Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 12 Year Old Blues/Rock Guitarist

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: 12 Year Old Blues/Rock Guitarist

Where can I get info on the 12 year old rock guitarist?

Need some chord changes

I have been looking for months for the chord changes to Sabor a Mi. If anyone can email the chords with the lyrics I would sure appreciate it. I am a broke student who can't buy the latin fake book that has the song in it. $35.00! Can anyone email it to me? Thanks for the help!!!!

Gretsch Synchromatic Elliot Easton

Is the Elliot Eastern model synchromatic as good as I've heard, they look hot but they aren't the pro model & they are cheap in comparison. They havn't gotten to Australia yet.

kmd amp

q

Re: kmd amp

: q

hello
I have Kmd xv50d guitar amp.
I need shematics (which tubes ý must use)
thanks

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? I'VE GOT ONE, AND IT ROCKS. INTERESTING, AND UNCONVENTIONAL PRE/POWER AMP SET UP, AS THE POWER AMP IS TUBE, NOT THE PRE!?
Not as warm as Marshall, Orange et al, but with a solid punchy bass tone. Very reliable amp.

Found a site with schematics for a number of KMD products. WWW.schematicconnection.com. Give it a shot.

Applause AE28

I recently started learning how to play. I got a Applause AE28 guitar because I was told it was a good beginners guitar. I was wondering if anyone has used this guitar and knows anything about it. I'm wondering if the action is too high I and if I should take it in to be set up.
Thanks

Re: Applause AE28

I have an applause AE-28 and like the string action. I like the entire guitar. It's number six in my collection and right now it's the most played of all of them. The others are a strat, a les paul, and ibanez, a fender dobro, and an applause AE48. I think the AE28 has incredible sound. I have daddarrio exp16 stings on it and they make it sound great.

: I recently started learning how to play. I got a Applause AE28 guitar because I was told it was a good beginners guitar. I was wondering if anyone has used this guitar and knows anything about it. I'm wondering if the action is too high I and if I should take it in to be set up.
: Thanks

Fingerpicked tenor banjo as a second instrument

If you would like to fingerpick the banjo as a second instrument, consider the TENOR banjo, retuned to open G tuning DGdg.

Due to the regular bass-to-treble order of strings it is lot easier to transfer fingerpicking patterns from guitar to tenor banjo than to the 5-string.

You can play Travis style, Scruggs style, old-time and more on tenor banjo. Look at my page for tips and tabs.
http://www.geocities.com/patekstylebanjo

kiso suzuki

kiso suzuki

This popular thread has been given its own page : kiso suzuki

Guild D35

Guild D35

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guild D35

FT-135 Epiphone Acoustic Guitar

FT-135 Epiphone Acoustic Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : FT-135 Epiphone Acoustic Guitar

strat

I have a strat and when I tune it to A440 the bridge gets pulled up a bit making the action worse, there is nothing in the whammy bar hole, is this normal?

Re: strat

: I have a strat and when I tune it to A440 the bridge gets pulled up a bit making the action worse, there is nothing in the whammy bar hole, is this normal?

Pretty normal for a Strat. You can either change to a lighter guage of strings, or buy a pack of replacement springs for about $10.00. If your Strat is stock (and a Fender), it came with three springs, but you can add a few more.

Cheers

hank and the shadows tabs

Could someone please tell me where I can find shadows and hank marvin guitar tabs to download????

Re: hank and the shadows tabs

: Could someone please tell me where I can find shadows and hank marvin guitar tabs to download????

: : Could someone please tell me where I can find shadows and hank marvin guitar tabs to download????

: : : Could someone please tell me where I can find shadows and hank marvin guitar tabs for tekila

Gibson Melody Maker

I have a 1950 to 1960 Medody Maker guitar. Where could I find out the approximate value of the unit? I would say it's in fair to good condition. Plays great.
Thanks
Rolie

Re: Gibson Melody Maker

: I have a 1950 to 1960 Medody Maker guitar. Where could I find out the approximate value of the unit? I would say it's in fair to good condition. Plays great.
: Thanks
: Rolie

i have recently required a melody maker with original case in near perfect condition, both pots and serial number date guitar to 1961, (first year made with a double cut body) first melody maker was 1959 incidentaly. I bought it in west end of ondon (alllow inflated price) at £1195

please get in touch with any other questions

How much is it worth???

I have a 68 or 69 gretsch chet atkins countyr gentleman. It is in mint condition. I was wondering what it's worth. Would someone email me an answer. Thanks a bunch

Re: How much is it worth???

: : I have a 68 or 69 gretsch chet atkins countyr gentleman. It is in mint condition. I was wondering what it's worth. Would someone email me an answer. Thanks a bunch

: Depends on conditions...If the guitar has lived in an area with high humidity, not as much as when it lived in an area with low humidity with a humidifier in the case/body.
: The difference is whether or not the pick-ups are still good and the body has not gots cracks.
: I would suggest that you get it appraised and insured. If MINT, likely over 2k USD, if not, who knows.

Re: How much is it worth???

: : I have a 68 or 69 gretsch chet atkins countyr gentleman. It is in mint condition. I was wondering what it's worth. Would someone email me an answer. Thanks a bunch

: Depends on conditions...If the guitar has lived in an area with high humidity, not as much as when it lived in an area with low humidity with a humidifier in the case/body.
: The difference is whether or not the pick-ups are still good and the body has not gots cracks.
: I would suggest that you get it appraised and insured. If MINT, likely over 2k USD, if not, who knows.

It is mint all hardware is gold everything works like new

vox left handed bass guitar clubman

can you tell me about a left handed vox bass guitar short scale its got corrax jack plug on the ash try its got vox pat no but no number but on the back of the neck it.s got the number 71204 front vox clubmam bass jmi dartford kent it.s red whith a white scrach plate it.s a dream to play

can you tell me about a left handed vox bass guitar short scale its got corrax jack plug on the ash try its got vox pat no but no number but on the back of the neck it.s got the number 71204 front vox clubmam bass jmi dartford kent it.s red whith a white scrach plate it.s a dream to play

Kramer THE DUKE

I bought a Kramer The DUKE bass guitar. The model number is B1734. Is there a way I can find out the history of this guitar????? Is there a website????

Jazz related Questions let me know!!

If you have any Jazz or theory related questions let me know!!all i ask is to check my E-bay auctions i will be specializing in Jazz guitar related items.there will be much more items later this summer/fall.my id is: ksyblues

Rocktron_Chameleon

Hi, somebody could please help me on how to find a good setting (I mean the values of each pattern) to create a good distortion sound Van Halen or Steve Vai like with my Rocktron_Chameleon?Thank you so much for your attention!

need chords to alan jackson song

Does anyone know where I can download the chords to the alan jackson song ".... that september day"
I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: need chords to alan jackson song

try: http://www.roughstock.com/cowpie/, it's a country site w/tab/

: Does anyone know where I can download the chords to the alan jackson song ".... that september day"
: I'd greatly appreciate it.

floyd rose tremelo rising

i have just re-strung my guitar with a full set of strings but for some reason the bridge has risen and made the strings about 2 inches from the fretboard and made it impossible to play anyone know how to make it go back down and stay down thanks

Re: floyd rose tremelo rising

Are they heavier gauge strings ??? Ya probally gotta adjust/add springs.... check out:

http://www.homeguitarrepair.com/tremolo/tremolo1.html

it's a pretty good 'guide' for setting up/adjusting a floyd.

: i have just re-strung my guitar with a full set of strings but for some reason the bridge has risen and made the strings about 2 inches from the fretboard and made it impossible to play anyone know how to make it go back down and stay down thanks

Meazzi Amp

Meazzi Amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : Meazzi Amp

Epi or Epiphone?

Which are the differences between a epi g-400 (that i bought last mounth and sounds really good) and the epiphone g-400? I thought that the epiphone one is better than the epi...but the epi is really good...please help me to understand!

ibanezforum

Hi,

I've just started a new forum for all the ibanez users here.
This is the link: http://members.lycos.nl/ibanezforum/phpBB2/index.php
The chat doesn't work yet. But I'm working.

Thanks
Peter

Does any one know JAZZ

yo i wanted to ask you guys a quick quenstion, i'v been playin guitar about 2 years now and i'v done every thing from u2 to mudvayne and now its just gettin boring, i wanted to get in too jazz, i always wanted to do jazz, its just i had no one to influence me. any way im ask all you good people mabe for good song to download. any song, i would be most gratefull. oh did you ever have the same kind of problem (you know tryin to get intoo different styles of music)

Re: Does any one know JAZZ

Check out : http://www.tdpri.com/, there are some great jazz players on that board and they can probally point you in the right direction to 'influnces' (and mp3's) of different styles, also check out: http://guitar-primer.com/Charts/index2.html, it has most of the 'classics'.

: yo i wanted to ask you guys a quick quenstion, i'v been playin guitar about 2 years now and i'v done every thing from u2 to mudvayne and now its just gettin boring, i wanted to get in too jazz, i always wanted to do jazz, its just i had no one to influence me. any way im ask all you good people mabe for good song to download. any song, i would be most gratefull. oh did you ever have the same kind of problem (you know tryin to get intoo different styles of music)

Re: Does any one know JAZZ

First, if you don't yet have it get the software package CD Looper/ MP3 Looper to slow these things down and keep the same pitch. It's wonderful!

A few of the best Jazz Guitarists. George Benson is the badest; Pat Martino is also one of my favorites! His old quartet records are old style jazz and he has plenty of modern jazz.

I tried to break it up a bit. You may want to inch your way in with more pop jazz. Lee Ritnour is a major figure in more of a pop Jazz style (Also Larry Carlton) and has received at least half a dozen Grammies.

Old Jazz: Pat Martino, George Benson, Joe Pass, Jim Hall, ...

Modern Jazz: George Benson,Paul Jackson Jr., Norman Brown, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritnour, Pat Metheney, Chuck Lobe, The Rippintons Russ Freeman, . etc.

Good luck. If you like rock/jazz/fusion Michel Cusson of UZEB is bad, bad, bad. He works with Alain CORON the bass player. (Canadians)

Re: Does any one know JAZZ - Prior post should have read.

George Benson is the badest; His old quartet records are old style jazz and he has plenty of modern jazz.

Roland and Digitech

Does anyone have any experience with the Digitech RP-14d FX pedal? I love the FX but the amp modeling is only useful sometimes. It looks like you can't use one w/o the other?
Does anyone use the Roland GR-33? Is it possible to use it as a multitimbral sound module like the Gr-01? I use it with a Midi sequencer but it seems like you can only play one part at a time. That kinda sucks for computer recording.

Aria Les Paul Pe-60

I have an Aria PE6-60. Anyone got an idea of what I could get for it on EBAY?

Re: Aria Les Paul Pe-60

: I have an Aria PE6-60. Anyone got an idea of what I could get for it on EBAY?

swap it for a cow and two magic beans

invader or duncan custom?

Im looking to replace my bridge pickup and take my neck pickup out and just have one bride pickup.

i either want an invader which people tell me it sounds good on distortion and not that good on clean

then there is also the duncan custom which i hear gives a good distortion and has a good clean sound.
im scared if i get the duncan custom it wont have enough out put for just having one pickup
can anyone help me decide?

Re: invader or duncan custom?

I have an Invader in my Jackson professionnal, and i actually love the clean sound, it rings beautifully and sounds deep, and rich. I don't know why, but with distortion, it lacks the craziness of my other guitar, Jackson with Trembucker, but that one doesn't have a great clean sound.
I don't know about that other pickup you mention.

Re: invader or duncan custom?

Get the cuatom, you acn allways get more gain. You can't save a shitty pickup.

The Guitar I own

I bought a Taylor 414 CE, 1999 in 1999, and was wondering since I may have to let it go how much I should ask for it? It's got 1-nick and 1-scratch about a 1/2 on the side. Hardly noticable, I've taken very good care of it,in fact it's spent most of it's time in the case. You can still smell the wood.

Can anyone help me out, I paid $1400.00 for it in 1999, and I would like to get at least $1000. Am I out of my mind?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.