Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – July, 2002

• This topic has 463 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 222 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Anybody got any ideas or metal zone settings To match distortion on Slipknots Iowa

Anonymous

You ppl are just a bunch of hating little bastards. Just because they have some bad ass skill that you dont dosnt give u the right to be so gay. SlIPKNOT KICKS ASS!!!!!

Anonymous

Slipknot sucks !!!! so go fuck yourself !!!! : Anybody got any ideas or metal zone settings To match distortion on Slipknots Iowa

Anonymous

slipknot is one of the best metals bands, what the fuck are you talkin about.

Anonymous

They just plainly suck !!! BackStreet, now theres a band. : slipknot is one of the best metals bands, what the fuck are you talkin about.

Anonymous

I would like to know if there are any sites to print gutar music? Guns n’ Roses, Kid Rock, Aero Smith, etc. Please e-mail me! Thanks

Anonymous

: I would like to know if there are any sites to print : gutar music? Evanescence, Alysha Keys. : Please e-mail me! Thanks

Anonymous

: I would like to know if there are any sites to print : gutar music? Kid Rock, Aero Smith, good charlotte and offspring. : Please e-mail me! Thanks

Anonymous

: I would like to know if there are any sites to print : gutar music? Guns n’ Roses,The Eagles, Aero Smith, etc. : Please e-mail me! Thanks

Anonymous

yeh hi i would like to know whether ther is any band name which begins with "y" or "z" u c, im making the worst ever cd, a to z, but i cant think of anyone beginning with these two letters. please folks, go and help me?

Anonymous

: I would like to know if there are any sites to print : gutar music? Busted,Avril Lavigne etc. : Please e-mail me! Thanks

Anonymous

i own one of these but no-one i know has ever heard of them. is this cos i live in australia. If you know what it is tell me your thopughts

Anonymous

is it a red thingy? i always thought it sounded awful

Anonymous

i own one and i think it is good a cool new metal sound

Anonymous

I got one sent in buy a customer to get modded, it sounded like carp when I received. But now, man! beautiful! Will upload the sound clip one day! Liys http://www.DioKay.com

Anonymous

i need to know if it would be ok to use a 200 watt head with a 120 watt cabinet. can anyone help me out?

Anonymous

Yes, it can be. But you must be very carefull. I always consider at least double the wattage a safe plan.

Anonymous

It depends completely on the overall sound you’re looking for. As far as the safety of the speakers is concerned, I know from HiFi experience that one tends to want (all else being equal) the highest-wattage amplifier possible to allow the greatest undistorted headroom. If the speaker isn’t distorting the sound, you’re probably not hurting it. If you want to be able to switch from an overdrive/distorted tone back to a clean tone, you may not be able to if the speakers break up before you’re up to playing volume. Some people want speaker breakup, other would prefer to have more (or simply a different kind of) control over their distorted tones by using various effects processors. Also, counterintuitive as it may seem, a scooped, metal tone will need (again, all else being equal) higher-wattage speakers to keep the low end strong and tight without farting out, not to mention a crisp, controlled high end. For more "classic" tones, you’ll almost certainly want to use lower wattage speakers. The key is to find ones that, when used with your amp, break up smoothly (unless you want them to do something else, which is entirely up to you) as you add power. It’s all about finding a balanced setup that works for you. Someone tell me if I’m an idiot about all this…

Anonymous

: Yes, it can be. But you must be very carefull. I always consider at least double the wattage a safe pla Yes but it’s a bit dodgy you could blow your cones if you play too loud.

Anonymous

multi-effects processors are the same as pedals in that that can be plugged directly into the amp the same was as a pedal can. correct?

Anonymous

: multi-effects processors are the same as pedals in that that can be plugged directly into the amp the same was as a pedal can. correct? CORRECT – YOU CAN ALSO ROUTE THEM THRU THE EFFECTS LOOP AS YOU WOULD A PEDAL, IF YOU LIKE.

Anonymous

something bad though is some effects belong in the loop and some in front, so you might still need separate pedals even with a multi. : : CORRECT – YOU CAN ALSO ROUTE THEM THRU THE EFFECTS LOOP AS YOU WOULD A PEDAL, IF YOU LIKE.

Anonymous

I have principessa tab (first part)

Anonymous

: I need the principessa tab

Anonymous

I am a guitarist. Ive been in a few bands before but never really dealt with the PA equipment much. Now i’m thinking of trying some stuff on my own and was wondering what some essential, affordable equipment would be (for backing tracks, PA, mics, etc.). Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

um i just bought a tascam porta02MK2 its cool i dont know about mics and pa systems just look around

Anonymous

I I bought a TASCAM PORTA02MKII on sale but it came with no instruction book. How can I get the instructions? Do I record one or two tracks at one time and then replay the tape and record the second two tracks over that same tape or what? Sorry for these rather basic questions.

Anonymous

Hi, ive been playing this guitar for a while and was about to chop it in for a new one when i was told not to. Could someone tell me if its worth much/worth holding on to? 1990 Fender Squier Strat very light blue body, maple fretboard, A1 condition. Oh its a japanese manufactured guitar. Serial N005980. Cheers Paul

Anonymous

Does anyone has them. I need the schematics really bad, my amp broke and I’m a poor student without any money. So I can’t buy a new one I just have to reapair it. Please help !!!

Anonymous

Hello There… I’m considering a purchase of a high quality studio reverb unit. I’m trying to find anybody out there who has experience with the TC Electronics M3000 or the Eventide Eclipse. Which is the better unit?

Anonymous

What Distortion would u guys suggest for a real heavy Nu-Metal type of music.

Anonymous

I can suggest several. The BOSS XT-1 (Xtortion) is modern voiced and sounds pretty good. Other than this I guess the programability of a multieffects would do you good. Or use a straightforward distortion like the Boss DS-1 and an EQ pedal, I think that would work well. This is assuming you’re like me and can’t afford an amp to provide the distortion of course. Oli

Anonymous

well..u can use..ax1000g by korg. try this simple patches. metaldist,black 12′, or u can use..ibanez tubescreamer ! hey..visit my band site http://www.ragadub-star.com u can downlaod some of the song.

Anonymous

I will say it again. If you want that sound you need a Mesa. It is the only real way, do not be fooled. Most of these band are using a combination of both the Mesa amp overdrive and an out board distortion effect.

Anonymous

go buy a digitec rp 300

Anonymous

StarForce USA Electric Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : StarForce USA Electric Guitar

Anonymous

I have a voxton x215 guitar that I am interested in finding out whatever I can regarding the value or anything else I can find out also looking for a pickguard

Anonymous

where can i get a elc. guitar for cheap i dont need a pro1

Anonymous

where can i get a elc. guitar for cheap i dont need a pro1

Anonymous

: where can i get a elc. guitar for cheap i dont need a pro1 If i were you i would go with a fender squier pack. It comes with an amp, a good electric, and costs around 200 bucks. Or you can just get the squier. then later on when your good, or if you dont want to play anymore, you can sell it a lot easier than you would a no name brand. Here are some good sites that give huge discounts. http://www.zzounds.com, ebay.com(some good guitars for cheap), musiciansfriend.com, and many others. Or just go to your local music store. Most music store owners are required to put that price tag on their equipment by the manufacturers. but trust me they are willing to go down a lot. Ive bought a 280 dollar amp for 150, just because i asked the owner if he could do any better. Just ask, you would be surprised. Or just go down to the local music go round, or whatever sells used intruments, and check it out. Many have squiers or decent electrics for cheap. Your best bet is the squier though, with three single coils, or a humbucker and two single coils. they are cheap to fix, easy to find parts for, retain their value, and everyone uses a fender(hendrix, Stevie ray vaughan, blink 182, the red hot chili peppers, and so on). Good luck. and dont get too cheap of a guitar. thats what i did, and it was a bitch to tune, and would never stay in tune, and sounded awful. Dont waste money on something useless.

Anonymous

Hey everyone.. I just started to learn guitar.. I’ve been playing piano for 12 years and that’s helped, but here’s my prob. I have smaller hands (maybe because I’m a girl) and it’s hard for me to find a guitar that has a thinner neck… I play acoustic and I want to get into flamenco/spanish and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions! Thanks! Sara

Anonymous

all the classical guitars i’ve played on always had quite wide necks, but if you’re considering acoustic, Washburn make very decent slim necks

Anonymous

Washburn makes decent slim necks, and they have a ‘folk’ model (F11 I think) that also has a smaller body but has a pretty full sound. : all the classical guitars i’ve played on always had quite wide necks, but if you’re considering acoustic, Washburn make very decent slim necks

Anonymous

i have a dean ML i would like to repaint it and put new pickups in how would i take the old paint off and re paint it what kind of paint sould i use? what kind of pickups sould i get?

Anonymous

Take it from Shakey, dont try to do this at home, unless you own an auto body shop and have spray and finishing experience. Some of us older guys have tried this and it’s not worth making a decent guitar worse by putting on an amateur paint job. If the guitar is a good one, send it out to a pro shop, it’s relatively inexpensive and the results are a million times better than you could do yourself. I used GMW guitars in Ca. and they did a stunning job. Better than any stock finish on any of my Gibsons, and equal to the finishes on my USA Jacksons(thats because they do the custom work for Jackson) http://www.gmwguitars.com/

Anonymous

Silvertone guitar information needed.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Silvertone guitar information needed.

Anonymous

I am really struggling to find the guitar tablature for a song called ‘Little One’ by Gallianno. They used to be recorded on Talking Loud recorde but I cannot find any reference to this record and have searched tab sites for the tab with no luck. Any help with the chords would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I am really struggling to find the guitar tablature for a song called ‘Little One’ by Gallianno. They used to be recorded on Talking Loud recorde but I cannot find any reference to this record and have searched tab sites for the tab with no luck. Any help with the chords would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Hi I am serching for Collectors dealers experts or les paul owners,whoever,that have seen Gibson les Pauls with exactly the same serial number? have you seen any examples of this? My research has shown that this happens more than I thought possible. Specifically a Gibson Les Paul 25/50 has been seen with eight guitars, having the exact same serial number and ltd edition number, guitar in question serial number 72298121 ltd edition number 0126. Anyone out there own one of these, or did you ever own one? are there more than eight? look forward to any feedback thanks

Anonymous

ý need roland gp 16’s diagram (scheme)

Anonymous

shit fuck cunt etc. Does anyone moderate this board? The foul language people are using is out of hand. What about all the kiddies reading this thing? They’ll have nightmares. I’d just like to finish by saying "ballbag" too-da-loo

Anonymous

Real clever, you should be banned from using any forum.

Anonymous

Relax a little there McGruff. Take a bite out of your own freedom-quashing facist ass.

Anonymous

I have a 1979 Kay guitar in almost mint condition, how much would it be worth? And does anyone have ANY information about this?

Anonymous

From what I remember,Kay’s made decent starter guitars.Todays starter axe’s are generaly better.So don’t expect to get a lot for it. Good Luck

Anonymous

Hi, I have a buddy here w/these 2 guitars he bought at yard sale for $300 a piece…anyone know how much they are worth? Thanks, Marc (a fellow guitarist)

Anonymous

i go through alot of strings, i wanted to know what do you use. And is light or heavy. And all around what type of music do you use it for.

Anonymous

anything DR, especially the EXTRA life Black Beauties

Anonymous

it really depends on what type of music you play and what you are looking for…but i use ernie ball super slinkys all the time

Anonymous

: i go through alot of strings, i wanted to know what do you use. And is light or heavy. And all around what type of music do you use it for. Rick, I keep trying different strings, gages, etc. I’ve found that I like the GHS strings as well as any and they are relatively inexpensive. For blues and if you’ve got the strength for it you may want to go with a heavy string…12’s and up. I think Stevie Ray used 13’s or bigger. They give you the sustain you might want. For the country stuff I’ve know fellows who use as light as 8’s. I couldn’t play them! I tried and they were just so light that my heavy hands would bend them out of tune on the chords so easily. For the most part I stay with 10’s or 11’s. When you go switching gages and make big changes though be thoughtful of the inotation. Going from 12’s to 8’s will call for an adjustment. good luck Doodle

Anonymous

1971 Medallion flying V

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1971 Medallion flying V

Anonymous

Hello, We are a music group involved in Hindi film songs. We are based out of Central New Jersey. We are looking for a guitarist (rythm/lead). Please let me know if you are interested or if you know someone. We are amateur group, tho we get paid occasionally.

Anonymous

: Hello, We are a music group involved in Hindi film songs. We are based out of Central New Jersey. We are looking for a guitarist (rythm/lead). Please let me know if you are interested or if you know someone. We are amateur group, tho we get paid occasionally.

Anonymous

Hi, I was wondering if someone could describe the materials used to make up my ’96 410, and how the 300/400 series has changed over the past several years. (?) Several people have made passing comments regarding the ‘squared’ vs. ‘Sloped’ shoulders, as well as construction variation – some have even made comments like "you’re lucky", my guess is relating to those changes, and a perceived ‘return’ closer to the specs of my ’96.. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Jim Scopa [email protected]

Anonymous

HERE COMES THE BOOM READY OR NOT

Anonymous

what kind of guitar does zakk wylde play (his bullsye) and what does jerry cantrell play? thanks. 🙂

Anonymous

Zakk Wylde plays Gibson Les Pauls. He has a signature model out with the bullseye paint job but it’ll cost ya a pretty penny. Cantrell plays G&L Rampage guitars, build by Leo Fenders new company (founded a while after he sold Fender to CBS), which are not so expensive, but I believe they are discontinued. : what kind of guitar does zakk wylde play (his bullsye) and what does jerry cantrell play? : thanks. 🙂

Anonymous

Mr.Zakk is known for his Les Paul Standard.Don’t kow ’bout Cantrell.

Anonymous

Always thought Zakk’s bullseyes were Les Paul Customs, not Standards

Anonymous

Hi I have a 1935 martin 000 64443 in good shape with harring bone on the neck any idea where i may go to find out what its worth Sam seattle wash

Anonymous

I wanna buy my first guitar…what are some good brands for electric and acoustic guitars??? If you have any other advice let me know, like how much I should spend or anything else.

Anonymous

: I wanna buy my first guitar…what are some good brands : for electric guitars??? : advice let me know, like how much I should spend or : anything else.

Anonymous

I think you are being steered in the right direction. It may be tempting to buy an inexpensive electric, around $200, but cheap electric guitars have been made cheap by cutting cost on setup and materials. Poorly setup electrics are impossible to play. If you pass that hurdle and DO learn, it is probably going to sound like crap because of the cheap pickups. Keep in mind, you’ll also need a resonable amp and cable…$100 bare minimum. Thus you’ve spent $300 on stuff it is not practical to take out and gig when you do learn to play. In short, even if you bought an electric, you’ll need to buy another. The thing is, $300 will by an excellent acoustic, Shoot, $200 will by a good one, used or new. The real key for someone who does not yet play is to visit all the music stores in your area and talk to people. Get a feel for who is really honest. You’ll find that these stores will have very inexpensive asian made guitars, maybe even $150, which they have properly setup anticipating you will RETURN to buy that shiny electric. These acoustic won’t sound the best but they will play…that is the most important feature of an entry guitar. One more trick that I have had great success with students is to restring new acoustics with super light electric strings. This eliminates buying a nylon string guitar. The tension is really low and makes learning to play an encouraging experience. It won’t sound the best, but it is better than using a guitar as a dust collector. As your fingers stretch and strengthen, return to the proper guage. When you do return to an electric with those light strings, you’ll find you’ll be smokin’ fast! One final thing, don’t focus on brand, focus on first playability and second sound. Don’t fall in love with the purty guitar either. You’re looking for something solid and reliable. Brand is important when looking at resale value, but a $200 guitar will not have great resale or trade in value anyway. Adrian

Anonymous

You should prob buy a nice cheap acoustic, theres alot of good brands but you definitely need to try it out first.. See if your comfortable with it, and if it sounds kinda sweet or good for you.. Fender, I think has really good stuff for cheap. Try and get nylon strings too. If you want to take more time with your guitar, take steel strings. But nylon strings will be easy for a beginner.. And don’t worry about brands yet,unless your buying an electric..cuz i don’t think any one would buy an 8 or 900 dollor acoustic guitar..(well not me) Oh and for when you do get your guitar,try and play easy cover songs,depending on what kind of music your into.. punk is pretty easy. I would say practice some easy popular stuff, practing those songs from THOSE REALLY OLD BOOKs did’t fly for me,(plus it gets boring).. But don’t try any metallica or satriani stuff or something like that, it will be a little frustrating for just starting out.. Well thats it, thanks for readin all this.. email me if you want, so i can tell which songs too practice..

Anonymous

Hello! I have an old Ibanez with some cheap sounding single-coils on it. I’m now thinking about putting humbuckers on it. I’ve been looking on some dimarzio pickups. And I’ve decided to put the "the tone zone" in the bridge position. But the question is what neck-pickup I should have, maybe "evolution" or "the breed" i don’t now. I’m going to make a new pickguard for this project, so should I include a middle-pickup? The music I play is all kinds of rock and heavy metal, and alot of heavy solos. Please post your opinions.

Anonymous

NONONONONO single coils. Use two hums, with two vol. and one tone control and a LP type 3pos switch.

Anonymous

I need to get a new amp and I am looking into Fender. I haven’t tried any out yet but I was looking into either a Stage 160 or a Ultimate Chorus DSP. I like to play hard rock and punk. I use an Ibanez AE30, a Fender Strat and soon either a Jackson SL2 or a Jackson PC1. I have also looked into Fender tube amps, but I have no idea what I am gunna get yet. I play a ton of Def Leppard, so thats the kind of tone I want, but I also want variety. The amp is gunna be a practice/small gig amp. Please help!

Anonymous

: I need to get a new amp and I am looking into Fender. I haven’t tried any out yet but I was looking into either a Stage 160 or a Ultimate Chorus DSP. I like to play hard rock and punk. I use an Ibanez AE30, a Fender Strat and soon either a Jackson SL2 or a Jackson PC1. I have also looked into Fender tube amps, but I have no idea what I am gunna get yet. I play a ton of Def Leppard, so thats the kind of tone I want, but I also want variety. The amp is gunna be a practice/small gig amp. Please help! yea fenders aite. but if u want the best get marshall or for punk mesa isnt too bad. crate makes decent practice amps idk bout that though u probably want marshall for more heavy metal and mesa is more punk aite

Anonymous

Hey all, I just added two new pedals to the GPA, and am trying to find more info on them. They are : Snarling Dogs – Mold Spore Psycho-Scumatic Wah VOX – V847UJ Union Jack the site is : http://www.shortnacy.com/tim/GPA/ email me info at : [email protected] thanks, -tim

Anonymous

can someone tell me the value of this vintage guitar and also, would it be wise to plug it in, its been stored for 30 yrs. thanks Ree

Anonymous

I haven’t started playing guitar yet, but I really want to. Does anyone have any advice for me??? I want to play electric guitar, but do I need to start on acoustic? What kind should I get? Should I take lessons?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Anonymous

Can u tell me where can i get free staff notes for guitar .I prefer to play staff chords (Rock bands)

Anonymous

: I haven’t started playing guitar yet, but I really want : to. Does anyone have any advice for me??? I want to play : electric guitar, but do I need to start on acoustic? : What kind should I get? Should I take lessons?? : PLEASE HELP ME!!! Since you haven’t started playing yet, you really don’t know if you’ll like the instrument. So you shouldn’t spend thousands on your first instrument. An acoustic guitar is cheaper, lighter, and not as temperamental as an electric guitar. I’m currently on a business trip and have my acoustic with me, because it’s portable. If you like playing it (and you will) you can alweays get an electric guitar later (and an amp… …and some speakers… …and some effects pedals… …and a PA system… …and a truck with a few roadies). Remember, there’s no law against owning an acoustic AND an electric guitar, and nobody is going to think you’re wierd because you have both. (Most of the stuff I write is for electric, but while I’m working on it I write it on an acoustic). I can tell by your note that you don’t play any other instruments. So, since this will be your first instrument, it’s a good idea to take lessons for the first six months. Find a teacher who will help you learn the fundamentals of the instrument (tuning, chords, etc.) Also, find someone who will show you how to play songs that you want to play, not stuff you aren’t interested in. Since you are new to music, you don’t just need some guitar lessons, you need music lessons. Get your teacher to show you how to read sheet music or at least guitar tablature. These are tools that you can use to learn guitar. If you’re going to do that, why not learn some music theory, it will help especially when you want to write some songs of your own. The main theme here should be that you need to learn how to learn. After you know that, you can learn anything. Then you won’t need lessons. Above all, be patient with yourself. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Also, remember to have fun. Cheers & Good Luck

Anonymous

I have palyed a trumpet in the past so i have a good idea on reading the notes. I am now interested in getting an electric guitar. Now i was wondering does a starter liek me need a starter guitar or can i go up to intermidate? And do you have any suggestions for a good guitar with accseories for under 240 dollars?

Anonymous

I REALLY REALLY want to play guitar but i dont want to start on acoustic, and i’ve looked for teachers that are a resonable price but they all suk, their like oldish ppl who teach dodgey things. I can read music coz i used to play clarinet…SOOO boring and i’m really into Guitars now do you need to start with an acoustic? coz i NO i will love it…

Anonymous

There is an interview in the above issue of the above magazine with Trey Anastasio about his new album. On the first page of the interview, on the left page, there is a full page picture of Trey at a concert, playing an extremely sweet guitar. Could any1 tell me what it is? pleeeze! thanx

Anonymous

the guitar trey plays is one customly made by Paul Languedoc his sound guy. ur right the guitar is extremly sweet and is cut out to have 24 frets so he can hit those tight high notes. also its a hollow body to give it some extra tone that most other solid guitars cant. keep phishin man have a positive day. johnny

Anonymous

Right he is. An interesting note. Trey once stated (tongue-in-cheek-ly) that the reason they hired Languedoc as their full-time soundman was so that no-one else could get one of his guitars. Several companies now make comparable guitars including Artinger, Baker, Hamer and to an extent PRS… : the guitar trey plays is one customly made by Paul Languedoc his sound guy. ur right the guitar is extremly sweet and is cut out to have 24 frets so he can hit those tight high notes. also its a hollow body to give it some extra tone that most other solid guitars cant. : keep phishin man : have a positive day. : johnny

Anonymous

this place is pop up heaven. worse than fox on a sunday

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I’m considering a Fender Twin amp from ca. 1975. What should I pay?

Anonymous

Hmmm.About $550-$650.1975…alright!

Anonymous

What distortion does Korn and Mudvayne use for there guitars right now i have a MT-2 Metal Zone

Anonymous

Hope you got about 1600$ because the both use mesa amps. And yes this really is the only way to get it.

Anonymous

I,personally like the Smash Box by Ibanez.It has a scooped mid-range sound that’s friendly to vocalists.For solos,I use a 7 band e.q. as a boost.I LOVE MINE! Tne Shred-Master is good too,but it’s got a lot of Mid-range. That damn parametric e.q. on the MT-2 drove me FUCKIN’ NUTS!! Good Luck anyways

Anonymous

I’ve got a takamine tf-60 classical guitar, must be at least 35 yrs old. Does anybody know anything about this guitar? Thanks in advance. Perry

Anonymous

…it’s not a classical, it’s a steel string parlor guitar (note the adjustable truss rod). it was made before takamine was threatened by martin with a law suit in the early 80’s. i’ve got one too and that’s all the info i have about it at this time.

Anonymous

Just thought I would mention this nob called roy buchanan…probably the most under-rated guitar player in history (right next to Gilmour). No one could hold a single blues note like this badboy. The telecaster never sounded so good. http://www.roybuchanan.com

Anonymous

: Just thought I would mention this nob called roy buchanan…probably the most under-rated guitar player in history (right next to Gilmour). No one could hold a single blues note like this badboy. The telecaster never sounded so good. : http://www.roybuchanan.com I saw Roy live a couple of times, actually souveneered one of his plectrums. He was awesome. Shame the way he died, a lot of unanswered questions.

Anonymous

: Just thought I would mention this nob called roy buchanan…probably the most under-rated guitar player in history (right next to Gilmour). No one could hold a single blues note like this badboy. The telecaster never sounded so good. : http://www.roybuchanan.com next to Stevie Ray….. SRV is STILL the best ever.

Anonymous

I have a Wasburn HB 35 S (their 335 knock off) with stock pickups that I’m looking to replace. I like the P-90 sound and so am trying to decide between the DiMarzio Bluesbuckers and the Seymour Duncun Custom-Custom. Any feedback about neck/bridge pole piece orientation or pairing either pick up with a differeing model owuld be appreciated as well.

Anonymous

I think I’m going to purchase the HB-35 this week so I’m thinking about doing the pickup replacement before I even get the guitar. I’m curious as to why you aren’t interested in the 57 specials that come in the Les Paul and ES 175 guitars?

Anonymous

Hi all, There is a second hand dealer down here in Australia who is selling a Yamaha FX – 310 electric acoustic guitar. It is good condition, apart from what the dealer describes as a "small hairlike crack" where the neck meets the body. The crack is about an inch and a half long and from the pictures I’ve seen is very thin. Is this likely to affect the tone of the guitar? Is the crack likely to get worse over the years? Do you think the price of $210 Australian dollars is good (this works out to be roughly $110 US dollars)? The guitar is a present for my girlfriend who has never played before. Thanks for your time, Mat

Anonymous

Lyle Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Lyle Guitar

Anonymous

I HAVE A LYLE GUITAR MODEL W440. MY WIFE BOUGHT IT FOR ME ABOUT 1975. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUITAR THANKS

Anonymous

Yes I have a Lyle guitar too. It was my first electric guitar it cost 25.00 at a place called Guitars Unlimited in Menlo Park. A great Guitar I have it still today as well as a Gibson Les Paul, M3, SG, ect. The list goes on. Also bought in 1975.

Anonymous

Yes I have a Lyle guitar too. It was my first electric guitar it cost 25.00 at a place called Guitars Unlimited in Menlo Park. A great Guitar I have it still today as well as a Gibson Les Paul, M3, SG, ect. The list goes on.

Anonymous

: I HAVE A LYLE GUITAR MODEL W470-12 I bought at a yard sale. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT : THIS GUITAR? THANKS

Anonymous

My father has W 415 and I’m lookin wholeover to find something about it and…echo! It looks like a Gibson replica from 1977 that’s all.

Anonymous

martin mc-68

This popular thread has been given its own page : martin mc-68

Anonymous

any gay guys wanna chat? im bored and horny

Anonymous

how to attach a guitar strap??

This popular thread has been given its own page : how to attach a guitar strap??

Anonymous

I would like to know how much a mark 1 guild guitar is worth and when it was made, thanks.

Anonymous

the mp3s are on sjulhes.free.fr

Anonymous

Why don’t you listen to my mp3 and give me your opinion ? One point, site is in french, but who cares !

Anonymous

What is the diference, Ibanez JEM 666 and JEM 555

Anonymous

im a begginer guitarist, i have a fender squire stratocaster and im in some need of new pickups, i like to play hendrix style solos and blues and rock could any1 give me an idea on what to buy

Anonymous

Hmmm… how about a new guitar? : im a begginer guitarist, i have a fender squire stratocaster and im in some need of new pickups, i like to play hendrix style solos and blues and rock : could any1 give me an idea on what to buy

Anonymous

: im a begginer guitarist, i have a fender squire stratocaster and im in some need of new pickups, i like to play hendrix style solos and blues and rock : could any1 give me an idea on what to buy Hayden, take a look at Seymour Duncan. They make a "Hot Stack" pickup that will give you some extra power. They also make a double coil humbucker that will fit in those skinny Strat pickup holes and gives a warmer fatter sound. If price is a factor look at Dimarzio, they are a bit cheaper. If you’re not completely sure what kind of sound you want, check out a few music stores and ask what pickups these other instruments have, find what you like and ask about the pickups. When you buy these, pay close attention to what you are getting. Pickups will be for Bridge, Middle or Neck positions. When you install them, the middle should be magnetically reversed from the outside two (North-South-North). Buy new, not used, and a complete set of instructions will be included in the package. Cheers & Good Luck

Anonymous

: im a begginer guitarist, i have a fender squire stratocaster and im in some need of new pickups, i like to play hendrix style solos and blues and rock : could any1 give me an idea on what to buy I’m also a strat user and I like doing the Hendrix thing. There are two ways around this. First, try a different amp. Some amps have a really thin sound and are better suited for Gibson-style humbuckers. If you like your amp, look into Seymour Duncan. They make a "Hot Stack" which is a killer in the bridge position and will increase the output from your guitar. Duncan also makes a double coil humbucker that will fit in those skinny Strat holes. Look into putting a switch so that you can get the ‘thin’ sound or the ‘fat’ sound from it. Anoither comapany that makes pickups is DiMarzio, but I tend to shy away from them (it’s a long story). When you buy these replacement pickups pay attention to what you’re getting. They are made specifically for neck, middle or bridge positions. Also, when you are putting them in, bear in mind that the middle pickup should be magnetically opposite to the bridge and neck. Cheers and Good luck

Anonymous

: : im a begginer guitarist, i have a fender squire stratocaster and im in some need of new pickups, i like to play hendrix style solos and blues and rock : : could any1 give me an idea on what to buy : I’m also a strat user and I like doing the Hendrix thing. There are two ways around this. First, try a different amp. Some amps have a really thin sound and are better suited for Gibson-style humbuckers. : If you like your amp, look into Seymour Duncan. They make a "Hot Stack" which is a killer in the bridge position and will increase the output from your guitar. Duncan also makes a double coil humbucker that will fit in those skinny Strat holes. Look into putting a switch so that you can get the ‘thin’ sound or the ‘fat’ sound from it. : Anoither comapany that makes pickups is DiMarzio, but I tend to shy away from them (it’s a long story). : When you buy these replacement pickups pay attention to what you’re getting. They are made specifically for neck, middle or bridge positions. Also, when you are putting them in, bear in mind that the middle pickup should be magnetically opposite to the bridge and neck. : Cheers and Good luck Kinman blues AVNs are the go, he makes other noiseless Strat pups as well. Perfect classic Strat tones without the noise.

Anonymous

Hi. I’m getting a sick stalker like need for a new guitar and have my mind set (based on appearance) on a Schecter C1 plus…. anyone have any experience with these? How do they sound and perform?

Anonymous

Hello I too am interested in the c1 plus. I was thinking about buying a Ibanes until I played them both at the Guitar Center near me. In my opinion there is no comparison. The schecter is a much better guitar. The action on the neck felt alot better and the sound and tone was much better. Even my buddy that was with me agreed, just from listening to me play it that it sounded "alot" better. Nothing against Ibanes, I still like them but the Schecter (in my opinion) is a better quality guitar. I’ve also asked a few people at the stores and they told me the same thing. It feels like your playing a much more expensive guitar. And I do like the way they look too! I especially like the black cherry!! I’m going to buy one!!! I hope this helps. Larry

Anonymous

hello, i have been playing for about 3 months now. i have been picking everything up very quickly except barre chords. when i try to play them all the strings ring clearly except the 2 that my second knuckle is on. is this the way everyone does when they try to play them in the beginning or is it just me and my screwy fingers. when you play a barre chord do you roll your finger on its side or do you play it with the bottom part of your finger just slightly rolled back. Another thing is my elbow gets sore a little while after i play. It feels like when i pitched 6 or 7 innings of baseball in high school. Am i using to much elbow motion to play. sorry i wrote a book and thanks for reading it.

Anonymous

where can i find a list of barre cords on net tks.

Anonymous

: hello, : i have been playing for about 3 months now. i have been picking everything up very quickly except barre chords. when i try to play them all the strings ring clearly except the 2 that my second knuckle is on. is this the way everyone does when they try to play them in the beginning or is it just me and my screwy fingers. when you play a barre chord do you roll your finger on its side or do you play it with the bottom part of your finger just slightly rolled back. Another thing is my elbow gets sore a little while after i play. It feels like when i pitched 6 or 7 innings of baseball in high school. Am i using to much elbow motion to play. sorry i wrote a book and thanks for reading it. Hey man, hows it going? I think we all have had a difficult time with barre cords at first. It takes a while to develop the wrist strength make the notes ring out properly. Just keep practicing, move up and down the neck and switch between open position and barre cords. Eventually (after many days, weeks or months) it will become second nature. Practice and wrist strength are the key.

Anonymous

hey, i started about a year ago and i am also haveing a lot of trouble with those damn bar cords….my fingers are really short and sometimes they dont reach and it is also true, the ones near my knuckle never push down on the strings……it mite be easier to turn ur finger on a side..i will keep trying…have fun!

Anonymous

John Frusciante's Setup

This popular thread has been given its own page : John Frusciante’s Setup

Anonymous

my son i are trying to learn the bass, we have no one to ask /turn to in the uk help ? JM + son

Anonymous

my son i are trying to learn the bass, we have no one to ask /turn to in the uk help ? JM + son

Anonymous

How can I tell the year of my vintage, silver face SR ? Also, it is for sale.

Anonymous

: How can I tell the year of my vintage, silver face SR ? : Also, it is for sale. Sorry about that last try, will figure this out… Check out this link. It’s not what I needed either to date mine, but it’s the best I’ve found so far. I can’t find my serial number so I can send them my info.. http://www.tcguitar.com/pages/article1.html

Anonymous

: How can I tell the year of my vintage, silver face SR ? : Also, it is for sale.

Anonymous

Try this link for dating: http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/ Click the FAQ and scroll down to the table. Also, you have to cross-check with the dates on your electronics (pots/speakers/etc.). e.g. The cabinet could have been made in ’67 but if the speakers are ’68 (and original), then the amp itself is considered a ’68. Oh, how much are you selling it for? Matt

Anonymous

These pickups originally come with some Ibanez RG guitars. What do you think about them? Should they be replaced with DiMarzios (PAFpro or Evolution)? Would the guitar sound better?

Anonymous

I have an rg570 and used to have the original v7 and v8 pickups in them, and i knew straight away that they sounded shit – i wanted more body in my sound so lead and soloing sounded good and i wanted a good distortion for some heavy stuff. I put in the Evolutions and they are awesome! I suggest you replace your shitty stock pickups with ANYTHING and they will sound good! If you like a trebbly lead sound and good distortion, go with evos, if you like a sound with lots of mids and a very warm sound (not the best distortion apparently) then go with the PAF pros.

Anonymous

I tink u are fucked

Anonymous

Guild Madeira EG-41CR

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guild Madeira EG-41CR

Anonymous

don’t know, mine is a true bad ass 12, great sound and boom’s out other dreadnaughts. What are they worth?

Anonymous

HI….I’M FRONT BRASIL AND I WANNA BUY A GUILD MODEL BRIAN MAY……SOMEBODY HAVE TO SELL????HOW MUCH????? TANKS!!!

Anonymous

send me an email

Anonymous

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

serious? damn i’m looking for one right now. i’m just starting to learn how to play the guitar and i’ll really really really appreciate it if you can hook it up 8]

Anonymous

you prolly wont liek it but its a gremlin g10 half size but it sounds pretty nice its got 2 strings though heh (rockin to hard) anywyas yeah gimem your email il send some ipcs of it

Anonymous

hey everybody! i just bought an ibanez RG-750LR and the serial number is 882180. i’m thinking it’s late 80’s – very early 90’s. if you can enlighten me on the production year i would be most greatful. thanks!

Anonymous

what you think about gibson flying V83

Anonymous

Me prafulla I Need plucking of Guitar Immidiately as soon as possible thanks.

Anonymous

: Me prafulla I Need plucking of Guitar Immidiately as soon as possible : thanks.

Anonymous

Hey man! I’m in the same boat as u. Please contact me as soon as u fid some meterial. I’ll b really thankful [email protected]

Anonymous

Gibson ES 335 sticking neck trouble… any help??

Anonymous

Hi, I’ve got an ARIA MAC series 7-string electric which has a ‘floating’ bridge with a locking neck. I need to use dropped D tuning (i.e. low E->D), I also drop the low B to an A. I usually do this by a combination of adjusting the tuning pegs on the bridge as well as on the head. Is this recommended? Should I just use the tuning pegs on the guitarhead? I find that it has a tendency to drift out of tune quite quickly. Thanks in advance for any help. LA

Anonymous

Peavey Amp problem triumph 60

This popular thread has been given its own page : Peavey Amp problem triumph 60

Anonymous

I’ve bought the Ibanez RG550EX. The guitar originally came with V7 as the neck pickup and V8 as the bridge pickup. I’ve been thinking about replacing them with DiMarzio PAFpro pickups or Evolution. I need your comment and opinion? Thanks.

Anonymous

: the ibanez pickups are ok, but you should put in one of the pickups you mentioned, or a seymour duncan. i use duncan custom or screamin’ demon. it’ll sound a little better, and probably a little cleaner(not so fuzzy).

Anonymous

sorry, does anybody know what jimmy page’s long, left thumbnail is for?

Anonymous

how do you make your guitar squeal??? do you need special hardware?????(all i have is a very basic electric)

Anonymous

: how do you make your guitar squeal??? : do you need special hardware?????(all i have is a very basic electric) Place your finger on the two dots hard and bend the string at the same time pluck the string hard and toch it gently with your thumb in a slap bass sort of motion, it should squeal

Anonymous

: how do you make your guitar squeal??? : do you need special hardware?????(all i have is a very basic electric)

Anonymous

all you need to do is play any fretted note…and while playing with your right hand over the pickup nearest the fretboard(called the neck pickup) position your thumb in line with the plectrum so that your thumb lightly brushes the string immediately after the plectrum hits it…by the way this technique is called "side picking" and can be acheived with any electric guitar but it needs practice, so dont get frustrated if it doesnt come to you immediatly…go ahead and be the next randy rhoads, zack wylde or yngwie malmsteen!!!

Anonymous

Mesa Boogie F100

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mesa Boogie F100

Anonymous

Hi all, I’m thinking about buying an ovation guitar and I’m surprised at their lack of web presence. The Ovation website is pretty woeful with heaps of marketing crap but no real info, and there are plenty of people selling them, but I would have thought there was an ovation fan club or owners forum somewhere. Anyone know of any? Cheers, Q

Anonymous

: Hi all, I’m thinking about buying an ovation guitar and I’m surprised at their lack of web presence. The Ovation website is pretty woeful with heaps of marketing crap but no real info, and there are plenty of people selling them, but I would have thought there was an ovation fan club or owners forum somewhere. Anyone know of any? : Cheers, Q http://www.ovationfanclub.com

Anonymous

Hello I am looking at a Yairi with the following inside Yairi S3578 1972 can anyonetell me about this guitar ? Thanks Peter

Anonymous

Does anyone know the details of the Yamaha CG150FA? Matelrias of construction, years that it was made, quality , performance, etc. what is the meaning of the model letters FA, in new ones S= Solid spruce top C=Solid Cedar top. Thank you

Anonymous

Hi there,has anyone got any idea where i can get video manuals for the above.Thanks in antisipation

Anonymous

: Hi there,has anyone got any idea where i can get video manuals for the above.Thanks in antisipation YES—just saw one at sweetwater.com

Anonymous

: Hi there,has anyone got any idea where i can get video manuals for the above.Thanks in antisipation Does anyone know how I get to see a picture of the above?

Anonymous

I have a 66′ guild T-100d slim jim model in mint condition any one know the prive?

Anonymous

i have only been playing guitar for about 6 months. i’ve been doing a lot of cover songs, but i’m also a vocalist. i write a lot of songs that i can sing but i cant get the tune on the guitar. helps appreciated. *also wtf are all these little guitar xtras? a silver hollow tube and a thing that looks like a tampon gone wrong…..*

Anonymous

A few friends and i have started a little band and we are a little stumped on what we should write for a song. Hey could you give us a litte help on how to come up with some lyrics. Thanks.

Anonymous

How long have you been singing, cuz you need alot more experience to be making your own music. Six months is nothing… And if you know more on your guitar your songs will be alot more better in diversity..

Anonymous

I like your grammar," a lot more better", you also need to be smart to be a good guitarist, I don’t think you should be giving tips

Anonymous

: i have only been playing guitar for about 6 months. i’ve been doing a lot of cover songs, but i’m also a vocalist. i write a lot of songs that i can sing but i cant get the tune on the guitar. helps appreciated. : *also wtf are all these little guitar xtras? a silver hollow tube and a thing that looks like a tampon gone wrong…..* Take each note that you sing and find the note on the guitar. This may take a while at first, but don’t worry. Next, take each phrase that you sing and figure a complete melody for it. Take the melody and play it completely. The chords should start to fall into place then. Get a friend to help. Cheers

Anonymous

: : i have only been playing bass for about 14 months. i’ve been doing a lot of songs, but i’m also some what a vocalist. i write a lot of songs that i can sing but it is so hard. So can yuou give me any ideas helps appreciated.

Anonymous

: : i have only been playing bass for about 14 months. i’ve been doing a lot of songs, but i’m also some what a vocalist. i write a lot of songs that i can sing but it is so hard. So can yuou give me any ideas helps appreciated. : : *also wtf are all these little guitar xtras? a silver hollow tube and a thing that looks like a tampon gone wrong…..* : Take each note that you sing and find the note on the guitar. This may take a while at first, but don’t worry. Next, take each phrase that you sing and figure a complete melody for it. Take the melody and play it completely. The chords should start to fall into place then. Get a friend to help. : Cheers

Anonymous

Once you’ve found the chords break them up again so that it is not just a chord progression and you singing. Mix it in with some arpeggios and other such guitar playing techniques, that my friend is a song

Anonymous

: : i have only been playing guitar for about 6 months. i’ve been doing a lot of cover songs, but i’m also a vocalist. i write a lot of songs that i can sing but i cant get the tune on the guitar. helps appreciated. : : *also wtf are all these little guitar xtras? a silver hollow tube and a thing that looks like a tampon gone wrong…..* : Take each note that you sing and find the note on the guitar. This may take a while at first, but don’t worry. Next, take each phrase that you sing and figure a complete melody for it. Take the melody and play it completely. The chords should start to fall into place then. Get a friend to help. : Cheers Oh, yeah. The silver tube is a slide which you can slip over one of the fingers on your left hand (I’m assuming that you’re picking with your right hand). You can use it for blues tunes, or country or whatever. I suspect that the ‘tampon gone wrong’ is probably a Capo which attaches to the neck at any fret you like. This will allow you to change keys, without having to re-learn a song in a different position. If it isn’t, find out who the sick perv is who’s been throwing things out in you guitar case.

Anonymous

: write what you feel, it has to be a real emotion, nothing put on or fake

Anonymous

: : write what you feel, it has to be a real emotion, nothing put on or fake, (what if i have problems with expressing my emotions in a song but they actually genuine emotions , i am trying to write a song for the person i love dearly saying how much i really love them but i don’t know how to express it on paper)

Anonymous

who can help me to find some more about the morris gitars

Anonymous

does anyone know where I can find patches for the Boss GT6 pedal ?tia

Anonymous

I have been looking everywhere for patches for the gt6 if you have anymore could you please email me thanks

Anonymous

i dont know but i’m searching for it too! Please tell me if you know something. tks

Anonymous

man, ive been looking for a year now. you’d think boss might be intrested in making a web page, guess there just not to involved with the after market… please email me if any one finds any thing though, ill do the same

Anonymous

Does anyone have a circuit diagram for a Westone Thunder IIa guitar? I butchered mine for the preamp some time ago, and although I have all the bits, I can’t remember how they go back together.

Anonymous

i was looking for help when i found this. i have the same problem i need the thunder IIa circuit diagram to rebuild this guitar. can anybody help me?

Anonymous

Please ask serious question. When I see things like "how do I play a G chord" I have no problem answering. But when it is just some idiot who like sounding retarded it gets real old. Message boards such as this are suppoed to be helpfull and not annoying. If you have nothing better to do than waste helpfull peoples time, go somewhere else like WALMART. By the way, practice up. (As in "You want fries with that") because it is all of you idiots who will flip my hamburgers as I drve through Jack-in-the-box in my BMW for the rest of your miserable wasteful lives.

Anonymous

You go somewhere else you dumb fuck !!!! BMW my ass !! : Please ask serious question. When I see things like "how do I play a G chord" I have no problem answering. But when it is just some idiot who like sounding retarded it gets real old. Message boards such as this are suppoed to be helpfull and not annoying. If you have nothing better to do than waste helpfull peoples time, go somewhere else like WALMART. : By the way, practice up. (As in "You want fries with that") because it is all of you idiots who will flip my hamburgers as I drve through Jack-in-the-box in my BMW for the rest of your miserable wasteful lives.

Anonymous

I was wondering if any one could give me any info on this guitar? Who made it, When, Are they still being made, What kind of quailty or link I could go to for this info? Thanks Carl

Anonymous

: I was wondering if any one could give me any info on this guitar? Who made it, When, Are they still being made, What kind of quailty or link I could go to for this info? Thanks Carl This is a very cheaply made guitar from Korea. Unless it is free or at least dirt cheap – run away.

Anonymous

im looking for a fun guitar pic for my boy however I have no idea where I could get one if anyone has any info it would be appreciated…. Thanks!

Anonymous

: im looking for a fun guitar pic for my boy however I have no idea where I could get one if anyone has any info it would be appreciated…. Thanks!

Anonymous

look at any music store that sells guitar shit..

Anonymous

: im looking for a fun guitar pic for my boy however I have no idea where I could get one if anyone has any info it would be appreciated…. Thanks!

Anonymous

What’s this guy talking about? Caned? : : im looking for a fun guitar pic for my boy however I have no idea where I could get one if anyone has any info it would be appreciated…. Thanks!

Anonymous

Which one is better? If smo could tell me the +s and -s of each that would be great…

Anonymous

i gotta vox and love it. no knobs to fiddle with or second guess my settings, just plug and play. cant be beat. had mine, maybe 10 or more years, no problems

Anonymous

I own a Crybaby 535Q and it rocks. You can change the sensitivity and range of the sweep to anything you want including vox type sounds. The Morley Bad Horsie is also supposed to be good with silent switching. The best idea is to go and try them out at a guitar shop. Having said that the Crybaby is great.

Anonymous

Either – they both do the business.

Anonymous

Plastic Bridge assembly for a 1965 Kent "Vegas" model

This popular thread has been given its own page : Plastic Bridge assembly for a 1965 Kent "Vegas" model

Anonymous

My band plays alot of material in drop tunings. The Wolfgang Detuner seems to work perfectly as long as you are tuned to 440 with the factory gauged strings. However, playing lite strings tuned down below concert pitch is like play with wet noodles. I needed more resistance so I installed the 3rd spring on the Floyd and jumped up to 10’s for strings. Some minor action and intonation ajustments were made and I THOUGHT my problems were over. NOT! The Detuner does not work properly anymore. Pushed or pulled it throws the other strings out. Useless for my application. It must be that the neck is not ridgid enough to handle heavier strings (even just 10’s). My whammy is not floating but my guitar goes out of tune! Anyone else encountered or solved this problem? PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

I can’t contact the Musictoyz web shop in no way and I have an order for $ 250 already paid and undelivered after two months. I sent e-mails, fax and also telephoned with no results. Anybody experiencing something similar? Ego.

Anonymous

i have been waiting for a MusicToyz order for over a month now. They havent responded to my email.

Anonymous

dumble overdrive special amp head

This popular thread has been given its own page : dumble overdrive special amp head

Anonymous

i want a shit hot 12 string guitar any ideas. for all you wannabees thats a normal guitar with twice as many strings!!!!!

Anonymous

Do you need twice as many fingers to play it ??? I figure a shit hot playa like yo would kno !!! : i want a shit hot 12 string guitar any ideas. for all you wannabees thats a normal guitar with twice as many strings!!!!!

Anonymous

shit hot? go rip it off some 12 year old, after she shows you how to tune it. any make will do.

Anonymous

Applause AE28 by Ovation any good?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Applause AE28 by Ovation any good?

Anonymous

Hallo ! Ich suche dringend eine deutsche Bedienungsanleitung für den Roland GP-16 Gitarren Effekt Prozessor. Kann mit da jemand weiterhelfen ? Gruß, Uwe

Anonymous

Any tips on the use of this wonderful device? am enjoying its capabilities so far.

Anonymous

: Any tips on the use of this wonderful device? am enjoying its capabilities so far. Get a computer MIDI program like "Finale" or "Powertracks Pro" (not very expensive). You will also need a MIDI connector that comes with most sound boards. Plug your GR-33 MIDI Output into the MIDI input on the Computer. Set up a basic beat or metronome in the MIDI music file on the computer program, switch to a different track and set up to record. Hit record and play your stuff. Save the results. View your music in standard notation form, then print it out. Now record a part for a different instrument in a different track. Now you have charts of you music that you can take to your next rehearsal. (Definitely a lot more fun than arranging on paper, and a whole load easier than writing manuscript, I find.) I have a GR-30, which is pretty similar, but I found that I got tired of the sound of it after a while. As above, take the MIDI output from the GR-33 and plug it into a MIDI keyboard. Same idea, but now you can use the keyboard voices. Have fun.

Anonymous

Hai, I have been playing the guitar for about 6 years now. I have however been using only my fingers. I am therefore not skilled at using the playing device (plectron?). Could anyone help me with tutorials on the effective ways of using the plectron? Thanks a lot. Henry.

Anonymous

If you have been playing 6 years it should come pretty natural to you… I’d stay w/using your fingers, you can play faster and more notes (faster) at the same time. : Hai, : I have been playing the guitar for about 6 years now. I have however been using only my fingers. I am therefore not skilled at using the playing device (plectron?). Could anyone help me with tutorials on the effective ways of using the plectron? : Thanks a lot. : Henry.

Anonymous

First of all the word is PLECTRUM. Secondly, if this is not a joke question, which I am having strong feelings about, get a book!!! Being that you typed the question i will assume you can read.

Anonymous

I saw a "PLECTRON" on star trek once. Love Bob

Anonymous

DUH!!!

Anonymous
        Anonymous

It’s called an E-Bow(electronic bow) and its used to create violin like swells. There is one used in the intro to "we can be heroes" by david bowie. It works on a magnetic principle.

Anonymous

CONNECTING A BOSS GT6 TO A PC

This popular thread has been given its own page : CONNECTING A BOSS GT6 TO A PC

Anonymous

Hi I’m looking for a copy of The velvet touch of Lenny Breau on CD. Does anyone know where I can find one? Many thanks, Ian

Anonymous

I’ve also been looking for this CD…I once found it at http://www.avalonguitar.com a while back and I regret not jumping on it when I saw it. Now it says it’s unavailable from the supplier…=( : Hi : I’m looking for a copy of The velvet touch of Lenny Breau on CD. Does anyone know where I can find one? : Many thanks, : Ian

Anonymous

Hi, I have a copy, unfortunately, I don’t want to give it up. You might want to check with the folks who released the CD. My copy was released in 1994 by BMG Music, Manufactured by RCA Special Products, a label of BMG Direct. Also check One Way Records, 1 Prospect Avenue, Albany, NY 12206-0429. I’ll keep my eyes open for any copies. Don : Hi : I’m looking for a copy of The velvet touch of Lenny Breau on CD. Does anyone know where I can find one? : Many thanks, : Ian

Anonymous

Every now and then… amidst a dirth of e-mails requesting tab for the newest Blink-51 and Sum-182 songs… someone mentions music which I love. It restores my faith in the human species. It’s good to find out that not everyone is falling prey to the "bedroom-eyed" charms of that hot little blonde girl. : Hi, : I have a copy, unfortunately, I don’t want to give it up. You might want to check with the folks who released the CD. My copy was released in 1994 by BMG Music, Manufactured by RCA Special Products, a label of BMG Direct. Also check One Way Records, 1 Prospect Avenue, Albany, NY 12206-0429. I’ll keep my eyes open for any copies. : Don : : Hi : : I’m looking for a copy of The velvet touch of Lenny Breau on CD. Does anyone know where I can find one? : : Many thanks, : : Ian

Anonymous

who invented the electric guitar?

Anonymous

: who invented the acoustic guitar guitar?

Anonymous

who made the first acoustic guitar?

Anonymous

why was the guitar invented how was it invented what parts does it have

Anonymous

: who invented the electric guitar? Most people seem to think it was Les Paul. The common story is that he devised it in the 1940’s when he was working in his studio with his wife, Mary Ford, recording stuff like "In the Good Ole Summertime" etc. I’m not sure I beleive this. However, Les Paul did develop the art of the magnetic tape overdub, and later multitracking techniques which were used in Analog Recording studios (until their demise). Check into some older maufacturers catalogues from the 1930’s and 1940’s, you might find a better answer there. (Gibson, for one)

Anonymous

: : who invented the electric guitar? : Most people seem to think it was Les Paul. The common story is that he devised it in the 1940’s when he was working in his studio with his wife, Mary Ford, recording stuff like "In the Good Ole Summertime" etc. : I’m not sure I beleive this. However, Les Paul did develop the art of the magnetic tape overdub, and later multitracking techniques which were used in Analog Recording studios (until their demise). : Check into some older maufacturers catalogues from the 1930’s and 1940’s, you might find a better answer there. (Gibson, for one) OK, I’m back. Did you miss me? I did a little search of my own, so here’s a quote from the Rickenbacker gallery: "The world’s first electric guitar was created in 1928 by George Beauchamp with the help of craftsman Harry Watson. Business partner Adolph Rickenbacker liked to call Beauchamp’s invention the "pancake," but it was eventually the "frying pan" nickname that held fast." So, there you have it.

Anonymous

manual for a zoom 9030

This popular thread has been given its own page : manual for a zoom 9030

Anonymous

Where can i find a list of twelve string guitars for sale? I love the sound and want to experiment with the whole idea of more strings. Can anybody help???

Anonymous

: Where can i find a list of twelve string guitars for sale? I love the sound and want to experiment with the whole idea of more strings. Can anybody help??? Try E-bay

Anonymous

how much is 1 worth

Anonymous

sorry, but i forgot one more thing…Im also trying to learn ‘ A Dangerous Meeting ‘ by Mercyful Fate, and i have the rhythm, but no tab sites seem to have a tab for the solo, if any of you have a tab for the solo or the whole song with the solo tabbed, please email me @ [email protected] thanks again, guys M.O.B

Anonymous

hey…My band is trying to learn ‘story of my life’ by social distortion and we have the bass tabs, but every time i look for the guitar, i just get what chords to play, and i know they do more than just strum chords I want to know the EXACT things they play. So if ANYONE has THE TABS, NOT THE CHORDS BUT THE TABS, IF YOU DONT HAVE THE TABS, DON’T BOTHER TO REPLY (sorry for the caps, but i just want to make it affirmitave that i dont want the list of chords) so PLEEEEEEEZ e-mail me if you do have the tab, i’m in desperate need for it. thank you (again sorry if the caps seemed rude) M.O.B ([email protected]) <P.S, also i know this sounds dumb, but im also trying to start a prog/oldschool/black – type metal band, and we really need a singer and/or a bassist. If you live in the greater Portland area in Maine, and can sing and play bass then please e-mail me!>

Anonymous

: hey…My band is trying to learn ‘story of my life’ CHORDS : BUT THE TABS, IF YOU DONT HAVE THE TABS, DON’T BOTHER : TO REPLY (sorry for the caps, but i just want to : make it affirmitave : that i dont want the list of chords) so PLEEEEEEEZ : e-mail me if you do have the tab, : i’m in desperate need for it. : thank you (again sorry if the caps seemed rude) : M.O.B ([email protected]) : <P.S, also i know this sounds dumb, but im also trying : to start a prog/oldschool/black – type metal band, and : we really need a singer and/or a bassist. If you live : in the greater Portland area in Maine, and can sing and : play bass then please e-mail me!>

Anonymous

new forum just getting off the ground, aimed at blues orented young players and blues orented women. check it out ya’ll! http://pub42.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=3584603709

Anonymous

Almost new Washburn B2 Maverick Teal Metallic played a dozen times. Bought it for a friend and he didn’t come up with the money and never took possession. This baby includes a super padded gig bag, cable and extra set of strings. Take it off my hands for $150. First one to email me and come across with the $ its yours! bro bob

Anonymous

i just bought one and iam wondering if anyone knows what kinda strings come on it from the factory??size brand?? they have a wound g string that i really like. any help??

Anonymous

i was playing through this amp and then it just got real quiet. there is next to no volume and when i try and turn it up , it will squeal but not real loud. i replaced the 2 filter capacitors in it and now i am out of ideas. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!! thanks

Anonymous

That’s weird b/c the *special* speaker in the pv backstage plus get’s *L*O*U*D*! Especially for such a small 30W combo. http://www.gitarissimo.nl

Anonymous

if it has an effects loop, try and put some switch cleaner in the return socket. I had an amp that went quiet and it was something to do with a bad contact in the effects return. good luck

Anonymous

I need tom delonge's amp settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : I need tom delonge’s amp settings

Anonymous

Looking for the wiring daigram for a marshall 1553 bass cab. Can anyone help? Mahalo -tom

Anonymous

just found this place to get band-in-a-box files http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biabfsg

Anonymous

i,m free muzick men.nadur work

Anonymous

Hi I’m French, visiting Chicago this summer. I’d like to buy an accoustic guitar there. Where should I go ? In Paris, all the good stores are concentrated in the same neibourhood (a paradise !). What about Chicago ? Thanks

Anonymous

hi im looking for reccomendations for a begginner’s guitar below 300 dollars. any help is appreciated thanks

Anonymous

: hi im looking for reccomendations for a begginner’s guitar below 300 dollars. any help is appreciated thanks hey, dude. i recently bought a guitar that was a step up from begginer guitars, (actually a step down from the real american model <A Jackson KE3>) so i know a bit about that type of thing B.C Rich makes some killer begginer models, i almost got one, had i not played the Jackson, theyre real weird lookin (you know, the ‘metal’ looking guitars) i dont know what you want to play, but if metal’s your bag i’d get a B.C Rich Bronze Series Mockingbird, if youre looking for something more versatile, then perhaps an Epiphone Les Paul, or maybe an Epiphone SG. (also if youre into metal, another good one would be the Epiphone Goth series explorer or flying V) if youre a strat man, dont bother with squier, b/c you can get a really nice mexican strat or jap strat (fender, not squier) for around $250.00 on sale. those are all i can think of, so i hope it helps M.O.B

Anonymous

HEY  GUYS & GOILS....check this out !!

This popular thread has been given its own page : HEY GUYS & GOILS….check this out !!

Anonymous

Hi all, maybe someone can help me with the digital effect I search. I need very urgent the real sound from Tito & Tarantula song After dark, I cant find this guitar-effect with my BOSS GT-5. If you also use the GT5, maybe you can help me to programise the sound. I hope someone knows it!!!!!

Anonymous

Tito & Tarantula. If I had ever even heard of them it might be helpfull. Dude just get your own sound. PATHETIC.

Anonymous

dont bother, get a real amp and put that gt5 in the bin cos its crap!!!. love Bob

Anonymous

HELP !!!  PN-GR1-01 and SR-GR1-01 expansion board for Roland

This popular thread has been given its own page : HELP !!! PN-GR1-01 and SR-GR1-01 expansion board for Roland

Anonymous

Please remove this post. love Bob

Anonymous

Is my guitar worth anything?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Is my guitar worth anything?

Anonymous

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A FENDER STRATOCASTER I SERIES . MADE IN USA ON BACK OF NECK. IT WAS MADE IN 89 OR 90 IN THE USA FOR JAPAN. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SERIES OR WHAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH

Anonymous

whatever happened to the best elvis site at geocities.com/nashville/opry/5317 i can’t find it again have i got the address wrong ? help please

Anonymous

: whatever happened to the best elvis site at geocities.com/nashville/opry/5317 i can’t find it again have i got the address wrong ? help please http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/Opry/5317/elvissongs.html This is the link for you. Also check out Musicmoz.com for Elvis. Julie

Anonymous

i am confused. i changed my strings on my first floyd trem, now the thing is set back, and my strings are rubbin my pickups… well how the hell do i keep it "afloat" ???? help will be greatly appreciated

Anonymous

With the springs in the back. They may either need adjustment or you may need an additional sping.

Anonymous

The strings you put on must’ve been a different gage. You need to loosen the springs in the back and get the balance between the string pull and spring pull, so that the trem is level with the guitar body. It takes a little work ’cause you have to keep retuning. good luck.

Anonymous

skylark guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : skylark guitars

Anonymous

am am ama am am am am am am a mama am am ama ma maam am a ma ma ama am am a hatýrladýnmý lan ist. piçi amýna çaktýðýmýn sefili senin götünü grand cannon la tarýyým emiiiii amýnllll am amn üa ma mam ama ma am am ama ma a mama

Anonymous

Boss ME-10

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss ME-10

Anonymous

conrad guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : conrad guitar

Anonymous

I have a Guitar that was given to me back in the early 1970’s by my mother as a present. She got it used from a pawn shop back then. The only identifying marks on it is the emblem of a kay on the top and a model number inside of K450. I looked at some sites and it is the same emblem as a Kay but mine has a multi color back to it. If anyone has any information about this model or how old it really is please email me.

Anonymous

I was told there is a very well known gutair repair center in Staten Island called (I think) Mandelin Bros. Does anyone have info on this company to share? Thanks

Anonymous

Hello everyone. My name is Gregory. I am the owner of Music Gear Guys in Colorado. http://www.MusicGearGuys.com (303) 942-1330 We carry McInturff, Benavente, Blade, Lace,Wayne, Ibanez, Dean & Dean USA, Surine, Warwick, ESH, Matchless, Rivera, Soldano, Rhino, Laney, Eden, Hartke and much more. Please feel free to ask us questions relating to any of the above gear mentioned. I look forward to hearing from you all. Gregory

Anonymous

im asking about Benavente guitars. specificalls their double cutaway moel and whether it was ever mass-produced, and whether it was ever made with dimarzios

Anonymous

I WANT ONE ! ALSO I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT !

Anonymous

: I WANT ONE ! ALSO I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT ! Do you want a 1981 left-handed 8 string Azurglo 4008 bass, with a dot fret board,in excellent condition? Blue Book is $1,800.00. Will consider offers starting at $1,000.00. It’s spelled RICKENBACKER, by the way.

Anonymous

: : I WANT ONE ! ALSO I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT ! : : Do you want a 1981 left-handed 8 string Azurglo 4008 bass, with a dot fret board,in excellent condition? Blue Book is $1,800.00. Will consider offers starting at $1,000.00. It’s spelled RICKENBACKER, by the way. By the way in 1935 Rickenbaker was spelled Rickenbacher

Anonymous

: : : I WANT ONE ! ALSO I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT ! : : : : Do you want a 1981 left-handed 8 string Azurglo 4008 bass, with a dot fret board,in excellent condition? Blue Book is $1,800.00. Will consider offers starting at $1,000.00. It’s spelled RICKENBACKER, by the way. : By the way in 1935 Rickenbaker was spelled Rickenbacher Sorry 1935 Rickenbacker was Rickenbacher

Anonymous

I am planning on learning to play, but I have no idea what size I need, or what handed. Please help!

Anonymous

:The most important thing about choosing a guitar is comfort.There are many diferent sizes of boxed acoustic guitars.Although I would recomend beginners start on an electric to reduce pain on fingertips,which is often the reason most beginners get discoraged.

Anonymous

: I am planning on learning to play, but I have no idea what size I need, or what handed. Please help! First, if you’re right handed, that’s a "no brainer" go with right handed. Second, do you want to play electric or acoustic guitar? This will affect your choice. Third, if you have small hands, acoustics can be difficult as they tend to have thicker necks. Go and see the differences between guitars, and take lessons if you can. Start with a low cost guitar, and work your way up to what you will really like (in time you will know). Good Luck, Bill Wilkat Guitars http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

Anonymous

Just dropping a line to let ya’ll know that Steve Stevens (Grammy Award winning guitarist for Billy Idol) has been inteviewed for the "Guitar Gods" series over at TinFoil Music Magazine. Talks about his gear and influences and plans…and it’s an interactive mag, so Steve can read (and respond to) your comments. http://music.tinfoil.net

Anonymous

It’s been a while since this post, so I thought I’d up-date anyone who may be interested. First, the "Guiatr Gods’ interview series is going strong – the 2 most recent interviews have been with bass legend Billy Sheehan and acoustic wizard Justin King. Not just fabulous players, but really nice guys, too! You can go to http://music.tinfoil.net for the headlines or just cruise on over to my site to see the "Guitar Gods Index" right here: http://www.skinnydevil.com/GuitarGods.html GUITAR GODS at TinFoil Music I also have free lesson on my site, including a series on Steve Steven’s guitar style and a new series on the style of Jimi Hendrix. Check ’em out….and then drop me a line! — David M. McLean Skinny Devil Music Lab

Anonymous

univox ec 80 tape cartridge/WEM copicat tape loop/Sireko tape cartridge

This popular thread has been given its own page : univox ec 80 tape cartridge/WEM copicat tape loop/Sireko tape cartridge

Anonymous

I recently bought a DAION HERITAGE ’71. Anybody know ANYTHING obout them?

Anonymous

I would like to know how much my Gibson LesPaul Studio Lite is worth. It is in great condition, just about 2 knicks on it. All the hardware is original, and it has a red transparent finish.

Anonymous

I have a Blonde Gibson Les Paul serial number 00118588 in good playing condition but a little untidy. Gold Plated Hardware and all original fittings…what’s it worth please?

Anonymous

: I would like to know how much my Gibson LesPaul is worth. It is in great condition. All the hardware is original, and it has a sun burst finish.

Anonymous

: : I would like to know how much my Gibson LesPaul : is worth. It is in great condition. All the hardware is gold & original, and it has a sun burst finish.

Anonymous

I would like to know how much my Gibson LesPaul Studio Lite is worth. It is in great condition, just about 2 knicks on it. All the hardware is original, and it has a red transparent finish.

Anonymous

Hi all, I’ve been trying to get in touch with the well known corroboree guitar kit people but keep having my mails bounce. I was wondering if anyone had info. on this company/ or contacts? Your help is very much appreciated. Terence

Anonymous

How to get good Harmonics

This popular thread has been given its own page : How to get good Harmonics

Anonymous

Schematic for a Peavey Model 212 Renown 400 Amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : Schematic for a Peavey Model 212 Renown 400 Amp

Anonymous

Help me in finding my favourite song. Jab Koi Baat Bigar Jaye from Film JURM … please post it to me. Thanks R.N. Yadav

Anonymous

: Help me in finding my favourite song. Jab Koi Baat Bigar Jaye from Film JURM … please post it to me. : Thanks Deepak

Anonymous

: Help me in finding my favourite song. Jab Koi Baat Bigar Jaye from Film JURM … please post it to me. : Thanks : Madiha

Anonymous

: Help me in finding my favourite song. Jab Koi Baat Bigar Jaye from Film JURM … please post it to me. : Thanks : R.N. Yadav me too, I really need the words Jen

Anonymous

Here is the link: http://suri-midi.tripod.com/surimidi/id2.html : Help me in finding my favourite song. Jab Koi Baat Bigar Jaye from Film JURM … please post it to me. : Thanks : R.N. Yadav

Anonymous

I’ve always wanted to play guitar. A Fender Strat has always been my dream. Now Im considering pursuing guitar. But I know nothing about them. Buying, playing, equipment–Im as clueless as can be. Please if you have any helpful infomation to me as a beginner do share. I need all the help I can get here.

Anonymous

I don’t feel like typing for hours now, but leave me an email, i’ll be glad to help you out.

Anonymous

who knows where i can get ted nugents dog eat dog tablature?

Anonymous

Alternatively, you could go and get fucked.

Anonymous

SINGER IN MD NEEDS A FEW GOOD MEN TO JAM TO AL TYPES OF STUFF. IM THE BEST PLAYER REGISTERED HERE AND FRANKLY I’M BORED WITH THE INCOMPATENCE OF LOCAL PLAYERS.

Anonymous

What are you registered under, Megan’s Law?

Anonymous

Check out: http://www.tdpri.com/ http://www.guitaristforum.com/ Real players on those boards and a few that might let you sit in. : SINGER IN MD NEEDS A FEW GOOD MEN TO JAM TO AL TYPES OF STUFF. IM THE BEST PLAYER REGISTERED HERE AND FRANKLY I’M BORED WITH THE INCOMPATENCE OF LOCAL PLAYERS.

Anonymous

🙂

Anonymous

: 🙂

Anonymous

TEST

Anonymous

I’m looking for an acoustic electric guitar right now. I want to get the best guitar I can for $650 or less. I really want a taylor but I can’t afford even the cheapest full size model. If you have any suggestions please email me or post a reply. Thank you.

Anonymous

Check out Tocoma, I think they sound really decent (for the price) try a DM16ce, it’s in that price range. : I’m looking for an acoustic electric guitar right now. I want to get the best guitar I can for $650 or less. I really want a taylor but I can’t afford even the cheapest full size model. If you have any suggestions please email me or post a reply. : Thank you.

Anonymous

Get a takamine

Anonymous

this floyd is so fucked up from the reg trem’s.. i just went from a fernandez (strat copy) with reg trem, to a ltd explorer with a floyd trem.. well i broke a string, and now i am fucked. dont even know where to begin.. help needed…

Anonymous

Check out: http://www.homeguitarrepair.com/tremolo/tremolo1.html It’s a pretty good guide on setting up a floyd. They are a little frustrating at first, but after you do it a couple of times it’s pretty easy. : this floyd is so fucked up from the reg trem’s.. i just went from a fernandez (strat copy) with reg trem, to a ltd explorer with a floyd trem.. well i broke a string, and now i am fucked. dont even know where to begin.. help needed…

Anonymous

HI I AM BORIS FROM MOLDOVA IF YOU WANT TO FIND PARTITURES FOR CLASSIC GUTAR FOR FREE…….:) TRY TO COME TO MY SITE : http://WWW.CRYING-GUITARS.TK A BIGGER SCORE I DIDN T FIND ON THE WEB FOR FREE…

Anonymous

I can give you some but send me your mail Write me at [email protected] I’m from Romania.

Anonymous

mi-i dor de tine micu…..

Anonymous

empty words. Listen, and talk about music: http://www.threespheres.com/w/bestguitarist.html The Art of Reason Two dogs are casually going about their business as dogs– crotch sniffing of course– when the Professor happens upon the scene. Disgusted, he implores them: "You must allow me to reason with you"

Anonymous

In the last couple of months the pickups on my Alvarez electric have become extremely microphonic. I’m getting uncontrollable feedback no matter where I stand in the room unless I play at very low volume. Do I need new pickups, or is there some way I can fix this problem cheaply on my own? Any help will be appreciated.

Anonymous

: If your pickups squeal and make a loud whistling noise similar to a microphone when it feeds back, they may need potting. Some pickups are so bad that if you touch them you hear a loud noise through the amp. If you have a metal cover on the pickup, it could make a loud "clank" or start humming loudly when you touch it. Potting pickups will actually make it more likely that you can safely turn up loud enough to get that type of feedback. "Potting" refers to the sealing of the coils in a solid material. Potting stabilizes the components of the pickup so they can’t move relative to each other. This elminates vibration-induced signals that make a pickup microphonic. Potting can also protect the inner coil from corrosion. The technique described here is not just potting, but also "coil immersion". Coil immersion is allowing a solid (wax) to be absorbed into the coil. Wax is used because it works well, is inexpensive and it makes it possible to work on the pickup later. A correctly potted pickup coil will have the wax absorbed throughout the coil as well as the surrounding parts such as magnets, polepieces, and metal covers. This eliminates movement of parts inside the pickup. The bottom line is if a pickup is microphonic it needs to be potted. It’s not really a DIY job I’m afraid.

Anonymous

I don’t know too much about this… but I remember reading somewhere that if you get a noise gate it helps eliminate feedback.

Anonymous

hi believe it or not, i look a whole lot like hendrix. don’t laugh. anyway, some people have told me i should form one of those tribute bands and see how it goes. but i have never played guitar. so how long would it take before i could even sound a bit like the real hendrix? or am i wasting my time? deon

Anonymous

Hmm.You’ll have to take guitar lessons,study the Blues ,Rockabilly and Muddy Waters.About 3 years of steady practice and playing. Good Luck

Anonymous

: Hmm.You’ll have to take guitar lessons,study the Blues ,Rockabilly and Muddy Waters.About 3 years of steady practice and playing. : Good Luck Also, to really pull it off, you’ll have to do it LEFT handed. I look forward to seeing your band, Cheers & good luck

Anonymous

I have a digitech rp 200 and I’m wandering if any of you know good right settings for the all killer no filler cd. THANX

Anonymous

I realy get tired of all these people on the site "trying" ,and I use the term loosely, to sound like other guitarists. All I have to say is, THAT IS THERE VOICE. If someone else sounded like me I would be pissed. Get over it all of you.

Anonymous

fuck off

Anonymous

kool

Anonymous

me : fuck off

Anonymous

ok guys im buyin my very first acoustic. i have no idea what to buy. but i want it to be pretty good and cost like under 4 or 500$

Anonymous

Can Anyone tell me in which ways can you use effects pedals. like, for instance, what are different things you can do with a delay pedal, flanger, phase shifter, and so on. if you can, post it and i will read it when i see it. thanks, EVHfan

Anonymous

Have a 1960 Single Anniversary Original Gretch Guitar. How much is it worth?

Anonymous

Gibson/Epiphone Butterfly Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson/Epiphone Butterfly Guitar

Anonymous

Would like an approximate appraisal value on a vintage (1956??) Gibson EG 335.

Anonymous

approximate value of a 53 flattop in fair condition

Anonymous

Check out Boosweet Records Online at http://www.boosweet.com/contest.asp to make sure you’re entered to win some of the great prizes. If your a musician or just a music enthusiast, you will not want to miss out on this. Boosweet Records Online.

Anonymous

ALL YOU son of whores please get the fuck out of this site. blink 182 smells like your moms butt hole. you fuckers. I hope all you fuckin whack ass fans go you get fucked by tom delong. you shit eaters

Anonymous

any one who hates blink should go and die butt hole munchers blink rule and anyone who says other wise shoud cum through me! 182—-blink

Anonymous

Poof.

Anonymous

Blink sucks this is a universal constant. But just because people like crappy music does not make them idiots. Lighten up, there are better thing to worry about (such as how the hell blink got a record deal in the first place) than others taste in music. By the way get some english lessons you are a disgrace to all native speakers of the language.

Anonymous

no ??? what I thought… so go practice some more and maybe someday you will matter too… and then insignificant, frustrated little people will say the same things about you on boards just like this. : ALL YOU son of whores please get the fuck out of this site. blink 182 smells like your moms butt hole. you fuckers. I hope all you fuckin whack ass fans go you get fucked by tom delong. you shit eaters

Anonymous

HI THERE YOU SOUND PRETTY F#*!ED OFF

Anonymous

ya my asshole smells what about it?

Anonymous

I’d like to note that YOU ARE A FREAKIN’ IDIOT PLEASE RE-TAKE THE THIRD GRADE MY GOD YOU’RE A STUPID DUMBASS. Learn to spell you retarded cow.

Anonymous

It’s "You’re a dumbass", retard.

Anonymous

It’s "You’re a dumbass", retard.

Anonymous

AHH You must be a blink fan you shit head. right am i right. And what the fuck you mean successful, there a POP band you cheese head. the only people that play or like there music is little 10-12 year olds fans, like the fans for NSync. And shut the fuck up about practing. Have you ever played or seen tabs for ALL of there songs.(its like pie) tom delong actually strums his bass what a fuckin novice. Blink(POP) 182 is a shame to PUNK music.

Anonymous

hey im a smelly old perverted fart..i like young girls and i smell bad ! love us cause were here to stay !! heeee hawww !!

Anonymous

HaHaHa Nance, thanks for the laugh, man you ever make it past the 5th grade ??? your use of language is halarious… I can read music and figure out pretty much anything I hear so no need to check out their TAB here, and 20 years ago when I was into punk the idea was to be original/unorthodox so I didn’t bother wasting my time on listening to bands I didn’t like let alone their technique in order to trash em. So go practice your TAB, and stick practice being a critic, cuz the harshest critics are always the biggest wannabes. PS – blink182 ain’t punk… and I don’t listen to them, why do you ??? : AHH You must be a blink fan you shit head. right am i right. And what the fuck you mean successful, there a POP band you cheese head. the only people that play or like there music is little 10-12 year olds fans, like the fans for NSync. And shut the fuck up about practing. Have you ever played or seen tabs for ALL of there songs.(its like pie) tom delong actually strums his bass what a fuckin novice. Blink(POP) 182 is a shame to PUNK music.

Anonymous

Touche.

Anonymous

I need the cords to avril lavigne "complicated"!

This popular thread has been given its own page : I need the cords to avril lavigne "complicated"!

Anonymous

Who can recommend me strings on my Yamaha FGX-412C el.ac. guitar? This strings which I have now are too strong, but I want softier. Please recommend me some good mark of strings on this sort of guitar. Thanks.

Anonymous

How do you make a D# cord? Is it the same as a Eb?

Anonymous

: Exactly the same.

Anonymous

Hi i have learning the guitar for about 3 months nw with no help, i feel im improving but wold just like some people to give me a little help with what will improve my playing . maybe some tution site /software?

Anonymous

Get the fuck off this site you bunch of pant sniffing bastards.

Anonymous

shut the fuck up Blink-182 kicks butt you bastard.

Anonymous

Man, you’re bad. Ok, Tom Delonge sucks, but so far he made a solid career with blink 182. I don’t like them, but it doesn’t mean they can’t have fans. Let them post messages and avoid that kind of language on yours.

Anonymous

hey, tom is the best ever!!!!! whoever disagrees can e-mail me and say it to my freakin face cus i will show them.

Anonymous

Whoever thinks tom sux needs to get a life, and whoever the hello said that htey can play better then tom and the rest of the band is really really full of themselves and needs to get over it. Blink rocks, you suck. boo hoo. go cry now, u fuckin loser.

Anonymous

Yes, Let them be pant sniffers.

Anonymous

Can someone help me with my heavy (lead) sound. I can’t find a good enough!

Anonymous

: Can someone help me with my heavy (lead) sound. I can’t find a good enough! Sorry buddy with the GT3 if you’re going for heavy all you’ll get is mudd. If you ask me the pedal wasn’t meant for rock music cause you really can’t get a good distortion at all. The best you can get is maybe a grungy 60’s style distortion. But even then when you palmute with that it sounds like it’s blaring. What you should try to find is a pedal like the zoom 9030. Great for distortion and lead effects

Anonymous

I Need Tom DeLonge's Amp Settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : I Need Tom DeLonge’s Amp Settings

Anonymous

Anyone have any idea who covered Waylon Jennings Tele in tooled leather. Need info on how to do this. I can carve and tool leather but never did try a guitar job. Thanks,

Anonymous

Too bad nobody answered. I’d like to kno as well : Anyone have any idea who covered Waylon Jennings Tele in tooled leather. Need info on how to do this. I can carve and tool leather but never did try a guitar job. Thanks,

Anonymous

it’s just me………….i read it from someone else!………….and, now i know.

Anonymous

HI I have a digitech rp 200 and want to know tom delonges setting for the take of your pants and jacket cd

Anonymous

: hi my name is Lauren and I luv you guys soooo much(Travis,Mark,Tom) im like your biggest fan ever 2 be alive!!! but I was woundering if you guys would have a problem if I used one of your songs in my short movie for meadia studys at Montgomery middle school in coquitlam BC anyways if you dont mind e-mail me back at [email protected] and also if you would like you can check out my movie at http://www.Montymiddle.ca

Anonymous

why, do u have a stupid name like that for your e-mail adress , when i here it i feel like fucking you in the ass ,because i hear that e-mail adress , imagine a hot girl with a little pink thong that listens to blink and i fantisies about her, so, just no that with a name like that, your going to have tons of little perves like me jacking off 2 you, (or something they imagine, just like you…..)

Anonymous

I am unaware of any amplifiers that contain a "shit" setting.

Anonymous

Mine does… boolean switch, 1/0 ==> cool/crap :). : I am unaware of any amplifiers that contain a "shit" setting.

Anonymous

Vox Standard 25

This popular thread has been given its own page : Vox Standard 25

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been lost]

Anonymous

just listened to a radio concert recorded on his last tour. Guess he stopped learning new things in the late 80´s.

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.] What is the standard arrangment for a chorus, delay, compression, and wah pedal? I’m not sure what order to run them in for the best (clearest) quality sound.

Anonymous

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.] I have my eye out for a 12 string mate to my 1972 Yamaki 331Y. It has to be in MINT or NEAR-MINT condition with a yellow cedar top. The area around the saddle cannot be bowed more than 1/2" (1 cm) and it must never have had high-tension (Martin) strings on it. If you have such a guitar, email me direct: [email protected] or [email protected]. TNX.

Anonymous

: I have my eye out for a 12 string mate to my 1972 Yamaki : 331Y. It has to be in MINT or NEAR-MINT condition with a : yellow cedar top. The area around the saddle cannot be : bowed more than 1/2" (1 cm) and it must never have had : high-tension (Martin) strings on it. If you have such : a guitar, email me direct: [email protected] or : [email protected]. TNX. I have an early 70’s Yamaki AY472S 12-string with rosewood sides and solid cedar top in very good to near mint condition (very little playing). Some minor marks on the body from the case. There is virtually no bowing of the top anywhere. One of the tiny inlays on the centre strip on the back has an irregularity in the pattern. It has had and currently has Martin lightweight strings installed but has always been tuned one full tone below normal (usual folk tuning). Please let me know if this is of interest to you.

Anonymous

Trey Anastasio's Guitar - What Is It?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Trey Anastasio’s Guitar – What Is It?

Anonymous

I NEED TOM DELONG'S AMP SETTINGS

This popular thread has been given its own page : I NEED TOM DELONG’S AMP SETTINGS

Anonymous

any one know where i can get a decent but cheap four track recorder

Anonymous

I recently sold my rack and "dumbed down" to single pedals and a Tube Marshall Combo. I was wondering is there is a standard arrangment for effect pedals, or if everyone just makes up their own? I’ve got a Boss Chorus, Boss Delay, Boss COmpression/Sustainer, and a couple of fun effects (Whammy Pedal, Balk Talk). Please help!

Anonymous

First in the series should be the compressor/sus & you might want to invest in a noise gate as the last.As for the in between pedals it is a matter of choice personally i’d have the delay last but one preceded by the distortion with the chorus second in the series.If the chorus is a stereo you might then split the signal as i cant really see the need to delay or distort a chorus effect. to re-cap guitar-comp/sus/chorus-distortion-delay-noise gate-amp.

Anonymous

I once picked up a used Alvarez 12-string in a pawn shop that had an unusual adjustable bridge. Does anyone have a clue to the model number(s) of this instrument. Are there any drawbacks to this design?

Anonymous

: I once picked up a used Alvarez 12-string in a pawn shop that had an unusual adjustable bridge. Does anyone have a clue to the model number(s) of this instrument. Are there any drawbacks to this design? Could’ve been a 5054. Do you still have it?

Anonymous

i’v been studin pentatonic scales,licks, and plane solos ect.., but i can’t get the feel or make up my own. and for some reason all the major and minor scales or kinda a confusin. can you give me some tips

Anonymous

: : Using a familiar guitar lick, take one or several notes inside the motif and play them an octave higher or lower while keeping the surrounding notes of your choosing in the original register. Apply this method to any of your old licks for new sounds. Using a chord progression supplied by a popular song, pick out the intervals found within the supporting harmony. Am7 (A, C, E, G), for example, contains many intervals. A to C = minor third, A to E = perfect fifth, A to G = minor seventh, C to E = major third, G to A = major second…or in the key of A minor, harmonize the scale using seconds, thirds, fourths and so on. Wider intervals can yield some great sounds. : Take a familiar lick and add an extra note so that the accents change beats with each cycle. Try starting a riff on the and of two, then the same riff on the three, then begin it on the and of four and notice how the feel is changed. Try playing groups of five against four. Every 20 notes/measures the phrase will come back to the one.

Anonymous

: i’v been studin pentatonic scales,licks, and plane solos ect.., but i can’t get the feel or make up my own. and for some reason all the major and minor scales or kinda a confusin. can you give me some tips Start by learnin guitar boogie. Play the riff over the 1-4-5- progression and after a while play faster and faster…then change keys and do it again. What will happen afyter a while is that you will be able to play over any key…to improvise a solo…take sections of the licks and start a solo with that…then let it fly….if ya get lost, return to the main lick….If ya are watchin what ya are doing…basically, ya are playin…blues scale, major pent, minor pent and Mixo all in the riffs…that should get ya going….don

Anonymous

Keep ‘studying’ and playing scales and modes till you don’t have to think about them much, learn/study other peoples solos to get the idea of how/why they work (musically), and jam (solo) along to either songs or chord progressions that you come up with, I usually start out with an ‘outline’ of an idea and then work at filling/expanding it. : i’v been studin pentatonic scales,licks, and plane solos ect.., but i can’t get the feel or make up my own. and for some reason all the major and minor scales or kinda a confusin. can you give me some tips

Anonymous

hey what are you doing?can you give me a tab of a good made up song because my band is out of ideas and the lead guitarist is makeing most of it up i only had one idea!!im 12 years old and my band is called x-static i dont want anything to hard just something with not much courds and is kinda mixed between punk and rock later

Anonymous

Nuno Bettancourt is the best guitar player to not be mentioned on here yet! His playing is so tasteful and melodic. Those who have not heard him have 2.

Anonymous

: Nuno Bettancourt is the best guitar player to not be mentioned on here yet! His playing is so tasteful and melodic. Those who have not heard him have 2. Yeah, I practically grew up playing guitar and worshipping nuno. Haven’t heard much of him lately. Last I heard he was in a band he formed call Mourning Widow. Cool band name.

Anonymous

We’re a mix between alice & Chains and NikelBack, and somewhere in between….Please email me at [email protected]

Anonymous

I was wanting to know how you play a electic guitar with a volin bow? I have seen it done all over and i want to do it soo if anyone knows please let me know.. thanks alot.. Tim [email protected]

Anonymous

watch the Led Zeppelin DVD…it will show you the secrets

Anonymous

its easy really buy a bow and go at it harmonic notes pick up a better resonance and if you want to convert your guitar full time to the bow you need to adjust your string gauge levels so that you can hit every string its as simple as that

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can find out information on my 1987 (or earlier)Yamaha SBG 2000? Thanks

Anonymous

: Does anyone know where I can find out information on my 1987 (or earlier)Yamaha SBG 2000? : Thanks What kind of information are you looking for?

Anonymous

i want to know if its allwright to use effects loop as pre amp to my fender ultamat chourus amp and if it will hert enything i play in a band and have been having problems with overdive not sounding wright thanks bigdel..

Anonymous

i have a westone 4 string 24 fret bass and i was just curious about its history an when it was made. it was made buy matsumoku products in japan the serial number is 7012320. ANY feedback would be greatly appriaciated. thanx.

Anonymous

: Iam looking for a locking bridge for a westone spectrum lx. any ideas where to find one

Anonymous

I Have a Westone Thunder I bass and the serial no: is 2081660. I’ve looked everywhere for info on it so if you know about Westones please let me know.

Anonymous

Can you help me?

Anonymous

can someone tell me all about distortion, i play but need to know more for a project at school! plz help, asap

Anonymous

please assist i want to start learning on internet how to plat a guitar

Anonymous

: please assist i want to start learning on internet how to plat a guitar

Anonymous

try out http://www.riffinteractive.com i picked up lotsa new guitar learning stuff each day very useful regards. : please assist i want to start learning on internet how to plat a guitar

Anonymous

: please assist i want to start learning on internet how to play a guitar

Anonymous

: : please assist i want to start learning on internet how to play a guitar yes i want to learn to play the guitar

Anonymous

hi guys i was wondering if you could help me… i have a amp… duh but it’s fender bandmaster reverb 12 inch cabinet with the original amp head i was wondering if you could give me an approximate value with serial number 9965 and also what would the best replacement valves for the amp be.?

Anonymous

I bought a Taylor 414 CE, 1999 in 1999, and was wondering since I may have to let it go how much I should ask for it? It’s got 1-nick and 1-scratch about a 1/2 on the side. Hardly noticable, I’ve taken very good care of it,in fact it’s spent most of it’s time in the case. You can still smell the wood. Can anyone help me out, I paid $1400.00 for it in 1999, and I would like to get at least $1000. Am I out of my mind?

Anonymous

Im looking to replace my bridge pickup and take my neck pickup out and just have one bride pickup. i either want an invader which people tell me it sounds good on distortion and not that good on clean then there is also the duncan custom which i hear gives a good distortion and has a good clean sound. im scared if i get the duncan custom it wont have enough out put for just having one pickup can anyone help me decide?

Anonymous

Get the cuatom, you acn allways get more gain. You can’t save a shitty pickup.

Anonymous

I have an Invader in my Jackson professionnal, and i actually love the clean sound, it rings beautifully and sounds deep, and rich. I don’t know why, but with distortion, it lacks the craziness of my other guitar, Jackson with Trembucker, but that one doesn’t have a great clean sound. I don’t know about that other pickup you mention.

Anonymous

I have an Aria PE6-60. Anyone got an idea of what I could get for it on EBAY?

Anonymous

: I have an Aria PE6-60. Anyone got an idea of what I could get for it on EBAY? swap it for a cow and two magic beans

Anonymous

Does anyone have any experience with the Digitech RP-14d FX pedal? I love the FX but the amp modeling is only useful sometimes. It looks like you can’t use one w/o the other? Does anyone use the Roland GR-33? Is it possible to use it as a multitimbral sound module like the Gr-01? I use it with a Midi sequencer but it seems like you can only play one part at a time. That kinda sucks for computer recording.

Anonymous

yo i wanted to ask you guys a quick quenstion, i’v been playin guitar about 2 years now and i’v done every thing from u2 to mudvayne and now its just gettin boring, i wanted to get in too jazz, i always wanted to do jazz, its just i had no one to influence me. any way im ask all you good people mabe for good song to download. any song, i would be most gratefull. oh did you ever have the same kind of problem (you know tryin to get intoo different styles of music)

Anonymous

First, if you don’t yet have it get the software package CD Looper/ MP3 Looper to slow these things down and keep the same pitch. It’s wonderful! A few of the best Jazz Guitarists. George Benson is the badest; Pat Martino is also one of my favorites! His old quartet records are old style jazz and he has plenty of modern jazz. I tried to break it up a bit. You may want to inch your way in with more pop jazz. Lee Ritnour is a major figure in more of a pop Jazz style (Also Larry Carlton) and has received at least half a dozen Grammies. Old Jazz: Pat Martino, George Benson, Joe Pass, Jim Hall, … Modern Jazz: George Benson,Paul Jackson Jr., Norman Brown, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritnour, Pat Metheney, Chuck Lobe, The Rippintons Russ Freeman, . etc. Good luck. If you like rock/jazz/fusion Michel Cusson of UZEB is bad, bad, bad. He works with Alain CORON the bass player. (Canadians)

Anonymous

George Benson is the badest; His old quartet records are old style jazz and he has plenty of modern jazz.

Anonymous

Check out : http://www.tdpri.com/, there are some great jazz players on that board and they can probally point you in the right direction to ‘influnces’ (and mp3’s) of different styles, also check out: http://guitar-primer.com/Charts/index2.html, it has most of the ‘classics’. : yo i wanted to ask you guys a quick quenstion, i’v been playin guitar about 2 years now and i’v done every thing from u2 to mudvayne and now its just gettin boring, i wanted to get in too jazz, i always wanted to do jazz, its just i had no one to influence me. any way im ask all you good people mabe for good song to download. any song, i would be most gratefull. oh did you ever have the same kind of problem (you know tryin to get intoo different styles of music)

Anonymous

Hi, I’ve just started a new forum for all the ibanez users here. This is the link: http://members.lycos.nl/ibanezforum/phpBB2/index.php The chat doesn’t work yet. But I’m working. Thanks Peter

Anonymous

Which are the differences between a epi g-400 (that i bought last mounth and sounds really good) and the epiphone g-400? I thought that the epiphone one is better than the epi…but the epi is really good…please help me to understand!

Anonymous

Meazzi Amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : Meazzi Amp

Anonymous

i have just re-strung my guitar with a full set of strings but for some reason the bridge has risen and made the strings about 2 inches from the fretboard and made it impossible to play anyone know how to make it go back down and stay down thanks

Anonymous

Are they heavier gauge strings ??? Ya probally gotta adjust/add springs…. check out: http://www.homeguitarrepair.com/tremolo/tremolo1.html it’s a pretty good ‘guide’ for setting up/adjusting a floyd. : i have just re-strung my guitar with a full set of strings but for some reason the bridge has risen and made the strings about 2 inches from the fretboard and made it impossible to play anyone know how to make it go back down and stay down thanks

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can download the chords to the alan jackson song "…. that september day" I’d greatly appreciate it.

Anonymous

try: http://www.roughstock.com/cowpie/, it’s a country site w/tab/ : Does anyone know where I can download the chords to the alan jackson song "…. that september day" : I’d greatly appreciate it.

Anonymous

Hi, somebody could please help me on how to find a good setting (I mean the values of each pattern) to create a good distortion sound Van Halen or Steve Vai like with my Rocktron_Chameleon?Thank you so much for your attention!

Anonymous

If you have any Jazz or theory related questions let me know!!all i ask is to check my E-bay auctions i will be specializing in Jazz guitar related items.there will be much more items later this summer/fall.my id is: ksyblues

Anonymous

I bought a Kramer The DUKE bass guitar. The model number is B1734. Is there a way I can find out the history of this guitar????? Is there a website????

Anonymous

can you tell me about a left handed vox bass guitar short scale its got corrax jack plug on the ash try its got vox pat no but no number but on the back of the neck it.s got the number 71204 front vox clubmam bass jmi dartford kent it.s red whith a white scrach plate it.s a dream to play

Anonymous

can you tell me about a left handed vox bass guitar short scale its got corrax jack plug on the ash try its got vox pat no but no number but on the back of the neck it.s got the number 71204 front vox clubmam bass jmi dartford kent it.s red whith a white scrach plate it.s a dream to play

Anonymous

Anonymous

I have a 68 or 69 gretsch chet atkins countyr gentleman. It is in mint condition. I was wondering what it’s worth. Would someone email me an answer. Thanks a bunch

Anonymous

: : I have a 68 or 69 gretsch chet atkins countyr gentleman. It is in mint condition. I was wondering what it’s worth. Would someone email me an answer. Thanks a bunch : Depends on conditions…If the guitar has lived in an area with high humidity, not as much as when it lived in an area with low humidity with a humidifier in the case/body. : The difference is whether or not the pick-ups are still good and the body has not gots cracks. : I would suggest that you get it appraised and insured. If MINT, likely over 2k USD, if not, who knows. It is mint all hardware is gold everything works like new

Anonymous

: : I have a 68 or 69 gretsch chet atkins countyr gentleman. It is in mint condition. I was wondering what it’s worth. Would someone email me an answer. Thanks a bunch : Depends on conditions…If the guitar has lived in an area with high humidity, not as much as when it lived in an area with low humidity with a humidifier in the case/body. : The difference is whether or not the pick-ups are still good and the body has not gots cracks. : I would suggest that you get it appraised and insured. If MINT, likely over 2k USD, if not, who knows.

Anonymous

I have a 1950 to 1960 Medody Maker guitar. Where could I find out the approximate value of the unit? I would say it’s in fair to good condition. Plays great. Thanks Rolie

Anonymous

: I have a 1950 to 1960 Medody Maker guitar. Where could I find out the approximate value of the unit? I would say it’s in fair to good condition. Plays great. : Thanks : Rolie i have recently required a melody maker with original case in near perfect condition, both pots and serial number date guitar to 1961, (first year made with a double cut body) first melody maker was 1959 incidentaly. I bought it in west end of ondon (alllow inflated price) at £1195 please get in touch with any other questions

Anonymous

Could someone please tell me where I can find shadows and hank marvin guitar tabs to download????

Anonymous

: Could someone please tell me where I can find shadows and hank marvin guitar tabs to download????

Anonymous

: : Could someone please tell me where I can find shadows and hank marvin guitar tabs to download????

Anonymous

: : : Could someone please tell me where I can find shadows and hank marvin guitar tabs for tekila

Anonymous

I have a strat and when I tune it to A440 the bridge gets pulled up a bit making the action worse, there is nothing in the whammy bar hole, is this normal?

Anonymous

: I have a strat and when I tune it to A440 the bridge gets pulled up a bit making the action worse, there is nothing in the whammy bar hole, is this normal? Pretty normal for a Strat. You can either change to a lighter guage of strings, or buy a pack of replacement springs for about $10.00. If your Strat is stock (and a Fender), it came with three springs, but you can add a few more. Cheers

Anonymous

FT-135 Epiphone Acoustic Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : FT-135 Epiphone Acoustic Guitar

Anonymous

Guild D35

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guild D35

Anonymous

kiso suzuki

This popular thread has been given its own page : kiso suzuki

Anonymous

If you would like to fingerpick the banjo as a second instrument, consider the TENOR banjo, retuned to open G tuning DGdg. Due to the regular bass-to-treble order of strings it is lot easier to transfer fingerpicking patterns from guitar to tenor banjo than to the 5-string. You can play Travis style, Scruggs style, old-time and more on tenor banjo. Look at my page for tips and tabs. http://www.geocities.com/patekstylebanjo

Anonymous

I recently started learning how to play. I got a Applause AE28 guitar because I was told it was a good beginners guitar. I was wondering if anyone has used this guitar and knows anything about it. I’m wondering if the action is too high I and if I should take it in to be set up. Thanks

Anonymous

I have an applause AE-28 and like the string action. I like the entire guitar. It’s number six in my collection and right now it’s the most played of all of them. The others are a strat, a les paul, and ibanez, a fender dobro, and an applause AE48. I think the AE28 has incredible sound. I have daddarrio exp16 stings on it and they make it sound great. : I recently started learning how to play. I got a Applause AE28 guitar because I was told it was a good beginners guitar. I was wondering if anyone has used this guitar and knows anything about it. I’m wondering if the action is too high I and if I should take it in to be set up. : Thanks

Anonymous

q

Anonymous

Found a site with schematics for a number of KMD products. http://WWW.schematicconnection.com. Give it a shot.

Anonymous

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? I’VE GOT ONE, AND IT ROCKS. INTERESTING, AND UNCONVENTIONAL PRE/POWER AMP SET UP, AS THE POWER AMP IS TUBE, NOT THE PRE!? Not as warm as Marshall, Orange et al, but with a solid punchy bass tone. Very reliable amp.

Anonymous

: q

Anonymous

hello I have Kmd xv50d guitar amp. I need shematics (which tubes ý must use) thanks

Anonymous

Is the Elliot Eastern model synchromatic as good as I’ve heard, they look hot but they aren’t the pro model & they are cheap in comparison. They havn’t gotten to Australia yet.

Anonymous

I have been looking for months for the chord changes to Sabor a Mi. If anyone can email the chords with the lyrics I would sure appreciate it. I am a broke student who can’t buy the latin fake book that has the song in it. $35.00! Can anyone email it to me? Thanks for the help!!!!

Anonymous

Where can I get info on the 12 year old rock guitarist?

Anonymous

Viewing 222 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.