Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – May, 2002

Viewing 279 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

just had a look in the back of my mod 6 coz the battery had got loose and found a twin wire free from it joint….but which one…it is in a black sleeve with a black and green wire which go to the lower switch and pot….the red and white wires are soldered together but i cant tell where they come from…anyone have an idea…chris

Anonymous

I’m looking for a good acoustic (in the sub-$1,000 range) to learn fingerstyle and I’ve checked out the Martin 00-15, 000-15, D15, but today I played a Tacoma DM-9 and was really impressed with the sound this guitar produced at it’s price, and thought it sounded better than the Martins mentioned above. Also, I was told by a salesman that the Tacoma’s neck is bolted in as opposed to the Martin’s neck being glued in (I think I understood him to say that), and if the neck on the D series Martins ever had to be replaced, it would be very costly. What’s the general consensus here about Tacoma’s or the DM-9, in particular. Thanks.

Anonymous

I have a DM10 and this guitar sounds incredible bare fingerpicking, same thing here when I bought it, I tried many and always came back to this one, and the price made it that much sweeter. : I’m looking for a good acoustic (in the sub-$1,000 range) to learn fingerstyle and I’ve checked out the Martin 00-15, 000-15, D15, but today I played a Tacoma DM-9 and was really impressed with the sound this guitar produced at it’s price, and thought it sounded better than the Martins mentioned above. Also, I was told by a salesman that the Tacoma’s neck is bolted in as opposed to the Martin’s neck being glued in (I think I understood him to say that), and if the neck on the D series Martins ever had to be replaced, it would be very costly. What’s the general consensus here about Tacoma’s or the DM-9, in particular. Thanks.

Anonymous

i can play alittle but a wanna learn how to play better

Anonymous

maybe take some lessons/play with someone. : i can play alittle but a wanna learn how to play better

Anonymous

go to http://www.guitartricks.com (free lessons and tricks), listen to jason becker, play all the time, and youl be awsome

Anonymous

The Alchemist "Songs from the Westside" featuring Glenn Hughes (lead vocals) (Deep Purple / Black Sabbath) Tim Pierce (guitars) (Toy Matinee, Roger Waters, Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Bon Jovi, Goo Goo Dolls) Ian Crichton (guitars) (Saga) Carl Kennedy (drums / percussion / keyboards) (Greg Lake) The Alchemist is the brainchild of composer/producer/multi-instrumentalist Carl Kennedy, who most recently was the drummer in the Greg Lake band. "Westside" is a collection of well crafted songs that blend intricate tribal rhythms with guitar driven passion, delivering powerful blued-eyed soul ballads. Comparisons to Traffic, King Crimson, Seal, Sade, and Sting come to mind. MP3 Samples at http://www.mkcdstore.com U.S. Street Date: June 18, 2002 Label: LedSled Catalog Number: LS6969 Track Listing: Westside Taboo Right Before My Eyes ‘Til the End Full Moon Rising Fools at the Wheel Right Before My Eyes (instrumental) (Individuals can purchase the CD at http://www.mkcdstore.com) For sales (retailers and wholesalers), licensing, press, radio, and other pertinent information, please contact: Steve Brownlee c/o M&K Sound Entertainment 9351 Deering Ave. Chatsworth, CA 91311 USA (818) 701-7010 ext. 49 (818) 701-0369 [email protected] Joshua Perahia Something to Say (MK20016-2) M&K Sound Entertainment has just released the latest album and back catalogue by the popular AOR/melodic rock recording artists JOSHUA PERAHIA (formerly JOSHUA). These titles can be ordered direct from M&K Sound as well as The Alchemist (featuring Glenn Hughes with members of Saga and Toy Matinee), Jesse Damon’s new solo album (Silent Rage lead vocalist), and the Max Weinberg 7 (drummer for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band). "Something to Say" is the band’s 6th release (their catalog includes a #1 hit in Japan "November is Going Away" and gold records in 11 countries! This album is already receiving rave reviews from around the world (several magazines have called it the best hard rock album of the year!) The album was produced by the world renowned Keith Olsen (Fleetwood Mac, Scorpions, Heart, Santana). The CD features guitar legend Joshua Perahia, Alex Ligertwood of Santana on vocals on four songs (aside from 8 tracks featuring ex-Tower vocalist Jerry Gabriel), including the single "Remembering You". Jason Scheff of Chicago and Rick Baker of Santana are also featured performers on both versions. This is a fantastic melodic hard rock album, reminiscent of the classic sounds of Journey, Humble Pie, Whitesnake, Black Crowes,etc……..and a MUST for all guitar virtuoso fans! Read the reviews (can be faxed or e-mailed to you upon request) and you’ll see why this is one of the MUST HAVE albums of the year! We plan aggressive radio, press, and retail campaigns. For more details go to: http://www.joshuaperahia.com For retail, wholesale, press, and radio inquiries, contact: Steve Brownlee M&K Sound Entertainment 9351 Deering Ave. Chatsworth, CA 91311 USA PH: (818) 701-7010 FX: (818) 701-0369 [email protected]

Anonymous

circuit diagram for Ibanez TR Series electric guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : circuit diagram for Ibanez TR Series electric guitar

Anonymous

Mosrite Hollow Body Red

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mosrite Hollow Body Red

Anonymous

Kay Force3 acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Kay Force3 acoustic

Anonymous

iwant to wire foot switch to go from amp speaker cut off and then go to talk box

Anonymous

He does anyone have any tips on how i should clean the fretboard of my flying V. I believe it is rosewood… and moreand more finger residue is getting stuckto it … how to get it of and keep the board in shape?

Anonymous

When changing strings I just use a toothbrush to get the ‘big gunk’ off and then just use lemon oil conditioner to ‘fine’ clean, and as a not too much lemon oil too often I hear can cause problems with inlays and stuff, I’ve never had a problem though so just go easy with the stuff and wipe off any excess… pledge also works fine too. While the strings are on I try to always wipe down the neck and strings after playing. : He does anyone have any tips on how i should clean the fretboard of my flying V. I believe it is rosewood… and moreand more finger residue is getting stuckto it … how to get it of and keep the board in shape?

Anonymous

It sounds good, it feels good but the idiot before me messed its paint all up. It used to be in some "natural" finish but the man repainted it in "arctic". His painting though was very crappy (I think he used a brush) and doesn’t look any good plus it is getting off the guitar (which doesn’t look even bad). I decided to repaint it in chrome or dark blue (good colors for my progressive metal) but repainting only the body would look bad (having a shiney body with crappy-looking neck… uuggh) so I need some help on repainting it mostly. … The frets cannot be taken off so have this in mind.

Anonymous

On the plus side there are some excellent sites detailing refinishing… so just search around and I’am sure you will find all the info you need (try: http://www.flash.net/~guitars/index.html to start)… on the minus side it can be alot of work, and if you don’t have access to a good spray gun check out the spray cans from ReRanch, I’ve used their stuff and think it’s the best around (from a can)… so do some research and then have some fun !!! : It sounds good, it feels good but the idiot before me messed its paint all up. : It used to be in some "natural" finish but the man repainted it in "arctic". His painting though was very crappy (I think he used a brush) and doesn’t look any good plus it is getting off the guitar (which doesn’t look even bad). I decided to repaint it in chrome or dark blue (good colors for my progressive metal) but repainting only the body would look bad (having a shiney body with crappy-looking neck… uuggh) so I need some help on repainting it mostly. : … : The frets cannot be taken off so have this in mind.

Anonymous

how many strings are on a spanish guitar?

Anonymous

A spanish guitar is pretty much the same as an acoustic guitar. It can have 6, 4, or up to 12/

Anonymous

guitar usually implies 6 strings

Anonymous

doce 🙂 : how many strings are on a spanish guitar?

Anonymous

hEy! ok i am looking for anything that could make teaching myself guitar less hard. i mean like websites, steps u have taken i need it all! right now i’m sorta just messing with the strings making little tunes that when i go to play i can’t remember i’m in need that bad! i am also looking into writing music any advice would be so kick! well thanx catch ya on the flippside! sarah kelly -15 *canada*

Anonymous

I taught myself at age 54 and I did it this way: I bought a chord book, an eletronic tuner, a fisful of picks, and got some songs off the net with guitar chords on them. I started out learning to make the major chords sound clear. I learned A, G, D and E and F and then set out to play songs using A,G, and D (these three chords are used together in a ton of songs) I practise about 45 minutes three times a week minimum and usually run throught the same three songs for a week and then add a song, I enjoy playing basic songs and simple stuff and play along with my wife as she plays keyboard and sings. A Capo also helps, for instance if you capo the third fret and play G, it becomes Bb I think. The capo allows you to strum one chord open and then you just play two chords in a three chord song. I hope this helps and encourages you to continue and make progress. : hEy! ok i am looking for anything that could make teaching myself guitar less hard. i mean like websites, steps u have taken i need it all! right now i’m sorta just messing with the strings making little tunes that when i go to play i can’t remember i’m in need that bad! i am also looking into writing music any advice would be so kick! : well thanx catch ya on the flippside! : sarah kelly -15 *canada*

Anonymous

Sarah, Hi, my name is Fred and I have been playing for over 30 years. I am currently teaching guitar at JW Music Studio in Carlisle, PA. Lessons with a good teacher is the best way to learn. However, if you don’t have the money for a teacher, look into the videos from Hotlicks.com and there is another video company. Go to JKlutherie.com. They have all manner of videos and books to help you. Remember, you must practice every day!!! Good luck and enjoy the guitar. It is a wonderful and expressive instrument.

Anonymous

Sarah, Hi, my name is Fred and I have been playing for over 30 years. I am currently teaching guitar at JW Music Studio in Carlisle, PA. Lessons with a good teacher is the best way to learn. However, if you don’t have the money for a teacher, look into the videos from Hotlicks.com and there is another video company. Go to JKlutherie.com. They have all manner of videos and books to help you. Remember, you must practice every day!!! Good luck and enjoy the guitar. It is a wonderful and expressive instrument.

Anonymous

right well first of all, and this is a major, u should really ask yourself what sort of music do i wanna play, i started like a year ago now n i good at playin im not a master or anything but its my favourite passtime now, anyway i started cos i wanted to b able to play like tom ou of blink 182 and i wanted to play punk music! if thats the case with you or u wanna play rock whatever, i think u shud start by concentratin on riffs which are little tunes u make up yourself whatever but it helps u to practise ur stretchin n shit, u get people sayin u shud learn the acoustic chords first but thats only right if u anna play acoustic shit, so as i say practise ur riffs for a bit every day alot! then once u think ur ready to start playin the good stuff i suggest u try this website http://www.tabcrawler.com i think if u wanna start with sum easy stuff (no solos or hard chords) u shud practise sum blink 182, nickleback, or sum 41 or new found glory or summat, they sorta revolve round powerchords which i found hard to play u know to stretch at first but its the same crap u jus gotta practise n itl cum theres no short cut or owt but if u stick with it its great dude i love it…i hope this helped!

Anonymous

you fool! the guitar isnt to be learnt, you either have it or you dont and you obviously dont. ive been playin for a band for 13 years now and weve been waitin to get our recording contract. it just sickens me to sewe little punks like you who thjink you can just waltz along and be the best.

Anonymous

to be learnt? what is that? What’s your bands name? I’d love to try and find your music. And, maybe, if you guys have been around for 13 years looking for a contract, maybe you guys aren’t good. Ever think of that? And, why yell at this person? They wanna play the guitar. You should encourage them idiot. So, you AUTOMATICALLY "had it" when you picked up a guitar and started jamming? I HIGHLY doubt it.

Anonymous

i think you have serious issues steve. she is obviously keen to learn and all u do is put her down. your a fucking peice of shit!!! i hope i meet you one day so i can spit on your face you kike. and if your band has been going for 13 years and no one has signed you then mabey your just a shit cunt and your the one who dosent have it.

Anonymous

I hope that steve kicks your ass you ignorant bastard. Don’t go on a public site and start calling people kikes. Instead of getting your point across and maybe actually getting steve to listen to you, you’re just offending people and making yourself look like a jackass as well.

Anonymous

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~desmith/guitar/acoustic/index.html You don’t say what type of music you’re looking to play, or what style you’re looking to learn. If you’re trying to learn to play an acoustic this is a good site to try. (It will also help with the basics of playing electric guitar)

Anonymous

Which was actually whan I started playing guitar. At the moment I play early Helloween’s solos without any effort. First of all GET SERIOUS! Only that way you can get good. For that purpose get an idol. He must be very good, almost unreachable… Mine was Ajren A. Luccansen [Ayreon]. I was floored by Ayreon-Chaos. And I said to myself : "I’m gonna play that one day". And I do now. AFTERwise go to a good guitar site. let’s say… http://WWW.INSANEGUITAR.NET that’s a good one. In order to rearrange your fingers faster learn a metallica song (why not Enter sandman, it has quite a lot of excersise) and some chord-ballad (Helloween-A Tale That Wasn’t Right was my first one). That should cover most of it. It’s cool seeing guitarist like you’ve been, you know?

Anonymous

I’m looking for gutair tabs to the song "Epiphany" by Staind. I’ve looked at a couple sights but I can’t find them. Does anyone have them??

Anonymous

: I’m looking for gutair tabs to the song "Epiphany" by Staind. I’ve looked at a couple sights but I can’t find them. Does anyone have them??…You can find that at http://www.donnybravos.com

Anonymous

hey, i’m looking for "everthing sucks" by reel big fish. i can’t find any site that has it.

Anonymous

I’m looking for gutair tabs to the song "Epiphany" by Staind. I’ve looked at a couple sights but I can’t find them. Does anyone have them??

Anonymous

if ur looking for any tabs i found a great site go to OLGA.com or .org im not sure which but the site is there if its not go to yahoo.com and serch it it will be there……. Good luck Rock on and bring peach where and when we need it

Anonymous

if ur looking for any tabs i found a great site go to OLGA.com or .org im not sure which but the site is there if its not go to yahoo.com and serch it it will be there……. Good luck Rock on and bring peach where and when we need it

Anonymous

looking for tabs for weezers "say it ant so"

Anonymous

: I’m looking for gutair tabs to the band red hot chili peppers. I’ve looked at a couple sights but I can’t find them. Does anyone have them??

Anonymous

: I’m looking for gutair tabs to the song "Epiphany" by Staind. I’ve looked at a couple sights but I can’t find them. Does anyone have them??

Anonymous

: I’m looking for gutair tabs to the song "Epiphany" by Staind. I’ve looked at a couple sights but I can’t find them. Does anyone have them??

Anonymous

tabcrawler.com

Anonymous

The Martin Sigma Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : The Martin Sigma Guitar

Anonymous

Could some body please help me,i know nothing about guitars,but my dad has asked me to check up on the martin sigma D-19 guitar for him. He has seen one for sale in a shop and needs to know when these guitars were stopped being produced in asia. Any information on this particular make and model of guitar would be helpful. Thank you, Adam

Anonymous

Can anybody help ? im looking for a quality power amp tfor my sansamp gt2 pre amp, it does not have to be loud, but i would like a totally neutral sound. cheers.

Anonymous

Pretty much every amp can have a neutral sound, just depends on how you set it. I do fine with a Univox, and it doesn’t even have effects selection. You want LOUD then I’d suggest Pervey, Univox, and definitely, Marshall. I’d definitely go with Marshalls, because they are so much more flexible as to what they have and what you can add on to them.

Anonymous

alesis RA-150 all the way

Anonymous

I’ve heard this wear out incredibly fast. What would be the best brand to replace it with?

Anonymous

I just get replacements from digikey or mcmaster catalogs, as long as they are all copper and gold/silver plated they hold up fine… and they are about 1/4 (or less) the cost of buying from a store. : : I’ve heard this wear out incredibly fast. What would be the best brand to replace it with?

Anonymous

I’m doing a physics project on multi effects processors and guitar pedals. Could you direct me to some sites which explain how these work? Or could you tell me how they work?

Anonymous

Hi, I heard this song and I really like it and would like to know the title. And, if possible, could someone direct me to a website where I can learn how to play it? Here is a (very bad) recording of me playing part of the song… leastways, what I can remember of it. It’s just a short clip, only about 100kb I think… and http://www.geocities.com/faiere_girl/guitar.mp3

Anonymous

A friend of mine just gave me his old guitar and I would like to know how much it is worth. It’s a Cordova guitar, model # WL010, serial # 64162 made in West Germany. I am not sure how old the guitar is but what I know is that he bought it used in 1974. Can you help find out or tell me what I should do to find out? Thanks for your help, Hakim Kassam [email protected] 303.956.7378

Anonymous

: A friend of mine just gave me his old guitar and I would like to know how much it is worth. : : It’s a Cordova guitar, model # WL010, serial # 64162 made in West Germany. : : I am not sure how old the guitar is but what I know is that he bought it used in 1974. : : Can you help find out or tell me what I should do to find out? : : Thanks for your help, : : Hakim Kassam : [email protected] : 303.956.7378 Hakim, I’m sorry, but I have no information for you. I am actually looking for some information regarding a Cordova guitar myself. If anyone does contact you with information, I would love to have their email address. I am having an extrememly hard time trying to identify this guitar. I am having a hard time reading the handwriting, but I think the model# is WC70 or WC 10, and the serial# is 63167 or 63M7. Thank you so much for any help you can give me. Thanks, Carrie Smither

Anonymous

I would like to have honest opinion on Seymour Duncan Hot Stack P.U. for middle and neck.

Anonymous

about Jason Becker's equipment

This popular thread has been given its own page : about Jason Becker’s equipment

Anonymous

in the June edition of Guitar World magazine, they have an article on trey anastasio. On the first page of the interwiew, they have a picture of him playing a really sweet guitar. Can u pleeze tell what it is? thanx

Anonymous

The August 2000 issue of Guitar Player magazine has Trey Anastasio on the cover. On page 95 they ask him about the guitar. He says "It’s a small archtop built by Paul Languedoc, our soundman. It’s totally hollow-no wood block-and very rsonant. It has a handcarved koa body, two hot-rodded Schaller pickups, 24 frets, and a Strat string scale". The article also shows a detailed drawing of his stage rig.

Anonymous

hollow body f-holes single cutaway sharp point not round serial # 1805182 vox/thomas organ comp sepulveda california anyone have any info or price on this guitar excellent condition

Anonymous

: hollow body f-holes single cutaway sharp point not round serial # 1805182 vox/thomas organ comp sepulveda california anyone have any info or price on this guitar excellent condition

Anonymous

: : hollow body f-holes single cutaway sharp point not round serial # 1805031 vox/thomas organ comp sepulveda california anyone have any info or price on this guitar excellent condition

Anonymous

My father purchased this sunburst guitar for me in 1961 or 1962. It is all original except for the strings. It has been played only 3 hours in the past thirty years and I still have the original case. I am interested in selling the guitar.

Anonymous

: My father purchased this sunburst guitar for me in 1961 or 1962. It is all original except for the strings. It has been played only 3 hours in the past thirty years and I still have the original case. I am interested in selling the guitar.

Anonymous

: : My father purchased this sunburst guitar for me in 1961 or 1962. It is all original except for the strings. It has been played only 3 hours in the past thirty years and I still have the original case. I am interested in selling the guitar. My neighbor just sold a 57 for $13,000 with case and little book. broken tremelo. Guitar Center can offer quote, Guitar shows you may get numerous bids….beware the rip offs…you have something better than wall street stock!

Anonymous

Hello everyoe, I am wondering what is the best guitar manufacturer? I want to learn how to play and I would just like to know. If anyone knows any good places in Pennsylvania please tell me. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

: Hello everyoe, : I am wondering what is the best guitar manufacturer? I want to learn how to play and I would just like to know. If anyone knows any good places in Pennsylvania please tell me. Thanks so much! An impossible question to really answer. There are a lot of good manufacturers around. You usually can’t go to far wrong with a well-known brand, but the best advice I can give you is to start off with a reasonably priced guitar, and when you get better you’ll know what you like and what to look for. As a builder, I was never truly satisfied with factory made guitars, although a lot of them are quite good. Just keep in mind that some are priced higher for a good reason and some are not. Good luck, Bill Wilkat Guitars http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

Anonymous

I have played bass guitar for about a year and a-half, now I’m taking up electric guitar, and I’m having problems with chords. I mean I can play power chords and am pretty fast, but the chords (esp. bar chords) are giving me problems. So I bought a finger gripping exerciser and I’m curious how much this will really help with chords. I keep muting strings that arn’t supposed to be muted. I really want to learn to play but I’m kinda frustrated. Thanks

Anonymous

It usually takes most people a little while (and alot of frustration) to get barre chords ‘clean’, the gripper can’t hurt, but I would think playing bass would have your hands in pretty good shape… just keep at it and have someone take a look at how you are playing to see if you are doing anything ‘odd’ and show you how they do it… good luck. : : I have played bass guitar for about a year and a-half, now I’m taking up electric guitar, and I’m having problems with chords. I mean I can play power chords and am pretty fast, but the chords (esp. bar chords) are giving me problems. So I bought a finger gripping exerciser and I’m curious how much this will really help with chords. I keep muting strings that arn’t supposed to be muted. I really want to learn to play but I’m kinda frustrated. Thanks

Anonymous

1970 Garcia Classical guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1970 Garcia Classical guitar

Anonymous

I am the original owner of two 12 strings, one Takamine EF381C (my black Tak) purchased in 1993 and a Yamaki AY472S (solid top) purchased in 1978. Due to illness, I am selling both but I don’t know what type of wood the Yamaki is in order to describe it correctly. Is there some data base where I can look up this information? Or maybe there happens to be a walking Yamaki encyclopedia readings this! Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

: I am the original owner of two 12 strings, one Takamine EF381C (my black Tak) purchased in 1993 and a Yamaki AY472S (solid top) purchased in 1978. Due to illness, I am selling both but I don’t know what type of wood the Yamaki is in order to describe it correctly. Is there some data base where I can look up this information? Or maybe there happens to be a walking/talking Yamaki encyclopedia reading this! Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

: : I am the original owner of two 12 strings, one Takamine EF381C (my black Tak) purchased in 1993 and a Yamaki AY472S (solid top) purchased in 1978. Due to illness, I am selling both but I don’t know what type of wood the Yamaki is in order to describe it correctly. Is there some data base where I can look up this information? Or maybe there happens to be a walking/talking Yamaki encyclopedia reading this! Any help would be appreciated. I puchased the AY472S originally and have to correct r.harvey on the top material. It is not spruce but is a solid cedar top which gives the Yamaki it’s wonderful sound. My music instructor said I should never sell this guitar, but am finally selling due to arthritis preventing me from playing it properly.

Anonymous

Hi, If this Yamaki is still for sale, please e-mail me at: [email protected] Thanks, Nick

Anonymous

I don’t know much about Them but I have a Yamaki AY472S as well (inherited it from a school basement.) The top on this one is a very tight grained spruce (stained to darken it). The sides and back are Indian Rosewood and the Neck is mahogany

Anonymous

I purchased my Ibanez GRX40 Around Christmas this last year, But really didnt know what kind of music I wanted to play. Im now posotive I want to learn Country Music, but how is the GRX40 for learning this style ??

Anonymous

sell it, buy a acustic

Anonymous

sell it, buy a acustic

Anonymous

: I purchased my Ibanez GRX40 Around Christmas this last year, But really didnt know what kind of music I wanted to play. Im now posotive I want to learn Country Music, but how is the GRX40 for learning this style ??……..the GRX40 is an excellent guitar for the money and is great for any style of music.

Anonymous

Anyone played or own a Les Paul Standard?

Anonymous

: Anyone played or own a Les Paul Standard? i do why you have a question feel free to email me

Anonymous

Does anyone else think fender should make a strat with a gibson scale length and 3 p90s .Also Epiphone should make an rd artist at a affordable price for us financialy challenged students.

Anonymous

Nope : Does anyone else think fender should make a strat with a gibson scale length and 3 p90s .Also Epiphone should make an rd artist at a affordable price for us financialy challenged students.

Anonymous

Hey!Does anyone know where I could find a Starcaster in good playing condition and for a reasonable price. Please mail me!

Anonymous

ebay… look around there : Hey!Does anyone know where I could find a Starcaster in good playing condition and for a reasonable price. : Please mail me!

Anonymous

I keep forgetting to mention this in my column for the GNW. Check out the new guitar that a neighbour of mine MADE me! http://Lorange.Kirk.net/index_kirk_pic2.html Cheers, Kirk

Anonymous

HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much!

Anonymous

hey i found a site with a picture on how to play the cord: http://www.guitarz.com/chords2.html hope that helps : HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much!

Anonymous
        Anonymous

: HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much! I think, it means C 9 (with added 9). But you needn’t allways play the stated accords, e.g. yould could try C-E (kvinta with 2 fingers)and with 3. finger try D (c-d-e-f-g-a-h-c-d = 1-2,….,9) Stefan

Anonymous

: Hello: I can`t play Cadd9, D/F#, G/B notes, please send all the new notes to ymy mai.

Anonymous

Hello: I can`t play Cadd9, D/F#, G/B notes, please could you send all these notes to my email.

Anonymous

C(add9): most common voicings (I think at least): string(low-high) – fret: E – x or x or x A – 3 7 x D – 2 x 10 G – open 7 12 B – 3 8 13 E – open 8 10 Or barred at the 3rd fret: E – x A – 3 D – 5 G – 5 B – 3 E – 3 : : HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much! : I think, it means C 9 (with added 9). But you needn’t allways play the stated accords, e.g. yould could try C-E (kvinta with 2 fingers)and with 3. finger try D (c-d-e-f-g-a-h-c-d = 1-2,….,9) : Stefan

Anonymous

Didn’t display like I typed it, the first part show 3 voicings.. I’ll try again!!!! : C(add9): most common voicings (I think at least): : string(low-high) – fret: : E – x……..or..x….or..x : A – 3…………7……. x : D – 2…………x…….10 : G – open………7…….12 : B – 3…………8…….13 : E – open………8…….10 : Or barred at the 3rd fret: : E – x : A – 3 : D – 5 : G – 5 : B – 3 : E – 3 : : : : HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much! : : I think, it means C 9 (with added 9). But you needn’t allways play the stated accords, e.g. yould could try C-E (kvinta with 2 fingers)and with 3. finger try D (c-d-e-f-g-a-h-c-d = 1-2,….,9) : : Stefan

Anonymous

OMG U are the greatest! U are like my "Hero of the Day!!" I understand now! Thank U so much! By the way.. U have like the absolute most coolest name ever!

Anonymous

Glad you got it.. and I thought of the name all by my self!!! : OMG U are the greatest! U are like my "Hero of the Day!!" I understand now! Thank U so much! By the way.. U have like the absolute most coolest name ever!

Anonymous

Um.. still confused!!!!!

Anonymous

I own a BX100 bass amp. A few days ago I was at band practice with my friends and my amp was making weird sounds (kinda liek when yer guitar cable is loose) I didn’t think anything of it so i kept playing. Finally tyhe amp gacve in and it didnt make any sound. i checked the fuse and it was fine. Is there two fuses? What shall I do i ahve a show ina few weeks and i need to fix it soon! Someone please help me! Email me with help cause i doubt i’ll ever come back to this site again.

Anonymous

Anyone knows of a real nice sounding vertical (single coil format) humbucker? I’ve tried Di Marzio Virtual Vintage, Blues and 54 and found them harsh and lifeless, Seymour Duncan Little 59 dull, Vintage Rails not too bad but a little sterile, Cool Rails middly, Hot Rails not clean enough, Bill Lawrence BL-250 no expressive enough. I like Fender 54’s, but don’t like the noise (and their noiseless pick-ups neither)

Anonymous

marlin guitars?

This popular thread has been given its own page : marlin guitars?

Anonymous

Anyone rate them ?

Anonymous

I was going to buy a Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55 when I plugged into a Valvestate2000 AVT 100 and nearly wet myself it was that good. I bought it straight away.

Anonymous

I agree, the vs2000 avt sounds great!!! : I was going to buy a Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55 when I plugged into a Valvestate2000 AVT 100 and nearly wet myself it was that good. I bought it straight away.

Anonymous

I purchased the AVT150 VS2000 and it is pretty (Cartman)sweet.

Anonymous

guitar acords for sheryl crow and lonestar

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar acords for sheryl crow and lonestar

Anonymous

I have grandfather’s guitar- Kay model K-6103-Sunburst-Double pickguards-Blocked inlay starts at 3rd fret-Adjustable metal bridge-Circle"K" on head Any info will be greatly appreciated

Anonymous

The circle K logo would indicate 60’s production.

Anonymous

does anybody have plans for a gretch 6120

Anonymous

: does anybody have plans for a gretch 6120 Good luck man. I tried to find something and got no where. You’ll find that info. on arch tops hard to come by in any event. A book that will help is Bob Benedetto’s, but it’s not the same animal. I made my own version of a 6120 style, and I’m considering writing a book on how to build my version. If I can’t get it published, then perhaps I’ll make some "formal" blueprints and offer them for sale. Later, Bill http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

Anonymous

Aspri Non-electric Guitar Reverb Unit

This popular thread has been given its own page : Aspri Non-electric Guitar Reverb Unit

Anonymous

does anybody know how much money it would cost to have a humbucker pickup put into a single coil space on a fender stratocaster? please e-mail me at [email protected] if u have any info for me. thanks.

Anonymous

yo, i recently did the same, £20 for the humbucker, £10 for the new pickguard to compensate for the bigger hole 🙂

Anonymous

does anybody know how to change a pickup that had four wires to a guitar when my other guitar had one wire?if so email me at [email protected]

Anonymous

I started playing when I was aabout 15 or so. The first guitar I had was a Praire acustic, don’t have any idea who made it, I bought it for $50.00 brand new at a local music store. I played that ole thing for several years then I got a cheap amp and a Deormond (not sure about the spelling) pickup. Really thought I had something. Then I traded it off on an Ovation acustic in 1972,still have that one believe it or not!! That Ovation really had a great sound!! I havent played for around 18 years now but I have Grandchrilden that really love music so I have been thinking about doing some, real needed work on that old O, and start playing aroung home for the babbies. The thing is that I have always wanted a Martin as long as I can remember. I love the looks of the D15, and a few others, but I also love the looks and sounds of the Gibson, Guild, Takamine, Washburn,and a few others. All acustic(don’t care for elec)although I do have a Gibson Les Paul Custom, but I prefer good ole USA MADE!! Any advise you could give will be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Anonymous

You could go through that old Ovation a lot cheaper than buying a new "good" guitar. Ovations are bulletproof.

Anonymous

This really makes you money, this is the only "make money fast" thing I’ve ever done, and i’m not regretting it. Neither will you. Let me show you how this works, STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST." Now get 6 US $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the bill will not be seen through the envelope to prevent thievery. Next, place one paper in each stating the above phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a service by this. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses: #1) Vicman Garcialepe 6713 Pickering Ave Apt "C" Whittier, CA zip 90601 #2) Justin Hutchings P.O. Box 242. Hawkinsville Ga, 31036 #3) R.Anderson 6139 Loud Dr. Oscoda, Mi 48750 #4) Jared Bonneville 2711 Doverbrook Rd. Calgary AB, T2B 2L4 Canada #5) kriss wong Blk234,choa chu kang central #09-05, Singapore 680234 #6)Sean Kennedy 10530 NE 189th ST Bothell, WA 98011 STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc?.) and add YOUR Name as number 6 on the list. STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as close to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at least 200 newsgroups, message board. (I think there are close to 24,000 groups) All you need is 200, but remember, the more you post, the more money you make!- : This is perfectly legal! If you have any doubts, refer to Title 18 Sec. 1302 & 1341 of the Postal lottery laws. : Keep a copy of these steps for yourself and, whenever you need money, you can use it again, and again. : : Congratulations? THAT’S IT! All you have to do is jump to different newsgroups and post away, after you get the hang of it, and it will take about 30 seconds for each newsgroup! ** REMEMBER, THE MORE NEWSGROUPS OR MESSAGE BOARD YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU GET!!!

Anonymous

Do you know whare I can find a wiring diagram for a fender strat?

Anonymous

Because of assholes like you.

Anonymous

Hi. I was wondering if I’m going to downtune my guitar in C#, what strings I should use? At what gauge? I have a guitar with floyd rose. What are my chanses to have a good tuning stability?

Anonymous

Well, I almost always use 10’s, because I like a fatter, cooler/less twangy sound, plus I often tune down to D (or even C#). I’ve tried 9’s and 11’s for this purpose and others and found that 10’s work well, because they are fat enough for tuning low (even down to B) and they are easy to bend when tuned to E. You could always go with 11’s for a fatter sound ( think the low E gets too much bass though) or a set of 10’s with a thicker low E. As far as brand goes you should probably go with D’Addario, because they’re tighter sounding than other strings. Always avoid Ernie Ball! But remember most guitar strings come from the same factories anyhow. Floyd Rose would be the problem here…I don’t know what kind of guitar you have so guessed about the stability is useless. The best thing to do, which would cost about $80, would be to buy Sperzel’s locking tuning keys which, strangely enough, lock the strings into place to avoid slippage. If there are problems with the bridge alignment, the action or the tuning due to putting newer, thicker strings on you might want to put an extra spring in to balance the pull of the strings…or if you’re tuning down you might want to take one of the springs out. Ask someone at a guitar store if it gets to this…

Anonymous

http://www.MusicLifeOnline.com is dedicated to connecting NY bands with their fans. Giving info. on tribute, cover and original bands. Bands put your link and info for FREE. laterz

Anonymous

PLEASE DON’T SEND REPRINTS OF INFO FROM PUBLISHED GUITAR MAGAZINES. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE THAT REALLY KNOWS!!!

Anonymous

I’ve been looking forever! Isn’t there a site where you can post little audio clips? Seems like a pretty obvious idea to me.

Anonymous

First time to post in this group. Very cool site. I play G&L Invaders only, have a couple of them and am looking for another. Also looking for a Gotoh licenced floyd rose for replacement part on my number 1. If any of you guys could point me in a direction it would be great. If you are into cool guitar instrumentals check out: http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/416/the_simmons_brothers.html Peace, Mike

Anonymous

replacing gibson tuning pegs

This popular thread has been given its own page : replacing gibson tuning pegs

Anonymous

Does anybody know of any GOOD replacement pickups for the warwick fortress flasback?

Anonymous

I have an old Gibson classical guitar I can’t seem to find out what year it is the serial # is <215127> inside the sound hole it reads from top to bottom: Lyon Healy Anniversary model Style…. c-o-classic Gibson…. Guitar number…. 215127 Can anyone help me?

Anonymous

I have an acoustic amp and I was wandering if it would be possible to hook it up with a pedal and then to an electric guitar to create distortion. Are they compatible that way?

Anonymous

Yup, go for it. : I have an acoustic amp and I was wandering if it would be possible to hook it up with a pedal and then to an electric guitar to create distortion. Are they compatible that way?

Anonymous

ok, hello, i need some help finding an esay to use digital studio softwaer program that i can use at home. I have used pro tools free, but it is too unstable on my computer and some of the features of n-tracks i did not like (amongst the fact that the fx were all liscenced) if anyone knows how to get quebase, guitar tracks or any other softwasre program downloads off the internet please e-mail me or post a message. i don’t need an extravagant system, jus something i can lay a tracks abnd have the ability to eq and compress the sound a bit (othere fx’s would be nice too) thank you in advance

Anonymous

if you go to shareware music machine http://www.hitsquad.com/smm and check out the multi-track recording section – you’ll find some good stuff there which is either free or inexpensive. good luck. : ok, hello, i need some help finding an esay to use digital studio softwaer program that i can use at home. I have used pro tools free, but it is too unstable on my computer and some of the features of n-tracks i did not like (amongst the fact that the fx were all liscenced) if anyone knows how to get quebase, guitar tracks or any other softwasre program downloads off the internet please e-mail me or post a message. i don’t need an extravagant system, jus something i can lay a tracks abnd have the ability to eq and compress the sound a bit (othere fx’s would be nice too) thank you in advance :

Anonymous

Hi All, I have a GT-5, a UST STD Strat and a Crybaby wah.. My Question: I’m trying to configure my effects and guitar so that I can get something similar to the sounds used all 4 segments of the main solo of All along the watchtower by Hendix.. Also – i’m looking to perform this on stage, and there’s an 8 bar section that is played with a slide; I’ve never really done any slide soloing before, but I’d need to be able to get the slide on my finger in a split second for that section, then get rid of it just as fast so I can carry on with non-slide section of the solo — I’ve seen some guitarists who keep the slides on the head of the guitar — is there a device I can buy for this purpose? Sorry if the questions seem lame, any advice is greatly appreaciated. Thanks in advance Monkey =)

Anonymous

well.. I´m not sure how he plays the solo but I know that he used a ( in order )crybaby-fuzz-octavpedal- and a rotovibe. don´t know how they were configured, but these are the pedals he used. don´t think he used a slide.. just his finger..

Anonymous

bonjour, in the solo slide bit (he doesnt use an actual slide i dont think he just slides his nimble fingers, watch isle of wight or something)how do you play the last bit of the sliding?? i cant work it out just sounds like a discord?

Anonymous

waht kind of distortin does tom delonge form blink 182 use

Anonymous

what kind of amp dose he use???????????

Anonymous

: what kind of distortion does tom delonge from blink 182 use

Anonymous

he uses a marshall jcm 800 distortion chanel with the gain rolled back to a warm clean sound for clean parts and a dual (or triple) rectifyer for dirty sounds, seymour invader pickups light up every one of his fender strats

Anonymous

who cares. Blink 182 are fucking crap.

Anonymous

Fucking idiot !!! : who cares. Blink 182 are fucking crap.

Anonymous

Korg Pandora Px1

This popular thread has been given its own page : Korg Pandora Px1

Anonymous

i have a marshall 3203 head and 2 matching 4×10 cabs. anyone got any info on these, or know where to find any, could you please let me know. i got these 2nd hand and have been searching for info since. Thanks

Anonymous

Do you want the head or cabs? [email protected] I have a mint head I’ll soon be selling….

Anonymous

My big muff (russian build) will no longer add distortion. When i turn it on, it will simply act as a signal boost w/o any distortion effect. I havent used it for about a year. Anyone know of how to fix, or of a good pedal repair?

Anonymous

Hmm.Consider the money you’re going to spend on repair (75.00-100.00),I’d just get a new one.Those russian one’s aren’t classics…not yet anyway. Good Luck

Anonymous

I’m interested in buying and ESP MV-100. I’m interested in hearing your experience with the MV models or any other ESP with a tune-o-matic bridge.

Anonymous

Ok. I played the Kirk Hammet model a few years back… I have a Musicman Silhouette right now, but I want something cheaper that can be left at the rehearsal room. On top of it all I don’t like and never use the double-locking tremolo systems (which is why I want the tune-o-matic models). Unfortunately I cannot play ESP guitars where I live because there are no dealers- atleast none that I can find. Thanks for the info… others are welcome to give their input.

Anonymous

Don’t worry about not having a dealer near you, you can probally get a better deal on one online, or get a used one cheaper and then don’t worry (as much) about leaving it at the rehersal room. : Ok. I played the Kirk Hammet model a few years back… : I have a Musicman Silhouette right now, but I want something cheaper that can be left at the rehearsal room. On top of it all I don’t like and never use the double-locking tremolo systems (which is why I want the tune-o-matic models). : Unfortunately I cannot play ESP guitars where I live because there are no dealers- atleast none that I can find. : Thanks for the info… others are welcome to give their input.

Anonymous

I played an H-300 and it was sweet. I can’t say I like those uber-crappy emg selects in there but the guitar felt really good. If you want some of the easiest and most comfortable palm muting you have ever experienced a Tune-o-matic is 100% the way to go.

Anonymous

Ditto the post below… I find em very comfortable to play… but don’t care for the emg’s. : I played an H-300 and it was sweet. I can’t say I like those uber-crappy emg selects in there but the guitar felt really good. If you want some of the easiest and most comfortable palm muting you have ever experienced a Tune-o-matic is 100% the way to go.

Anonymous

Hi! I invite you to take a look at my site http://www.live1on1guitarlessons.com I have been teaching Guitar and Bass for 19 years. My site has archived songs and lessons full of theory, and technique. The lessons are shown in Standard Notation, Chord Diagrams, and Tablature with the Rythmic Values included. The 3 areas of the site are: 1. Lesson Line: Live Video Conferencing Lessons. 2. Lesson Mail: Customized E-Mail Lessons. 3. Song Lab: Free Downloads and Pay Archive. The current Free Downloads are: "Dr. Evil Rap" from Austin Powers-Bass, Fingerstyle Bass Basics-Bass, Practice Routine-Bass, Practice Routine-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Bass, Power Rangers Theme-Guitar, "Time To Break Up" Blink182-Guitar, "Mississippi" Train-Guitar. All lessons are full of cool examples to advance your playing. And the final bonus is the QuickTime Movie file to show each example in the lesson. Thanks for your time! [email protected]

Anonymous

I’m having trouble deciding wot guitar I should go for next. I currently have a gibson SG standard which is great except for the machineheads and tone(standard pick ups). I’m really into blue and hendrix so I was thinking along the lines of strat but would that prevent the sort of tone I want for my band that plays modern rock. I was also considerring a new set of pick ups for my currebt guitar but I don’t know where to start plus I am only a student so I don’t have bags of money! Any comments to put me staight would be great. Thanks.

Anonymous

Well, I`ve had actually the same problems and I`ve got now a Mexican Fender Vintage Strat and replaced the pick-ups by Emg DG-20 Set.The result is amazing!!You get all the clean and distorted sounds you want, for nearby all styles.Personally I would prefer single-coils inspite of the (PAF)Humbuckers.I^ve had also an SG and I think you can get a lot more dynamics with single-coils. PS: the price for the EMG`s and the Strat will be slightly more higher than for an Ibanez S-Classic but you get a lot more for your money.

Anonymous

either go to a store and get some Dimarzio or Duncan humbuckers(i prefer the PAF models from either co., they sound thick and warm,great for high gain or clean sounds.) if you want a new guitar look into the Ibanez S series they are pretty sweet for not a whole lot of money.

Anonymous

i am looking to buy a gretsch white falcon ,preferably new but will consider second hand,can anyone help please. lee

Anonymous

The amazing Elusive Light and Sound from Steve Vai will be available June 4th! For more info, go to http://www.favored nations. com or http://www.vai.com! It is worth buying just for the Crossroads duel alone! You won’t be disappointed!

Anonymous

i need the paches roland gp 100 for steve vai and jason beker thinks

Anonymous

wiring diagram for Epiphone Nighthawk desperately needed

This popular thread has been given its own page : wiring diagram for Epiphone Nighthawk desperately needed

Anonymous

Any tube amp will sound good, But Ibest like ether my Boogie Nomad 55, or marshell 72 Plexi, My bud gets great tone w/his cust. S.G. and J.T.M. 45. good luck best bet is to try every thing you can and let your ears be the judge.

Anonymous

Guitar: Fender Strat. standard I want to change the original pickups by Seymour Duncan P.U. Hotrails at the bridge Hot stack at middle and neck. I want to sound like Iron Maiden in distortion and like Stevie Ray Vaughn in clean. I"m I on the right track eith these choices?

Anonymous

Sorry, But NO The Hotrails frequency responce is not going to get you the iron maiden sound. It is way to high in the midrange department. It is much more along the lines of AC/DC. And as far as sounding like stevie. I hope you have a lot of money. Those were custom wound pickups.

Anonymous

youve got Iron Maiden nailed good luck on stevie

Anonymous

Thanks for your answers guys. Whewn I said Ray Vaughn, I met a blues sounds that will sound good on clean mode.(hot stack at neck)

Anonymous

dummy coil in series or parallel

This popular thread has been given its own page : dummy coil in series or parallel

Anonymous

Footswitch wiring diagram

This popular thread has been given its own page : Footswitch wiring diagram

Anonymous

Hi, which is the best way to recreate Paul Gilbert guitar sound??I mean, what kind of pick ups, strings, amply and effects do I have to use??Thanx!

Anonymous

i wouldnt have a clue but why would u want to recreate it, your not him. find your own sound.

Anonymous

: Hi, which is the best way to recreate Paul Gilbert guitar sound??I mean, what kind of pick ups, strings, amply and effects do I have to use??Thanx!

Anonymous

Laney head amp gh100 Super chorus ch1 boss dd-3 delay of boss mx90

Anonymous

guitarist looking for pat travers tab.can anyone head me in the right direction…[email protected] thanks…………………….

Anonymous

: guitarist looking for pat travers tab.can anyone head me in the right direction…[email protected] thanks……………………. I just tabbed out Gettin’ Betta. I can email it to you but I’m not sure how it will turn out.

Anonymous

Hi, looking for snortin’ whiskey can anyone help ???? : : I just tabbed out Gettin’ Betta. I can email it to you but I’m not sure how it will turn out.

Anonymous

: Hi, : looking for snortin’ whiskey can anyone help ???? : : : : I just tabbed out Gettin’ Betta. I can email it to you but I’m not sure how it will turn out. hey man, im 16, love Pat Travers, send me the tab plzzz [email protected]

Anonymous

: : Hi, : : looking for snortin’ whiskey can anyone help ???? : : : : : : I just tabbed out Gettin’ Betta. I can email it to you but I’m not sure how it will turn out. : hey man, : im 16, love Pat Travers, send me the tab plzzz : [email protected]

Anonymous

: : : : I just tabbed out Gettin’ Betta. I can email it to you but I’m not sure how it will turn out. I’m so interesting too please, send me the tab [email protected]

Anonymous

i think everyone who knows clapton knows layla, but does anyone know what he’s playing behind the verses. and no, i don’t mean the chords. email me if you have a tab or anything

Anonymous

S. D. Curlee electric gutars

This popular thread has been given its own page : S. D. Curlee electric gutars

Anonymous

I have a ‘peavey basic 40’ bass amp and it cuts out during use. the only way to get it working is to move the Pre-gain knob to full which brings it back to life and then it works fine.it cuts out at any volume with any setting and when the amp is hot or cold. ive taken the amp apart to look for loose connections but couldnt see any.is there any way to fix it?

Anonymous

did you check the connection the the loud speaker? thats where it is subjected to the most vibrations..I had a shitty dean amrkley 40 watt amp thats cut out and then i noticed the wired that connect to the speaker were coming loose…

Anonymous

Get an axe and chop the fucker up. They are fucking crap.

Anonymous

fucking idiot !!!! : Get an axe and chop the fucker up. They are fucking crap.

Anonymous

i got a 1984 57′ reissue, would i need to cahnge the springs in the back if i shortened the trem bar?

Anonymous

i got a 1984 57′ reissue, would i need to cahnge the springs in the back if i shortened the trem bar?

Anonymous

Tape echo machine

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tape echo machine

Anonymous

Can anyone help me? This is the first time I’ve thought of using the net for help with this. I had a stroke 11 years ago and recovered a bit. I can still play a little guitar but not a lot and not lead. (I’ve been playing in a band for 2 years now.) Has anyone got any ideas for holding picks or playing styles? I can’t hang on to a pick for long cause I don’t have the coordination and I sweat like a black alsation. Any ideas?

Anonymous

I have a mesaboogie and i’d like to know the name of all most famous blues-men have used it … … please help me .

Anonymous

I recently started learning a song that required AbDbAbDbGbBb. Would this be the same as tuning down a whole step and then drop D tuning? If not please explain to me how i can achieve this tuning thank you chris

Anonymous

guitar strings size

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar strings size

Anonymous

why do I stink at guitar lessons with my teacher

This popular thread has been given its own page : why do I stink at guitar lessons with my teacher

Anonymous

Howdy. I’m getting a Tele ’52 copy that’s got the same design specs as the original but has cheap pickups. I want to replace the bridge P/U with a good one, probably a Fender or Seymour Duncan, but I don’t know how a righty pickup will fit, and if it will fit, I don’t know how it’ll respond (if the magnets are lined up for a righty). Any insights out there? Thanks, Dennis

Anonymous

When I release a string after a bend, i get a lot of noise from adjacent strings (particularly when using overdrive) I’m sure this is due to poor technique. Can anybody suggest some excercises to help fix this problem. I have spent a long time attempting to improve my bending technique to no avail

Anonymous

I suspect you need to work on a few things. My first guess would be string muting, which we do both at the bridge as well as on the finger board. The next would be pick attack — the way you hold your pick, the angle of attack on the strings, and where you rest your picking hand. Try hitting one bent note at a time, release it (add a bit of vibrato and let it ring a bit), and move around from alternate strings and to different positions on the neck. Do this slowly at first, and then pick up the pace each time you practice, Pay close attention to what your other fingers are doing at this time, as well as your pick attack angle. In time, you will improve and you’ll also see where the problems come from, and what you need to work on most. Good technique will develop, but it can be hard to break bad habits that we develop early on, so this type of excercise can help — in fact, I’ve been playing for 37 years, and still practice a lot of these things to stay sharp. Later, Bill http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

Anonymous

I have a Fender Squire Strat made around 86-87 in Japan. Since the prices for these guitars are all over the board – I have no idea what it is worth. I have heard US models are the best followed by the Japan models but that doesn’t tell me much. I am not trying to sell it – so honest answers only please. Thanks, Steve

Anonymous

: I have a Fender Squire Strat made around 86-87 in Japan. Since the prices for these guitars are all over the board – I have no idea what it is worth. : I have heard US models are the best followed by the Japan models but that doesn’t tell me much. : I am not trying to sell it – so honest answers only please. : Thanks, : Steve Hi Steve got the same question really , but just to give you an indication on price, as I’ve just bought a 86/87 strat (made in Japan)I/ve just paid 190.00 pounds now the shop only just got hold of it hours before I turned up and hadn’t fixed a price,but I’d bought one in the actual time of 86/87 from same shop for 159.00

Anonymous

i have a peavey 21 frets red The pick-up is like a stratocaster Black pickguard Please if you know the series name of this guitar mail it to me.

Anonymous

If the guitar body is very similar to a Stratocaster then I would say you probably have a Peavey Raptor.

Anonymous

manual boss gt-6

This popular thread has been given its own page : manual boss gt-6

Anonymous

If anybody can assist me. I have a canora les paul copy guitar, 2 humbucker pick ups, fixed neck, metal nut. no serial number or were made. Any value? Has varnished wood finish, simular to tabacco sunburst finish. thanks robin

Anonymous

Charvel model 4/6 wiring

This popular thread has been given its own page : Charvel model 4/6 wiring

Anonymous

Can anybody tell me a bit about this guitar? Sound, playing…

Anonymous

: Can anybody tell me a bit about this guitar? Sound, playing.. If you want the real think buy the Les Paul. However, there are some good alternatives: Paul Reed Smith, Heritage, Etc. All off these guitars are also expensive. But be prepared to spend you won’t get that kind of quality for low $$$.

Anonymous

I’m considering bying a "Gibson Les Paul Gothic"-guitar. Is there anybody who have any experience with this guitar, and can tell me a bit about it… a kind of secound opinion…

Anonymous

I played one last spring. It was noticably a Gibson. That is to say it was heavy, with low action and a grindy tone. It didn’t seem like the pick-ups would need to be replaced (depends what you’re playing) like many on many other Gibsons.

Anonymous

Necesito que alguien me diga como consigo un sonido TriAxis en la Ax 1500g d Korg

Anonymous

I want to replace the knobs on my Strat. What’d be the best way to do that?

Anonymous

pull them off and put new ones on !! HAHAH no really, unless you want to put new pots in. then you are going to need to do some soildering

Anonymous

If you’re just looking to replace them, then just about any aftermarket part will do…. Dimarzio, Allparts, W-D, Stewart MacDonald, etc. Just make SURE you get one that has the right splines for your pots. American pots have different spline sizes than import pots.

Anonymous

hey im just learning to play the guitar and i was wondering if anyone knew how to play some blink 182 songs, if you do email me at [email protected] THANKS!

Anonymous

Blink 182 do 😉 : hey im just learning to play the guitar and i was wondering if anyone knew how to play some blink 182 songs, if you do email me at [email protected] THANKS!

Anonymous

hey im just learning to play the guitar and i was wondering if anyone knew how to play some blink 182 songs, if you do email me at [email protected] THANKS!

Anonymous

Can anyone recommend good websites for downloading looping jam tracks to practice solos? THANKS.

Anonymous

Heres a jamtrack place… check it out at http://www.guitarteacher.com/stage/index.htm I am replying to: Can anyone recommend good websites for downloading looping jam tracks to practice solos? THANKS.

Anonymous

I believe there are a number of artists on MP3.com that offer jam tracks for free. : Can anyone recommend good websites for downloading looping jam tracks to practice solos? THANKS.

Anonymous

hallo :-)) Roland-Boss owner’s manual no available on line !! Please, can You, gently,send me an answer to most important parameters of the effects section ??? For example (delay): how much is long ? Is mono or too stereo ? There is the ping-pong delay ??? And .. a reverse delay ? This is ..

Anonymous

Learn to speak English.

Anonymous

Hello .. What are the effects parameters of delay, pitch, reverbs,defretter, chorus .. and so on ??? No manual is on line from Roland-Boss !!! There is who can help me, please ??? Send me a short description of most important parameter’ s informations. Thanks, many thanks to everybody ….. 🙂

Anonymous

Can anyone out there tell me if the Takamine EG 334C has a solid top or laminated. I know they know call it the EG 334SC, the "S" usually meaning solid top. But did they just change the name or is the old one laminated and the new one solid. THanks.

Anonymous

: Can anyone out there tell me if the Takamine EG 334C has a solid top or laminated. I know they know call it the EG 334SC, the "S" usually meaning solid top. But did they just change the name or is the old one laminated and the new one solid. THanks.

Anonymous

Yes . The TAK eg-334 is made of solid spruce top.. and ovankgol back and sides. (solid too).

Anonymous

For sale: red squire strat with whammy bar. Good condidtion, just never used as I prefer acoustic. £80 ono Hard case, big and rectangular so fit any electirc, excellent condition. £20ono Park G10R, excellent condition, great practice amp, and goes loud…. £40ono Pandora 2 synth box, has about 40 different settings, comes boxed with all instiructions. Has slight dent on surface, but works perfectly. £60 ono Will sell all together for £190 Also some old learning books, mnainly around rock and rythem guitar, about 5 in total. £offers, will throw in with deal. Photos avaiable via email, but not for a week or so. Any more info just email me: [email protected] Just need the money as stuff is rarely used, and I’m going travelling so need cash. Ben Burnett

Anonymous

OK – was looking for a Les Paul but came into this sweet deal on an 83 Strat with a mesa boogie Mk3. What is the history of the 83 – it seems pretty standard but the fellow claims that there were only 12000 made similar to this one. Heard of anything like that. Any distinguishing features to look for? Its not an elite or anything – looks like every other except the neck and fingerboard are one.

Anonymous

The one thing I can think of about Strats made around ’83 is that Fender tried to cut corners. They got rid of the football jack plate and put the output jack in place of the second tone pot. In addition, they used a tremolo that dropped in from the top, which didn’t seem to work all that great. These don’t have any routing in the back at all. The necks were usually 1-3/4" wide at the nut as well. There’s nothing WRONG with one of these Strats; if it plays and sounds good, go for it, but just so you know, it’s not a "normal" Strat. So far, they don’t seem to be worth any less than other Strats of the era.

Anonymous

i broke my low e after picking up my old unused washburn and i realized that i have no idea how to restring this guy…… washburns use a different system, can anyonehelp meout? jesse pl please emailme

Anonymous

What model washburn ??? all the ones I have seen have had ‘standard’ type bridges. : i broke my low e after picking up my old unused washburn and i realized that i have no idea how to restring this guy…… washburns use a different system, can anyonehelp meout? : jesse pl : please emailme

Anonymous

i am new w/ guitars and i was tryin to see what guitars are the best…i have a hohner right now

Anonymous

What type of music do you play? Do you own an acoustic, or an electric? There are a lot of great guitars out there, and many "okay" guitars, but it really comes down to the type of touch (string action, radius, etc.), and sound you like, and if they suit the music that you like to play. Best thing to do, is try as many models as you can — you’ll start to notice things, particularly the things you don’t like, and what the better guitars have to offer. Good Luck! Bill http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

Anonymous

D+7(#9) thanks

Anonymous

5th fret but the b# is a C which makes it a D min7 I hope this is some theory students idea of a joke I0I-I-I-I I-I0I-I-I I0I-I-I-I I-I-I0I-I I0I-I-I-I I-I-I-I-I

Anonymous

: 5th fret but the E# is a F which makes it a D min7 : I hope this is some theory students idea of a joke : I0I-I-I-I : I-I0I-I-I : I0I-I-I-I : I-I-I0I-I : I0I-I-I-I : I-I-I-I-I

Anonymous

Lately I’ve been hearing that Gibson is putting out some real bad quality instruments. Even at high prices, just trading on the good name to make money. I’ve been told you should buy a Heritage if you want to get a decent Gibson guitar. any comments?

Anonymous

i find that gibsons do suck and use the "gibson" name to charge the high price they do.. I myself play a PRS hollowbody and it is the most beautiful sounding guitar next to Trey Anastasio’s custom hollowbody. dont buy gibson they are overrated

Anonymous

I collect guitars and I’d agree, but I’ve seen about 5 that are the exception to this rule but you really can’t count them there all custom shop with about $2000 weth of up grades out of the shop. personelly I know a few guys that have turned down deals with gibson cause of the workmanship is so bad. Remember Kramer thats why G. Lynch went to E.S.P. and why slash is working with Guild for new stuff , he still plays thouse 72s all the time but nothing new!!

Anonymous

have to agree, the zakk wylde gibson kicks major ass but the other new ones suck in a big way i’ve just bought an ESP ec 1000 its the best guitar i’ve played on !!! : I collect guitars and I’d agree, but I’ve seen about 5 that are the exception to this rule but you really can’t count them there all custom shop with about $2000 weth of up grades out of the shop. personelly I know a few guys that have turned down deals with gibson cause of the workmanship is so bad. Remember Kramer thats why G. Lynch went to E.S.P. and why slash is working with Guild for new stuff , he still plays thouse 72s all the time but nothing new!!

Anonymous

I’m going to have to agree with the rescent decline in quality. I was at guitar center cecking out a few new gibsons, and the were suprisingly crappy. The paint was terrible orangepeeled and unpolished. The hardware was really pretty cheap looking and once again scratched up and unpolished. Not to mention it just didn’t play right. There is no way to describe it but it just did not feel like a gibson.(i’ve played better bolton samicks) I don’t know what the deal is but they need to shape up. There is no way in hell I would put down a grand plus on must of these pieces.

Anonymous

All I know is, every Gibson I’ve worked on that has been made in the last 10 years or so, has needed a lot of fret work. I level them, and then have to "finish off" the ends of the frets…. it’s like they just slap the frets in there and stick it into a shipping box. The nuts are way too high as well. When I was selling Phantom and Kent guitars back in the middle 80’s, I was used to having to set up an instrument before I put it on the rack; these were $150-$300 Korean instruments, and it was no big deal. For that price range, you’d expect some hurried manufacturing practices. But Gibson prices have tripled in the past 12 years or so, and they’re too damn lazy to use a fret file. In my opinion, some of the best Gibsons ever made, at least from a quality control standpoint, were ones made in Kalamazoo from about ’79-’82. The quality is outstanding, and they’re not old enough to be considered collector’s items, so they can be bought at true "used" prices. The period from ’61-’64 was even better, but the prices are through the roof.

Anonymous

How canI tell if a 80"s black/yellow striped Charvel EVH guitar is original?

Anonymous

yamaki (Joodie) YW40M

This popular thread has been given its own page : yamaki (Joodie) YW40M

Anonymous

I was searching the other on winmx for Steve vai, and I found this song by Steve vai. It sounds awesome but it’s unkown. I was wondering if anyone knows what song it is. The name of the file is: Steve Vai – Guitar Instrumental Solo (unknown title but this is awesome!!!).mpg If you know the song, or of any tabs for this song, please email it to me. Thanks

Anonymous

: I was searching the other on winmx for Steve vai, and I found this song by Steve vai. It sounds awesome but it’s unkown. I was wondering if anyone knows what song it is. The name of the file is: : Steve Vai – Guitar Instrumental Solo (unknown title but this is awesome!!!).mpg : If you know the song, or of any tabs for this song, please email it to me. Thanks that one’s title is: tender surrender took alot time to find. but worths it.

Anonymous

I need the name of this song , this song is really cool!

Anonymous

would be real cool if someone could mail me the name of the song or send me the tab or so. this song is really great 🙂

Anonymous

has anybody out there bought an Ultrasound acoustic amp? I am looking for some feedback on the 50 watt DS2 in particular but any of them in general. I tried one at a loval store and it sounded great but not much volume.

Anonymous

please email me or my ICQ is 102208408

Anonymous

What effects does he use ?? thanks

Anonymous

Which one is the best Guitar Processor

Anonymous

Hi! I invite you to take a look at my site http://www.live1on1guitarlessons.com I have been teaching Guitar and Bass for 19 years. My site has archived songs and lessons full of theory, and technique. The lessons are shown in Standard Notation, Chord Diagrams, and Tablature with the Rythmic Values included. The 3 areas of the site are: 1. Lesson Line: Live Video Conferencing Lessons. 2. Lesson Mail: Customized E-Mail Lessons. 3. Song Lab: Free Downloads and Pay Archive. The current Free Downloads are: "Dr. Evil Rap" from Austin Powers-Bass, Fingerstyle Bass Basics-Bass, Practice Routine-Bass, Practice Routine-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Bass, Power Rangers Theme-Guitar, "Time To Break Up" Blink182-Guitar, "Mississippi" Train-Guitar. All lessons are full of cool examples to advance your playing. And the final bonus is the QuickTime Movie file to show each example in the lesson. Thanks for your time! [email protected]

Anonymous

Hello All, My Larrivee’ model D03 has a string buzzz. I know about truss bar adjustment however when peering down the sound hole I don’t find a nut to screw. My wife thinks I am nuts so I find myself with a screw loose trying to solve this buzzing. I guess I could stuff something under the saddle, but I ask of you good people if there is another answer. Thanks for any response. Chow chio. Noc

Anonymous

What is this guitar worth ??

Anonymous

Je voudrais les tablatures ou le midi ou le guitarpro de WIPEOUT de PENNYWISE.

Anonymous

: Je voudrais les tablatures ou le midi ou le guitarpro de WIPEOUT de PENNYWISE. merci

Anonymous

: Je voudrais les tablatures ou le midi ou le guitarpro de WIPEOUT de PENNYWISE. I would have the tabs, midi or guitarpro of WIPEOUT by PENNYWISE

Anonymous

I would like to thank my dear friend Kevin for the tabs and chords of Cry for a Shadow, a great success of the Beatles. He´d transcripted the song in a very easy way to play. Thanks! Erick

Anonymous

Hi im also writting from mexico city, i haven´t been able to find this tab on the web, I would appreciate if you would send it to me also thanks

Anonymous

Hello, My name is Antonio Hernández and Im writing from México City. I’m searching in the web the beatles tab of Cry for a shadow, so I can’t to find it. Well, I would to want if a someone get a tab could to send me… Tanks so much

Anonymous

Could you please send me "Cry for a Shadow" too. Thanks, Christal.

Anonymous

: I would like to thank my dear friend Kevin for the tabs and chords of Cry for a Shadow, a great success of the Beatles. He´d transcripted the song in a very easy way to play. Thanks! : Erick can some one Email me the tabs love the song my address is [email protected] thanks so much. Dan

Anonymous

: : I would like to thank my dear friend Kevin for the tabs and chords of Cry for a Shadow, a great success of the Beatles. He´d transcripted the song in a very easy way to play. Thanks! : : Erick : can some one Email me the tabs love the song my address is : [email protected] : thanks so much. : Dan

Anonymous

Can someone send me the tab for Cry for a Shadow. thanks, Zaf

Anonymous

: I would like to thank Kevin on one of the most accurate tablatures I’ve ever seen. i know alot of people were looking for this tablature and now I have it. Good Luck with youre Beatles’ book Kevin !!!!!!!!! Liza

Anonymous

Can someone send me the tabs also? I love this song and can’t quite figure John’s rhythm chords many thanks! : : I would like to thank Kevin on one of the most accurate tablatures I’ve ever seen. i know alot of people were looking for this tablature and now I have it. Good Luck with youre Beatles’ book Kevin !!!!!!!!! : Liza

Anonymous

I need some information about how build guitar electric pickups.

Anonymous

: I need some information about how build guitar electric pickups. Why do you want to build your own? This is fairly involved. There are a lot of books on the market, and that’s the best place to start. However, with so many good ones on the market, building your own pickups will likely cost you more than buying some readily available ones. Later, Bill http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

Anonymous

I own a 1962 kay swingmaster. I am looking for a headstock logo. Can anyone help me

Anonymous

anyone know where to get info on a Marshall 3203 head? I got one and would like to know when they were built ect…. thanks

Anonymous

: anyone know where to get info on a Marshall 3203 head? I got one and would like to know when they were built ect…. thanks Are you interested in selling this head? Or maybe working out a trade. I have a Marshall 3310 head, 100w, that I would be willing to part with. (I don’t need 100w) As far as info try http://www.drtube.com – go to the mini stacks. Take care, Dave

Anonymous

I don’t know what I got or who makes this gutar.but it looks like a gibson j46?? any info would be greatly app…. I also like fiddles.

Anonymous

anyone know where to find a tab for colin james’ "whyd you lie"? I got the chords but would like note for note if possible. thanks

Anonymous

anyone point me to a good website with info about korg a4 bass multi-effects

Anonymous

Im looking for an Ibanez Jem 10th anniversary. Any condition. I want a players guitar but will consider a new condition guitar.

Anonymous

HI I HAVE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. ITS AS YOU SAY A PLAYERS GUITAR, IN VERY GOOD CONDITION WITH UV CASE, MAKE ME A OFFER IF U STILL AFTER ONE GRAHAM

Anonymous

In this store has one JEM 10th Anniversary: http://www.instrumentosusados.com.br/pedido.asp?var_Codigo=7664 : Im looking for an Ibanez Jem 10th anniversary. Any condition. I want a players guitar but will consider a new condition guitar.

Anonymous

: Im looking for an Ibanez Jem 10th anniversary. must be great condition

Anonymous

Have you got the manual or the instructions of the Yamaha gw50 guitar performance effector?contact me

Anonymous

i got it in english language….

Anonymous

can you download the gw50 manual to me for free.I would really appreciate it. THANX.

Anonymous

do you already have the user manual of the yamaha gw50 guitar effects? can u download it to me for FREE? I,m from the philippines by the way and I would really appreciate it if u would. Thanx for your time and may God be with you.-LOUIS

Anonymous

hi can u hack [email protected] n send it to me plz. i appreciate it

Anonymous

leche… hack mo mukha mo….. gago……… tang ina to

Anonymous

Anyone’s help is welcomed. How do I run or check my delux’s serial numbers to determin year model and such? Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Just go to <a href="http://www.gibson.com/">www.gibson.com</a&gt; and click on "search" then click on "serial numbers". Jason. : Anyone’s help is welcomed. How do I run or check my delux’s serial numbers to determin year model and such? : Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Maybe this question should be fired at gibson. : Anyone’s help is welcomed. How do I run or check my delux’s serial numbers to determin year model and such? : Thanks in advance

Anonymous

fender strat hm

This popular thread has been given its own page : fender strat hm

Anonymous

what kind of quality is a jackson 7string that has a floidrose tremmello and duncan design pickups and a nutlock and is made in japan

Anonymous

: what kind of quality is a jackson 7string that has : a floidrose tremmello and duncan design pickups and a : nutlock and is made in japan Made in Japan would suggest Pro series, as would the Duncan Designed pickups. The Performer Series (the cheapest range circa ’00)used to be made in Japan, but these only had Jackson pickups. What body shape is the guitar? I think the guitar must be a good few years old (perhaps as many as 10). as far as I’m aware the last 7 strings JAckson made were the DX7 (Fixed bridge Dinky stlye with 2 hums and reversed headstock) and also the RR7, a fixed bridge Rhandy Rhodes body, also with a Reversed headstock. I can’t think of any with a trem, but maybe you should search for some old catalogues. Google! what

Anonymous

i almost Surf the Net and i cant find any patches for my AX1000g sounds Like Pantera! Can u Help Me Guys!

Anonymous

I have a patch for Dyme’s lead work that is absolutely incredible, but it sounds somewhat thin (because it’s a mainly lead channel) for chords. Still, it nails Dyme’s lead sound dead on. E-mail me with your address and I’ll send the patch to you if you’d like

Anonymous

Can anybody tell me a overdrive pedal, that sounds like the fryer mayhem overdrive pdeal, or does somebody sell a used mayhem pedal

Anonymous

Yes comrade, look in net on the v-stack site.

Anonymous

Can anybody tell me the difference between the blue and the orange Fulldrive

Anonymous

i have 1965 kay amp and it hummms when it is on

Anonymous

need wiring diagrams for Boss guitar volume FV-100

Anonymous

I’m a guitar player (hobbiest) hoping to purchase a system to assist with software notation entries and also doing some research for a school paper. That is, I am a newcomer to the world of midi electronics and software notation and would like some upfront information about the following: My goal is to play my acoustic guitar, including complex strumming and picking and have that music documented with notation software. I’ve been told both that I need a midi interface for the guitar and that I don’t. Without a midi interface I don’t see how the software would know what strings I am plucking when it comes to writing in tab form or even 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 note chords in the standard format. Also, after a couple hours on the Internet, it is still not clear what sort of setup I will need and if there is a notational software that can handle the complex strummin parts. Can someone please help this newcomer and explain about how this technology works, the equipment in what sort of setups is best, and what products are truly up to the task. Dave

Anonymous

: I’m a guitar player (hobbiest) hoping to purchase a system to assist with software notation entries and also doing some research for a school paper. : : That is, I am a newcomer to the world of midi electronics and software notation and would like some upfront information about the following: : : My goal is to play my acoustic guitar, including complex strumming and picking and have that music documented with notation software. I’ve been told both that I need a midi interface for the guitar and that I don’t. : Without a midi interface I don’t see how the software would know what strings I am plucking when it comes to writing in tab form or even 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 note chords in the standard format. : : Also, after a couple hours on the Internet, it is still not clear what sort of setup I will need and if there is a notational software that can handle the complex strummin parts. : : Can someone please help this newcomer and explain about how this technology works, the equipment in what sort of setups is best, and what products are truly up to the task. : : Dave

Anonymous

Try Blue Chip Music’s Axon AX-100 guitar to midi converter with a piezo pickup. A bit expensive but the finest stuff around.

Anonymous

Heaviest Distortion Guitar Sound - DI

This popular thread has been given its own page : Heaviest Distortion Guitar Sound – DI

Anonymous

Anyone heard of this brand and what is the going price these days for one. My ancient info is that they were sued by Martin and went out of business!! Any current information greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Anonymous

I face a similar situation. I purchased a higher end Mountain acoustical guitar at a large San Diego, CA musice store. It was retailing at $625 and I paid $434 for it. After taking lessons for 6 months from an advanced teacer, I gave up but still have the guitar. It has a light front (maple?) with a dark back, pear inlay at every other fret and around the opening and outside perimeter. It’s a beauty and has a perfect mellow sound. I’d like to sell it but can’t seem to find a way to price it right. Help!?

Anonymous

Wanted info on brand

This popular thread has been given its own page : Wanted info on brand

Anonymous

Anonymous

In this month’s issue of GUITAR WORLD magazine, they have an article on Trey Anastasio and his new album. They show a picture of him playing a really sweet looking browny-goldish hollowbody. PLEEZE tell me what it is. thanx

Anonymous

Trey uses a custom-handmade full-hollow-body electric made by Paul Languedoc (also Phish’s soundman). His strings are DR handmade strings.

Anonymous

I just posted some info under Sweet Guitar…now, what the heck is it? – Bo Jangles 21:30:52 5/29/02. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

22 fret,H S H pickups,5 way switch,knife edge tremolo,locking tuners(They feel loose(broken)with out strings)gold hardware,rosewood fretboard/dot inlays,smooth neck joint(bolt on)RG headstock shape,made in japan, 1 vol 1 tone,CLEAR pickguard,edges of body black, tobacco coloured flame top.also back woodgrain tobacco finished/maple/alder??

Anonymous

sounds like maybe a 300 series its hard to tell without seeing it. Ibaneze made about 20 models and even a dealer couldn’t say with out seeing it.

Anonymous

My 8 year old son wants to learn how to play guitar. Which one would be best. He is saving his own money, and this is a starting point, so I’d appreciate advice for the best and most reasonably priced. Thank you.

Anonymous

Electric or acoustic? if he doesn’t mind it would possibly be better to start on acoustic. Start out with a cheaper, basic model, between £35-£50, or if electric, get a second hand model (about £60) -new cost about £100 for a very basic model. Buy locally, ask about quality or if you have any guitarist friends, take them along. If the guitar sounds good and price is ok you can’t go wrong. For beginners there is no need to go chasing up the most desirable brands, most acoustics sound alike! Good luck G

Anonymous

what acoustics are pretty quality for a beginner?

Anonymous

I’m selling my old electric guitar, hard case, amp, and synth thingy, and will throw in about 5 books. This is what I learnt on. electircs are easier to learn on, as the neck is smaller, but as my teacher always said ‘your mistakes are also put through the amp!’ so it doesn’t necissarily sound worse. £190 for whole set up (see eariler post) either call me 07789696319 or email for more info on what I’m selling

Anonymous

Can any one give me a diagram of the wiring for a Cort Curbow 6 string with mk1 pickup and mk2 preamp?

Anonymous

I’m about to buy a new Ibanezaxe. should i buy a RG 320, a RG 550 or a second hand JEM 555 (costs the saame as the new RG 550… advice please?

Anonymous

I want the ultimate guitar and won’t mine buying the jem7wht but will it just be the same features as the jem555. Will the jem555 save a cuple of hundred bucks

Anonymous

I find the Jem guitars very good,with very deep melodic sound , but I suggest that you by a new guitar better than the old one.That way you won’t have any problems with "buzzing" frets or some other part of the guitar that has to be changed because it’s used too much.The RG’s are good guitars with the good sound.I have the Jem555WH,and for you probbably the best thing to do is to wait for a while to save some more money to by a new one,you can do it….everyone can.That’s my opinion.

Anonymous

Definitly do it dude. It has one the fastest necks ive ever played. Only bad theing is the trem

Anonymous

I have 2 Jems and a 550 and a few other ibanez. I love the Jems. My favorite is the Floral. Dont get a new one though. The necks are bigger and too chunky. Something around the early-mid 90’s would be best. Dont get a Korean one either. (my girlfriend is Korean)…the Koreans make fantastic girls but lousy guitars.

Anonymous

Dude go for it! I have one and because Im left handed it’s the only JEM for me. I love it it has a great action and do to common problems with the trem I have no no problems.

Anonymous

can anyone help me i need to repair these ada products…does anyone have the schematics for them out there…Ada mp1.Ada microstack 100 and 200 watt rack mounted power amps….thanx greg

Anonymous

I too need a MicroStack 200 schem.

Anonymous

: I too need a MicroStack 200 schem. Thanks.

Anonymous

Some years ago I had my Concert Classical guitar refretted, French polished, bridge reglued and possibly the interior reglued. Since then it has given me extremely sore left-hand fingers. Both the fret wires (which are smooth) and the string action seem correct. I don’t have this problem with other guitars. Any suggestions thanks?

Anonymous

My guess is the fret wire used in the refret. It may look smooth, but if the edges aren’t properly rounded, it will cause sore fingers.

Anonymous

I HAVE A PAIR OF 7 STRING(IBANEZ 7621 , ESP H-207) , WITH EMG 707 ACTIVE PICKUPS , AND A MESA BOOGIE DUAL RECTIFIER . I PLAY METAL STYLE MUSIC , AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST SPEAKER FOR ME. I LISTENED MANY THINGS ABOUT THE CELESTION V 30 , AND THE ELECTRO VOICE 12-L .THERE´S ALSO A NEW CELESTION THAT I DON´T KNOW VERY WELL (THE "CENTURY").help needed!!! THANKS!!!!

Anonymous

celestion vintage 30’s all the way. and how much and where did you get your 707’s!? im prolly getting some of those myself and was wondering how they sound. i get a hellofalot of crunch with the stock blaze7’s in my UV7BK, but my tone still aint "there".

Anonymous

: celestion vintage 30’s all the way. I use 2×12 electro voice (total 400watt) 12 L speakers. They are absolutely great speakers. V30 is darker. Many people think dark = big bass. EV is not dark, but has BIG TIGHT BASS!!! Often, when I ear some guitarist playing with 4×12 v30, it seems the sound is so indistinct. I don’t know why, but that will never happen with my EV!!! Listen to Zakk Wylde and Gary Moore! Federico

Anonymous

: : and how much and where did you get your 707’s!? I AM FROM THE BASQUE COUNTRY , BETWEEN SPAIN AND FRANCE , AND I BOUGHT THEM HERE , FOR ABOUT 180$ (IF YOU ARE FROM THE STATES , YOU COULD BUY THEM HALF PRICE!!) : the stock blaze7’s : THE ONES FROM MY 7621 ARE SHITTY PICKUPS , THEY ARE MUDDY…I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE EMGs….THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT YOU HAVE TO DO THE ROUTING ON YOUR GUITAR (THEY ARE BIGGER THAN ANY SEYMOUR OR DIMARZIO PICK) , SO BE CAREFULL WITH THAT! HOPE TO BE HELPFUL!! P.S.:DO YOU KNOW ANY PLACE NEAR BOSTON ,MA WHERE BUY A USED PRS CUSTOM? CHEAP ,PLEASE!THANKS!!!!

Anonymous

Hey- Check out Audiovent, they ROCK!! New Cd Comes out June 4th called Dirty Sexy Knights in Paris, their first single is "The Energy" Visit their site: http://www.Audioventmusic.com!! ITS WORTH THE VISIT!!

Anonymous

eliminate guitar feedback

This popular thread has been given its own page : eliminate guitar feedback

Anonymous

this web site stinks on ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

does anyone have a schematic of this amp thanks

Anonymous

I am looking for the original (or pretty close) setup measurements for my gibson sg. It has been tweaked so many times I am having trouble getting the best sound and feel out of it. The guitar is a 1987 Gibson SG standard ’61 reissue. Mainly I am looking for tailpiece and bridge adjustment numbers, but anything will help and be greatly appreciated. thanks

Anonymous

I don’t know. First of all, I have a Johnson guitar, and it’s my first accoustic. The main reason I bought it was because it was cheap AND had a pickup. I didn’t notice that the two middle strings were muted until I tried it on my amp. I showed it to my guitar instructor, and he thought the problem was that the bridge was dirty. He cleaned it up, but it didn’t work. So then he suggested that I clean up the detectors with alchohol or something. I’m new to this stuff, and I don’t want to screw up my guitar. Can someone e-mail me some instructions on how to do this, if you know how? [email protected] Thanx!

Anonymous

does anybody know or have the tabs for the solo of thunderstruck

Anonymous

On June 7 & 8 2002 in Orlando Florida The 2002 Jemfest is taking place. Please log onto jemfest.com to register and find out more info. All the benifits from this event with go to Steve Vai’s Make a noise foundation it is a non profit event and there is no cost to you. Please join us for some great music and guitars and give aways… There will be a giveaway of an Ibanez Guitar and much more… Favored Nations ecording artist Rob Balducci and Band will be playing as well as Rusty Cooley, Ricky Garcia, and many many more…

Anonymous

: On June 7 & 8 2002 in Orlando Florida The 2002 Jemfest is taking place. Please log onto jemfest.com to register and find out more info. All the benifits from this event with go to Steve Vai’s Make a noise foundation it is a non profit event and there is no cost to you. Please join us for some great music and guitars and give aways… There will be a giveaway of an Ibanez Guitar and much more… Favored Nations ecording artist Rob Balducci and Band will be playing as well as Rusty Cooley, Ricky Garcia, and many many more…

Anonymous

follow guitar give away contest

Anonymous

I picked up this guitar in a thrift store for five bucks. It’s german. Anyone ever heard of Handarbeit aus Mittenwald? It looks to be from the late 40’s or 50’s. It’s great. I want to find out about the manufacturer.

Anonymous

Hi! "Handarbeit aus Mittenwald" means handmade from Mittenwald, and Mittenwald is a place in Germany, where many Violinmakers are. Gerry

Anonymous

Just like to say that this is a great site compared to others that I’ve seen. Can you help me in one area of interest? I’ve been learning to play the guitar for nearly a year and I came across fm# and have no idea how to play this. Can you help?

Anonymous

e 2 B 2 G 2 D 4 A 4 E 2 That’s it, a Fm#. In case u don’t know how to read tabs (it seems like ur getting started) check out: http://www.geocities.com/penthaligon/Start.htm

Anonymous

Thanks a lot Karabassov. I thought it might be that, but you sometimes need reassurance that you’re playing it properly. Your right, I am learning how to read tabs and have come across another problem as per below! I’ve searched on most guitar websites regarding the second line of the tabs below. I have no idea how to play that second line. Is there like 4 chords to be played in a space of half a second? Please help. G Am7 Sometimes late at night D C/G G Am/G G I lie awake and watch her sleeping D Am7 She’s lost in peaceful dreams D C G C/G G So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark G Am7 And the thought crosses my mind D C/G G Am/G G If I never wake up in the morning D Am7 D Would she ever doubt the way I feel C G C/G G About her in my heart

Anonymous

would like an idea what this axe is worth?any help would be nice.

Anonymous

I HAVE A 1976 MODL MOSRITE THAT I BOUGHT IN 1975 THAT SAYS MADE IN CALIFORNIA ON THE HEAD. IT’S ORIGINAL. CALL ME AT 954-989-2478 OR 954- 401-4585. ASK FOR PARKER. THANYOU…

Anonymous

Martin Classical Guitar - 00-78G (1959)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Martin Classical Guitar – 00-78G (1959)

Anonymous

hi, i recently boughtn a roland gp-16, but the problem is that, it doesnt have a manual, can someone please direct me to a site where i could obtain a manual, if possible for free, or better yet could someone please send me a copy, i’d greatly appreciate it……

Anonymous

Just got the gp-16 without a manual and I can’t for the life of me figure it out. If anyone can help please let me know.

Anonymous

Hi, I would like to know if you was lucky in your quest for the GP-16 Owner`s Manual because I`m also looking for it. Please , write me if you found it. Good Luck!

Anonymous

I have one if anyone needs it : Hi, I would like to know if you was lucky in your quest for the GP-16 Owner`s Manual because I`m also looking for it. : Please , write me if you found it. : Good Luck!

Anonymous

THERE WILL BE A GP-16 OWNERS MANUAL GOING UP FOR AUCTION ON EBAY (ebay.com) SOMETIME WITHIN THE WEEK.

Anonymous

Somebody somewhere has a big stack of GP-16 manuals somewhere, cos I bought on without one as well. Can anyone out there do me a copy. In return I only have to offer an old Boss Dr110 drum machine or a Yamaha Compression pedal!

Anonymous

hi, i too had just purchased a gp-16 with out a manual.i`m also looking for it. please can you help me.

Anonymous

Lol, i bought one too without a manual… im going to search tho whole net until i find it. Lets see who finds it first (or if we find it at all…) greetz, Mark

Anonymous

I have one and will send you a copy if you still need it. I need some patches though. If you have any, I would love to trade. Liverdiver

Anonymous

Hey, I just did the same thing today – bought a used GP-16 without a manual. Could you hook me up please as well? It would only take me a few days to make some really cool patches that I could share with you….

Anonymous

THERE WILL BE A GP-16 OWNERS MANUAL GOING UP FOR AUCTION ON EBAY (ebay.com) SOMETIME WITHIN THE WEEK.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

The manual is not the important aspect of the GP-16 since it is extremely user friendly! The important material to locate is the PROGRAM CHART!!! Once the on-board battery fails, all the programs are lost! rendering the unit no different than a multi pedal that requires every adjustment from the user! I noticed a user manual for the G-16 on-line for around $10.00 but no mention of the Program chart was included. The Program chart is basically another smaller manual that will show every parameter used to initially program all the great patches from the factory. If you ever stumble upon a manual for sale on-line, make sure the Program Chart is included!!! Alex

Anonymous

: I have one and will send you a copy if you still need it. I need some patches though. If you have any, I would love to trade. : Liverdiver I need a copy of the manual please please

Anonymous

: I have one and will send you a copy if you still need it. I need some patches though. If you have any, I would love to trade. : Liverdiver Man!!!.. i would really could use a copy of that… I´m part of this legion who buy the device but wont get the manual. I would really appreciate if you coud e-mail me a copy,. Thnx. David

Anonymous

: : I have one and will send you a copy if you still need it. I need some patches though. If you have any, I would love to trade. : : Liverdiver : Man!!!.. i would really could use a copy of that… I´m part of this legion who buy the device but wont get the manual. I would really appreciate if you coud e-mail me a copy,. : Thnx. : Beto

Anonymous

I just began playing and I was wondering what the most inexpensive best bet would be for me. I am looking for a nice, inexpensive, dreadnought.

Anonymous

it depends if you’re looking at an acoustic or electric, a good acoustic beginners guitar is the Harmony. I love this guitar plus its cheap and good

Anonymous

I had a standard size kay guitar model # KCL108 and I want another(it broke) does anyone know where I can find one? Do they have a website? Help

Anonymous

: I had a standard size kay guitar model # KCL108 and I want another(it broke) does anyone know where I can find one? Do they have a website? Help click link below they have them

Anonymous

: : I had a standard size kay guitar model # KCL108 and I want another(it broke) does anyone know where I can find one? Do they have a website? Help : click link below : they have them

Anonymous

Is this the same Roger DeLong who used to play for the Rock Band "The USSR"?

Anonymous

I just acquired a Fender Jaguar,,,,,,awesome! There is a rubber piece inserted between the rear pick up and the bridge,,,,,,,what is that doo-hicky and what is it for? Please reply to "[email protected]" Thanks!

Anonymous

It’s a string mute. Not much practical use. The ones from the 60’s mainly either got removed or rotted away. : I just acquired a Fender Jaguar,,,,,,awesome! There is a rubber piece inserted between the rear pick up and the bridge,,,,,,,what is that doo-hicky and what is it for? : Please reply to "[email protected]" : Thanks!

Anonymous

Ive got a carlsbro amp and i wanna get blink 182’s sound, now i no that hardly anyone has this make of amp, but even if it isnt for that amp in particular just in general what settings roughly do i need to have i cant get it to sound anythin like and its pissin me off well bad, please halp if u can!!!

Anonymous

Anonymous

: : Hi! I invite you to take a look at my site http://www.live1on1guitarlessons.com I have been teaching Guitar and Bass for 19 years. My site has archived songs and lessons full of theory, and technique. The lessons are shown in Standard Notation, Chord Diagrams, and Tablature with the Rythmic Values included. : The 3 areas of the site are: : 1. Lesson Line: Live Video Conferencing Lessons. : 2. Lesson Mail: Customized E-Mail Lessons. : 3. Song Lab: Free Downloads and Pay Archive. The current Free Downloads are: "Dr. Evil Rap" from Austin Powers-Bass, Fingerstyle Bass Basics-Bass, Practice Routine-Bass, Practice Routine-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Bass, Power Rangers Theme-Guitar, "Time To Break Up" Blink182-Guitar, "Mississippi" Train-Guitar. : All lessons are full of cool examples to advance your playing. And the final bonus is the QuickTime Movie file to show each example in the lesson. : Thanks for your time! [email protected] vvvvvvv

Anonymous

i bought a Sunn Fender Mustang a couple of days ago, its my first guitar with a tremolo and the damn things got stuck it will not move either way, do i just need to stick some oil there or is it something else?

Anonymous

: i bought a Sunn Fender Mustang a couple of days ago, its my first guitar with a tremolo and the damn things got stuck : it will not move either way, do i just need to stick some oil there or is it something else? It’s something else. DON’T put any oil in there just yet. That could really become a problem! Take the plate off of the back of your guitar & see what’s holding it up.

Anonymous

Does anyone know what brand of pickup is fitted to the songbird acoustic? Does it need a pre-amp or EQ?

Anonymous

Has anyone any info on this guitar? GS5 Ser#9703001268 anything will help. It looks and sounds great. It was from a friend that died and left it to me. Thanks,Sonny

Anonymous

Dear all, My 1st string (high E) produces weaker sound than other strings. Is it because of the weaken quality of the 1st string (although they came from the same string set) or is it a pickup problem? Any advice on the cause and solution will be appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

Usually that is caused by the pickup. There is nothing wrong with the pickup, it just needs to be adjsuted. Some pickups have individual poles for each string that can be adjusted up and down to adjust the sensitivity or loudness. Or you can move the pickup itself up and down from either side. Just take a screwdriver and either adjust the poles (if capable on your pickups) or move the pickup itself closer to the strings on the high E side. : Dear all, : My 1st string (high E) produces weaker sound than other strings. Is it because of the weaken quality of the 1st string (although they came from the same string set) or is it a pickup problem? Any advice on the cause and solution will be appreciated. : Thanks

Anonymous

My advice is to use up the strings that came with the guitar, then get strings that are really good quality. (Like D’Arrdio strings.) I personally prefer medium heavy gauges because they have a good sound and last a long time. If the 1st string produces a weak sound even when the amplifier is turned off, it may be a problem with the bridge, or the neck may have been disfigured. (For example…don’t rest the neck of your guitar against a wall/hard surface.) Take it to a guitar place and get that checked. Watch out what strings you buy, though…the strings I tried before D’Arrdio broke almsot prior to when I got them. I found that the strings that came with my guitar were far better…as a matter of fact, the strings the came with my Turser (red strat) were very good.

Anonymous

Maya Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Maya Guitars

Anonymous

which one, i want a metal tone (ie. iron maiden/metallica)

Anonymous

Hi, I have some questions… Can I buy some products of this store from Brazil? I´m interesting in Marshal JCM900 or JCM800 with a good speaker. Do you have in stock those products? Could you send this to my country if I buy it? How can I pay? Do you acept payment with card visa internacional? Thanks for your atencion, Diana

Anonymous

Howe do I get the Ed Van Halen brown sound and/or what effects are needed. I use a charval/jackson with a jackson humbucker.

Anonymous

i like to know where i would get a replica gibson explorer white theat hetfield uses thx

Anonymous

I’m going to look at a guitar tomorrow. The guy says it’s a ’39 L-10. He said (on the phone) that it’s a 17" body, with pearl script logo, but he said it had white binding, no the checkerboard pattern normally associated with an L-10. I asked him to describe the inlays, and he said they were diamonds, but that they started at the 3rd fret. It’s very possible it’s not an L-10; could be an L-7 because of the binding, but that still doesn’t explain the inlay starting at the 3rd fret. The guy wants $800 or best offer, so it’ll be coming home with me regardless, but it’s driving me nuts trying to figure out what model it really is. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Gibson Serials

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson Serials

Anonymous

What items should be modified? Bridge(of Course?) Nut(maybe)….any information is helpful. Or should I just waist 5 bucks and see whether anything needs changing or not?

Anonymous

you gotta change around the nut and bridge around, and for a few bucks put a righty pickguard on… I think the biggest problem will be the knobs in the way, and it ain’t an easy job to move them yourself, they are great guitars though, so have fun !!!! : What items should be modified? Bridge(of Course?) Nut(maybe)….any information is helpful. Or should I just waist 5 bucks and see whether anything needs changing or not?

Anonymous

what’s a good acustic guitar to start out on? something not cheap but not the best

Anonymous

Ok, this is a really good site. But can you, all visitors, imagine there exist a website about guitar but without Johnny Winter. To me it’s impossible! It sound like a "crime", not a serious one.

Anonymous

He i am trying to get my hands on a set of Dirty Fingers exposed coils humbucking pickups + potmeters etc. etc. for my 1981 Flying V. I am trying to get it back to its original state ( as far as possible) does any one know where i might be able to get lucky?

Anonymous

Check out: http://www.kozaxs.com/pages/gibson.html they have some ’79’s for $125 which I think is kind of high but they are pretty cool so call em and they will ‘deal’ with you…. good luck. : He i am trying to get my hands on a set of Dirty Fingers exposed coils humbucking pickups + potmeters etc. etc. for my 1981 Flying V. I am trying to get it back to its original state ( as far as possible) does any one know where i might be able to get lucky?

Anonymous

hey thnx … it is a lot of money but at least i have found a couple 🙂

Anonymous

Does anyone know who makes the eigth note guitar strap that nils lofgren and some other players use! I was wondering cause i cant find it anywhere!

Anonymous

Hey, does anyone know, anything about the tom delonge model strat, im looking for a new guitar to play live and am a fan of blink as well. if any knows any pros or cons of this axe thatd be cool. MULLEN!!!

Anonymous

a defintie pro, would b its great sound. it has excellent bite. a con would b the tuners? i guess, i mean just like any other guitar that doesn’t have locking tremolo it falls out of tune. other wise there isn’t anything else i dislike. i have this guitar, and u should really consider getting it.

Anonymous

: Hey, does anyone know, anything about the tom delonge model strat, im looking for a new guitar to play live and am a fan of blink as well. if any knows any pros or cons of this axe thatd be cool. MULLEN!!! I would recomend you buy the squier as the body quality from the fender to squier isnt all that different the invest in the Seymour Duncan Invader Pickup and put that in, then you get the same sound for a lot less money, the get saving up for the mesa boogie amp he uses 😛 or u cud not buy any guitar yet and save For his new Gibson ES-333 sig. model which is the sexiest thing on the planet

Anonymous

hell yeh u shud buy tht guitar!! especially if ur a rythmn guitarist. i played 1 in a shop the other day and it had the sweetist growl i’ve heard yet. and it’ll wail when u bend and pinch harmonics sound awesum i wathced the shop owner as he dialled sum chorus in2 the amp and it sound sweet as a nut. i highly reccommend it. now, how can i get 700 quid?

Anonymous

I am looking for a fender telecaster thinline made by tokai. Could you direct me on that. Thank you Ron Have a nice day

Anonymous

if your gonna spend money to buy one of toms strat’s then don’t waste it on that shit. just send a strat to the shop and have it built like his. cuz those fukin suck they sound like fukin ass pooh too

Anonymous

fuck you julio hernandineedfuckeduptheass if blink are shit why the fuck do they have millions of fans all over the world watch what you say next time dickhead !!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

IT sucks cock, dont get that shitty guitar, Blink 182 sucks dick !!!!!!!!!! Who ever said that can go to hell

Anonymous

I love man cock, it tastes like watermelon, i like men

Anonymous

fuck you you little dick sucking taco boy

Anonymous

This is pesonally the best guitar I’ve ever used. Buy it. Also go to http://www.guitartabs.cc and go to a band called 11:23. Awsome band. Tom D. was actially the one who told me to check it out!

Anonymous

IT sucks cock, dont get that shitty guitar, Blink 182 sucks dick !!!!!!!!!! Who ever said that can go to hell

Anonymous

i’m thinking of getting this strat 2, cos i think they rule. awsome sound and cool colours.

Anonymous

pros: * good humbucker (invader) * cheap contras:* very bad sounding wood. * bad electronics (easy and cheap replacing). hope be helpful!! bye!!

Anonymous

Here’s a tip. Don’t buy a guitar just because your a fan of the guy who’s name is on it. Buy a guitar because it feels good, sounds good, and fits your budget. Jeff Healey is blind so he doesn’t care who’s name is on a guitar it or what it looks like. He goes to the store, try’s them out, and buys whatever feels good. He doesn’t even plug them in. Then he sends them to his guy who guts out the electronics and replaces it with what he Jeff Healey likes. Take it form the blind Master, if it feels good you’ll enjoy it better and play better. I went to the store to buy a Les Paul, came home with an SG. Reason? It felt so damn nice to play. : : pros: * good humbucker (invader) : * cheap : contras:* very bad sounding wood. : * bad electronics (easy and cheap replacing). : hope be helpful!! bye!!

Anonymous

POP POP HELLO IF YOU READING THIS YOUR A HOMO FAGGOT

Anonymous

i hate blink 182 they are dumb shits

Anonymous

Hey heres a tip i’ll buy the damn guitare if i want faggot!!!

Anonymous

: hkghkhg

Anonymous

Hey guys gals……my name is mike and just opend a site with a message board check it out plezzzz!!! http://www.gho.cjb.net thanks!

Anonymous

who invented the whami bar?

Anonymous

I would like to Know if I can use the auto Yah controlled by the strength of my plectrum (like sensivity in the Zoom pedal), instead of repetitive yah-yah. Is it possible to use the effects without amp modeling?. Thank you.

Anonymous

: I would like to Know if I can use the auto Yah controlled by the strength of my plectrum (like sensivity in the Zoom pedal), instead of repetitive yah-yah. Is it possible to use the effects without amp modeling?. Thank you. I have the same question. I have a used model and this is driving me absolutely crazy

Anonymous

The bridge pickup on my Epiphone les paul standard (about 2 years old) has gone quiet, like half volume; all the switches and pots work as normal. Is this a problem with the pickup or a loose wire somewhere (nothing obvious inside the back covers). I want my sound back! Are there simple tests I can do to check? – Suevite

Anonymous

I had a similar problem to this with my lawsuit explorer. Sometimes the hot lead going to the pickup selector isn’t making a proper connection. I had to re Soilder it to remedy this issue. The other problem could be a short inside the pickup. Often times in mass produced pickups the wiring around the bobin is not tentioned correctly when the turns are made and small shorts are made. These shorts can be made dramatically worse when some sort of corrosive fluid gets down into it (LIKE SWEAT, beer, soda, whatever you get the point) if this is the issue, you will either need a rewind.(if you really care that much about the pickup) Or, you will need to just get a new one. Which I heartily recomend anyway, I am not a big Epiphone pickup fan. Hpe that helps. -TheDM

Anonymous

It was the volume pot itself, which I had to have replaced, and now everything is working fine again. I think it had a ‘dead’ spot, but it has all been resoldered as well. In the end I checked the pickups by hotwiring them to the opposite pots, and they each showed the same dead characteristic on one pot, so I knew it wasn’t the pickup ..that was a relief. THanks for you help. Adrian

Anonymous

I recently purchase a brand new Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I adjusted the neck, it’s perfectly level. The bridge, the action, and the innotation are perfect. But my G and B strings will be perfect played open, But will be out of tune when I play a G chord for example. I’ve tried everything to remedy this situation. I can’t get it perfect! Anyone who has a solution to this problem PLEASE e-mail me! thanx!

Anonymous

Hi David, I don’t have the absolute solution but here are some hints: – what is your string gauge (vs your attack)? If you play like P Townsend on a 009-042 set, it is hard to keep it in tune. – Have you tried to tune your string only by tightenning? (never end the tuning by loosenning the tension, always tune up). Anyway, go back to your guitar shop, in general, new guitars need to be inspected one year after purchasing for fine tunning. Laurent

Anonymous

I disagree with these diagnosis of the problem somewhat. It very well may be possible that fretting and picking too hard may be the culprit, however I find that tuning issues such as these are not often the result of someone playing wrong. It has been my experience that people who notice these ‘tuning’ issues are already being careful to tune their instrument and play it gently to see if they fixed it when making adjustments. It’s hard for me to understand how so many people never complain of thes eproblems as if they’ve never owned a problem guitar, while others who notice the problem never seem to find a way to cure it. I owned a Gibson Les Paul that had a tuning problem along the neck, and I remidied it by setting the intonation at the 5th fret. This left the higher frets playing horribly sharp but I could at least play most power chords in tune. This was of course after I replaced the bridge with a shaller roller bridge to prevent it from shifting and knocking the whole guitar out of tune when I bent a string. The tuning issue with the neck ended up being the location of the string spacing nut. I am not sayng that the problem with my Les Paul was that it was lacking the buzz feiten tuning system either, it was just made wrong. I have owned 40 guitars of substancial value over the years, and 4 of them (that’s one out of ten) were built well enough to be set up and recorded once I took it home. The rest of them were all defective, and good luck to anyone who buys a defective guitar after being assured by the salesman that it only needs a "professional setup" and then wants it correctly repaired or replaced by the manufacturer after bringing it home and discovering that it will not play in tune. My advice to David Lewis would be to take the guitar to a luthier who would be willing to examine the frets and the nut for any minute flaws. Even small flaws can be aggravating when you want to be in tune. -Sethifer

Anonymous

Well if you guitars intonation is right as you say, then i will have to agree on the string gauge issue. Often times people press alltogether too hard on their strings while fretting. This results in a horrible sounding out of tune chording. This is especially prevalent on these newer guitars with the huge ass frets.

Anonymous

How in the world am I gonna get convidence without some suggestions. I’m using a Ibanez 4sting bass. Straplock system is already on. The example of spinng the guitar backwards is Static x’s guitaring in the video cold. Please reply seriously

Anonymous

There is only one way. Just try it! I know it’s kinda scary, but the trick to success, and not taking a piece off the back of your skull is, while attempting this, throw it out and around making sure the strap is tight and the guitar or bass is kept as far away from you as possible when you try it. Understand? Do it fast to, cause if you don’t, it’s gonna hurt! It’s gonna take a few tries before you get the hang of it, but it’ll come with practice.

Anonymous

i have a pt-104 and im not sure what to make of this equip.any sugg?

Anonymous

Hi, What is the solution to have a reverb on AC30/6 TBX (brand new ones)? Plug a Fender Tube reverb unit? Is it possible? How? I don’t like the solution "buy a AC15 TBX!". thanx by advance

Anonymous

Hi, What is the solution to have a reverb on AC30/6 TBX (brand new ones)? Plug a Fender Tube reverb unit? Is it possible? How? I don’t like the solution "buy a AC15 TBX!". thanx by advance

Anonymous

i play in a metal band (iron maiden/metallicaish) and i need an amp (i currently play through a fender super reverb and a metal zone-great amp but need a marshall!) anyway i was lookin at the Jcm 900 2100 Sl-x (can u play clean with this??), and jcm 900 4100, and a jcm 2000 dsl 100. please help me choose, thanx. ps i hear the 2100 slx is better for metal thatn the 4100. I DONT WANT THAT CRAPPY ASS KORN OR SLIPNOTE "TONE" thanx

Anonymous

can any one tell me the best sit for free guitar tab sheets. im interested in all sorts but can find nothing

Anonymous

A brilliant guitar site is reggieband.com/flash_guitar/

Anonymous

forget tabs. try using those floppy things on the side of your head to figure out tunes and you’ll actually grow as a musician.

Anonymous

man there lots of sites that offer free tabs. check out my site, it has some links in the music link http://www.gho.cjb.net

Anonymous

Hi there, does anybody know this guitar? I think it’s a cheap on. I cannot find any reference to it on the net. TIA http://www.xs4all.nl/~laracrof/guitars/medium_DCP_0077.jpg http://www.xs4all.nl/~laracrof/guitars/medium_DCP_0080.jpg Paul

Anonymous

im having the same problems

Anonymous

Thanks for your quick reply. I play a mex strat, the action is low and as i push the string the top of the finger being hard and the nail do not mute but with the pressure exerted on the open string causes it to twang. For example B string 12th fret bent up to 15 open G skates Off the fleshy part

Anonymous

I’m seeking the ultimate guitar recording thing. I got a POD (Line6) . It’s very innovative and helped me a lot. and it kicks ass compared to a lot of other units. I don’t wanna use amplifiers with a mic…it’s too difficult to get the right setup and you need a big budget. I want your opinion…what’S the best from all these recording things ?? I’m into Metal…and I need a heavy tubey harmonic sound. no syntetic-shit. – POD – H & K TUBEMAN – BOSS GT6 – Tech21…SANS AMP-Stuff – ENGL Tube Toner – ……????what else NO Amp, No Stage….please only according to direct-in recording !!

Anonymous

: I’m seeking the ultimate guitar recording thing. : I got a POD (Line6) . It’s very innovative and helped me a lot. and it kicks ass compared to a lot : of other units. : I don’t wanna use amplifiers with a mic…it’s too difficult to get the right setup and you need a big budget. : I want your opinion…what’S the best from all these recording things ?? : I’m into Metal…and I need a heavy tubey harmonic sound. no syntetic-shit. : – POD : – H & K TUBEMAN : – BOSS GT6 : – Tech21…SANS AMP-Stuff : – ENGL Tube Toner : – ……????what else : NO Amp, No Stage….please only according to direct-in recording !! I just sold my POD. I think it’s shit but some people like it I guess. I just picked up a zoom board, the distortion is sick but the other effect are a little limited. Still pick up a boss delay, a danelectro chorus and your set.

Anonymous

the tube toner is awesome! i have one myself, but i’m selling it on monday ’cause i just bought an ENGL Savage 120 and i need a Z12 footswitch…

Anonymous

Anonymous

I was doing a search on the web and noticed that you have a collaborator with my name. Can you please tell him to contact me to see if we are relatives? Thanks, Javier Schoendorff

Anonymous

I have a problem with the pickup on my accoustic/electric. The D and G strings are either muted or too faint to be heard. How do I fix this?

Anonymous

seeking info on a "Rex All American" archtop acoustic distributed by Gretsch in 1942 [special WWll issue. Any ideas will be appreciated

Anonymous

Can anybody help, when i push the strings to bend up a full tone my finger end plucks the adjacent string, I know this is just technique but i have a problem .

Anonymous

By plucking the other string do you mean your nail is ‘grabbing’ it on the way down, or are you releasing the string while bent and the other bent strings along with it ??? while bending the ‘meaty’ part of your finger should only be in contact with the adjacent string(s), muting them so they dont sound… also that is another technique to bend up a string and grab adjacent strings and then bend and release them on the release of the original string… but I digress, so you just have to practice till you got it clean, and experiment with what is happening as it is a useful ‘technique’ too. : Can anybody help, when i push the strings to bend up a full tone my finger end plucks the adjacent string, I know this is just technique but i have a problem .

Anonymous

Hi all, anyone after scanned tab books and songs should go check out #guitartabs on dalnet irc. There’s a whole bunch of servers running with plenty of stuff to dl. Seeya.

Anonymous

Hi, I’m trying to put the channel up again, but as DALNET doesn’t work well lately I’ll be doing tests during weekends and afternoons (some people has to work dudes!) If you want some scanned tabs join and together we can make a great channel again. Remember #Guitartabs on EFNET.

Anonymous

This is my friend’s band and I’m helping them to get some feedback. http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/2_BIT_JIVE/index-1.html What songs do you like the most? Do they need more or less of anything? This is their first attempt at recording so any / all feedback is appreciated. If you want me to check out your work, pls. post the link and I will be happy too. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

<style>center, p{font-size:12pt;font-weight:normal;}</style></h1> .

Anonymous

Thank you Irving Feldman and Rick for your help.Sadly for me I am now even more confused after seeing Mk’s picture on the cover of "Sailing to Philadelphia" sitting on what appears to be a Gibson amplifier and holding an "ES335"(or similar)Gibson guitar

Anonymous

yeah he uses so many guitars, there is a website somewhere (cant remember right now tho, do a search on net, it’ll come up, ) which lists all his gear and axes etc, way cool. Mk is my fav guitarist, the way he plays is awesome!! G

Anonymous

Jackson/charvel serial numbers

This popular thread has been given its own page : Jackson/charvel serial numbers

Anonymous

I think this piece is by Philip Corner (in English, Through the Mysterious Barricade). A friend tells me that there is a version of this played on steel guitar, and I was interested in finding out whether anyone knows anything about it.

Anonymous

Looking for Guitar Tabliture for Trey Anastasio. "A Night Speaks to a Woman" and other songs. Can anyone help me out? See you at the shows, Doug

Anonymous
        Anonymous

yeah lets get some trey tabs, "drifting" & "aliv again" perhaps. -kelan

Anonymous

does anyone know where to find charlie hunter or tuck andress sheetmusic/tab

Anonymous

: does anyone know where to find tuck andress sheetmusic/tab

Anonymous

can someone suggest a site or a store that sells cheap prs.

Anonymous

cheap PRS == oxymoron ??? : can someone suggest a site or a store that sells cheap prs.

Anonymous

Does someone know what Gibson guitar and Marshall amp models Guns & Roses’s Slash used to record APPETITE FOR DISTRUCTION? Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

he used a gibson les paul premium plus and a jcm 800….. he used not a 2555 because the 2555 was built in 1988…

Anonymous

: he used a gibson les paul premium plus and a jcm 800….. : he used not a 2555 because the 2555 was built in 1988… sorry for my english but i’m an italian boy

Anonymous

Keep in mind dude, no guitarist uses the same guitar for an entire album. Slash has probably 30 to 40 different Les Pauls and numerous b.c. rich guitars as well as a Fender Stratocaster or two. He is most known however, for using a standard les paul with Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups (which are also in his signature guitar)

Anonymous

Slash used an 87’les paul standard for appetite for destruction.I’m pretty positive that he also used his signature amp tooo.

Anonymous

For appetite, he used a JCM 800 2203 in the studio and a 2555 Live He used a Les Paul 59 Replica made by max guitar

Anonymous

: For appetite, he used a JCM 800 2203 in the studio and a 2555 Live : He used a Les Paul 59 Replica made by max guitar >>sorry dude, but slash used a marshall silver jubille 2550 head during the recording of appetite. But i odnt know whayt kind of les paul knockoff it was.

Anonymous

: Does someone know what Gibson guitar and Marshall amp models Guns & Roses’s Slash used to record APPETITE FOR DISTRUCTION? Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

slash uses multiple differant gibson les pauls as well as a bc rich mockingbird. for amps he uses his own signature marshall jubilee stack

Anonymous

: Does someone know what Gibson guitar and Marshall amp models Guns & Roses’s Slash used to record APPETITE FOR DISTRUCTION? Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks. Slash typically uses a Les Paul of some sort (he has a variety that he chooses from). Amp is a Marshall 2555 Jubilee head.

Anonymous

hi. would someone teach me how to play this damn thing!!!

Anonymous

For some reason it doesn’t suprise me that Wes Borland doesn’t know how to play an E chord…

Anonymous

LOL! Don’t worry about it buddy, I can play Metallica, AC~DC, System of a Down, Blink 182, Red Hot Chili Pepper, and so much more, and I hardly know ANY of my basic stuff! HA HA HA.

Anonymous

: For some reason it doesn’t suprise me that Wes Borland doesn’t know how to play an E chord… But now he is on the road to enlightenment, I can’t wait for the next cd… will we be credited ??? 🙂

Anonymous

open is just 3rd string 1st fret, 4th & 5th strings second fret, barred at the 7th fret (mid 4 strings), and there are many other voicings… best thing to do is get a chord reference book or there are many webpages that show chord construction. : hi. would someone teach me how to play this damn thing!!!

Anonymous

Is anyone familiar with barre chords based on the c shape, d shape, and g shape(and their minors)? If so , are these monkeyfinger chords(i.e. an open c minor barre shape) bad for your hands?

Anonymous

These barre cordal ‘shapes’ are essential and are not ‘bad’ for your hands, just practice them till you get used to forming them. : Is anyone familiar with barre chords based on the c shape, d shape, and g shape(and their minors)? If so , are these monkeyfinger chords(i.e. an open c minor barre shape) bad for your hands?

Anonymous

boss gt6 MIDI aaaaaahhhhh

This popular thread has been given its own page : boss gt6 MIDI aaaaaahhhhh

Anonymous

Tokia guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tokia guitars

Anonymous

JET HARRIS legendary guitarist with THE SHADOWS now lives on the Isle of Wight, England and has just signed a new record deal with Island label Solent Records at the first, sell out, concert of this summer’s nation-wide tour on Sunday 5th May at Medina Theatre Newport IW. The tour also features guest stars Mike Berry and John Leyton. So far the tour will take in Croydon, Exeter, Worcester, Scarborough, Northumberland, Merseyside and Chippingham – more venues to be confirmed Jet begins pre recording rehearsals with his band on the Island from 6th May before transferring to a studio in Gloucestershire from May 13th The Album, titled ‘DIAMONDS ARE TRUMPS’, is being released by Solent Records and will be more widely available than any other album since his days with Tony Meehan. It will be on sale on his tour and also through independent record shops and at least HMV. National distribution will be handled between Solent Records and Nervous Records. His drummer on the new recording is the legendary Bobby Graham, who in the Sixties was voted the top session drummer in the country, having drummed on over 15,000 titles. Much more background information on Jet is on his brand new website http://www.jet-harris.com

Anonymous

I passed by a local pawn shop and he has a GIBSON guitar for the 60’s. I dont know the history of gibsons but it says gibson on the head stock and on the tension bar cover it says something like MARAIDER. I need to know if this is real or not before i buy it. pleas email at [email protected] subject GIBSON

Anonymous

It’s a Gibson Marauder, made in the late 70’s in Gibson’s Nashville factory. It’s a mahogany body with a maple bolt on neck. It has a humbucker in front, with a single coil in back. Gibson also made one with 3 single coils called the S-1. If you can get it for less than $300, and it’s not all tore up, go for it.

Anonymous

i want to thank kevin at [email protected] for making accesable the tab for "cry for a shadow" this instramental is early beatles and if anybody wants it the tab and chords are available

Anonymous

Could you also please send me the chords and tabs please?

Anonymous

: i want to thank kevin at [email protected] for : making accesable the tab for "cry for a shadow" this : instramental is early beatles and if anybody wants it : the tab and chords are available Could you please send me the tab for cry for a shadow, I would be very grateful thank you

Anonymous

Zanima me da li je to moj kolega iz ex Fulbrajta. Ako jeste, neka se javi. Hvala. Sasa

Anonymous

I would very much appreciate getting the tab and chords for "Cry for a Shadow." Thank you, Bojan Drndic : i want to thank kevin at [email protected] for : making accesable the tab for "cry for a shadow" this : instramental is early beatles and if anybody wants it : the tab and chords are available

Anonymous

Thank you Kevin…. from the Beatles’ Tribute Band " The Silver Beatles " I Have seen your show on Many occasions and You guys are The Gods Of Beatles" Tribute Bands !!! Thank you Also for the Tabs For The Beatles Instrumental:" Cry For A Shadow " A true Beatles’ Original and classic !!! It is Note For Note PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!! Robert

Anonymous

You are very welcome Rob. Come up to me at the next show you come to. Kevin

Anonymous

Has anybody had experience with these saddles? I’ve read the blurb which says they’re the best thing since sliced cheeze but someone told me they can make the guitar feel dead. I have a G&L S500 with the cast metal saddles which keep developing pits. And breaking the strings.

Anonymous

I have them on my Strat, and they work and sound great!

Anonymous

Anyone know of a place in Florida to service an ill-tempered V-G8 unit quickly? I need it to perform and many of the preset sounds seem to be corrupted. HELP!

Anonymous

roland gp16

This popular thread has been given its own page : roland gp16

Anonymous

steve stevens guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : steve stevens guitar

Anonymous

Martin SPD16K2 to be or not to be

This popular thread has been given its own page : Martin SPD16K2 to be or not to be

Anonymous

Hallo, I´m from Germany-Sorry for my bad english! I´m searching for informations about my Bond Electraglide "black".I think it´s from 1985. Can anybody help me? (Price at the moment, How many of this guitars where build…) Thanks!!!!!

Anonymous

Hi, You probably know all this by now but I’ll tell you what I know anyway. Bond Guitars was set up in 1984 by Andrew Bond (sadly died in 1999), Bond opened their factory in a small vilage in the scotish highalnds called Muir of Ord (aprox 20 miles from where I live). The factory went bust in 1986 and no more guitars were built. they only made around 1400 of them, the majority of those wwere a fixed bridge model the trmelo models are extremly rare. Unfortunately the company went bust before it sorted out all of the problems with the instrument and were allready bankrupt before the Electraglide was launched, the main problem being the power supply, and specialised lead. The lead is brital and caries the power and audio signal, the power supply is fragile, dropping it or even standing on it could break the main board (there is a rather heavy transformer mounted on a main board which is in turn mounted in the center of box). Also if the electronics fail it is almost impossible to get replacement parts for (most of the chips are now obsolite), so look after it 🙂 I believe they sell for anywhere between £600 – £1200 (900 to 1800 EUR). I have come across earlier models with a poly carbon fret board and even one with a custom power lead (a clip in 5 DIN plug instead of the standard 14" jack). One was recently displayed at the Boston museum. They come in either black or black. I don’t own one but wish I did, I was recently offered one but don’t think I can afford it 🙁 Hope this helps. Happy Electrogliding 🙂

Anonymous

I have a 1956 Fender strat which I purchased from Guitar City in LA 30 years ago S/N 11215 No case ,original warn state. Any Ideas how much its worth. >Guy Sanderson

Anonymous

alot… but depends on the condition, get it appraised by a dealer. : I have a 1956 Fender strat which I purchased from Guitar City in LA 30 years ago S/N 11215 : No case ,original warn state. Any Ideas how much its worth. : >Guy Sanderson

Anonymous

"unheard of guitar" (GC Rich not BC)

This popular thread has been given its own page : "unheard of guitar" (GC Rich not BC)

Anonymous

questions about westone raider 2 guitar and strings

This popular thread has been given its own page : questions about westone raider 2 guitar and strings

Anonymous

boss gt5 , gt6, roland gp100

This popular thread has been given its own page : boss gt5 , gt6, roland gp100

Anonymous

Hi everyone, I try to find a sound similar to the one we can hear on lead part of the song I will survive, from Cake. I’m using a Boss GT-6. Thanks

Anonymous

Hi, I have a Yamaki Deluxe FOLK No. AY 331 that I would like to sell. It is in really good condition and sounds great. I’m selling it because I do not have time to play much anymore. For pictures go to: http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/kinkbiker0 Click on "Stuff". Please *E-MAIL* me with an offer if you are interested. Thanks.

Anonymous

Hi, I was just wondering if you still have this guitar for sale? Thanks, Nick : Hi, I have a Yamaki Deluxe FOLK No. AY 331 that I would like to sell. It is in really good condition and sounds great. I’m selling it because I do not have time to play much anymore. For pictures go to: : http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/kinkbiker0 : Click on "Stuff". : Please *E-MAIL* me with an offer if you are interested. : Thanks.

Anonymous

I want to buy my first acoustic guitar. My budget is pretty small…$150. Any suggestions would be great!!

Anonymous

: I want to buy my first acoustic guitar. My budget is pretty small…$500. Any suggestions would be great!!

Anonymous

How’s it going? So you need a guitar for under $200? A good place to check is e-bay. You can find all kinds of deals on there. Also, Fender makes a decent beginners acoustic. I think it runs about $200 though. Another idea go to muiciansfriend.com look for a guitar company called Rogue. They make a decent budget guitar A close friend of mine purchase a very nice Rogue acoustic with beautiful inlays. It is a great sounding guitar. And the price is just perfect for you! Good luck! My e-mail is [email protected] if you need more info. I’ll e-mail you back if needed. p.s. It’s guitar, not guiter.

Anonymous

I need someone to help me be able to tell which Gibson Flying V I have.

Anonymous

Amanda, Send me an email, and I will help you date your Flying V. Do you have the serial number? TR : I need someone to help me be able to tell which Gibson Flying V I have.

Anonymous

Hi, actually, I have now gotten the date for it and issue. It’s an 82 or 83 Heritage model but now I’m looking for market value. If you can still help that would be great. Thanks. ~Amanda

Anonymous

Email: [email protected] Dating is the first step, the next step is determining how much original equipment is still on the guitar. grading the finish, is the case still in tact, etc etc. : Hi, actually, I have now gotten the date for it and issue. It’s an 82 or 83 Heritage model but now I’m looking for market value. If you can still help that would be great. Thanks. : ~Amanda

Anonymous

can anyone recommend a good free downloadable program for setting up looping chord progressions to practice soloing over? thanks.

Anonymous

what are the best bass strings on the market? and where can i find them

Anonymous

Go to your local shop and try a few different types. See what you like. Different people prefer different strings depending on their chemistry in the sweat and their finger shape, toughness. I’d try Blue Steel’s. : what are the best bass strings on the market? and where can i find them

Anonymous

for all you people out there who don’t try to find the best guitarists and rather are happy with the ones you know how about looking up jason becker/marty friedman as Cacophany. They are the most intense thing ive heard and they can still make the best ballads equal to steve vai. Its a shame they arent better known for the incredible musicians they were from such a young age.

Anonymous

Amen.Check this out: http://www.michaelnickens.com: for all you people out there who don’t try to find the best guitarists and rather are happy with the ones you know how about looking up jason becker/marty friedman as Cacophany. They are the most intense thing ive heard and they can still make the best ballads equal to steve vai. Its a shame they arent better known for the incredible musicians they were from such a young age.

Anonymous

Anyone out there had the Buzz Feiten Conversion done to your guitar? How is it now?

Anonymous

The picture on the cover of the Chet Atkins/Mark Knopfler recording "Neck and Neck" shows Mark with a Fender with a name that looks like "pinsa suite".Can someone please tell me something about this guitar. Thank you in advance

Anonymous

It probably says "Pensa Suhr," John Suhr built guitars for quite a few pretty famnous guys while working for a guy named Rudy Pensa. Now John builds top-quality strat-styles under the name Suhr Guitars. -Rick

Anonymous

As does Rudy Pensa…

Anonymous

I really don’t have a clue about the "pinsa suite" or whatever it is thing, but Mark Knopfler actually rarely plays true blue Fender Strats. He has a Schecter copy of a Strat which I’ve seen him play very often, so that might be it.

Anonymous

Dear Sir or Ms: You are recommended by the famous Music friends. We are very glad to aware of you have widely experience,higher reputation and a much larger potential customers in the music line. We admire you are growing business increasingly.I would like to take the apportunity to wish you be getting on well with your business and become stonger and stonger.According to your condition,We would like to offer you an appoint as an agent in your country.We don’t know if you would accept. If you accept, I wish to express our desire to establish a happy and lasting workship relations with you ! Please allow me introduce ourselves to you. We are OEM and ODM manufacture.We ‘ve been providing award-winning amplification, Dj mixer,Power mixer products since 1996, we have been recognized as the Amplifer, DJ mixer and Power mixer line of the year all over the world.We have built an outstanding reputation in the musical equipment industry as a supplier of products with innovative features, excellent sound and outstanding value. Please visit our website: http://www.tempoamps.com You will see our full products including company profile and product spec etc.If you are interested in our products, We are looking forward to taking sample and purchase Our importing materials is approved by ISO 9001 quanlity system.Each step of our production flow is inspected by QC strictly. Our product is approved by government.Above all, Our quotation is so low that there will be no other firm that is in a position to make a more favorable bid.If you work with us sincerely,We sell at the website price of 75%.At the meantime, Our products function is multiple: DJ MIXER-sm1000 is very smallest and function is very strongly all over the world. PS4000 sound effect is very clearly without AC hum high. We attend the all types of shows For example NAMM and Frank Musik Messe show. Our PS 4000, SM1000 and PR15 as well as the related product is attractive deeply in the oversea customers. We won the goodwill among the oversea customers.Due to we have the well-developed R&D and orgnization,advanced philosophy,best quality and make us deliver quickly without the effects. All in all, If you need to inquiry, Please contact us by E-mail: [email protected] Website: http://www.tempoamps.com Contact: Mr. ZHOU We look forward to hearing from you soon! Best regards,

Anonymous

I don’t think I would buy a "government approved" amp, just dosen’t seem rock-n-roll to me. : : Dear Sir or Ms: : You are recommended by the famous Music friends. We are very glad to aware of you have widely experience,higher reputation and a much larger potential customers in the music line. We admire you are growing business increasingly.I would like to take the apportunity to wish you be getting on well with your business and become stonger and stonger.According to your condition,We would like to offer you an appoint as an agent in your country.We don’t know if you would accept. If you accept, I wish to express our desire to establish a happy and lasting workship relations with you ! : Please allow me introduce ourselves to you. We are OEM and ODM manufacture.We ‘ve been providing award-winning amplification, Dj mixer,Power mixer products since 1996, we have been recognized as the Amplifer, DJ mixer and Power mixer line of the year all over the world.We have built an outstanding reputation in the musical equipment industry as a supplier of products with innovative features, excellent sound and outstanding value. : Please visit our website: http://www.tempoamps.com You will see our full products including company profile and product spec etc.If you are interested in our products, We are looking forward to taking sample and purchase Our importing materials is approved by ISO 9001 quanlity system.Each step of our production flow is inspected by QC strictly. Our product is approved by government.Above all, Our quotation is so low that there will be no other firm that is in a position to make a more favorable bid.If you work with us sincerely,We sell at the website price of 75%.At the meantime, Our products function is multiple: DJ MIXER-sm1000 is very smallest and function is very strongly all over the world. PS4000 sound effect is very clearly without AC hum high. We attend the all types of shows For example NAMM and Frank Musik Messe show. Our PS 4000, SM1000 and PR15 as well as the related product is attractive deeply in the oversea customers. We won the goodwill among the oversea customers.Due to we have the well-developed R&D and orgnization,advanced philosophy,best quality and make us deliver quickly without the effects. : All in all, If you need to inquiry, Please contact us by E-mail: [email protected] : Website: http://www.tempoamps.com : Contact: Mr. ZHOU : We look forward to hearing from you soon! : Best regards, : : : : :

Anonymous

Hi could anyone help me wit some good settings for like a heavy or rock sounding distortion for the triple rectifier third channel.

Anonymous

: Hi could anyone help me wit some good settings for like a heavy or rock sounding distortion for the triple rectifier third channel. And I want the clean to be crips but not too punchy.

Anonymous

I set the presence almost all of the way down, the gain around 3:00 depending on my volume, bass at 11:00, mid at 11:00 and treble at 1:00. You are going to get a ton of bass out of this amp. Your speaker set up will also effect your tone. If you want to hear how this sounds on tape, you can listen to a demo tune that I recorded at home on http://www.garageband.com. It is listed under the Metal catagory and the group is called FIST! Only one tune to download. Good luck and I hope that this helps you.

Anonymous

what's the best humbucker?

This popular thread has been given its own page : what’s the best humbucker?

Anonymous

Please Help if anyone can, I need an original wiring diagram for an E-B3 Gibson Bass that is being restored. wan’t to try and do it profesh as possible… (Try? there is no try, only Do or Not do… Yoda)

Anonymous

I am looking for an answer here. The Gibson Flying V Electric Guitar has many reissues of the original. I have one and I need to know exactly which one it is. I believe its a Heritage model b/c of the "A followed with three numbers" serial number. But I’ve also been told that it could be a 3rd re-issue. I know wuite a bit about these guitars but I am left a little directionless with this particular question. Help.

Anonymous

You have a 1981 Heritage 58 Reissue. The A denotes Heritage year 1981 for sure. B was used for 1981 – 82 C was used for 82 – 83 and D was used for 83. Hope that helps. TR.

Anonymous

Hi Tr, that does help a lot for the exact year. Thank you. ~Amanda

Anonymous

Victor Garcia Valencia Spain classical guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Victor Garcia Valencia Spain classical guitar

Anonymous

CONRAD GUITAR

This popular thread has been given its own page : CONRAD GUITAR

Anonymous

How is STAGG guitars quality???

This popular thread has been given its own page : How is STAGG guitars quality???

Anonymous

What the ugliest guitar you can find, id like to see a picture of what anyone else can find

Anonymous

– Anything "gothic", warlock/beast… "pointy body" stuff like that – Any guitar w/lots of stickers and writing… put em on your case. – Bigbsy’s, just don’t like the way they look , I love my gretsch CG (w/bigbsy), but still think it makes the guitar look awful… and especially the Angus Young (I think) SG w/one. : What the ugliest guitar you can find, id like to see a picture of what anyone else can find

Anonymous

That fernandes that looks like a dick. We regularly refer to it as a wangcaster

Anonymous

– Anything "gothic", warlock/beast… "pointy body" stuff like that – Any guitar w/lots of stickers and writing… put em on your case. – Bigbsy’s, just don’t like the way they look , I love my gretsch CG (w/bigbsy), but still think it makes the guitar look awful… and especially the Angus Young (I think) SG w/one. : What the ugliest guitar you can find, id like to see a picture of what anyone else can find

Anonymous

: What the ugliest guitar you can find, id like to see a picture of what anyone else can find THAT SQUARE PIECE OF CRAP THAR BO DIDDLY USED TO PLAY

Anonymous

Hey Mike. In my opinion, there are no TRULY ugly guitars, but there sure as heck are a lot of strange looking ones. I’ll list them here: Metropolitan Tanglewood (www.metropolitanguitars.com) G&L Comanche (www.glguitars.com) Anything in the Gibson Designer Series (www.gibson.com) Schecter Custom Orpheus (www.schecterguitars.com/sgr_home_fl.htm) Hope I helped ya! Go to the websites to find pictures

Anonymous

I have a Japanese Charvel model 4 with guitar logo, dot inlays, pickup config. H/S/S 1 volume & 2 tone controls 3 mini toggle swithes. I need a wiring diagram bad!! Please help!!

Anonymous

I have the Charvel Model 4 wiring diagram. Let me know if you still need it and I will send it to you.

Anonymous

: I have the Charvel Model 4 wiring diagram. Let me know if you still need it and I will send it to you. Please send me the wiring diagrams. I am rebuilding one to factory specs. Thanks

Anonymous

check this out: http://pub52.ezboard.com/fjacksoncharvelforumfrm17.showMessage?topicID=811.topic : I have a Japanese Charvel model 4 with guitar logo, dot inlays, : pickup config. H/S/S 1 volume & 2 tone controls 3 mini toggle swithes. : I need a wiring diagram bad!! : Please help!!

Anonymous

I like how les paul’s play. i was wondering if the action on the sg is about the same. Are the materials used as good. What are the downsides to an SG

Anonymous

SG just stands for "Small Guitar." They should play about the same, really, if they are both Gibsons.

Anonymous

I own a Les Paul Custom with an SG body. So basically it’s an SG Custom with Les Paul electronics and layout. I was going to buy a Les Paul but after trying out the 2 I prefered the SG. Just loved the double cutaway. One drawback I find is that the SG is extremely top heavy so when you wear a strap and play standing the guitar slides down. No big deal it’s so light you can hold it up with your fretting hand and actually pivot the guitar easily aiding in string bending. Try the 2 out and see which you prefer. : I like how les paul’s play. i was wondering if the action on the sg is about the same. Are the materials used as good. What are the downsides to an SG

Anonymous

What's the difference between a baritone guitar and a normal guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : What’s the difference between a baritone guitar and a normal guitar?

Anonymous

Where can I find an OEM wiring diagram for a Gibson EB-3 (has humbucker, mini-humbucker@bridge, 2V, 2T and 4-pos. rotary selector? Thanks all for any help.

Anonymous

: Where can I find an OEM wiring diagram for a Gibson EB-3 (has humbucker, mini-humbucker@bridge, 2V, 2T and 4-pos. rotary selector? Thanks all for any help. I have one. email me an I will send it to you. Dave

Anonymous

Hey guys, I bet there are a bunch of awesome guitarists out there reading this. I just finished writing my new website http://www.guitarbattle.com. The site is a place for guitarists to post their mp3’s, listen to others, post messages, vote on other guitarists’ mp3’s and more. Best of all: It’s totally FREE. Made for guitarists by guitarists. So please check the site out and battle someone today. Thanks. Rob L GuitarBattle.com Founder

Anonymous

HI. I’m looking for Hans Zimmer’s "Nyah" solo. if someone has it pleace send it to me [email protected] i’ll be really thanksful

Anonymous

Hi, I went to a music store and found a used mexican fender stratocaster fir $250. Is that a good deal? I also need to know what kind of amp to get to just use at home(nothing fancy). Your input is appriciated!

Anonymous

Hi Aaron. Do try the Marshall G 15R CD. I’ve just got one and I’m impressed; it’s ideal for home and small gigs at 15 watts. The CD suffix means that you can run the stereo through it to play along to your fave tracks. Price: around £80.

Anonymous

If u got it, please email it to me… Cheers!

Anonymous

I would apreciate it if you could email it to me if u have it… Cheers!

Anonymous

does anyone know any good sites?

Anonymous

GO TO http://WWW.BLACKLABELSOCIETY.NET AND CLICK ON TABLATURES YOU FUCKING MORONS

Anonymous

hahahahhaaha :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Anonymous

GO TO http://WWW.BLACKLABELSOCIETY.NET AND CLICK ON TABLATURES YOU FUCKING MORONS

Anonymous

: does anyone know any good sites?

Anonymous

: does anyone know any good sites? i dunno but pls msg me if u find any coz i need them 2

Anonymous

Go to http://www.blacklabelsociety.net, look around, and you’ll find it.

Anonymous

robert palmer's 'bad case of loving you'

This popular thread has been given its own page : robert palmer’s ‘bad case of loving you’

Anonymous

Vox footswitch !?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Vox footswitch !?

Anonymous

best buy zoom gfx8 vs. digitech gnx1

Anonymous

please help – where can i find tab on jason becker;s "Images" ? thanks

Anonymous

: please help – where can i find tab on jason becker;s "Images" ? thanks hello -you can find tabs here.www.gatesofinfinity.com

Anonymous

Looking for gt3 patches

Anonymous

: Looking for gt3 patches

Anonymous

: : Looking for gt3 patches like QUEEN SANTANA LED ZEPPELIN PINK FLOYD etc

Anonymous

If anyone out there has or has tried out the Randall RH200 head, I could use some info. I looked up some reviews and found just about everything I want to know except a couple things–how it sounds at loud volumes on each channel. Do any of the channels break up or get muddy? Are any of the channels noisy or give a lot of feedback when not playing? Also, how is the sustain on the gain channels? I play mostly grind-core and I need good sustain and a quiet amp since I do a lot of stops. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

I sell my red-hard body Hofner for 150$……….please, if you’re interested, just send me a e-mail, and i’ll write you back

Anonymous

: I sell my red-hard body Hofner for 150$……….please, if you’re interested, just send me a e-mail, and i’ll write you back I THIUNK YOU FULL OF THE SHIT…NOW PLEES GO AWAY

Anonymous

: : I sell my red-hard body Hofner for 150$……….please, if you’re interested, just send me a e-mail, and i’ll write you back : I THIUNK YOU FULL OF THE SHIT…NOW PLEES GO AWAY I’m interested about your item, but I’d like you to send me a pic of the item, and tell me where are you from.

Anonymous

: I sell my red-hard body Hofner for 150$……….please, if you’re interested, just send me a e-mail, and i’ll write you back YOUR EMAIL DONT SEEM TO WORK

Anonymous

I’m looking for a Pantera/Slayer sound, something that sounds really heavy, but I could still solo with. I’m currently using a boss heavy metal distortion pedal with a Gibson Gothic Les Paul threw a Peavy Trans-Tube. Any good suggestion on how to set my distortion pedal.

Anonymous

The biggest problem in that setup, is the pedal. You (hard as you might try), are never going to get anything but flabby bottom crap out of that pedal. I don’t want to recomend a metal zone, but even that would be better.

Anonymous

Check out guitargeek.com. Find D. Darell from Pantera. You need A LOT of money for really good heavy sound.

Anonymous

I just bought a squier stagemaster withe those floyd rose locks. It won’t tune right. I’ll tune it and lock it but the it’s out of tune. Then i’ll re-tune it and five minutes later it’s all messed up and low. I need to know how to work this thing.

Anonymous

Heres a good link about setting up a FR: http://www.homeguitarrepair.com/tremolo/tremolo1.html I have several guitars w/FR trems, and they can be frustrating at first, but after awhile you will get the hang of it… patience is a virtue here. : I just bought a squier stagemaster withe those floyd rose locks. It won’t tune right. I’ll tune it and lock it but the it’s out of tune. Then i’ll re-tune it and five minutes later it’s all messed up and low. : I need to know how to work this thing.

Anonymous

I bought the same guitar.I had the same problem. The licensed parts that come with that guitar aren’t made to do the job. You will need to get some real Floyd Rose parts. Don’t order the new parts from Carvin, they will send you the wrong parts and not give you time to install them and return them. You will need to know this: the fretboard radius is 9.5"(241mm), the scale length is 25.5"(648mm) and the nut width is 1.65"(42 mm). You need to get the parts matching those specs. And remember, don’t let anyone tell you anything else tell you that any minor differences from those specs will not make any difference. Because it makes a huge difference when you get bad parts on your guitar. Also do not order any from the Steward & MacDonald catalog. EVER!!! They will sell you phony parts that they advertise as real parts and they will rip you off!! Same goes for Carvin.

Anonymous

Hello, I have the following pedals. Can any1 help me with the order that i should connect them in ? 1. Boss graphic equalizer 2. DOD FX53 tube driver 3. boss OD-3 turbo overdrive 4. Boss distortion 5. Boss Chorus Ensemble 6. Ibanez Compressor sustainer 7. Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay Thanks Mahim

Anonymous

1- Filter effects (such as wah or phaser) 2- Compressor 3- Distortion and overdrive pedals 4- Equalizers 5- Pitch effects 6- Modulation effects (such as chorus or flanger) 7- Echo effects (delays and reverbs) In the end it’s up to you. Each guitar player as his own effect sequence. Just make sure u place delays and reverbs last.

Anonymous

Why does delay have to be the last pedal to put in your setup? I currently have: 1.Boss Digital Delay DD-6 2.Dunlop Crybaby Wah 3.Boss Tremelo 4.Electro-Harmonix Small Stone 5.Digitech Whammy 4 The reason why I ask is because when I put my Delay at the end and try to produce an echo of a signal while using any of the other effects, the delayed signal only comes back clean. In order to get it to work I have to put my delay first. Whats the deal?

Anonymous

I’ am trying to find out some information on these and not having much luck on the net. Does anyone have the skinny on these? Thanks

Anonymous

U know th H’s behween the number in the tabs…

Anonymous

These are Hammer-ons and pull-offs It just means that rather than pick the note, you either hammer your finger to the fretboard at the # specified, or pulloff the previous note to the new fret # specified without picking.

Anonymous

Yeh mera india i love my india bharat mata ki jay!!

Anonymous

Also what do the p’s mean?

Anonymous

they are the pulloffs h-hammeron p-pulloff

Anonymous

I’m trying to find contact information for a company/guy [in Greensboro, NC me thinks] that makes SUPER-HOT output humbucker pickups under the name "Rosco." Anyone have any info or know what I’m talking about? The last set I heard was on a guitar in 1994 at a recording session…Best sound I’ve heard. TIA

Anonymous

You are talking about Roscoe Guitars. Keith Roscoe is the builder and does live in greensboro. In the 90’s he made 6 string guitars that were incredible and now only makes bass guitars. They aren’t cheap but they are amazing!!!

Anonymous

yes they are .I have a six string bass and a seven string bass both of them are rosco and the sound are amazing

Anonymous

I bought my son a Kay guitar at a flea market and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to find out how old it is and what it is worth?

Anonymous

: I bought my son a Kay guitar at a flea market and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to find out how old it is and what it is worth? ELECTRIC OR ACOUSTIC?? MY GUESS WOULD BE FROM THE SIXTIES.THE VALUE WOULD DEPEND ON THE MODEL AND CONDIDION

Anonymous

TARGA???

This popular thread has been given its own page : TARGA???

Anonymous

chuc ban suc khoe

Anonymous

If anyone has any techniques or special tunings they wish to share with this bow using beginner. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Anonymous

If all else fails, save up money for an electric violin…no joke, there ARE electric violins. I wouldn’t know what they are like though. That’s cool though, playing a violin bow on a e-g. Tea Party did that :D. (I think they bow would get ruined after, though.)

Anonymous

You may want to check out the original guy Jimmy Page who started using a bow. The modern Jimmy Page is Jeff Martin of The Tea Party and he does a wicked bow on an electric. Jimmy Page took a few lessons on Jeff’s bow skills. Maybe email The Tea Party for a few tips form Jeff Martin himself. Keep that bow rosened up and experiment. : If anyone has any techniques or special tunings they wish to share with this bow using beginner. It would be greatly appreciated. : Thanx

Anonymous

But i am a loser!

Anonymous

Of course, like most things Jimmy Page gets credit for, he stole it from someone else. (see the Small Faces 1966 album for the breakdown to "Whole Lotta Love" for an early example of the theivery that continued throught his career). Eddie Phillips of the Creation used the bow very extensively a few years before Page started doing it after seeing him.

Anonymous

It’s a technique that can be dated back to the renassaince.

Anonymous

Punk Bass Guitar Settings! Please Help!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Punk Bass Guitar Settings! Please Help!

Anonymous

Problem with Marshall avt150 head

This popular thread has been given its own page : Problem with Marshall avt150 head

Anonymous

i iam considering buying a mexican start its in perfict condishion but i carnt afford a usa start but what i want to no is that if the mex strats are allover good guitars.

Anonymous

: i iam considering buying a mexican start its in perfict condishion but i carnt afford a usa start but what i want to no is that if the mex strats are allover good guitars. I HAVE A MEXICASTER,AND REALLY HAPPY WITH IT,I COMPARED IT TO A FEW "USA" STRATS AND THE MEXI CAME OUT ON TOP…….(MY OPINION)

Anonymous

Mexican strats tend to be brighter and sharper-sounding than US strats because of its poplar body, but whether that’s a good or bad thing depends on your preference and repertoire. workmanship on mexican strats are quite good for their price range, and, well, it’s a Strat! 🙂 good luck with your purchase.

Anonymous

They are decent guitars, but of course it depends on the price and condition (and who you ask, some people just hate fenders and especially the mex ones), if it’s perfect and you like the sound, feel and price… then go for it. : i iam considering buying a mexican start its in perfict condishion but i carnt afford a usa start but what i want to no is that if the mex strats are allover good guitars.

Anonymous

hello, anybody can email some guitar lessons? I am novice and i’d like to play. Please somebody can tell me somethig about this guitars in order to buy one to learn to play: peavey raptor plus, squier affinity stratocaster, yamaha pacifica. which is best? I own a acoustic guitar

Viewing 279 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.