Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Guitar notes!!!!!!!!!

can u give me the written music for the song layla by eric clapton

Guitar distortion plug in

Do you guys know of any decent freeware/shareware (no demo)
distortion plug in (VST or DX)? If so, please let me
know the name or where I can find it.

Thanks,
Hish

Re: Guitar distortion plug in

: Do you guys know of any decent freeware/shareware (no demo)
: distortion plug in (VST or DX)? If so, please let me
: know the name or where I can find it.

: Thanks,
: Hish

Re: Guitar distortion plug in

: : Do you guys know of any decent freeware/shareware (no demo)
: : distortion plug in (VST or DX)? If so, please let me
: : know the name or where I can find it.

: : Thanks,
: : Hish

Yes i do!

Take a look at www.amplitube.com, there you can download a fully version off this great software, i think this is te best one the market!

Maurício

Amp simulator

I used Alien Connections Revalver, the demo, but there's
a lot of noise, which I understand is added as a demo
feature. Does anyone know if the full version operates
smoothly and better than the demo version for comparison?
and did anyone try out the line6 amp simulator software?
Is it worth it?

Thanks,
Hish

guild headstock logo

Mine is gone and I would like to replace it(1971 d25).

Washburn Model 1915

I have just inherited an old Washburn guitar. The label on the inside
states that it is Model 1915. It comes in an old canvas bag which looks to be original with
the guitar. Can anyone give me an estimate of the vale. To me it looks to be in good shape for its age.
Many thanks from Canada.

Re: Washburn Model 1915

: I have just inherited an old Washburn guitar. The label on the inside
: states that it is Model 1915. It comes in an old canvas bag which looks to be original with
: the guitar. Can anyone give me an estimate of the vale. To me it looks to be in good shape for its age.
: Many thanks from Canada.

Re: Washburn Model 1915

: : I have just inherited an old Washburn guitar. The label on the inside
: : states that it is Model 1915. It comes in an old canvas bag which looks to be original with
: : the guitar. Can anyone give me an estimate of the vale. To me it looks to be in good shape for its age.
: : Many thanks from Canada.

I have an old , broken one. Found this link.
http://www.axinhand.com/Acoustic/Washburn/

Gretsch Guitars

I have a Gretsch hollow body Chet Atkins electric guitar bought new in 1964. I would like to sell it but need some insight as to its market value. Please respond.

Re: Gretsch Guitars

I suggest you go out on the net and price similar Gretchs and find collectors magazines and check prices. I have a 1972 wine colored Chet Atkins Nashville that is in mint condition that i would not sell for less than 1500 bucks. Actually, i wouldn't sell it if offered 1500, it's value has more to do with other things than it's market value. The value of it depends as much on what it takes for you to let it go and what a seller is willing to give for it as anything else.

Seagull 12 string

Seagull 12 string

This popular thread has been given its own page : Seagull 12 string

Flamenco

Hi! I'm from Turkey..I am 18 years old and I've played guitar for 8 years..I usually played Jazz,Blues,Fusion... I didn't know Flamenco until this year..of course I know but I didn't try playing...I'm looking for someone to help me..for example; Notes by Guitarists or study for my right hand, etc.. I don't know my sentences are correct..I exactly don't know English.. sorry for this and Thanks for e-mail me!
Yours Respectfully!..

Re: Flamenco

I have some free online lessons at www.wholenote.com that might be helpful, also, there is lots of info right here at guitarsite.com, look for the links on the homepage,

Jim in Canada

: Hi! I'm from Turkey..I am 18 years old and I've played guitar for 8 years..I usually played Jazz,Blues,Fusion... I didn't know Flamenco until this year..of course I know but I didn't try playing...I'm looking for someone to help me..for example; Notes by Guitarists or study for my right hand, etc.. I don't know my sentences are correct..I exactly don't know English.. sorry for this and Thanks for e-mail me!
: Yours Respectfully!..

TOM GREEN NEEDS A GUITAR MULTI FX PROCESSOR

I'M LOOKING FOR A GUITAR MFX PROCESSOR.
I don'y know too much about this shit, but i'm considering the ZOOM GFX8, the DIGITECH RP2000, the BOSS GT3 and the KORG AX1000G.
IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT IT... PLEASE HELP ME.

TOM GREEN.

Re: TOM GREEN NEEDS A GUITAR MULTI FX PROCESSOR

are you really tom green because if you are this is a fancy resteraunt

Re: TOM GREEN NEEDS A GUITAR MULTI FX PROCESSOR

I can probably help you out. Is this Tom Green from Ottawa?

What acoustic guitar / s do you own ??

So what have you got ? Is it any good ? I've got a Takamine F370SS ( all solid dreadnought..no cutaway or electrics ) and I like it . As most of us do, I'm constantly on the lookout for decent gear and I'd think about selling this Tak , simply for a change and to experience the buzz of looking for a new guitar again. I've gotta say I prefer all solids. There are some obscure names out there , such as Lakewood. Everyone constantly talks about Martins and Taylors. What do you think is a good buy for uder £700 / $1000 ?

auditioning for battle of the bands !! HELP !!

Hey, im in a hard rock/ progressive metal band and were auditioning for the school battle of the bands. The guy running it already isnt too fond of us (of last years audition-amps breaking etc. etc. etc.) Well WE dig our songs, but as this is the punk age, i dont know how were gonna stand. Anyway I just want some advice for any regular giggers out there on making the best impression we can. Thanx a lot

Re: auditioning for battle of the bands !! HELP !!

Screw "Battle of the Bands"! Music is to be enjoyed, not judged!! If you really want to "battle" then go ahead.( it might be fun). If I where you I would plan on recording a REAL good demo, then I would submit this demo along with a bio to www.mp3.com
You can also find some computer radio stations ( in Europe of course) that may play the demo. After all metal never died over there. They appreciate music on a different level than most "trendy" Americans do.
Don't get me wrong I'am an American, I just don't limit myself to listening only to whats pop at the moment.

Guitar Building

I am interested in building my own guitar and would appreciate any advice on books, articles, etc... that you might have as well as any personal revelations that might help. I already have tools and am relatively proficient in the use of them. THX

Re: Guitar Building

Do yourself a favor.... don't attempt to make you own neck. (Its a bitch). Check out some websites that sell guitar parts. Hell, they have been around BEFORE the internet!
www.warmoth.com
www.allparts.com
You should be able to get everything you need and then some.
Good luck on your project.

Boss VF-1 F/S

This unit is new and includes the original box, instruction manuel and power supply. It is registered and covered by a 3 year warrenty The VF-1 24-Bit Multiple Effects Processor is BOSS's most powerful effects unit in history, offering reverb, delay, chorus, guitar and COSM-based effects derived from Roland's breakthrough VG-8 V-Guitar System, V-Studio workstations, DJ/Groove gear, and legendary BOSS effects gear. Features: 1.BOSS' best multi-effects processor in history 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion w/ 30-bit internal processing 2.Powerful COSM-based Guitar Amp and Microphone Modeling 3.400 effects Patches for applications ranging from guitar to digital recording to DJ/remixer setups Category Search function for quick recall of Patches via effects categories 4.Dedicated Hi-Z Guitar input and chromatic guitar/bass tuner 5.Coaxial Digital output for all-digital recording/mixing environment 6.Stereo input/output capability for serial or parallel effects processing (+4/-10dB) 7.Footswitch, expression pedal and MIDI control capability 8.Optional RAD-50 Rackmount Adaptor Shipping through UPS ground. Visa/MC through Paypal.com. Please direct any question comments or concerns either through email or call 213.570.1338 PST and ask for John

Ibanez Model?

I have an Ibanez that resembles a S540 series, but i don't know the exact model. It has a flame maple, aqua to black finish, H-S-H pickups (USAIBZF1,USAIBZC3,USAIBZF2), gold hardware, Abalone oval inlays, floyd rose, really low action, 22 frets, custom-made on the 21st fret. Can anyone help me with the model? I can't find one that matches exactly. Does anyone know what a possible list price for this might be?

looking for aria classical guitar

where can i get a reasonable priced aria classical guitar? my budget is around $500 so i guess i could settle for a second hand guitar. i hope to get one by january in time for my recital this coming march. it's very difficult to find this brand in the philippines where i come from. i would appreciate any advise. thanks.

Re: looking for aria classical guitar

: where can i get a reasonably priced aria classical guitar? my budget is around $500 so i guess i could settle for a second hand guitar. i hope to get one by january in time for my recital this coming march. it's very difficult to find this brand in the philippines where i come from. i would appreciate any advise. thanks.

C. Robelli Guitars???

I'm just wondering if C. Robelli guitars are any good? One in particular is this W-4102EQ Acoustic/Electric.

Re: C. Robelli Guitars???

There GGGRRRREEEAAATTTT!

12 string guitars

Hello
I'm looking for a good budget 12 string guitar. Can anyone sugest some models and makes.

Re: 12 string guitars

Hi I have a 35 year old framus 12 string lovley old lady never gos out of tune and rings like a bell

Re: 12 string guitars

: Hello
: I'm looking for a good budget 12 string guitar. Can anyone sugest some models and makes.

I have found a 12-string guitar. It is a Rogue RD100 12 string Acoustic. For the natural color, it is only 129.99. The product number is: 519242. I found this guitar on musiciansfriend.com

fenderbassman + SWR Goliath

I have a bassman 350 4 ohm head (2 speaker ports), hooked up to a 4x10 8ohm 300W continuious wired parallel, Im thinking about getting a SWR Goliath 8ohm cab that is Series wired. Im pretty sure the watts and ohms will be ok, but, is it ok to hook up the series wired with a parallel rig? If so should I go from the head to the bassman cab, to the SWR, or use both ports on the head and go to each cab direct?
Jeremy R

Looking for ROCKMAN gear

I would like to buy the following Rockman items...

Rockman 500 Modular Amplifier Head
Rockman 500 Amplifier
Rockman Stack Speakers
Rockman Smart Gate
Rockman XPRa preamp
Rockman Tom Scholz Programmable Equalizer pge-2
Please email price and condition, thanks.

Anyone have info on my vintage ibanez??

i have an Ibanez model #693...it used to be my dads so i know its from the 70's...i was wondering if anyone had any info on what its worth nowadays. Its a dreadnought with a dove pickguard...natural color. thanks

Re: Anyone have info on my vintage ibanez??

: i have an Ibanez model #693...it used to be my dads so i know its from the 70's...i was wondering if anyone had any info on what its worth nowadays. Its a dreadnought with a dove pickguard...natural color. thanks

Try asking in the Acoustic section of the Ibanez Collectors World Discussion Board. The URL is:
www.ibanezcollectors.com/discuss

JohnS
ICW

: : i have an Ibanez model #693...it used to be my dads so i know its from the 70's...i was wondering if anyone had any info on what its worth nowadays. Its a dreadnought with a dove pickguard...natural color. thanks

: Try asking in the Acoustic section of the Ibanez Collectors World Discussion Board. The URL is:
: www.ibanezcollectors.com/discuss

: JohnS
: ICW

Go to VintageIbanez.com

Yea my mom has one. Im not shure on price but heres a sight that has some info about it. http://www.break-even.org/ibanez/1976/accu.htm
good luck

the ZOOM GFX8 or the DIGITECH RP2000 or the BOSS GT3 or the KORG AX1000G.

the ZOOM GFX8 or the DIGITECH RP2000 or the BOSS GT3 or the KORG AX1000G.

This popular thread has been given its own page : the ZOOM GFX8 or the DIGITECH RP2000 or the BOSS GT3 or the KORG AX1000G.

Blues partitures

i need blues partitures. i would prefer easy ones...
THANKS!!!!

partitures

i´ve got jazz partitures and classical, to exchange for BLUES PARTITURES

Re: partitures

I'd like to get some classical partitures ( especially Bach, Strauss, and Joaquin Rodrigo )

Thanks a lot

Hi, Have you got some partiture of the Peppers, Guns n´roses or Metallica?? Please, I need them and i can´t find nothing

I have the blues partitures... the real book of blues
e-mail me ... anthare@megared.net.mx

: i´ve got jazz partitures and classical, to exchange for BLUES PARTITURES

hello

hi i want a software to download hindi mp3 songs please can u mail me
i will be very grateful to u if u can mail me

KAHLER HELP

I am looking for a used Kahler Spyder Tremolo and/or parts for a Peavey Vandenberg Electric Guitar. Your help in finding these will be greatly appreciated.

metal amps

what would be the best amp for a metallica-like sound

Re: metal amps

Well there are several things to consider first. Like how much are you willing to spend, and how big of an amp do you want, need? But in general I would suggest a few things. First of all everyone right away is gonna say get a Marshall amp and they are great but you will need a good deal of $. I would suggest a Crate or a Line6. Crate offers some great amps like combo2x12 amps that I have played on that can give just about any sound. If you got the $ Line6 combo amps can give you exactly the sound you are looking for.

Crate are good amps but they still cost some $ too. I have heard many success stories of people getting a metallica sound from a squire 10W amp with the dist on 8 and the tone on 3

Well...if you want the exact Metallica sound buy a Mesa/boogie Triaxis preamp with a Mesa 2:90 poweramp....and there you are....thats Hetfields equipment! Cost: 5000$

Acords for Metallica

Please I wnt acords for Metallica`s songs!!!
Write me on diuretan@supersrbija.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.