Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: NEWBIE GUITAR

yeah strats rock but before you buy, check out:
Aria MAC Series or similiar- about £200 new. Great looking, nice playin, will last. Great if your'e a beginner- you won't need to upgrade to soon...
Tanglewood "basic" series- can't remember name- but about £130 new, v good value.
Fender Squire series- but i've heard horror stories, so beware!
Fender Telecasters- nice,
also Epiphone Gibson, about £160 used, loads of my buddies have these!
Burns Guitars- discontinued (?) but cheaper than Fenders (about £230 used) and almost as good looking?
You might want a small practise amp- about £35-£60 new.

What is this thing worth?! HEEEELP!!!

Hi there!
Found an add in a paper that mometarily caught my eye;
"1973' Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Cherry red sunburst.
100%original guitar! Top condition. incl. hardcase."
What is this guitar worth? Somwhere around 1500$? I've heard that the early deluxe models are far better than the new ones. Anybody know the exact differende?
Another thing, how can I check how old the guitar is?
Is'nt it possible to read from the serial number on the back of the head?

Appreciate any help!
Tom Espen, Norway

Re: What is this thing worth?! HEEEELP!!!

: Hi there!
: Found an add in a paper that mometarily caught my eye;
: "1973' Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Cherry red sunburst.
: 100%original guitar! Top condition. incl. hardcase."
: What is this guitar worth? Somwhere around 1500$? I've heard that the early deluxe models are far better than the new ones. Anybody know the exact differende?
: Another thing, how can I check how old the guitar is?
: Is'nt it possible to read from the serial number on the back of the head?

: Appreciate any help!
: Tom Espen, Norway

Gibson Les Paul Deluxe 1973 Cherry Sunburst serial number and pic

i need description and gibson serial number pic

My stereo adapter: 1/4" UUP 3 wire CAT. 2...

How will I have to rewire my stereo patch cord so I can use it to connect my Wah-Wah pedal to my Amplifier?
L Channel + Ground
fragment the R Channel?
(R/L Channel)Which one?

video and audio schools

I'm Still looking for a good video and audio guitar schools.
please help.

d string

I have a taylor koa 410ce limited ed. that keeps breaking D strings. I have checked out the nut and the bridge and i don't see anyhting that would cause it to the eye. any idea what I cound try to stop this?

Re: d string

PRAY!!

Recording Acoustic Guitar

I'm new to computer recording,having used a Fostex DMT-8, and recently the KORG D1600. Can I record acoustic guitar/vocals directly into my PC-I've S/blaster Live,Cakewalk Pro9 and Soundforge. And are my Shure SM57+58, plus AKG C1000 correct impedance to plug straight in?

blackness on strings

Alright, one thing that pisses me off is that black crud that forms on your strings after a while of playing. I know what causes it, but how can I get it off (I've already tried rubbing alcohol)?

Re: blackness on strings

Well, try scraping you pick up and down the string, plucking the string HARD, pulling straight out, otherwise, im not sure, but does it really matter?

Go with WD-40. Spray some on a clean rag, then hold the rag between your fingers and the string, just pinch/slide across the whole string from the bridge to the nut. Looking at the rag when your done will reveal several black "skid" marks. Your strings are now clean and will last longer.

Go with WD-40. Spray some on a clean rag, then hold the rag between your fingers and the string, just pinch/slide across the whole string from the bridge to the nut. Looking at the rag when your done will reveal several black "skid" marks. Your strings are now clean and will last longer.

Check out my guitar tips at:

http://members.home.net/wilkatguitars/

for advice on keeping your axe playing its' best, etc.

Later, Bill

TWITTDOCTOR OR Bob The Nob ???????????

he thinks he is good,but i am better, i challenge him to a music war, let him send an mp3 of his playing and i will, to some neutral party and let us see who is the best. Are you scared now titdoctor ?

Re: TWITTDOCTOR OR Bob The Nob ???????????

hehe sounds good fellaz
both send us some of yer shredding at lj_308@yahoo.com.au nd i will attempt to judge

Re: TWITTDOCTOR OR Bob The Nob ???????????

I wanna hear bob play to i bet he sucks ass!!
LOL

I NEED INFORMATION ABOUT THE 1989s ALVAREZ YAIRI DY 156 PB

i have a Alvarez yairi DY 156 PB guitar , made in 1989 , grey sunburst , and I would like to know more about it (price ,quality , if it is a good , bad guitar....) . Anybody knows where to find information about it?THANKS

Re: I NEED INFORMATION ABOUT THE 1989s ALVAREZ YAIRI DY 156 PB

: i have a Yairi DY 156 guitar , made in 1989 TOO, Though it's got brown sunburst , and a black body. And not Alvarez!
I reckon yours is a true K.Yairi as well. Mine plays like a dream and I cannot find any other details about it either. Seems like the K.Yairi factory takes a pride in not having any records of which guitars were made and when...

May take up bass

Hi folks. i have one general question. i may take up bass guitar. i have the hands for it (large ones) but i'm curious how log would it take to actually lear, i know pratice is involved but my question is how much?
Later

Re: May take up bass

Bass is kewl.
Very fun, and not hard.
Theres many, many styles of playing, and yeah...
If by how much you mean price?
$300+ for a GOOD bass, and dont buy a guitar amp, you need a specific bass amp, unless you like the smell of fried woofer in the morning

Re: May take up bass

Bass Guitar is an excellent instrament. How long it will take you to "learn" is a question of how you wanna play. A few months and you can be jammin' if you wanna be a kick ass punk guitarist. 95% of that style of playing is agressiveness. Then again, it may take a little longer to learn if you want to be a smooth, swinging, fre form jazz bassist. Of utmosyt importance, regaurdless, is to be perserverant. Don't quit, or you will never reach your full potential. the first follow up was good advice on gear. Whatever you do, dont buy a guitar madew by rougue. . .lol

Wanna learn techniques

ok, can anyone tell me what stop-picking is, and
can anyone tell me a good website for learning different guitar playing techniques

CUSTOM GUITARS IN AUSTRALIA

Hi I make custom guitars in Australia if there are any players out there who have been searching for the guitar of their dreams i can make it. I'm looking for new challenges and am not incredibly expensive E-mail me if you would like to see some of my original designs i have already made.
fishy@intercoast.com.au

GT-3

How much will it cost me to get a second hand GT-3?

Best price on Marshall DSL401

Hi guys,
Does anyone know where I can get this baby (new) for cheap? Thanks in advance.
Norm

Free Jazz

Anyone in N.Z. into free jazz/ experimental music? hi.
Henry.

Fretlight Teaching Guitar

I know these are not made any more. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one?

Re: Fretlight Teaching Guitar

I know how you feel mate im loking for one to.
Have you found any were to get one ?

: I know these are not made any more. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one?

: I have one - the wife wants me to sell. let me know if you are interested for details.

please see our website for updated information!

www.optekmusic.com

I to am looking to buy a fretlight guitar anyone got one for sale?

This is great for everybody. it sets thing up where you just have to look at the guitar and close your eyes
to check how youve done

This is great for everybody. it sets thing up where you just have to look at the guitar and close your eyes
to check how youve done

humbucker

Ok, what does a humbucker actually do? Does it make a fatter tone or something?

Re: humbucker

: Ok, what does a humbucker actually do? Does it make a fatter tone or something?

yes

boss dm-2 delay

I NEED ONE OF THESE PRONTO, IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE EMAIL ME
IN THE COLD CANADIAN WINTER

boss dm-2 delay

boss dm-2 delay

butterfly guitar

Hey, i saw a guitar (probably an Epiphone E-02) at a guitar store and now i can't find it anywhere. It is an acousitc-electric and it has a butterfly below the strings, a crecsent moon with a star on the headstock, and i think vines in the fretboard. I have been looking for this guitar for over a year and it is seeming to be impossible. If anyone knows where one is please e-mail me. Thanx

Re: butterfly guitar

Hey Whitney - did you ever find that guitar? I just saw one on ebay (it just sold) and was looking for one as well.

: Hey, i saw a guitar (probably an Epiphone E-02) at a guitar store and now i can't find it anywhere. It is an acousitc-electric and it has a butterfly below the strings, a crecsent moon with a star on the headstock, and i think vines in the fretboard. I have been looking for this guitar for over a year and it is seeming to be impossible. If anyone knows where one is please e-mail me. Thanx

:
I own the epiphone you described. If still interested how much do you want to pay?

: Hey, i saw a guitar (probably an Epiphone E-02) at a guitar store and now i can't find it anywhere. It is an acousitc-electric and it has a butterfly below the strings, a crecsent moon with a star on the headstock, and i think vines in the fretboard. I have been looking for this guitar for over a year and it is seeming to be impossible. If anyone knows where one is please e-mail me. Thanx

It does not have vines on the neck. That would be too tacky. I have one, not for sale i am sorry to say but i think that they are such nice guitars that nobody would ever sell one. Not for less than a heck of a lot of money anyway.
Sorry i cant help.

Wanted B.C. Rich Bich, and Mockingbird supremems.

I will consider deluxe and NJ models also.

Please email me with info.

Thanks

Cases For DeArmond X155 Hollow Body

Looking For Case To Fit Hollow Body Guitar. Any Suggestions Where To Look...besides Fender?
Thanks Mike Peal

I need a cheap bass guitar and amp

I need a cheap bass guitar and amp. E-mail me if you have any sugestions

Re: I need a cheap bass amp

: I need a cheap bass amp. E-mail me if you have any sugestions

Re: I need a cheap 300 watt bass cabinet with head

: I need a cheap 300 watt bass cabinet. E-mail me if you have any sugestions

Re: I need a cheap bass guitar and amp

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

GET YOUR GUITAR CUSTOM PAINTED!!

GET YOUR GUITAR CUSTOM PAINTED!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : GET YOUR GUITAR CUSTOM PAINTED!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.