Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Hughes & Kettner TriAmp faillure

hi b.

i had the same problem, the amp was "dead"
i send i to a h&k distrubtor and the told me, that i used the wrong "socket" to install dem cable from the midi module, it cost me € 250.- to repair it :-((

: Hi,

: Can anybody help me with the following issue:

: Recently I've installed the MSM-1 MIDI module in my TriAmp's head, but now the LEDS on my frontpanel don't work anymore and I lost my sound completely! The only thing that a little functions, is the mastervolume. I have to crank it completely and then I will get a 'digitally' sound. Please can you help me? Thanks.
: Ben van Geest

yes, you have installed msm-1 cable wrongly thus burn two fuses inside the head, you have to install the cable which goes to the amp from the msm-1 so that the notches in the socket and pins are on same side, you have put it in following the manual picture which refers the arrow on the pins to go this wa<y or that way but you must forget the arrow and the picture cause they work on older kettner models that way but on triamp the pins has to be opposite so the notches will meet. the blown fuses are on inside uinder big circuit board on a smaller circuit board touching the chassis back. hard to chance so take it to someone pro.repairer.

: : Hi,

: : Can anybody help me with the following issue:

: : Recently I've installed the MSM-1 MIDI module in my TriAmp's head, but now the LEDS on my frontpanel don't work anymore and I lost my sound completely! The only thing that a little functions, is the mastervolume. I have to crank it completely and then I will get a 'digitally' sound. Please can you help me? Thanks.
: : Ben van Geest

or that way but you must forget the arrow and the picture cause they work on older kettner models that way but on triamp the pins has to be opposite so the notches will meet. the blown fuses are on inside uinder big circuit board on a smaller circuit board touching the chassis back. hard to chance so take it to someone pro.repairer.

Rocktron Voodu Valve

Any Comments on why I should buy this? All responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Rocktron Voodu Valve

Because everybody says it's the best DSP ever made.

i wanna know how much a squier affinity fat strat and a squier standard double fat strat is

could a guitar expert help me find out how much these guitars r above?

Re: i wanna know how much a squier affinity fat strat and a squier standard double fat strat is

Why would you want to buy the worst guitar on the market? If money is the issue, get a used guitar of some quality.

Re: i wanna know how much a squier affinity fat strat and a squier standard double fat strat is

: could a guitar expert help me find out how much these guitars r above?

Ref new Fat Squire Fat Strat:Paid $165 for mine 2 months ago form Semonile Misic in Clearwater Fl. It was mafe in China and has a solid maple neck and an exce;;ant black poly finish. If no one has checked out the new Squire Fat Strat they will be in for a surprise. My fit and finish is excellent and plays great. I have recently seen then on the web at GuitarStop.com for approx $200 other on lines also carry them. MusiciansFriend.com did have them for $165. I am not disapointed in my pruchase at all. Those that "dis" the new Strats have not tried one.

: Ref new Fat Squire Fat Strat:Paid $165 for mine 2 months ago form Semonile Misic in Clearwater Fl. It was mafe in China and has a solid maple neck and an exce;;ant black poly finish. If no one has checked out the new Squire Fat Strat they will be in for a surprise. My fit and finish is excellent and plays great. I have recently seen then on the web at GuitarStop.com for approx $200 other on lines also carry them. MusiciansFriend.com did have them for $165. I am not disapointed in my pruchase at all. Those that "dis" the new Strats have not tried one.

I also bought one for 169..Brooke Mays Music. I played about 10-15 strats. So many different necks, I liked this one, they also did a great job of set-up at this paticular store. The other contender was a American/Standard- $799 with case,T-shirt,strap good deal. But, I wanted a guitar I didn't worry about scratching also! In all honesty the American Top line uses Stainless Steel, so hardware is better than SQ Strat with chrome plated. I have 3 strats, they all have different feel so go try out as many as you can.
This China Squire-Fat Strat, 2 singles, one double is nice. Solid Alder body like top of line, thinner body..which is great! I'll probably drop in some Sperzel Tuning pegs I have laying around, and will search for a "clearance on a nice set of pickups someday (no real need just a habit!)...the best thing of all, other than the killer priceis....I can play the SH&*%&%%T out of this thing, anywhere and not worry about scratchs,nicks,parts etc.
Just Love this guitar. $169 and have 'em set it up right.

Ref new Fat Squire Fat Strat:Paid $165 for mine 2 months ago form Semonile Misic in Clearwater Fl. It was mafe in China and has a solid maple neck and an exce;;ant black poly finish. If no one has checked out the new Squire Fat Strat they will be in for a surprise. My fit and finish is excellent and plays great. I have recently seen then on the web at GuitarStop.com for approx $200 other on lines also carry them. MusiciansFriend.com did have them for $165. I am not disapointed in my pruchase at all. Those that "dis" the new Strats have not tried one.

Midi lead for ADA MP1

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a seven pin midi lead to run from my ADA MP1 to my ADA footpedal. The seven pin lead phantom powers the footpedal. My last one broke and now I have to have wires all over the place. Help..........................

Re: Midi lead for ADA MP1 Buy @ west la music

: Does anyone know where I can get hold of a seven pin midi lead to run from my ADA MP1 to my ADA footpedal. The seven pin lead phantom powers the footpedal. My last one broke and now I have to have wires all over the place. Help..........................

Re: Midi lead for ADA MP1 Buy @ west la music

Buy ,or order it from West LA music in Santa Monica

Best effects boxes for vocals, acoustic guitar

Hello,

I play solo acoustic (6 and twelve string) and sing. Guitars are Ovation A/E nylon, washburn small size 12-string, big LoPrinizi 6 string dreadnought.

What do you think are the best effects boxes for

1) Live vocals (would like to be able to have clean choruses, reverbs, be able to change eq well)

2) Acoustic guitar (would like to be able to chorus and reverb without getting muddy sounds, keep clean guitar sound, any other good acustic fx too)

Opinions?

Fender 65 Super Reverb

I bought this amp recently and have not been satisfied with its presence in band environment. The mids seem to clip when bright switch is on and the sound is not very full. I had been using a DeVille 4-10 which has the fullness and presence, but was frustrated with the controls and little things keep breaking. Anyone know of enhancements to the Super? I am considering JBL speakers.

Re: Fender 65 Super Reverb

: I bought this amp recently and have not been satisfied with its presence in band environment. The mids seem to clip when bright switch is on and the sound is not very full. I had been using a DeVille 4-10 which has the fullness and presence, but was frustrated with the controls and little things keep breaking. Anyone know of enhancements to the Super? I am considering JBL speakers.

I bought all new old stock american tubes and it has brought this amp to life. This setup has cost over $400 because I bought extra 12ax7's and 6l6gc's. Gotta have american tubes!

broken tremolo on my Vox Cambridge 30

broken tremolo on my Vox Cambridge 30

This popular thread has been given its own page : broken tremolo on my Vox Cambridge 30

I need to play heavy metal guitar ozzy osbourne

please send me some info asap thanks for your help

Re: I need to play heavy metal guitar ozzy osbourne

:
: please send me some info asap thanks for your help

guitar info

: :
: : please send me some info on ozzyssguitar riffs

on his new album down to earth

thanks amillion

Guitar world mag has good tabs to alot of ozzy, get the relevant back issues (a few were pretty recent).

:

:

YOU NEED TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY OR BOOK SHOP/GUITAR SHOP ETC AND LOOK OUT FOR A BOOK ABOUT RANDY RHODES. HE WAS HIS BEST LEAD PLAYERS EVER.
It's great being ENGLISH and an OZZIE FAN. PSYCO.

westone guitars

westone guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : westone guitars

looking for manual for harmonist

recently purchased a used hr-2 harmonist. it did not have the box or manual. if anyone out there has one or knows of someplace to get it please let me know. if you have one maybe someone could mail them to my email. it would be greatly appreciated. thank you all.

Gibson EB-2 bass guitar

besides the fact that it plays like a guitar of your dreams, is it worth anything ?

Re: Gibson EB-2 bass guitar

: besides the fact that it plays like a guitar of your dreams, is it worth anything ? is in great shape no scratches and with like new original hard shell case

Re: Gibson EB-2 bass guitar

I'm looking for a sunburst EB-2 with banjo tuners.

charvel guitars

charvel guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : charvel guitars

G run ?

Having fun learning I can handle G,C,D7, like bluegrass,but what is a G run referred to in the song Black Diamond Strings how can I learn to play and practice it ?

Re: G run ?

It's G A B D E D G then a G chord

: Having fun learning I can handle G,C,D7, like bluegrass,but what is a G run referred to in the song Black Diamond Strings how can I learn to play and practice it ?

metal

need all sorts of maps like slayer soulfly or anything else

Ensenada

I have an Ensenada accoustic guitar I purchased used in the early 1970's. It is MD69. There is a pic guard decorated with flowers and leaves. Can anyone tell me about my guitar? What is it worth? Thank you, Patti

Re: Ensenada

: I have an Ensenada accoustic guitar I purchased used in the early 1970's. It is MD69. There is a pic guard decorated with flowers and leaves. Can anyone tell me about my guitar? What is it worth? Thank you, Patti

Re: Ensenada

Afraid I don't have too much to offer. I too have been playing (read learning) on an Ensenada. It's a W G 65, and when I searched for additional information I couldn't find much. From what I can gather they were produced in the early 70's in Japan by a company out of Chicago called Strum 'N Drum. I'll try to let you know if I learn anything new - sorry I can't offer much! Just enjoy the sound!

U'RE ALL GEEEEEEEEKS!!!!!!!!

HOMO

Re: U'RE ALL GEEEEEEEEKS!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU CLOSET BOY!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: HOMO

SUPERB I AAAAM A GEEEK. With a name like HEYWOOD I wouldn't throw stones in glass houses.Having a love of music does not a geek make. FORSOOTH VERILY YEH THOU ART A VARLET AND A CAD. HAVE AT YOU SIR PRATALOT.

Well done, beavis.

: HOMO

dearmond guitars

dearmond guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : dearmond guitars

Greco model#GR626

I have a 12 string Greco Model#gr626---Serial#19950
Please I need some info. on it!!! John Grimes

midiaxe

want to buy: i am looking for a used midiaxe to that will work with OMS and emagic.

Attn:LEFT HAND GUITARISTS

I HAVE A LEFTHAND FENDER STRATOCASTER FOR SALE!ITS A 200O STANDARD STRAT MODEL.IT HAS A BLACK PICKGUARD AND PICKUPS,PLUS I THREW IN A SEMOUR DUNCAN "INVADER" HUMBUCKER WITH A KILLER TONE, AND A VINTAGE FLOATING TREMELO.THE GUITAR LISTS AT $550.IM ONLY ASKING FOR $425,AND I THREW IN THE HUM SO BELIEVE ITS WORTH IT.THE GUITAR IS IN GREAT CONDITIONNO NICKS OR DENTS IN THE FINISH.HIT ME UP AND WELL WORK SOMETHING OUT WWW.DOUBLEAGENT66@YAHOO.COM

background

I play Ventures style music, old and new. do you have
any idea , what the Ventures use for equipment to get there background
music......thanks

1986 KRAMER BARETTA

1986 KRAMER BARETTA

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1986 KRAMER BARETTA

Lessons from NET

Is there a site where you can download chord charts. I'm just starting out and want to learn all the basics for rythem guitar.

Thanks heaps guys!

Free notes for classical guitars

Hi there,

Is there anyone who could help us in finding good websites that offer free notes for classical guitars?

Thanks and best,

Tuan

Re: Free notes for classical guitars

www.eythorsson.com has lots,

Jim in Canada

: Hi there,

: Is there anyone who could help us in finding good websites that offer free notes for classical guitars?

: Thanks and best,

: Tuan

Amp Settings

Amp Settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : Amp Settings

Over 125,000 guitars, synthesizers and more.

zZounds.com offers the widest selection of name-brand insruments at guaranteed lowest prices. You can purchase over 125,000 different products from their website 24 hours a day.

zZounds.com offers the lowest price on synthesizers from nearly every brand: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Alesis, Nord, Waldorf, and many others. You can purchase over 125,000 different products from their website 24 hours a day.

http://www.zzounds.com/index.music?f=5356

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.