Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Bass guitars

I am extreamly interested in learning how to play the bass guitar. I was wondering what kind of set up would be recomended for a beginner. I was also wondering if anyone knew anygthing about the Jay Tursersr Scarabe'bass,like if was a pice of junk, or a nice pice of equiptment. Thank you

Mesa Rect-O-Verb Vs. Nomad

Mesa Rect-O-Verb Vs. Nomad

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mesa Rect-O-Verb Vs. Nomad

Beginner Bassist

I was wondering what kind of bass\amp a pro\expirienced bassist would recomend for a beginner who has never played one before.

Re: Beginner Bassist

: I was wondering what kind of bass\amp a pro\expirienced bassist would recomend for a beginner who has never played one before.

If you get a good bass you can always use it. I would recommend a Fender style bass, sometimes you can find a good Mexican Fender Jazz if you look hard, app. $300
For an amp Fronyman 15 is great I use one for practice.
Very inexpensive $125.00. Just get something playable and Practice!!

pedals

I've been playing guitar for a couple years now and I want to get better at my soloing. I was wondering if there was a pedal out there that will play back something that I play so that I can solo to it? Is that what a danelectro cool cat chorus pedal is?

Re: pedals

nah for what u r lookin for get a chorum pedal

Get a cheap multi tracker then you can work on making your own songs,playback over them or whetever you want. but if you want a pedal any old sampler will do.
I have an old DigTech 1002 that will make a 2 sec sample I can Jam over not that 2sec is good. but I love my Fostex "got it for $100"

: I've been playing guitar for a couple years now and I want to get better at my soloing. I was wondering if there was a pedal out there that will play back something that I play so that I can solo to it? Is that what a danelectro cool cat chorus pedal is?
Check out the Boss JS5 or the Boss DR5 & you will be able to solo until you butt falls off. They both cost around $400.

GUITAR 4 SALE

hey everone i am selling a guiatr

if anyone here is from guitartabs.cc before dat moron rob shut it down feel free to say hi

Re: GUITAR 4 SALE

Hi!

-Rob
http://www.getinyourcrib.com

looking for guitar

: hey everone i am selling a guiatr

:
: if anyone here is from guitartabs.cc before dat moron rob shut it down feel free to say hi

who is ur favorite guitarsite.com member???????

weeeeeelllllllllllllllll
who is it???????????
whos kewl and whos not round hear??????

were is everoone??????

huh

Re: were is everoone??????

Sorry, I was screwing my dog.

-Rob

Crazy Anus

Well, Crazy Anus is no longer allowed on my web site so I pointed him in the right direction. Have fun!

-Rob

Re: Crazy Anus

ha hey dude im here to

Re: Crazy Anus

Ah, yes, Metalhead5447. I remember you, too. I was just about to send you an e-mail but I see Crazy Anus told you first.

-Rob

EVERYONE VISIT MY WEB SITE! (NOT SPAM)

GO GO GO !!!!!! VISIT MY WEB SITE! WWW.GETINYOURCRIB.COM

NOT SPAM (WWW.GETINYOURCRIB.COM) !!!!!!

-Rob
WWW.GETINYOURCRIB.COM

Re: EVERYONE VISIT MY WEB SITE! (NOT SPAM)

calm down robby
dont u got a wbesite to run?????

Re: EVERYONE VISIT MY WEB SITE! (NOT SPAM)

hey Rob...what happened to the forum? when will it be up again?

Help!

I recently got an early 60's Hofner "Flamenco" Spanish guitar, and was wondering how much it might be worth. It is in fair condition, and all original. Please e-mail if you have any info on this guitar. Thanks.

Re: Help! - no answer here :)

hi Matthew, I read your post and I am in the same situation... or nearly. someone is selling me one for about 70 pounds sterling. I was just trying to find out the value... the 'delux' model the vienna goes for around 200-250 i think, but I am still not sure how much a flamenco is worth. have you had any definite answers? let me know if you found out. By the way, so you enjoy playing the hofner, what do you think of it?

thanks Panos

Guitar effects processors vs Boss pedals

I'm in a quandry, whether to buy a digital effects processor or individual Boss pedals. The effects
processors cost less than say the five Boss pedals I have picked out but I don't want all the
bells and whistles that come with them.
I have a couple of Boss pedals now and I am happy with them. They are the analog CE2 chorus
and the RV3. I also have an MXR Phase 90 and
a Pro Co Vintage Rat.
Is their an effects processor out there that can do
what the pedals can, that sounds as good and doesn't have a hundred features that I may never
use? Any advice will be appreciated. I sort of like the processor idea... everything in a neat package.
I just need some experienced advice. Thanks!
John

Re: Guitar effects processors vs Boss pedals

Difficult one this. I have been down both roads and come out in the same place. If you are getting the sounds you like out of what you've got then the old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" But knowing that guitarists are always striving for "that sound" we will never be satisfied. Boss stuff is very good so unless you've got a lot of money to throw around I would stick with that. The Proco Rat is also superb and I have never been able to get that sound on a rack system.

I'm in a quandry, whether to buy a digital effects processor or individual Boss pedals. The effects
: processors cost less than say the five Boss pedals I have picked out but I don't want all the
: bells and whistles that come with them.
: I have a couple of Boss pedals now and I am happy with them. They are the analog CE2 chorus
: and the RV3. I also have an MXR Phase 90 and
: a Pro Co Vintage Rat.
: Is their an effects processor out there that can do
: what the pedals can, that sounds as good and doesn't have a hundred features that I may never
: use? Any advice will be appreciated. I sort of like the processor idea... everything in a neat package.
: I just need some experienced advice. Thanks!
: John

I know this is old news but I just saw the question on a search for boss pedals. I have had two zooms the 505 and the GFX-707 and I really liked them especially the 707 with the effects/volume pedal. However, I found that I was only using about six different settings and did not need the other 54 settings. In addition the sound quality was not quite there for me, especially the distortions (they were digital). I know some of the boss multi effects have analog distortion and that would be better. I have sold the zooms and now use boss pedals. I have had many comments that my guitar work sounds better now. I know that I am not doing too much more musically, so I think the pedals are sounding better with my set-up than the zooms sounded. The only thing I might add is a cry baby wah. Good luck with you decision.
: Difficult one this. I have been down both roads and come out in the same place. If you are getting the sounds you like out of what you've got then the old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" But knowing that guitarists are always striving for "that sound" we will never be satisfied. Boss stuff is very good so unless you've got a lot of money to throw around I would stick with that. The Proco Rat is also superb and I have never been able to get that sound on a rack system.

:
: I'm in a quandry, whether to buy a digital effects processor or individual Boss pedals. The effects
: : processors cost less than say the five Boss pedals I have picked out but I don't want all the
: : bells and whistles that come with them.
: : I have a couple of Boss pedals now and I am happy with them. They are the analog CE2 chorus
: : and the RV3. I also have an MXR Phase 90 and
: : a Pro Co Vintage Rat.
: : Is their an effects processor out there that can do
: : what the pedals can, that sounds as good and doesn't have a hundred features that I may never
: : use? Any advice will be appreciated. I sort of like the processor idea... everything in a neat package.
: : I just need some experienced advice. Thanks!
: : John

lollies

I went with the multi-effects over my Boss pedals only because ease of use. I don't have to connect several pedals together. More cords can = more noise. And I can program the exact sounds I want(and lots of them) for certain songs. I thought about selling my Boss pedals, but I'm going to keep them just in case my multi-effects unit breaks, gets dropped etc. Good luck

: I'm in a quandry, whether to buy a digital effects processor or individual Boss pedals. The effects
: processors cost less than say the five Boss pedals I have picked out but I don't want all the
: bells and whistles that come with them.
: I have a couple of Boss pedals now and I am happy with them. They are the analog CE2 chorus
: and the RV3. I also have an MXR Phase 90 and
: a Pro Co Vintage Rat.
: Is their an effects processor out there that can do
: what the pedals can, that sounds as good and doesn't have a hundred features that I may never
: use? Any advice will be appreciated. I sort of like the processor idea... everything in a neat package.
: I just need some experienced advice. Thanks!
: John

fuckin die little bitch!

TAMA Acoustic guitars

TAMA Acoustic guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : TAMA Acoustic guitars

check out...

hey metalheads, check out bleedingmetal.com's forum...hey crazy anus, maybe you can do more damage in that forum...later...

1934 SSStewart Guitar any body know what it's worth

I own a 1934 ssstewart guitar. it is in excellent shape
no cracks and very few scratches. it is black to brown
sunburst. I would like to know what it's worth, not
that I would ever sell it though!

Re: 1934 SSStewart Guitar any body know what it's worth

my grandfather just passed an ss stewart down to me. model # 7004 serial #2500. do you know anything about this guitar? it has f-holes instead of one sound hole. i don't even know what year it is from... please help

thanks, andy
: I own a 1934 ssstewart guitar. it is in excellent shape
: no cracks and very few scratches. it is black to brown
: sunburst. I would like to know what it's worth, not
: that I would ever sell it though!

Ovation Guitar

I have a mid to late 1970 ovation guitar it is in MINT condition Been played less than three times my uncle bought it new and soon after passed away. It has a plastic curved back and gold tuners. I know nothing about guitars and was courious about its worth also have case. It has been sitting for over twenty years in its case.

Baldwin Electric Guitar

Baldwin Electric Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Baldwin Electric Guitar

Great New Collectors Guitar Stand

Looking for a great way to showcase your collection? Take a look at these...www.guitar-stands.com
I'll answer any questions you have!! Thanks, Amy

Floyd rose + maple top (help needed)

can any one teach me how to set up a floyd rose? Also, how to define wheither it is a AAA figured top or not? Wat's a flame top?

boss gt-5

if anybody wants to sell an instructional video for
the boss gt-5...i'm willing to buy

email me
miguel

Takamine F349

Does anyone know if this model has a solid or laminated top and what kind of wood the top is made of?

Thank you,

Patrick Gannon

how to make a Gibson nighthawk sounds heavy metal

I have bought a Gibson Nighthawk custom which is a very good guitar, u can get lots of good tones....but it sounds werid with the metal patches on muti-fx and even on the boss metal zone.....can any one help? Will it be a good idea to change pickups?

Someone in Mexico City , that wants to play?

hi o live in mexico city AND I BEEN PLAYING FOR 8 MONTHS AND IM LOOKING FOR A BAND , OR JUST ONE GUY THAT WANTS TO PLAY.... WRITE

Re: Someone in Mexico City , that wants to play?

Hola te dejo mi mail pa que me escribas, llevo tocando la guitarra por 2 años y me gustaria tocar , Que tipo de musica te gusta?

Wanted: Used Ibanez ATK300

Hi, I like slapping style playing. I was told that this ATK300 is very nice instrument. Does anyone want to sell? I hope to get one 'around' 300-350 bucks. The cheaper, the better but I will have only one bass so, I will invest.

Re: Wanted: Used Ibanez ATK300

i have one i am considering selling. e-mail me if you are still interested

: Hi, I like slapping style playing. I was told that this ATK300 is very nice instrument. Does anyone want to sell? I hope to get one 'around' 300-350 bucks. The cheaper, the better but I will have only one bass so, I will invest.

help with fender sound

I have fender strat guitars, two fender 65 deluxe amps, but i can't seem to nail that fat fender sound, i'm looking for something like Kenny Wayne Shepherd /DaJaVoodoo, can anyone help?

Re: help with fender sound

: I have fender strat guitars, two fender 65 deluxe amps, but i can't seem to nail that fat fender sound, i'm looking for something like Kenny Wayne Shepherd /DaJaVoodoo, can anyone help?
Hello, I'm not sure if this will help any but, 1st I can't help much with the amp sound but most
of the blues cats used a heavy gauge string (starting with a 12 or 13 for the high E), This
is one reason most of these guys got that rich sound. Plus I believe most of the time they
played using the neck pickup. Sorry I can't help any further... Take Care

Peavey Supreme 100 watt Half Stack

Peavey Supreme 100 watt Half Stack

This popular thread has been given its own page : Peavey Supreme 100 watt Half Stack

what the...

i have a fender acoustic, Model f-200. i bought it used in 1993. the serial # is 0303768. how old is it?

Re: what the...

made between 1982 and 1988. I used to own one. Bought it new in '87. Too bad it was stolen. You wouldn't want to sell yours would you? :o)

: i have a fender acoustic, Model f-200. i bought it used in 1993. the serial # is 0303768. how old is it?

Re: what the...

: i have a fender acoustic, Model f-200. i bought it used today. Serial #. 0307164. did anyone ever email you back? i'm curious, too.

thanks!
Ana

sessionguitarman.com

Has anyone toured my site & how do you think I could improve it?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.