think it goes something like this: hit the assign button and it will say ExPDL(expression pedal)and will flash back and forth to what its set for.....now punch the rhythm(and its also got an arrow for scroll right) 3 times.....it will now say CNTFS(control footswitch)and flash to what it is set for....now spin the wheel till you find the rhythm setting......you also may have to set it to toggle(your other choice is momentary...which you dont want because youd have to hold your foot on the switch all the time).....then just hit store and your all set......a cool feature of this is that you will be able to change programs without disturbing the drums.....so if you have it set on one of your programs you can now scroll through your others....but you must go back to the original program to shut it off with the foot switch....have fun...Trip

Re: Digitech RP2000-Starting and stopping drum beat with Control switch.

Thanks a bunch....This got it for me...Great feature...It happened that mine was going to Control foot switch Min or Max and only had choice of Red or green. Found the setting for just the control switch and then found the Rythem setting....Thanks again. Jam On.....

Gibson Destroyer

Hello, I have a 1974 Gibson Destroyer with a natural wood finish and in good condition. Can anyone give me an estimation of how much this is worth? Thanks.

Re: Gibson Destroyer

Hi -- Are you sure you don't mean a Gibson Explorer (the Ibanez version of which was called a "Destroyer") (i.e., the style of guitar that James Hetfield usually plays)?

: Hello, I have a 1974 Gibson Destroyer with a natural wood finish and in good condition. Can anyone give me an estimation of how much this is worth? Thanks.

Re: Gibson Destroyer

I also have a Gibson Destroyer - did you ever find out a price?

BR8 Software. Scenes?

Roland has now posted free software to convert your BR8
files into WAV but how can you get it to remember what
level you want each track? It seems to remember the Pan
setting but not the levels. Can you get it to remember
a scene?

-DAve

Re: BR8 Software. Scenes?

: Where can I get Roland Bossfree software for the BOSS BR8 to enable it to convert recorded files into WAV. I want to be able to use the disks to burn to CD either directly through the PC or via digital in on my sound card to the CD writer.
: level you want each track? It seems to remember the Pan
: setting but not the levels. Can you get it to remember
: a scene?

: -DAve

: Where can I get Roland Bossfree software for the BOSS BR8 to enable it to convert recorded files into WAV. I want to be able to use the disks to burn to CD either directly through the PC or via digital in on my sound card to the CD writer.

Mick

where do they have tit posted i can't seem to find this software you speak of.if any one can help me please write me and let me know thanks.....

Grand Console Parts

Does anyone know where I may find the pickup covers for 1951 National Grand Console lap steel? Also searching for an adaptor that converts screw on cable jack to 1/4" without instrument modification.

[CANNON] connector...

hi, folks..
can someone help with this?? i need to connect a CANNON
connector (the balanced one with 3 poles..) but i don't
know how to do it.. what is the ground?? and the signals??
and do i need something special to make it really balanced??
thanx for help, nils.

Re: [CANNON] connector...

What are you connecting it to? Those are balanced so you don't need ant additional things, balanced is balanced.

Re: [CANNON] connector...

to a home made ampli... i need to know where to connect the ground and the signals...
thanx..

Hohner acoustic HG220 Anniversary Edition

Looking for a place to get some information on my guitar. Some direction would really be appreciated.

Where are the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Rackmounts?

Did Mesa stop making the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers in the Rackmount version. Does anyone know where I could find one??

Re: Where are the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Rackmounts?

Check their website. http://www.mesaboogie.com/

: Did Mesa stop making the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers in the Rackmount version. Does anyone know where I could find one??

Re: Where are the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Rackmounts?

yes....unfortunatly...you may be able to find one at ebay?

PICKUP SELECTOR SWITCH

HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT CHANGING A PICKUP SELECTOR
SWITCH ON AN ARCHTOP GUITAR? WOULD YOU TRY TO SAKE IT
THROUGH THE "F" HOLE OR WOULD YOU REMOVE THE PICKUP AND
RUN IT BACK THROUGH THAT HOLE. MY SWITCH IS ACTING UP
AND I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN CHANGE IT OR IF THIS IS
SOMETHING BETTER LEFT TO A REPAIR GUY ?

Re: PICKUP SELECTOR SWITCH

Go the safe route and have it professionally done, sometimes they can be easy, but sometimes tricky.

Re: PICKUP SELECTOR SWITCH

What kind of guitar is it? Where is the switch located in relation to the other controls? If it's a Gibson Super 400 or L5 type it's a little easier than if it's right next to the volumes and tones....

It should only cost $15-$20 to have it done by a pro.

: HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT CHANGING A PICKUP SELECTOR
: SWITCH ON AN ARCHTOP GUITAR? WOULD YOU TRY TO SAKE IT
: THROUGH THE "F" HOLE OR WOULD YOU REMOVE THE PICKUP AND
: RUN IT BACK THROUGH THAT HOLE. MY SWITCH IS ACTING UP
: AND I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN CHANGE IT OR IF THIS IS
: SOMETHING BETTER LEFT TO A REPAIR GUY ?

Pickup Switch

I need to change a pick-up switch on an old Ibanez EX series. It's a five way switch to two humbuckers and a single coil. It doesn't respond well when the switch position is changed. Plus I need to change my pickups also. I've never changed any of this before and my guitar needs full reconstruction. Does this need to be done by a local repairist or can I do it myself.

Marshall 8080

does anyone know if a Marshall Valvestate 8080 can operate @ 4 ohms? don't want to blow it up...

Re: Marshall 8080

no problem it will give even more power but don't
go less than 4 Ohms at 2 ohms it will short cicuit

strat bridge

I just bought a mexican strat. whenever i use the tremelo i hear a clicking. is this bad? Also is my low e string supposed buzz a lot?

Re: strat bridge

I think the clicking you hear are the springs being stretched.Spray a little WD-40 on them and bend the tremelo for a while,to loosen it up.The low E buzzes
because you might need a setup done on the neck.Also,
ask your repair man for a grind and polish on the
frets.This should even them out so you could play with
a lower action.
Good Luck

Reggae Amp

I'm planning to play in a reggae band but I dont know if a tube amp is adequate for the task. I believe i'll need a clean sound also, to make the base guitar. What do I do??????? Get a solid-state?

Antoria Les Paul copy

I have an Antoria Les Paul copy (cream coloured and in mint condition) that I bought new about 25 years ago. I have no idea what it is worth now, any ideas??? also does anybody know anything about Antoria?? I know they no longer exist, but can find no history on them.

Re: Antoria Les Paul copy

Hi, yes, although I am a woman, I am a guitarist and have played most of my life. I am looking to buy a Antoria Les Paul Custom, I would prefer a Golden Antoria as I used to have one in the 70's, although I would consider a Sunburst. During the mid 70's and early 8o's I owned several Antoria Les Paul Customs and to me they played better than the original. The only draw-back is that the Les Paul, or the Antoria Les Paul Copy, is a bit heavy for a female of my build and as a result over the years I have either used SG's or Fenders, but I just don't get on with them at all and I don't like the feel or the action of them although I prefer the SG to the Fender. I am not interested in modern Les Pauls as I think they are rubbish. I would like to get my hands on an early 70's Les Paul, but unfortunately for several reasons including financial I am unable to do this right now. Therefore I really would like to lay my hands on an early 70's Antoria as mentioned above. As far as your guitar is concerned it all depends on what you want to know? Are you just looking for a valuation? If so it all depends on the condition. But as far as a dedicated musician is concerned such as myself, the price of the guitar means nothing! It is all down to personal choice and which guitar is suited to your handling, your capability, action, and so on, and when you find the right guitar for you then that particular guitar becomes almost priceless to that musician. If you know anyone who has a Golden or Sunburst early 70's Antoria Les Paul Custom, please, please let me know. In the meantime if I can be of any assistance to you please drop me a line. Regards. Talisa

New Version 4.3 of Tstar multitrack software released

28 simultaneous tracks instead of 14 before for registered users.
many new features including fader automation.

free to try 20 dollars to register.
free downloads at winsite.com and zdnet.com
HAVE FUN !

karoake style removal of guitar tracks

I've seen software that will remove vocals from .WAV files. Does anyone know of similar software to remove guitar?
Thanks.

Re: karoake style removal of guitar tracks

Hi there! Could you please guide me to where I can obtain this softwazre that will remove vocals from .wav files? I had not heard of either.WoW! Very cool!Email me at harmonynpeace@hardrockers.com please when you can.
Thanks!
Ciao,
Raven

: I've seen software that will remove vocals from .WAV files. Does anyone know of similar software to remove guitar?
: Thanks.

FORGOT TO MENTION...

forgot to mention that I found this board thru a search for something else and just had to have found this cos if you will look at the date of this guy's msg...well...that is MY BIRTHDAY! Very cool. Better late than never,cos I sure would like this software too!
Thanks for reading!

: Hi there! Could you please guide me to where I can obtain this software that will remove vocals from .wav files? I had not heard of either.WoW! Very cool!Email me at harmonynpeace@hardrockers.com please when you can.
: Thanks!
: Ciao,
: Raven

: : I've seen software that will remove vocals from .WAV files. Does anyone know of similar software to remove guitar?
: : Thanks.

Hohner Contessa Classical

Hohner Contessa Classical

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hohner Contessa Classical

guitarb Q

Hello,

I'm a student that play classical guitar for 6 years
I'm an advanced player.
I'm interesting in buying a new (good) guitar and I'm
confused with all the kinds avilble.
Please send me some recomandationd for guitars that
have good reputation.Willing to spend as much as
$2,500.

-I mayself put my eyes on the 'picado' model 60/62
what do you think about them?
Hope to hear sincere answers...
Thank you very much Ido.

*Please send comment to me e-mail adress.
bareketj@internet-zahav.net

Where can I find details for the serail number of my Epi Les paul (S:F6020206)

I tried the Epi web site but it does not have details on serail number as high as mine.

Any help would be gratefully recieved

S

Re: Where can I find details for the serail number of my Epi Les paul (S:F6020206)

What kind of details are you looking for? By the number I can tell it is a 1996. The Epiphone serial numbers are some of the most confusing out there. The company did not keep track of things until the 90's. This is when they set up their current standard for serial #'s. :
The first digit, the letter, indicates where it was made. Epiphone has used many factories for production. Two of the most popular are (S) Samick and (R) Aria. I'm not sure which factory F stands for.
The second digit is the year. 6=1996. The remaining numbers are numeric codes for the company. Possibly what week (020) and the 206th guitar of the day.
If you email Epiphone they usually will answer any question you have. I inquiured about my 80's Epiphone and they said they have no record of it being made.

Hope this helps!

Jj

the 4 controls les paul´s controls

I only wanted to know the finality of the 4 les paul´s controls.
Thanks.

Re: Where can I find details for the serail number of my Epi Les paul (S:F6020206)

Man, who cares!! Its an Epiphone. Thats like asking if a Squire is vintage guitar!

What's the Best Metal Humbucker Pickup?

What's the Best Metal Humbucker Pickup?

This popular thread has been given its own page : What's the Best Metal Humbucker Pickup?

CORT SERIAL NUMBER

I OWN A CORT BUT DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WAS MADE
THE SERIAL NUMBER IS 8610450 ANY IDEAS??

THANKS.

Re:serial number bryce 4

Aiutatemi stò cercando disperatamente il numero
seriale di bryce 4..........

grazie

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.