Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Alan Williamson & Bob the Nob ended this message board

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

Thanks to the stellar revelations provided on this site by people like Alan Williamson and Bob the Nob, it is clear that there is no need for a Message Board on this site. We can all be grateful that people like these two individuals have provided such insight that we no longer need a Message Board to ask and answer questions. They have said everything that can be said.

good bye!

I'm glad this message board is being shut down. Nobody takes it seriously anyway. Most peolpe seem to just be coming on here and writing profanity. I tried numerous times to get information and all the replys were about my mother or some stupid teenage sexual comment.

: Thanks to the stellar revelations provided on this site by people like Alan Williamson and Bob the Nob, it is clear that there is no need for a Message Board on this site. We can all be grateful that people like these two individuals have provided such insight that we no longer need a Message Board to ask and answer questions. They have said everything that can be said.

Intonation

I resuntly achoired a 1950 Fender Brordcastar from a big shop but have a problum gretting the intonation spot on, Any help would be much liked.

Indie musicians deserve promotion

www.scoutinternational.com is a new resource for unsigned/undiscovered musicians to show off their talent. The most artistic/graphical site out there for musicians. You want to get your music in front of A&R reps? That's what this biz is all about.

I'm a pervert

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am a closet pervert.

we already knew

: Just wanted to let everyone know that I am a closet pervert.

really worth a visit: http://www.kle.it/english/index.html

here's a really interesting webmagazine

I need some advice

i'm getting ready to buy an acoustic amp. It will the ca 30 crate or the fender acoustisonic 30. Which is the best sounding? Don't want anything bigger.

Re: I need some advice

Only you can decide what sounds best to you. I have played thru several electric crate amps. They are not to bad. Play them side by side with YOUR guitar to make a decision if possible.

Re: I need some advice

IM2, if thats your real name, do you work in a guitar shop, or better still, wish you worked for a guitar magazine, your comments are about as much use as used toilet paper

Need Help On Electric Guitar

Ok, im completely new at the guitar, and ive been taken lessons a few months now, but i need some help here. WHat is "Hammering" and "pull-offs" when playing a guitar? And how do i tune my guitar One half step down? Id definatly appreciate some help!

Re: Need Help On Electric Guitar

Hammer-ons and pull-offs is a technique using your fretting hand. to hammer-on a note: fret a note with your pointer finger (picking as usual) and while the note
is still ringing hammer-on another fret with your ring finger (do not pick).

To pull off perform te above in reverse. Pick a note with your ring finger and pull off the string
with the fleshy tip of your finger while fretting another note on the same string with your pointer.

This technique is better when you have built up a calous on your finger tip. Ask your teacher to show you.

As far as tuning down 1/2 step. This is equivalent to tuning your guitar one fret value lower. E flat, A flat, d Flat, G flat, B flat, E flat (low to high).
You can get a tuner that has the option of flat tuning. Or you can do it by ear. Have your instructor show you this too.

Good luck

Thanx a real lot Im2. I'll definatly keep this info in mind for when im ready, because i think i have a lot to learn, but thanx for giving me a little more knowledge on what im doing =)

lm2 has it right, but I was wondering, if you are a beginner, why do you want to know how to tune down a 1/2 step? I only do this with my 12 string to keep less tension on the neck. Just wondering.

OK, i wanted to know how to tune a 1/2step down because i pulled a tab up for "Right NOw" by SR-71, and it specifies to tune the guitar a 1/2 step down. I guess im getting too advanced to early, huh? Ive only been taking lessons for like 4-5months now, but i definatly will listen to ur advice! Thanks! =)

help tell me 6th is low e 5th nad the rest wanna tune to paino thank u

i know why u need to tune down

when u tune down u get a more bass sound out of your music

: Ok, im completely new at the guitar, and ive been taken lessons a few months now, but i need some help here. WHat is "Hammering" and "pull-offs" when playing a guitar? And how do i tune my guitar One half step down? Id definatly appreciate some help!

: My suggestion to ya is this: DON'T concern yourself with those "gimicks." YET. You have SO MUCH to learn,your time would be MUCH better spent practicing what your teacher wants you to learn. Tell him to show you some open chord scales. Practice them until you are DREAMING about playing those scales. That's when YOU'LL know you are practicing enough,depending on your goal.

Thanks very much, illd efinatly get some major practicing in =)

Don't let Bob piss you off

Don't let anonymous shit stirrers like bob ruin your day. He is one of the many idiots that the nameless/faceless internet has unleashed. He is the guy in the music store who sits there and plays every Bush, Offspring, Creed (place trendy band name here)song that he knows. Maybe one of his powerful solos will cause an amp or guitar rack to fall and crush his godlike playing hand. Chances are he'd miss that hand for other "solos" he plays in his room.

Re: Don't let Bob piss you off

frank, you are crap. i would love to cut heads with you and piss you off with how good i am, but you are obviously inferior to me ps. you are probably a nice person, but you dont have a sense of humour, and you are still crap

: Okay, we can cut heads and you can be Ralph Macchio and I'll be Steve Vai. Call up the devil and let's get it on! But if you lift your leg into the crane position, expect a Les Paul to the skull.
No sense of humor...

Yo Bob,

Shower, shave, get a job, try and find a woman.....get a life. Get well soon.

I agree, but consider this. Bob is not a musician at all. He just gets his jollies from pretending he is and screwing up other peoples fun. Don't worry, he will get bored soon and go somewhere else. Just hang in there and don't reply to any more of his or his cronies attemt at witticisms. ( like I just did, sorry)
(did I spell that right?)

DO UOY SUFREF FORM DYSLEXAI

So much talk about this idiot, so little guitar!

dave love's manhood

i had a date with "dave love" and its true, he really has a weapon like a thermos flask. i was a bit worried about the detachable cups on the end though!!!!!!!

you all want to be "me"

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: you all want to be "me"

We like this site boring. By the way Bob, how do you tune to an open G on an acoustic. What are the notes ?
Oh, and what does scalloped bracing refer to ?

Now you're getting it.

Of course I meant GM if I meant something else I would have said so. And NO I didn't say scalloped fretboard, I said scalloped bracing. C'mon Bob, get with the program. I am a beginner looking for information. Thanks for trying

Dave Love & Friends

Its obvious that Dave Love, Rikki Romance, Bob The Nob, Mong, Jimmi, are all from server near me. Please excuse these tossers as other people off this server are getting a bad name.

Playing with myself

I've recently bought a digital home recording studio and have been playing both rhythm and lead guitar parts
on each song. Of course it's a lot of fun, but I have come to realize that this method will stunt my musical growth somewhat as I have no-one to interface with or learn from. I do play out on occassion, but does anyone know of any method that encourages expression
and increases skill other than playing along to CD's
or working out tabs ?
PS: speaking of playing with myself, I'm not really anti Bob-the-Nob but aren't we supposed to be talking about music ?

Re: Playing with myself

: I've recently bought a digital home recording studio and have been playing both rhythm and lead guitar parts
: on each song. Of course it's a lot of fun, but I have come to realize that this method will stunt my musical growth somewhat as I have no-one to interface with or learn from. I do play out on occassion, but does anyone know of any method that encourages expression
: and increases skill other than playing along to CD's
: or working out tabs ?
: PS: speaking of playing with myself, I'm not really anti Bob-the-Nob but aren't we supposed to be talking about music ?

You need to be playing with other people - its the only way! Scary at first but so much fun once you get into it. Give it a go, good luck and have fun.

How do I get that "crazy train" sound?

How do I get that "crazy train" sound?

This popular thread has been given its own page : How do I get that "crazy train" sound?

tab of ghostbusters theme

Anyone got tab for the theme to Ghostbusters - that would go off on electric guitar. If you have, email me. Cheers.

Re: tab of ghostbusters theme

GET A LIFE U FUCKING ARSE BASHER

That's alright man, Bustin Makes me feel good!

: Anyone got tab for the theme to Ghostbusters - that would go off on electric guitar. If you have, email me.
or any sax If you have, email me. Thanx

i would like this song to do a punk cover if anyone has it please e-mail it to me thanx.

dude me first and the gimme gimmes have done a great version of this song

computer recording questions

thinking about going to computer recording and would like to hear from others who have. would like input as to what is needed and works. play accoustic 6 and 12 string fingerstyle, with altered tunings and standard with some vocals. probably wouldn't need more than four tracks with very minimal effects, i.e. reverb, chorus. just need some pointers as to where to look and what to look at. thanks, whimsmith

Re: computer recording questions

I USE A COMPUTER WITH A 233 CHIP(ITS QUITE OLD) BUT HAVE INSTALLED A128 MEGS OF RAM (THE MORE TRACKS THE MORE RAM, APPARENTLY) I RUN COOL EDIT PRO, WHICH IS I COMPLETE RECORDING STUDIO,WITH EFFECTS ETC.I USE A 4 CHANNEL MIXER INTO THE SOUND CARD(CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER AWE 64) WHICH IS MORE THAN ENOUGH,YOU SAY THAT YOU WANT TO RECORD ACOUSTIC GUITAR, WELL YOU NEED A GOOD MIKE,A SURE SM 57 OR 58 WILL BE FINE,ALTHOUGH THERE ARE CHEAPER COPIES OUT THERE WHICH ARE QUITE GOOD. HONESTLEY ITS GREAT RECORDING ON COMPUTER AS THE EDING AN EFFECTS ARE ALL GOOD QUALITY. IVE RECORDED WITH OUR BAND IN A STUDIO, AND HAVE HAD BETTER RESULTS AT HOME(YOU HAVE MORE TIME ETC). ANYWAY, I HOPE THAT I HAVE BEEN OF SOME HELP. IF I CAN HELP IN ANY WAY E-MAIL ME, OR IF ANYBODY CAN HELP WITH MY RECORDING TECHNIQUES LET ME KNOW. CHEERS. TOM

Re: computer recording questions

I got an audiowerks 2 package thing and its great. its about $500 aus, but u'll also be better off getting a lil 2 or 4 channel mixer worth about 250 aus. it u can't get the mixer, u can use a cd player with a karaoke input, but the mixer is certainly a better option. i've got a pentium something and its like 600hz or whatever, it handels it pretty well. if u can, cut down on the number of little things/programs u have running in that lower right hand corner, cause they can make it slow down n crash. also, get something with about 10g's of space, cause them wav files get miiiiiiiiighty large
: )

good luck, email me if u wanna know anything else

Why do i need the mixer for? wat sound card r u using?do i need to get a really good sound card like

i always want to get completed set of home pc recording's equipment, pls help.thanks!

Re: Why do i need the mixer for? wat sound card r u using?do i need to get a really good sound card

: i always want to get completed set of home pc recording's equipment, pls help.thanks!

i can sell you the recording software if your interested.

Re: Why do i need the mixer for? wat sound card r u using?do i need to get a really good sound card

: i always want to get completed set of home pc recording's equipment, pls help.thanks!

computerpizza@excite.com
logicaudio
wavelab
cool edit pro
cubase
plugins for all
to much to mention
contact me for a cd (about $7000 in software) $100 bucks

i can make you a cd with about $7000 in software for $100 bucks cubase,wavelab,logic audio,cool edit pro,ect... plus plugins for all _contact me at_
computerpizza@excite.com

"Audition Guitar": 3 thin (P90?) 1/2" thick humbuckers, 4 rocker switches. Anybody help?

the guitar has 4 rocker switches, one for each pickup and one for a "rhythm or solo" thingy. 21 frets. Sunbursty look. One volume, one tone. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?

The wondering is killing me.

Re: "Audition Guitar": 3 thin (P90?) 1/2" thick humbuckers, 4 rocker switches. Anybody help?

STICK IT UP YOUR ARSE U FUCK WITT

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.