Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

He thinks he´s Rambo !!!

: I just read an interview with him today. He was bashing Ted Nugent, SRV, Aerosmith, and many others. I smell jealousy. I like your work Frank, but nobody wants to hear the rant of a bitter old man. He spends most of the interview bitching about being compared to Hendrix. I will never buy another Frank Marino cd.

Re: Who the hell does Frank Marino think he is?

Franks cool, he has the write to get bitter he stuck playin these shity little gigs at beer pubs when he's such a great player. The dude ROCKS

: I just read an interview with him today. He was bashing Ted Nugent, SRV, Aerosmith, and many others. I smell jealousy. I like your work Frank, but nobody wants to hear the rant of a bitter old man. He spends most of the interview bitching about being compared to Hendrix. I will never buy another Frank Marino cd.

Franks Musicanship is unmatched in many ways. But we the fans cant live off reclcled old albums. He was blackballed and most persons never heard of him, but all gutiarist know of him he is a guitarist guitarist but yes quit the interviews and 25 yeary old stories pick up the guitar and talk.this waiting waiting for music is sad just play and get it out to people they will do the rest frank talks about/// play about it thats what your loved for

wah wah sounds

I have an orignaly dunlop crybaby but I can't seem to get a strong wah sound. I want a sound close to that which Kirk Hammet uses because I play a lot of MetallicA. Can anyone help?!

Re: wah wah sounds

Ya, I have the same problem. The sound is terrible, I don't know why. I suppose Steve Vai, Joe Satriani a many others use Dunlop Crybaby Wah Wah and their sound is very good. How is it possible? Maybe there are more models under this brand?!?

I use a Dunlop Crybaby and have had not problems. Sometimes weak wah can be a problem with the innards of the pedal itself. The Wah effect works on a Potentiometer, which is adjusted by your foot as it moves up and down on the pedal. The Potentiometer or "pot" adjusts your signal alternately filtering out high range and low range frequencies, depending on your foot position. Sometimes it's efficacy is limited when used through an effect loop, you may want to try running it direct (from your guitar, to pedal, to input on amp.) You may also want to try taking it to your local guitar shop and having them check the "pot" and see if it is working properly. If the "pot" is fried, that will cause your poor wah. You may also consider changing the battery. These pedals use pretty serious juice, and will remain "on" if there is a cable left in the input (and sometimes the output) jacks. A weak battery will also cause these problems.

: Ya, I have the same problem. The sound is terrible, I don't know why. I suppose Steve Vai, Joe Satriani a many others use Dunlop Crybaby Wah Wah and their sound is very good. How is it possible? Maybe there are more models under this brand?!?

Try next: cable from guitar to distortion to wah to amp. don't set distortion for too high output level
since wah may sound too muddy.. (this method is opposite to normal, but more effective since you
can modulate already distorted signal which contains much harmonics)

HAMER GUITAR

HAMER GUITAR

This popular thread has been given its own page : HAMER GUITAR

expression pedals

i bought a zoom FP02 expression pedal and hooked it up to my zoom modulator pedal. The problem is I'm using it with with decks for scratching and stuff. I play a little bit of guitar and understand how it works. Can anyone please give me some tips on how they use an expression pedal cause I don't really know where to start. Don't be put off if you don't know much about scratching 'cause the princible is the same as playing riffs. I fany one can help I would really appreciate it. Cheers, Ben.

Re: expression pedals

I had one and I used it with a 2100 . The one you have is a 507 ? In the 2100 , I just plugged the exp. pedal and it began to work .

difference between Yamaha apx4 and apx4a electro acoustic

difference between Yamaha apx4 and apx4a electro acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : difference between Yamaha apx4 and apx4a electro acoustic

Kay jumbo flat top professional with cutaway

Kay jumbo flat top professional with cutaway

This popular thread has been given its own page : Kay jumbo flat top professional with cutaway

GFX707:patch:"One of us"

please if anybody have the patch for gfx707 for the song from Joan Osborne send it on:dan@wo.cz
Thank you!!!

Guitar identification

I have a Aria Solid body black electrict guitar 2 pick ups, gold hardware, no serial number, 2 volum controls and 2 tone controls plus a 3 Position tone switch.
Can anyone tell me what year it was made and if its has any value?
rjmedeiros@netzero.net

Re: Guitar identification

Funny , cos my friend has the same guitar , with 3 humbs .... and doesn´t know its number and model .

: Hi my name is evan and one of my teachers found a guitar and I know a lot about guitars but I have no idea what it is it looks identical to a gibson SG butt on the area were the co. emblum would go all there is, is a small white butterfly in-lay if you have any Idea about what this cold be just let me know thanks

I have a finder strat the first letter of the serial number is E can anyone tell me anything about where and when i t was made

: i have a harmony electric guitar that has a strat shape but dose not have the plug for the amp cord in the front like other strat copies and has no pickguard.
please email me with any info on the model.

: I have a Aria Solid body black electrict guitar 2 pick ups, gold hardware, no serial number, 2 volum controls and 2 tone controls plus a 3 Position tone switch.
: Can anyone tell me what year it was made and if its has any value?
: rjmedeiros@netzero.net

I bought one of those brand new in Okinawa Japan in 1983. I sold it around 1990 and regret doing so. It was an Aria Pro II

Austin and era standard?

Hey,anyone can tell me about Austin and era standard?

Re: Austin and era standard?

They're really cheap, strat spin-offs. The Era Standard that is. My friend has one, it's alright. There are more descent cheap guitars like from Ibanez and Squier (Owned by Fender). www.austingtr.com

Austin and era standard?

Hey,anyone can tell me about Austin and era standard?

anyone have a tab for great white buffalo by nuget ???

anyone have a tab for great white buffalo by nuget ???

Mako guitars

Mako guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mako guitars

HELP!

hey... i recently got an Epiphone guitar and i really want to know more about it!
it is a les paul model (limited edition) and the number thingo on the back of the head reads: 'F6110090'
help me out??
(it is similar to a gold top- but sparkly)

Strella classical guitar

Strella classical guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Strella classical guitar

RE: Zoom 505II

Does anybody know anygood web pages to get custom
sounds for the Zoom 505II pedal? i can't find them
anywere and its really starting to piss me off so if
anyone knows please help me out and send the page
adresses my way! Thanx!

Re: RE: Zoom 505II

Check

www.zoom505.cjb.net

Its written in portuguese , but you´ll have no probs . Enter the menu , and then , patches .

Re: RE: Zoom 505II

Check

www.zoom505.cjb.net

Its written in portuguese , but you´ll have no probs . Enter the menu , and then , patches .

vester acoustic

can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great

Re: vester acoustic

: can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great

I have a Vester shallow body acoustic. it is a great stage guitar. I paid $600.00 CDn for it used. It's worth between 700-800 new. They're great. The electonics are well put together with a nice EQ and it is very comfortable to play. It's similar to a Tak shallow body. Plays nice, I recommend gettin' one.
Cheers,
Grant

: can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great

Vester acoustic: looks and sounds similar to present day Godin semi-acoustic. Pickup in bridge. Company went bankrupt I believe.
I own a Vester. Good guitar.

: : can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great

: Vester acoustic: looks and sounds similar to present day Godin semi-acoustic. Pickup in bridge. Company went bankrupt I believe.
: I own a Vester. Good guitar.

i have a vester if you would like i can e-mail you a pic but i have know idea what it is worth and would love to know if any one can help

: : : can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great

: : Vester acoustic: looks and sounds similar to present day Godin semi-acoustic. Pickup in bridge. Company went bankrupt I believe.
: : I own a Vester. Good guitar.

:
: i have a vester if you would like i can e-mail you a pic but i have know idea what it is worth and would love to know if any one can help

i have a vester acoustic, model vj548. it seems to be a copy of an irish lowden from what i can gather. its a great guitar, sounds and plays perfect. ive yet to see another one anywhere so i'd love some info on it, ive owned it for about 5 years and bought it second hand.i never leave home without it, it has the best kneck ever!

HELLO I HAVE HAD A VESTER GUITAR FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS.
I CAN NOT SAY ONE THING BAD ABOUT IT,IT SOUNDS GOOD AND IS VERY EASY TO NOTE . I REALLY LIKE THE NECK ON IT QUITE SMALL AND COMFORTABLE.

my boyfriend has one. I can get you a picture and info if you would like??

Marshall jcm

What´s the best one ? 800 , 900 , 2000 ?

Re: Marshall jcm

I personaly think the JCM 800 SMOKES!! It's overdrive is legendary,probably because of it's simple design.The JMC 900's aren't bad though.

Kay Guitar

My father gave me a guitar that i have no info on..it looks like it has a "SR" in a circle on the head of the guitar... the only info i have is in the inside of the guitar which says5-68-MI and then made in the usa. could anyone tell me anything about this guitar????

Re: Kay Guitar

Check out this site, it might help: www.provide.net/~cfh/other.html
-VJ
: My father gave me a guitar that i have no info on..it looks like it has a "SR" in a circle on the head of the guitar... the only info i have is in the inside of the guitar which says5-68-MI and then made in the usa. could anyone tell me anything about this guitar????

Need an Amplifier Repair Expert: Crate Amp

Crate Amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : Need an Amplifier Repair Expert: Crate Amp

Takamine

Did Takamine make a "G" series of guitars in the early 80's?

Re: Takamine

: Did Takamine make a "G" series of guitars in the early 80's? Do you meen thesolid body electrics

Re: Takamine

I have a takamine gx-100 electric guitar. I would like to know what years these guitars were made, and what the list price was at the time. Thanx.

need info

I NEED SOME INFORMATION ON A GUITAR MY GRAND FATHER OWNS
ITS A BEASON / BESSON(not sure of the spelling) FROM
APPROX 1940 . DOES ANYONE KNOW SOMEBODY I CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH
TO FIND ITS VALUE AND A NEW HOME?

pickguard

i wanted to know wether or not i would be able to change the white pickguard on my explorer for a black one
do they sell these in stores

Exam

Excuse me, how long does it really take to finish guitar course or
get to Grade 5 in ABRSM exam??

thks in advance

Hughes & Kettner TriAmp faillure

Hi,

Can anybody help me with the following issue:

Recently I've installed the MSM-1 MIDI module in my TriAmp's head, but now the LEDS on my frontpanel don't work anymore and I lost my sound completely! The only thing that a little functions, is the mastervolume. I have to crank it completely and then I will get a 'digitally' sound. Please can you help me? Thanks.
Ben van Geest

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.